Goodbye Jesus

A Simple Method To Prove The Bible Is Not Inspired By A God

EdwardAbbey

A Simple Method To Prove The Bible Is Not Inspired By A God

Skepticism should be the default position when we are evaluating extraordinary claims, especially when it comes to claims of such potential importance. The onus is on the person putting forth the extraordinary claim (in this case the topic of: could the Bible be the word of God) to support their position. Skeptically speaking, approaching the topic to prove the bible is NOT inspired by God is coming at the topic backwards, and shifts the burden of proof the wrong way. The approach of proving something not so, gives a tacit nod in favor of that something maybe being so. The skeptically neutral title and question for approaching this topic would be: “How Good is The Evidence That The Bible Was Inspired by God?”

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheListener

• Ouroboros

• crazy-tiger

• Fweethawt

And to add a little to the story, when Eve ate the fruit, she didn't die, so of course she would give it to Adam because there was no dying effects. They could see that what God had said didn't add up. But somehow the snake said the truth! They didn't die!

Next God comes and changed the rules, now it wasn't to die here and now, but instead it was to die later, and to work hard, and to be expelled from Eden. Didn't God remember his own promise? Shouldn't he have been straightforward and told them they would be forced outside Eden, or that they had to work for their living after this? Why did he withold that information? Isn't hiding essential information a form of lying?

Oh, but wait a sec.. they were already going to DIE "some day" because they were also kept from eating the other tree, the Tree of Life, and they were booted out so they couldn't eat of that tree and live forever. Was that the antidote tree? Maybe they should have eaten from that one first.

Anyway, there are other ways of interpreting the fruit of good and evil, but one thing interests me in this story. There are sociopaths in our world that have not been affected by this A&E fruit-eating, and they don't know the difference between good and evil. They live in an emotional void and want to feel, but can't. So, why doesn't the Christian Creationists Pseudo-Scientists start figure out what was in that fruit? What kind of biochemical mystery did it contain? Somehow that fruit would encourage development of the frontal lobe, and imagine how many people it would help if they could find this cure! But why don't they? Don't they believe that the fruit was somehow natural, or do they believe it must it have been a supernatural fruit? But then how do you (or in this case Adam and Eve) eat a supernatural fruit? So it wasn't a true/natural story after all? Come on Christians! Explain this!

If they weren't Good or Evil before they ate the fruit, then what were they? Boring drones?

Amazing what ONE small bite of a fruit could do, eh? Why wasn't it laced with cyanide? Then it would have been true, they'd have died.

Oh. That's pretty. At least pretty colors. :HaHa:

Wow, I noticed this debate started as proving the bible as untrue and you guys argued with Daniel, or whoever, for 2 pages! Of course that does show that christians won't be able to give one inch of ground in the defence of their bible. IF we were to completely disprove something in the bible that would completely prove that the bible was fallible, then we have truly Won! From what I've seen in this thread, Christians will argue over the most mediocre thing in order to hold onto their notion of an infallible book, Mabey thats their downfall. We need to corner them with nowhere to run.

peace,

BC

You don't need science to prove the bible was only written by humans and not inspired by a Deity.

The only thing that is needed is a dose of common sense, logic and rational thought.

When you get right on down to it, you don't even have to rack the brain to come to that conclusion.

Even a 10 year old will come up with challeging questions for the adults who believe in the stuff written in that story book.

In short, the bible and the Christian religion is a fairy tale for adults.

Commets?

I missed the point, what DOES disprove the Bible then? And how?

I hi-lited the answer for you in bold red above.

How? Just apply it and it'll amaze you.

...you're joking :lmao: And here I was, thinking about Dragonlance's Draconians, which are wayy cooler than the guy in the photo :lmao:

However, Listener, you should answer the posts previous to that one. There are many people interested in hearing your answers here, I'm sure.

I didn't read them all to be honest, people started getting rude so I left this thread to die a natural death.

I didn't read them all to be honest, people started getting rude so I left this thread to die a natural death.
Wow! Who'da thunk it?!?! :eek:

It looks like resurrection is possible, huh? :twitch:

Shit! Now that I think about it, you did it in less than three days! :jesus:

God is definitely on your side! :Doh:

:mellow:

Wow! Who'da thunk it?!?! :eek:

It looks like resurrection is possible, huh? :twitch:

Shit! Now that I think about it, you did it in less than three days! :jesus:

God is definitely on your side! :Doh:

:mellow:

:scratch:

Sorry Fweethawt if I ignore your posts from time to time please don't take any offense ok? :)

:scratch:

Sorry Fweethawt if I ignore your posts from time to time please don't take any offense ok? :)

I see that you replied to that one though.

