Goodbye Jesus

Free Will

xtify

Like with the bible, you are simply reading what you want the post to say.  At no point does the post say anything about "stupid christians".  Shame on you.

I quoted this but was referring to the general discussion yesterday.

What End3 and religion/Christianity/God essentially want us to do is disregard our minds, our abilities to reason the way we can and use the Bible as the sole source of truth and build off of that. The conclusion has already been made for us. If science contradicts it, we're doing it wrong. As one Christian recently said, "If the bible told me that 2+2 is 5, I would believe it."

This is the problem with Christians and people of other faiths. If we are to believe in things that do not make sense, then anything is fair game and why would anyone disbelieve anything at all, ever?

No, I think your missing the point LC. Me personally, I think the "error" comes when we totally disregard ANY evidence, including the Bible. So I would appreciate you not lumping me in with other philosophy.

The bible is a set of claims, not evidence. Only texts that describe real verifiable evidence can be cited as evidence in themselves. The issue is not the historical claims in the bible. Some of them are correct because they have been verified by archeological evidence, mostly New Testament historical details mentioned in passing. However, many have not. The issue is the supernatural claims about god and Jesus. These are SUPERNATURAL (by virtue of definition, not verifiable in nature) claims only. They are not evidence.

This needs to be re-quoted, because Neverland addressed this back in post 200.

"The issue is not the historical claims in the bible."  Some have been verified but most have not.

"The issue is the supernatural claims about god and jesus."

"These are supernatural claims only.  They are not evidence."

End3 is pulling the same tactic he used with epigenetics being the cause that gave god the moral authority to commit genocide.

He's never addressed the biblical way of curing leprosy, which is beyond unsanitary let alone completely missing the mark in terms of medical cures. 

He's akin to Joan of Arc saying "Look!  Here's a sword in the field!  Look at how the sword is perfectly shaped to fit the hand!  Obviously that proves my religion is true!"

Or with Ray Comfort and his banana 'science...'

So here's a thought.

Science asks for evidence to support a mechanism

where Christianity says do this mechanism to generate evidence.

So here's a thought.

Here's where the scientific method got us in curing leprosy:

http://apps.who.int/medicinedocs/en/d/Jh2988e/5.html

Several drugs are used in combination in multidrug therapy (MDT). (See table) These drugs must never be used alone as monotherapy for leprosy.

Dapsone, which is bacteriostatic or weakly bactericidal against M. leprae, was the mainstay treatment for leprosy for many years until widespread resistant strains appeared. Combination therapy has become essential to slow or prevent the development of resistance. Rifampicin is now combined with dapsone to treat paucibacillary leprosy. Rifampicin and clofazimine are now combined with dapsone to treat multibacillary leprosy.

A single dose of combination therapy has been used to cure single lesion paucibacillary leprosy: rifampicin (600 mg), ofloxacin (400 mg), and minocycline (100 mg). The child with a single lesion takes half the adult dose of the 3 medications.

Here's where the bible got us in curing leprosy:

Get two birds. Kill one. Dip the live bird in the blood of the dead one. Sprinkle the blood on the leper seven times, and then let the blood-soaked bird fly away. Next find a lamb and kill it. Wipe some of its blood on the patient’s right ear, thumb, and big toe. Sprinkle seven times with oil and wipe some of the oil on his right ear, thumb and big toe. Repeat. Finally find another pair of birds. Kill one and dip the live bird in the dead bird’s blood. Wipe some blood on the patient’s right ear, thumb, and big toe. Sprinkle the house with blood 7 times.

– Leviticus 14:2-52

So here's a thought.

Here's where the scientific method got us in curing leprosy:

http://apps.who.int/medicinedocs/en/d/Jh2988e/5.html

Several drugs are used in combination in multidrug therapy (MDT). (See table) These drugs must never be used alone as monotherapy for leprosy.

Dapsone, which is bacteriostatic or weakly bactericidal against M. leprae, was the mainstay treatment for leprosy for many years until widespread resistant strains appeared. Combination therapy has become essential to slow or prevent the development of resistance. Rifampicin is now combined with dapsone to treat paucibacillary leprosy. Rifampicin and clofazimine are now combined with dapsone to treat multibacillary leprosy.

