Goodbye Jesus

A1's Steak Of The Union Address

1AcceptingAThiest1

Of course. I did not say all atheist or exchristian were hurt my christians. Are the way they are for a single reason. There million reasons for why they changed. Where did I say that. In fact in this sane thread I listed multiple reasons why and the one you listed is one of them. And I already said our definitions of love are different. So yea I'm not here to predict anyone and I already said I Dont know you so I can't read anyone mind

Ok

So what I was getting at was, we've been there.  We remember that we thought we 'loved' people the way you're talking about.  But it's not love, the truth is it's actually the opposite.  It's harmful.  

It's up to you of course to listen, I mean we've been there so, it might be a good idea to listen to experience, just sayin. Or you can just ignore it, whatever.

I thanks for the advice. I have friends who are exchristians. And as mentioned before the definition of love doesn't mean the same I know. So there is an impasse and they told me as well what their Christian family or friends intended to do doesn't matter it only matter the harm or pain they cause regardless of their intentions. So yes definition of love is key people view it differently actions and all what they think is helping may not be. My atheist and ex christian family members keep my posted. But thanks for sharing I still learn a lot from you and people here as well. Somethings I cannot learn from them in real life but I can here online you are always teaching me Mikey how important it is not to assume :) most what I know comes directly from people who been there and told me I'm surrounded by all kinds of friends because I found a way to be friends because I try to listen to what their saying. I'm not perfect so I Dont always understand things at first but they help me if they see I'm making an honest effort to understand

A1, please address my question from post #27.

"If you are free of ulterior motives please tell me if you approve of me NOT believing in Jesus? Is it ok with you that I never give my heart to Jesus? You dont mind if I continually reject Jesus, right? You're just here to make friends and chill, correct? Not saving souls?"

No prob I understood you were not mocking me. You were just trying to get clarification. And I appreciate your consistency. Forgive me for my not so soon response. Was at a family event I just got back we did a Christmas gift exchange. I got a bluetooth boombox and some men cologne. You did all your holday shopping bud?

Hey thanks for the links by the way and i also have a friend with an atheist bible and I use godisimaginary.com to understand the otherside my atheist friends showed me these while back and many people christopher hitchens and richard dawkins Sam Harris and matt dilhaunty. And again I actually intend to be on the athiest experience. smile.png

So to answer your question as clear as I can feel free to ask any follow up questions for understanding or if i missed a point or if i still misread you. Thanks

So...

You are at a point.... where you have already made up your mind. So no I will not try or attempt to convert you. Further attempts after Knowingly and being fully aware you already made up your mind to continue would be futile and fruitless and void of all sauce. You would have to show a desire to change first before i make any effort and if that happens it wouldnt be HIDDEN i would openly tell you. So yes because your experiences in life have set you in a particular state of mind. Evidence or lack thereof or contradictions of the bible or disgust by those who practice it. Whatever the reason. You reached an unreturnable point (at the present moment at least because many atheist say they would change if x happens)unless I am wrong? Please correct me.....but that is why I prefer the friend route even if you Dont want to be my friend I'm simply saying its a better option than the former option. And 2nd again....I have learned more here than I have in my entire 20years of exposure to Christianity. I didn't become a Christian until few years ago. I lacked belief in God despite being taught in sunday school. I didn't listen in church lol in was always asleep on the pews with my legs all out taking up space. or playing yugioh on handheld systems or cards on the pew benches while preacher was preaching. I didn't listen to a single solitary word. I became Christian for different reasons mich lster in life. As a child it had zero effect on my. I changed because recenty activity. Not ant latent effect or teaching that was buried in the back of my mind. Because again. I never lostened.

My story..which I already spoke about in my beginning time here on this sote is on a other thread here. Which ...some received it well and some didn't. Oh well i can't changed what happened to me. In any case....if a friend tells me they Dont like steak I'm not going keep forcing it and I'm not going to secretly invite him to a steakhouse hoping he will change his mind.

Minds made up.(at that moment) can't do anything about it. So why try. I would just ask that person what he likes to eat and try to find a hobby or place to eat we agree on instead of doing something that will be void of any positive feedback.

