Goodbye Jesus

Funny Pics Thread Three

Discern

Not funny, but holy shit!

afternoon-break-010-03312015.jpg

I am never wearing shoes again. sick.gif

The word "MoM" is not what I see when I look at this.

yHjAldN.jpg

afternoon-break-010-03312015.jpg

Back when my family lived in El Salvador (where scorpions crawling into your shoe was a real daily possibility) we stored our shoes in gallon ziplock bags. Just putting that out there.

How do they not realize?

1202105.jpg

• Like 1

Back when my family lived in El Salvador (where scorpions crawling into your shoe was a real daily possibility) we stored our shoes in gallon ziplock bags. Just putting that out there.

I live in central Florida and I have to check my shoes for scorpions and black widows in the summer months if I leave shoes on the floor. Scorpions mostly. I've found a couple of Widows in shoes that were in the back of the closet for a few months. Bark Scorpions are mostly annoying. They sting when they get you, but are just painful and not dangerous. The brown scorpions are the ones you have to worry about. Nasty little buggers.

With scorpions, the smaller they are, the more dangerous they are.

If you live in an area with scorpions, I recommend a shoe rack to hang your shoes. You won't have to worry about spiders or scorpions. Even if a spider does end up in your shoe, pulling the shoe off the hanging rack will pull the web and spider out.

I still forget to hang them sometimes and have to check, but usually I remember and don't have to worry about it.

I live in central Florida and I have to check my shoes for scorpions and black widows in the summer months if I leave shoes on the floor. Scorpions mostly. I've found a couple of Widows in shoes that were in the back of the closet for a few months. Bark Scorpions are mostly annoying. They sting when they get you, but are just painful and not dangerous. The brown scorpions are the ones you have to worry about. Nasty little buggers.

With scorpions, the smaller they are, the more dangerous they are.

If you live in an area with scorpions, I recommend a shoe rack to hang your shoes. You won't have to worry about spiders or scorpions. Even if a spider does end up in your shoe, pulling the shoe off the hanging rack will pull the web and spider out.

I still forget to hang them sometimes and have to check, but usually I remember and don't have to worry about it.

Pretty sure we had a lot more scorpions in El Salvador than you do in Florida, plus I haven't been down there in years.

What I taught was that the lighter a scorpion is in color, the more dangerous it is. 

Pretty sure we had a lot more scorpions in El Salvador than you do in Florida, plus I haven't been down there in years.

What I taught was that the lighter a scorpion is in color, the more dangerous it is. 

Overall, sure. It depends on where you are in Florida how much you have to worry about scorpions. I've lived in several places in the state, and they aren't a big deal in the panhandle or north eastern part of the state unless you're running about in the deep woods, even then they are pretty uncommon. It's very unlikely you'll run into one inside your home, much less in a shoe.

They tend to avoid wetter areas. Where I live in central Florida they are quite common if there isn't a lot of water nearby. Bark scorpions mostly, but if you're messing around in the leaves or cool dry areas there's a good chance you'll run into a brown scorpion. They aren't particularly aggressive unless you poke at them, but they do get into houses sometimes and hide out in dark out of the way places, like the inside of shoes. I've never seen a bark scorpion inside, they tend to hang around trees outside.

Size is the best quick glance indicator for how dangerous a scorpion is where I live. That isn't true everywhere though. Bark scorpions are annoying, they sting, but are not dangerous. Brown Scorpions can be lethal under the right circumstances, usually not though, but they'll ruin your day at the least.

We also have red ones, but they're pretty harmless and like to eat roaches. Plus, whip scorpions, which aren't scorpions at all but a bug that kind of looks like a scorpion with with a long thin straight tail that kind of looks like an antennae.

Some venomous scorpions are very dark, color isn't a good indicator outside of certain regions.

If you want a universal way to tell how dangerous a scorpion is, venomous scorpions have thicker tails and thin pincers. If you're dealing with something with fat claws and a thin tail, you've got nothing to worry about, but if its got slim claws and a fat looking tail, it can fuck you up in a bad way if you're not careful.

Take this dark colored little bastard for example. He'll ruin your day pretty quick if he gets you with his stinger.

ptransv.jpg

In another example, this light colored guy isn't dangerous in the slightest.

optad_327w.jpg

Overall, sure. It depends on where you are in Florida how much you have to worry about scorpions. I've lived in several places in the state, and they aren't a big deal in the panhandle or north eastern part of the state unless you're running about in the deep woods, even then they are pretty uncommon. It's very unlikely you'll run into one inside your home, much less in a shoe.

They tend to avoid wetter areas. Where I live in central Florida they are quite common if there isn't a lot of water nearby. Bark scorpions mostly, but if you're messing around in the leaves or cool dry areas there's a good chance you'll run into a brown scorpion. They aren't particularly aggressive unless you poke at them, but they do get into houses sometimes and hide out in dark out of the way places, like the inside of shoes. I've never seen a bark scorpion inside, they tend to hang around trees outside.

Size is the best quick glance indicator for how dangerous a scorpion is where I live. That isn't true everywhere though. Bark scorpions are annoying, they sting, but are not dangerous. Brown Scorpions can be lethal under the right circumstances, usually not though, but they'll ruin your day at the least.

We also have red ones, but they're pretty harmless and like to eat roaches. Plus, whip scorpions, which aren't scorpions at all but a bug that kind of looks like a scorpion with with a long thin straight tail that kind of looks like an antennae.

Some venomous scorpions are very dark, color isn't a good indicator outside of certain regions.

If you want a universal way to tell how dangerous a scorpion is, venomous scorpions have thicker tails and thin pincers. If you're dealing with something with fat claws and a thin tail, you've got nothing to worry about, but if its got slim claws and a fat looking tail, it can fuck you up in a bad way if you're not careful.

Take this dark colored little bastard for example. He'll ruin your day pretty quick if he gets you with his stinger.

ptransv.jpg

In another example, this light colored guy isn't dangerous in the slightest.

optad_327w.jpg

Ugh, thanks for giving me the skin crawls lol

a-few-basic-chemistry-puns_o_5120929.jpg

...or just planted the seed.

Ah. Bruce is a woman and I no longer think an earthquake is eminent. Sweet relief.

desktop-1430763716.jpg

desktop-1430763869.jpg

desktop-1430764247.jpg

desktop-1430764308.jpg

desktop-1430795155.jpg

desktop-1430836034.jpg

desktop-1430836071.jpg

desktop-1430836181.jpg

desktop-1430836224.jpg

desktop-1430836413.jpg

• Like 1

desktop-1430836447.jpg