Goodbye Jesus

Grace Is The Knowledge Of Inseparability, And Of Us.

FreeThinkerNZ

No no no. Commercial labs have pretty high standards too. The customers would want high standards. For example I don't think a customer will be happy if one lab reports a fluoride content of 2.5 mg/L and another lab reports 2 mg/L. If one lab gives 2.5 mg/L and the other gives 2.3 mg/L, the customer most probably will be okay with the results.

Why do you say scientific crap? I don't think I am insulting anybody. I find this kind of discussion very interesting. Even if I am proven wrong, at least I get more information out of it.

The average commercial customer doesn't know the difference between 2 and 2.3 or 2.5 ppm. They just want the interpretation...will that much fluoride hurt my teeth?

I know you don't think you are insulting anyone....that's the beauty of youth.

I don't think so. Most customers have a "sciency" person and such person will question a result such as 2 ppm with +/- 0.2 for example. That just does not make sense.

Also, am I young person? How do you know?

Because your "answers" to these questions show you most likely don't have the experience you are trying to project and that is a hallmark of youth.

If everything is subjective, then Christianity is as well. Which means that Christian beliefs are not objectively true, they are subjective.

Was Jesus born from a virgin?  It just depends on what you believe. If you believe it, then yes. If you don't, then no.   

There's no reason to try to convert people to your subjective religious beliefs.  What they believe about religion is true for them.  It's not only presumptuous and rude, but assuming you know that another should have the same religious beliefs as you do may be harmful to that person.

• Like 1

No no no. Commercial labs have pretty high standards too. The customers would want high standards. For example I don't think a customer will be happy if one lab reports a fluoride content of 2.5 mg/L and another lab reports 2 mg/L. If one lab gives 2.5 mg/L and the other gives 2.3 mg/L, the customer most probably will be okay with the results.

Why do you say scientific crap? I don't think I am insulting anybody. I find this kind of discussion very interesting. Even if I am proven wrong, at least I get more information out of it.

The average commercial customer doesn't know the difference between 2 and 2.3 or 2.5 ppm. They just want the interpretation...will that much fluoride hurt my teeth?

I don't think so. Most customers have a "sciency" person and such person will question a result such as 2 ppm with +/- 0.2 for example. That just does not make sense.

Because your "answers" to these questions show you most likely don't have the experience you are trying to project and that is a hallmark of youth.

E3, forgive me for butting in, but I don't see where SL insulted you, although I understand why you might think so. Using some kind of argument from authority (the authority being your presumably older self) isn't really called for either, and it can lead to an incorrect conclusion on your part.

You are looking subjectively at an issue and making assumptions, and do you see where that is leading? You might be in the wrong! You don't know SL's age. Not it would necessarily matter in this case, but you make assumptions subjectively where it may be possible to compare your own and SL's ages!

Why guess when you could offer to compare ages and be sure that your premise is correct, even if your conclusion may not be?

• Like 1

"I'm Full of It" Recipe

3 oz passive-aggressiveness

2 oz anger

3 oz secrecy

1 oz essence of "I don't have a clue"

1 lb filet of redefinition of common words

Mix all ingredients together.  Bake for 30 minutes at 350.  Sprinkle top with "fuck you" to taste.  Force others to eat it.  Declare victory.

• Like 2

That is a cheap shot. My guess is I am shooting very close to the truth, or maybe bull's eye, with my posts and that makes you very uncomfortable so you resorted to ad hominem.

• Like 2

That is a cheap shot. My guess is I am shooting very close to the truth, or maybe bull's eye, with my posts and that makes you very uncomfortable so you resorted to ad hominem.

Your guess would be wrong. You said even if you are wrong, you might learn something. Here's your chance

"I'm Full of It" Recipe

3 oz passive-aggressiveness

2 oz anger

3 oz secrecy

1 oz essence of "I don't have a clue"

1 lb filet of redefinition of common words

Mix all ingredients together.  Bake for 30 minutes at 350.  Sprinkle top with "fuck you" to taste.  Force others to eat it.  Declare victory.

Actually kind of clever s. Probably a little more than a sprinkle of FU...but other than that...

Your guess would be wrong. You said even if you are wrong, you might learn something. Here's your chance

Then please enlighten me why you resorted to ad hominem attack and never answer my questions.

I don't understand what the mystery is. Make your objective assertions for them to be considered. As I have said before, even if I don't believe we may work outside of subjectivity, we still may have an objective discussion within that subjectivity.

And let me ask this. Science basically makes the subjectivity objective.....i.e. our ability and method to assess something as objective. So if objectivity is a subset of subjectivity, how are we to legitimately turn it around where subjectivity is the subset of objectivity.

And in no way am I "paralyzed" to have a discussion or to do objective. I "unparalyze" myself about 14 hours a day in two separate laboratories.....for a living.

So please, please bringeth thy point to the table...

I think I am a little dumber as a result of reading this word salad.

E3,

We have all made good points here and they all lead to the same conclusion.  Let me explain further by typing the rest of this by subjectively guessing where the keys are on my keyboard, OK?

It's nor that yaer 59 invwesausb. I;m no touwc 5ipowyf/

• Like 1

And you are someone that says everything is subjective, yet can't see that religion is one of the most subject things out there.   So what does that make you?  

It really seems like you don't understand very simple things.

E3,

Why don't you respond to my posts?   The last one, in my subjective opinion, was comedic gold. Do you see it differently? Either way, it was a post. We both know that, don't we?

