Goodbye Jesus

A1 Sauce Mmmm M'ladies...dinner...is Served!

1AcceptingAThiest1

I can see a picture of Godzilla where is the picture of God?

That's the difference.

One where there ISNT a description at all of the NATURE not label

versus

One who has a description despite the subjective nature of it

So you are willing to keep an open mind that Harry Potter might be real and Hogwarts school of magic might be real.  We can't say they are not, right?

Your argument has failed.  It has no substance.

"Fictional is a label not a description of the actual being."

Absolutely wrong.  Fictional is a description of the very nature of imaginary things humans create.  Example: God

I went deeper

Fictional is a label not a description of the actual being.

Otherwise spider is not red and blue he is fictional

Superman isn't a man he is fictional

Godzilla isn't similar to a giant lizard he is fictional

That's a label. Not a description of nature of the being IN the fictional universe

I notice you are not answering my questions.

You want special treatment for (your) God.  (Your) God alone must be assumed to be true because . . . well just because.

You don't treat other deities this way.  You don't treat other fictional characters this way.  You can't explain why.

If Spiderman showed up and I could see him, I'd believe he was real, if he could do what the comic books said he could do.

If Biblegod ever showed up and did what the Bible said he would do, I'd believe he was real.

Neither one ever did, but Biblegod promised he would in his book. That's the difference, A1.

When someone ask you to desribe charlie brown. You will say he is fictional? And not a teenage boy?

If Spiderman showed up and I could see him, I'd believe he was real, if he could do what the comic books said he could do.

If Biblegod ever showed up and did what the Bible said he would do, I'd believe he was real.

Neither one ever did, but Biblegod promised he would in his book. That's the difference, A1.

Actually that's exactly why I believe because things in the bible have been proven true. Practical means and scientific

How do u explain when the bible knew something before scientists did?

Other Gods have not effected 2billion loves like the God of the bible has. Not appealing to population but an honest observation at hand

Actually that's exactly why I believe because things in the bible have been proven true. Practical means and scientific

Do you have examples?

if 10 different christians provide you with 10 different discriptions of God

How would you know which one is the real one?

Why should I assume one of them is "real"?
Thats the conundrum isnt? yall asked for a description with a pre condition to never accept one in the first place and then...you say God doesnt exist without a description you dont even know what you are denying, you dont even know what doesnt exist because you have no clue what it even is. Can't say something DOESNT exist if you dont even know what it is

You misrepresent.  You lie.

I did not say, "God doesn't exist without a description" (your words).  But your lie does set up your strawman fallacy quite nicely. 

• Like 1

Other Gods have not effected 2billion loves like the God of the bible has. Not appealing to population but an honest observation at hand

This theist is not using a argument from popularity, except when he is.

• Like 1

I'm heading to the chatroom to make an ass of myself.  I only bring this up because this kind of back and forth is what chatrooms are for. Join me, Saucy1, if you have nothing else to do.

Something in the Bible is true so, therefore, everything in the Bible is true.

This theist is full of shit.

• Like 2

Another Christian that thinks religious faith should be proved scientifically and that their religion is more loving than any other religion.  And I'm guessing will claim Christianity is not a religion.

Geez, haven't you guys ever been to school?  The mind is a terrible thing to waste.

And what's up with the steak sauce shit? lol Is that an attempt at humor? Fundamentalism kills creativity my friend.

When someone ask you to desribe charlie brown. You will say he is fictional? And not a teenage boy?

Usually I do not because I assume the one who asks is not delusional.  However if I thought they had trouble telling cartoon characters apart from reality then I would inform them.

This theist is full of shit.

Just another run-of-the-mill fundy.   Badly in need of education yet very proud of his ignorance.

You can point to no effect from God other than coincidence and the placebo effect.

And yes, if 2 billion people take a sugar pill when they believe it is something else there will be a positive yet slight change.  This change is the power of humans believing but it does not matter what they believe in.  The effect is from believing, not from having the right god.

• Like 1

Another Christian that thinks religious faith should be proved scientifically and that their religion is more loving than any other religion.  And I'm guessing will claim Christianity is not a religion.

Geez, haven't you guys ever been to school?  The mind is a terrible thing to waste.

And what's up with the steak sauce shit? lol Is that an attempt at humor? Fundamentalism kills creativity my friend.

Some of us dubbed him A1 sauce when he first arrived because it was easier than writing out his full username.

And.. what the hell are you talking about anyway?, seriously… please proofread and straighten out your argument/points first.. GAH!! It's like trying to read IKEA instructions transliterated from Malaysian to Russian and then to English by native speakers of none of these languages.

This should probably go in the boring thread, but I Google translated "Assemble shelf A to shelf B with 2 x screw A" into Malaysian then Russian then back to English and got "Installing racks AB 2 x screw A."   Hope this makes sense to steaksauce.

• Like 2

Some of us dubbed him A1 sauce when he first arrived because it was easier than writing out his full username.

Ahh I see. I'll just call him meathead.  I'd feel bad but if you're going to promote ignorance it shouldn't be that surprising.

If you honestly want to learn, perhaps if you feel a need to free yourself, we are hear for you, sauce.  As far as sharing some profound wisdom with us..., uh, give it up.  You sound stupid.  Just. Stahp.

Do you have examples?

Of course not.  Don't you know you are suppose to accept his claims on faith?  Besides you can't prove that he doesn't have examples because that would be a negative claim.  And since you can't prove he doesn't have examples you can't say he doesn't have them.  Therefore you must keep an open mind as if he does have examples.

It makes perfect sense in Bizaro Logic!   jesus.gif

This should probably go in the boring thread, but I Google translated "Assemble shelf A to shelf B with 2 x screw A" into Malaysian then Russian then back to English and got "Installing racks AB 2 x screw A."   Hope this makes sense to steaksauce.

At least the translation implies that rack-like objects are being installed.

The trouble with world religions is that the multiplicity of deities with conflicting rules calls them all into question.  As the saying goes, "they can't all be right, but they can all be wrong."

Perhaps we should cut to the chase and get the puzzled little IKEA man and his helpful friend to write us a scripture in pictographs.  We can all wear little Allen key necklaces and have a EuIKEA of meatballs and glögg.

• Like 2

Your number is correct, but you neglect to mention that Islam is sitting at 1.8 billion. Turns out the other gods aren't doing so bad themselves steaksauce.

post-21018-0-52923500-1418362083_thumb.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_religious_populations

edit to add: check out number three on the list sitting at 1.1 billion.

• Like 1

Do you have examples?

Of course not.  Don't you know you are suppose to accept his claims on faith?  Besides you can't prove that he doesn't have examples because that would be a negative claim.  And since you can't prove he doesn't have examples you can't say he doesn't have them.  Therefore you must keep an open mind as if he does have examples.

It makes perfect sense in Bizaro Logic!   jesus.gif

I'd be right there with you, MM, but I almost died tonight. Only Spiderman showed up tonight to save my life. You can read about it in a book written years ago. Some people doubt that book, but I'm here to say it's all true!  It happened to me!

I'd be right there with you, MM, but I almost died tonight. Only Spiderman showed up tonight to save my life. You can read about it in a book written years ago. Some people doubt that book, but I'm here to say it's all true!  It happened to me!

It happened to me too, and science proves it.  Or at least, if it hasn't already, I know it will eventually because I know it's true.

Science proves Spiderman. And He is all love, unlike Batman and all those other fake superhero dicks.

Have an open mind to Spiderman.