Goodbye Jesus

The Way That I Will Experience Hell...

Llwellyn

Also L, I read a book when I was younger....some lady claiming she had toured hell with Jesus. I'm guessing that this lady either had a wonderfully vivid imagination or she went to hell. Either way, it scared me pretty good. I can't fathom wanting to learn via the experience she allowed.

blessings.

Your god experienced it supposedly and if it was good enough for him to check out what does that say about you if you can't learn first hand for a few hours to appreciate your "heaven" more?

you wouldn't burn for your god?

Have suffered all I care to suffer Gall....hence the savior concept. Thx.

But look at the failure of that savior concept.

You have already suffered all that you care to suffer . . . even though it wasn't suppose to happen because of magic.

And you are going to continue to suffer because this life is all that exists and there is no magic.

It really is better to abandon the magical savior concept and look at the world for what it really is.  You alone are the only force that can reduce your own suffering.  Trusting in nothing won't make a difference.

You are saying I am trusting in nothing. That is not correct. I trust in choosing good and in that those choices yield different results than choosing otherwise. Very similar to L taking it as it comes....the only difference is she doesn't believe in Christ.

So in other words, you are trusting in nothing.

Hey, it's your life . . .

A defined morality is nothing?

• Super Moderator

Also L, I read a book when I was younger....some lady claiming she had toured hell with Jesus. I'm guessing that this lady either had a wonderfully vivid imagination or she went to hell. Either way, it scared me pretty good. I can't fathom wanting to learn via the experience she allowed.

blessings.

Your god experienced it supposedly and if it was good enough for him to check out what does that say about you if you can't learn first hand for a few hours to appreciate your "heaven" more?

You have already suffered all that you care to suffer . . . even though it wasn't suppose to happen because of magic.

And you are going to continue to suffer because this life is all that exists and there is no magic.

It really is better to abandon the magical savior concept and look at the world for what it really is.  You alone are the only force that can reduce your own suffering.  Trusting in nothing won't make a difference.

You are saying I am trusting in nothing. That is not correct. I trust in choosing good and in that those choices yield different results than choosing otherwise. Very similar to L taking it as it comes....the only difference is she doesn't believe in Christ.

But how can you know what is good if everything is subjective?

• Super Moderator

End,

You don't trust in choosing good. 

Instead you trust in choosing what you subjectively believe is good. 

That's because you cannot objectively know what good is. 

To you, everything is subjective.  Including good. 

You have no objective knowledge of good to guide you - only your subjective belief in what good might be.

N.P.E. J.K.Y.H.

BAA

Oops, didn't mean to cross-post you, there, BAA.

blessings.

Can y'all not take this back to the other thread(s)?

blessings.

No.  

Can't you be honest here...?

• Like 3

blessings.

So in other words, you are trusting in nothing.

Hey, it's your life . . .

A defined morality is nothing?

Your "defined morality" is defined exclusively by your subjective faith, End.

By your own admission, there's nothing objective in your life at all.

Therefore, your morality cannot be defined by anything objective.

Meaning that your morality is totally and entirely... subjective.

• Like 2

No.  

Not being honest and not being able to answer posts seems pretty common among the Christians here. It's just not something they're used to doing.  Honest comes from knowing yourself.

No.  

Not being honest and not being able to answer posts seems pretty common among the Christians here. It's just not something they're used to doing.  Honest comes from knowing yourself.

Agree, Mikey.

End's self-made problem is that he can never objectively know anything about anything - let alone anything about himself.   Wendyshrug.gif

No.  

I answered 30 something pages of honesty. Now BAA is like a stalker. Is it too much to ask to let this lady have her thread without doing this shit. I have been accused a zillion times for derailing threads...but heck, it's ok if y'all do it. Quit already and grow the fuck up.

No.  

I answered 30 something pages of honesty. Now BAA is like a stalker. Is it too much to ask to let this lady have her thread without doing this shit. I have been accused a zillion times for derailing threads...but heck, it's ok if y'all do it. Quit already and grow the fuck up.

Sorry End.

It's nothing personal.

If you take a look at my profile page (which hasn't changed much in years) you'll see that I keep track of posts by OrdinaryClay, Thumbelina and other Christians.  So what I'm doing here with you is no different.  

This has been my m.o. for years now and I won't be changing it just because you've painted yourself into a corner.

BAA.

• Like 2

No.  

I answered 30 something pages of honesty.

Not so.

You might believe that End, but if you were being honest with Llewlyn  then you'd hold to the same standard with her as you do in any other thread.

That standard being your own words... everything is subjective.  

That standard applies to everything in your life no matter what thread you're posting in. 

Or, at least, it should - unless you're being a hypocrite and preaching one thing but practicing another...?

Now BAA is like a stalker. Is it too much to ask to let this lady have her thread without doing this shit. I have been accused a zillion times for derailing threads...but heck, it's ok if y'all do it. Quit already and grow the fuck up.

No.  

Not so.

You might believe that End, but if you were being honest with Llewlyn  then you'd hold to the same standard with her as you do in any other thread.

That standard applies to everything in your life no matter what thread you're posting in. 

Or, at least, it should - unless you're being a hypocrite and preaching one thing but practicing another...?

Now BAA is like a stalker. Is it too much to ask to let this lady have her thread without doing this shit. I have been accused a zillion times for derailing threads...but heck, it's ok if y'all do it. Quit already and grow the fuck up.

People can agree on subjective perceptions. Whose the hypocrite for derailing her thread.

No.  

30 pages?

What were you smoking?  

I never saw that and of course you won't be able to find it.

Come on End.  You can't be honest regarding religion because the honest answer would make you an ex-Christian.