Then please enlighten me why you resorted to ad hominem attack and never answer my questions

End3, just forget about the attack that I presumably felt coming from you. I don't care about it anymore. Dissecting it cheapened the discussion.

I also apologize from the presumably attack that you felt coming from me.

All I request from you is, please answer my questions from post #391. I am extremely interested in your answers.

I am posting them here again:

End3, it will be nice if you are so kind to provide answers to the questions below:

1. What is the result of 1.0 g of NaCl added to 10 g of NaCl? Please provide the answer with the significant figure. (In this exercise we can see the importance of scientific significant figure that helps scientists, anywhere in the world, report and understand results objectively)

2. What is the definition of acids, bases and salts? (These are basic definitions that are objectively accept in scientific community.)

• Like 2

• Super Moderator

Wow.  I step away from the internet for a couple of days and this entire thread has turned to shit.  End3, there is absolutely no way you can reconcile the claim that "everything is subjective" with the claim that "I do objective 14 hours a day in two different laboratories."  These two statements are completely contradictory and reek of the points BAA has spent the last week trying to get you to see.

Also, since you can't or won't answer SL's simple questions, I'm seriously doubting you even work in a lab... yet again!  Hell, I could answer them myself and I only took basic college chemistry along with biochem.

• Like 2

Wow.  I step away from the internet for a couple of days and this entire thread has turned to shit.  End3, there is absolutely no way you can reconcile the claim that "everything is subjective" with the claim that "I do objective 14 hours a day in two different laboratories."  These two statements are completely contradictory and reek of the points BAA has spent the last week trying to get you to see.

Also, since you can't or won't answer SL's simple questions, I'm seriously doubting you even work in a lab... yet again!  Hell, I could answer them myself and I only took basic college chemistry along with biochem.

I suspect End is one of those people who managed to get a science degree and a job in a lab without gaining an adequate understanding of science.  Probably the tasks performed in the labs are so automated that scientific understanding isn't even necessary.  Put simply, I think he wings it.  

It wouldn't surprise me if xian employers in Texas and the South operate a kind of unspoken affirmative action program.  When you think about that, the impact on the health of the science community and progress for American society is quite scary, but stranger things have happened.

I'm sorry you don't understand my point either. If y'all would wish to carry on an sciency conversation with SL, please feel free. Don't forget to document, document, document!

I'm sorry you don't understand my point either. If y'all would wish to carry on an sciency conversation with SL, please feel free. Don't forget to document, document, document!

Science doesn't really interest you, does it?  For most of us, science blows our minds.  Many of us would love the opportunity to do a science degree.  We wouldn't waste it either.

Science doesn't really interest you, does it?  For most of us, science blows our minds.  Many of us would love the opportunity to do a science degree.  We wouldn't waste it either.

A science degree was a means to an end NZ. It pays better. I actually enjoy the research aspect. I don't have a high enough degree to warrant a job in research...masters and higher.

End, argiung that there is no objective reality is just silly. Why do you keep doing it?

To your questions SL....11 and look up the others. I'm sure there are standard definitions.

Then, the answer 11 that you arrive at is because you are following the objective rule in reporting result based on significant figure.

You see, it is objective. People in Russia, China, Australia will arrive at the same answer.

This means you can think objectively. This is the point that so many of people here have been trying to prove to you. So, everybody, here is the prove that something can be objective coming from End3.

Thank you End3.

End, argiung that there is no objective reality is just silly. Why do you keep doing it?

Answer me this please. Before humanity, what was a tree?

To your questions SL....11 and look up the others. I'm sure there are standard definitions.

Then, the answer 11 that you arrive at is because you are following the objective rule in reporting result based on significant figure.

You see, it is objective. People in Russia, China, Australia will arrive at the same answer.

This means you can think objectively. This is the point that so many of people here have been trying to prove to you. So, everybody, here is the prove that something can be objective coming from End3.

Thank you End3.

That's fine and have said several times to these people that we may have an objective discussion within our own subjectivity. Have even gone as far as agreeing with these nimrods that there is most likely a reality if all humanity died. But for the life of me, they will not accept that everything is defined and objectified through humanity....which is my point.

If you BAA, are wanting me to say "we are equals" in that we may hold ourselves to some objective standard. fine. But this standard was defined by humanity.....in the '30s I think by a human......a subjective human. UNLESS we take define ALL of his subjectivity and ALL of ours as OBJECTIVE, then there will never be a lack of subjectivity......not even with our very very very best efforts.

Again, for someone who prides themselves being akin to Spock, I'm sure this floors you.

I think there is a possibility that End3 does work in a lab doing quantitative and qualitative chemistry work. My mistake yesterday was assuming he worked in a research & development (R&D) or quality assurance (QA) department. My guess is he probably works in a quality control (QC) lab. QC technicians need to perform the procedures and make sure the results fall within the confidence intervals. If they don't, what the technicians need to do is report it to supervisors and the supervisors will forward it to QA and R&D.

One thing that I want to mention to End3 is if 2 different machines give 2 different results it does not mean the results are subjective.

Take a simple pH meter for example. You can buy a $50 that gives you water pH of 6 or you can buy a $150 that gives you a pH of 6.4 or you can buy a $400 that gives you pH of 6.44 or you can get a $1000 that gives you a pH of 6.444. Those numbers are not subjective. Those machines give different result due to their accuracy, very different concept than subjective. I hope my explanation helps.

• Like 2