A single dose of combination therapy has been used to cure single lesion paucibacillary leprosy: rifampicin (600 mg), ofloxacin (400 mg), and minocycline (100 mg). The child with a single lesion takes half the adult dose of the 3 medications.

Here's where the bible got us in curing leprosy:

Get two birds. Kill one. Dip the live bird in the blood of the dead one. Sprinkle the blood on the leper seven times, and then let the blood-soaked bird fly away. Next find a lamb and kill it. Wipe some of its blood on the patient’s right ear, thumb, and big toe. Sprinkle seven times with oil and wipe some of the oil on his right ear, thumb and big toe. Repeat. Finally find another pair of birds. Kill one and dip the live bird in the dead bird’s blood. Wipe some blood on the patient’s right ear, thumb, and big toe. Sprinkle the house with blood 7 times.

– Leviticus 14:2-52

The easy relationship there Roz is both are "multi" in nature. Can we use this as a evidence? Sure we could.

Who here buys End3's moronic explanation?

And for someone who ridiculed my English when he said "I can't believe you can even spell science..."

"Can we use this as a evidence? Sure we could."

Here's something maybe you can understand:  http://www.wikihow.com/Use-%22A%22-and-%22An%22-Correctly

Between half a dozen dead birds and modern medicine... hmmmm...

I pity you and I'm a bit scared for any minors in your care if you really DO see correlation between the two.

Between half a dozen dead birds and modern medicine... hmmmm...

I pity you and I'm a bit scared for any minors in your care if you really DO see correlation between the two.

I think you will be Nimroz from now on...

• Super Moderator

End3, do you accept the scientific evidence on the website linked below?

http://www.islamreligion.com/category/34/

• Super Moderator

No, but I do accept it as evidence.

No you do not accept it as evidence?  Or No you DO accept it as evidence?  Don't obfuscate by contradiction.

Watching End3 squirm under scrutiny somehow never gets old.  He really can't justify anything he's saying at this time zDuivel7.gif

No you do not accept it as evidence?  Or No you DO accept it as evidence?  Don't obfuscate by contradiction.

I do not accept it as scientific evidence but do accept it as evidence for potential relationships/mechanisms yet uncovered or maybe non-existent. But that does not exclude them as evidence nor exclude me from the scientific process.

• Super Moderator

I do not accept it as scientific evidence but do accept it as evidence for potential relationships/mechanisms yet uncovered or maybe non-existent. But that does not exclude them as evidence nor exclude me from the scientific process.

If I understand these two strings of random words put together in a seeming purposely confusing way, your argument boils down to "It's only science when I want it to be; otherwise it's just evidence."

Did I miss something?

Please let me know where you stand on these

Theoretical physics.....hard, soft, or science at all.

Anthropology...hard, soft, or science at all.

Thanks

• Super Moderator

Thanks

As a biologist, I have no qualifications to speak on either of those two fields.

Thanks.

Thanks

As a biologist, I have no qualifications to speak on either of those two fields.

Thanks.

That's what I thought.

Dear child molester and murderer known as End3, do YOU have any qualifications in those fields you speak of?

And yes, unlike End3, I can quote exactly where he said he will commit those atrocities

• Super Moderator

Thanks

Thanks.

That's what I thought.

So, admitting that I am not qualified in those fields leads you to think you've scored a point?  Where exactly were you trying to go with that?  

Thanks

Thanks.

That's what I thought.

So, admitting that I am not qualified in those fields leads you to think you've scored a point?  Where exactly were you trying to go with that?

You with a PhD in science can't speculate on whether these pursuits are science????

What about dear BAA, holding his hopes on some multiverse for proof of no God??? Will humanity be able to fly out to the edge or ours and say look, there's another and another?

And all the minions here...Jesus.

If y'all do not have any more intellectual skill than the current effort, it's a waste of my lifetime.

• Super Moderator

If y'all do not have any more intellectual skill than the current effort, it's a waste of my lifetime.

So, what's keeping you here?  I don't mean that as an invitation to leave, but as an honest question.

By the way, I don't have a PhD.