No.  

Not so.

People can agree on subjective perceptions.

You can't do that.  For you EVERYTHING is subjective... remember?  

Which means that you have no objective way of knowing anyone else's subjective perception of anything.  

You can't agree to what you cannot know.  Saying otherwise is being hypocritical.

Whose the hypocrite for derailing her thread.

I would be a hypocrite if I were treating you in a different way to OrdinaryClay, Thumbelina or any other Christian.

Since I'm not, then I'm not a hypocrite.

But if you aren't applying the same standard across threads End - then THAT is hypocrisy!

This isn't rocket science, End.

You're sealed up in your own reality.  That's what EVERYTHING is subjective means.  It means you can't objectively know anything.  To say you can know anything other than your own subjectivity is therefore hypocrisy on your part.

That's the end, End.

No.  

Aw, such a Christ-like example to us reprobates.  Your lovely words are sure to entice us back into the fold.  

/sarcasm

• Like 1

Hey guys, let's please not include lengthy "Quotes" in our posts, as it just bulks up the thread and makes it less fun to read.  Thank you.

To be clear, I am not simply "taking it as it comes."  It is true that I am preparing myself for possibilities, but in doing so, I am trying to mitigate the risk.  Logically, a human has no reason to expect that he will feel comfortable in the home of an alien God with an alien value system.  Yahweh presents himself as the "opposite" of man.  Therefore, I do not think I am picking a hell of suffering, but a hell of comfort.  It is you who, having no reason, thinks that heaven is "good" just because Yahweh says so.  Yahweh also said that what he means by "good" is what we mean by "bad."  I'll resist the temptation to quote the bible verses in my original post.  It is the Christian going to heaven who can expect, based on reason, that he will throw himself into a maelstrom of crass ugliness (from our human perspective).  Be my guest.  I'm going to "the other place."  And no, it won't be miserable or hopeless.  I don't pick the place I expect to be most miserable.  And I don't choose misery for its own sake.  I'm no masochist.  But neither am I a coward, an idiot, or a china doll.  I may go to hell, because that is what I would count as "salvation" when we have a black hole occupying heaven.

roflbot (7)

• Super Moderator

Not really.  Since you took a firm stance in proclaiming that everything is subjective, there is no way of reading your posts (in whatever thread they appear) without knowing that you lack the ability of viewing things objectively.  Therefore, whenever you make positive claims, sweeping statements, or even voice an opinion, it is now a given for us that you are doing so without having put rational, objective thought behind your words.

Sorry, End3, but if everything is subjective, then everything is subjective.

• Like 1

Hey guys, let's please not include lengthy "Quotes" in our posts, as it just bulks up the thread and makes it less fun to read.  Thank you.

To be clear, I am not simply "taking it as it comes."  It is true that I am preparing myself for possibilities, but in doing so, I am trying to mitigate the risk.  Logically, a human has no reason to expect that he will feel comfortable in the home of an alien God with an alien value system.  Yahweh presents himself as the "opposite" of man.  Therefore, I do not think I am picking a hell of suffering, but a hell of comfort.  It is you who, having no reason, thinks that heaven is "good" just because Yahweh says so.  Yahweh also said that what he means by "good" is what we mean by "bad."  I'll resist the temptation to quote the bible verses in my original post.  It is the Christian going to heaven who can expect, based on reason, that he will throw himself into a maelstrom of crass ugliness (from our human perspective).  Be my guest.  I'm going to "the other place."  And no, it won't be miserable or hopeless.  I don't pick the place I expect to be most miserable.  And I don't choose misery for its own sake.  I'm no masochist.  But neither am I a coward, an idiot, or a china doll.  I may go to hell, because that is what I would count as "salvation" when we have a black hole occupying heaven.

Thx., that read more clearly for me.

As per the Prof's post End, you cannot know what is clear for you and what isn't.

That's because for you, everything is subjective.

Are you now less worried about my future welfare than you were before you learned about my tastes and preferences, hopes and expectations?  Would you wish to worry and also tell me that, as a reprobate in hell I, too, ought to "abandon hope" as I arrive?

_67579271_inferno-dore.jpg

Are you now less worried about my future welfare than you were before you learned about my tastes and preferences, hopes and expectations?  Would you wish to worry and also tell me that, as a reprobate in hell I, too, ought to "abandon hope" as I arrive?

It hasn't lessened my worry L. I can't really speak to hell. I don't know whether it real, and if it is, temporary, or permanent. My hopes are it's figurative for our bad times now. Although, I do hope there is an afterlife where we have more understanding.

It hasn't lessened my worry L. I can't really speak to hell. I don't know whether it real, and if it is, temporary, or permanent. My hopes are it's figurative for our bad times now. Although, I do hope there is an afterlife where we have more understanding.

End, the bible is very clear on this. Hell is permanent and for all eternity. 

I don't want you to worry about us being tortured for all eternity whilst you're supposed to be experiencing bliss in heaven. It might lessen the experience for you.

• Like 1

End, the bible is very clear on this. Hell is permanent and for all eternity. 

I don't want you to worry about us being tortured for all eternity whilst you're supposed to be experiencing bliss in heaven. It might lessen the experience for you.

Actually, I don't think it is cut an dry. I think there are words that translate to "an age", possibly alluding to a stint. Been a long time since I have looked...

Actually, I don't think it is cut an dry. I think there are words that translate to "an age", possibly alluding to a stint. Been a long time since I have looked...

Yeah, I also thought about looking it up and quoting it but I guess I don't have the interest.

Thanks for saying think and not that you know. The difference is huge.

• Like 1