Just see people as individuals. Humanity. People. Despite our differences and beliefs I'm sure theres ways to get along.

" You would have to show a desire to change first before i make any effort and if that happens it wouldnt be HIDDEN i would openly tell you. "  So you're here to recruit new Christians. Got it.

"Despite our differences and beliefs I'm sure theres ways to get along."  This is a web forum. It's not like I'm your brother-in-law or co-worker. :-) All we really do here is post messages and rant back and forth. 

I think it's a little bit more than "my mind is made up." I've been a slobbering obsessive compulsive idiot for Jesus. Christianity is a learned and institutionalized mental illness founded upon guilt, fear and shame. 

• Like 1

Your desire to change has to come from yourself not God not me not jesus. You cannot be forced into anything otherwise it is superficial fake and robotic.

Which a good chance may not happen unless the bible is unwritten or re written or evidence pops out of knowwhere that is accepted by the entire scientific community...until that happens I Dont see any reason why you would change but not saying you can't or will just possibly based on your criteria for judgeing reality and evidence it is unlikely

Why would I want to enslave my mind to the mental illness known as Christianity?

• Like 1

I didn't become a Christian until few years ago.

Then the magic spell has not yet run its course in you, sir. At some point you may become annoyed by having to keep your thoughts under control for fear of pissing off God. Was 10 years for me. 

• Like 1

I thanks for the advice. I have friends who are exchristians. And as mentioned before the definition of love doesn't mean the same I know. 

You cannot love people and be intolerant of their beliefs at the same time.  

Love is not concerned with whether a person is a Christian or an Atheist. : Love is higher than those things.  Love doesn't tell you that people need Jesus to go to heaven, or to believe in Jesus to be acceptable to God.  Love doesn't care if you believe in God or 5000 gods or zero gods.  

Love doesn't care about your religion, sexual preference or skin color. And love is not mysterious or some God or energy 'out there'.  It's not a force that magically possesses you.  It's not a religious story about a god sacrificing his life for humanity. That's one inspirational story, but there are many in the world.  And love certainly isn't part of the idea that everyone should believe that particular story, in fact that's quite the opposite of love.

• Like 3

Hmm this is interesting appreciate the perspective

• Like 1

I thanks for the advice. I have friends who are exchristians. And as mentioned before the definition of love doesn't mean the same I know.

Love is not concerned with whether a person is a Christian or an Atheist. : Love is higher than those things. Love doesn't tell you that people need Jesus to go to heaven, or to believe in Jesus to be acceptable to God. Love doesn't care if you believe in God or 5000 gods or zero gods.

Love doesn't care about your religion, sexual preference or skin color. And love is not mysterious or some God or energy 'out there'. It's not a force that magically possesses you. It's not a religious story about a god sacrificing his life for humanity. That's one inspirational story, but there are many in the world. And love certainly isn't part of the idea that everyone should believe that particular story, in fact that's quite the opposite of love.

Well said. Different definition of love. Love can be a noun or adjective so it can be attached to anything. Everyone has their own subjective opinion of what love is. Everyone has one. No single descriptions. I like yours :)

Love is not concerned with whether a person is a Christian or an Atheist. : Love is higher than those things. Love doesn't tell you that people need Jesus to go to heaven, or to believe in Jesus to be acceptable to God. Love doesn't care if you believe in God or 5000 gods or zero gods.

Love doesn't care about your religion, sexual preference or skin color. And love is not mysterious or some God or energy 'out there'. It's not a force that magically possesses you. It's not a religious story about a god sacrificing his life for humanity. That's one inspirational story, but there are many in the world. And love certainly isn't part of the idea that everyone should believe that particular story, in fact that's quite the opposite of love.

Well said. Different definition of love. Love can be a noun or adjective so it can be attached to anything. Everyone has their own subjective opinion of what love is. Everyone has one. No single descriptions. I like yours :)
Love is just one aspect of our nature and I can't see how it's the singular truth of all things, as christians say.

Correct everyone has a different definition. Some people love actual objects instead of people. One lady married the Eiffel tower

That's good :)