How come you keep skipping everyone else's posts (the pertinent ones), and yet you reply to the stupid one that I made?

What's up with that?

Also, why did you say we were being rude? We asked legitimate questions and made logical statements, and yet, you find that rude.

What's up with that?

Or is this going to be one of my posts that you ignore "from time to time"?

Who was being rude? This thread seems pretty tame comprared to some others.

Oh well I guess as they say, if you can't take the heat....

How come you keep skipping everyone else's posts (the pertinent ones), and yet you reply to the stupid one that I made?

It must be the mice fwee, nobody can resist :HaHa:

You ever get the feeling that the nice, bolded warning in the Lions Den rules might have given you some idea what to expect in this part of the forum?

You know the one I mean... "Expect heated responses here."

Oh, and "rude" is relative... and by the looks of it, anything that points out the inherent contradictions of your belief seems to be rude as far as you're concerned...

Call me cynical, but that's convenient... it gives you a perfect reason not to answer. :scratch:

I know what kind of a forum I am in.

And what kind of forum would you be in?

You're about to show us that you are incredibly thin-skinned, or that you have made a sweeping generalization...

I am in a forum inhabited by people resentful towards their parents wrongful upbringing and those who never believed for one reason or another.

When I was an atheist God was never an issue for me, I didn't even talk about it. Here you all get together just to bag out Christianity, why? Why has it scarred you so much?

Did I read that you had been a christian for 2 years?

Haven't even read all of the OT yet?

Come back in 30 years and let us know how it all worked out for ya.

You're about to show us that you are incredibly thin-skinned, or that you have made a sweeping generalization...

I am in a forum inhabited by people resentful towards their parents wrongful upbringing and those who never believed for one reason or another.

As you can see, Crazy Tiger's Prophet Powers™ are more accurate than those of Jesus Christ Himself™. :HaHa:

I've read and studied enough of the OT to know what you are referring to (i.e. Joshua, judges etc).

As you can see, Crazy Tiger's Prophet Powers are more accurate than those of Jesus Christ Himself. :HaHa:

Do you get extra points for every insult you make to Jesus in this forum? :P

I've read and studied enough of the OT to know what you are referring to (i.e. Joshua, judges etc).

OK dude- then tell me why your God was satiated by the murder of ACHAN'S LITTLE KIDS.

Do you get extra points for every insult you make to Jesus in this forum? :P
Do you get extra Jesus Points™ every time that you ignore questions that are being asked of you by the others here?

Look, I've seen your "kind" here before. You come in, make all sorts of statements that generate questions, and you ignore just about everyone that asks you them. Like a lot of other people here, I can't stand it when you do that. Not that you really care if I approve, but I'm just letting you know that most of us think that's rude.

You give us a hard time, we're going to give you a hard time.

It's not a point system.

It's just a system.

False. Lies. Didn't God tell you not to lie and not to judge? You still do it. The second judgmental statement from you. I doubt you're the right kind of Christian. You're a false prophet, and should be stoned for your arrogance.

When I was an atheist God was never an issue for me, I didn't even talk about it. Here you all get together just to bag out Christianity, why? Why has it scarred you so much?

You were never a true Atheist.

OK dude- then tell me why your God was satiated by the murder of ACHAN'S LITTLE KIDS.

What about them?

PS: If I came across judgemental I apologise, I'm trying very hard not to be. I made a general statement based on my experiences, that is all. (+2 Jesus Points™ for me)

Yep... a sweeping generalization.

Now, this might be a little rude, but it needs to be said...

You know fuck-all about us, our history, our beliefs... You come here, spreading the same old lies and bollocks that we come here to excape from... You have the same old mis-conceptions about why we don't believe. You are, basically, ignorant...

Allow me to educate you on a few things...

First, most of us were brought up in good little Christian homes by good little Christian parents using good little Christian beliefs. If that is wrongful upbringing, then I want to know what planet you're from...

Second, very few of us have any kind of resent towards our parents for that upbringing.

Third, we wouldn't be getting together to bag out Christianity if you Christians wouldn't keep invading our refuge with the same old poison.

Fourth, the only scarring I've got from Christianity has been from you dumb fucks who insist on ramming that shit down my throat at every opportunity.

Fifth, if you ever want to be taken seriously here, LEARN SOMETHING ABOUT US BEFORE JUDGING US!

Idiot.

What about them?

What do you mean, what about them?

You said you knew the book of Joshua.

So I asked you to explain to me what kind of a god would be satiated by ordering the stoning and burning of little kids.

Simple question.