Goodbye Jesus

An Appeal For Justus

TheRedneckProfessor

• Super Moderator

Justus,

Would you please explain evolution to me as you understand it?  I would like to give you the opportunity to have the misconceptions and disinformation you have on the subject finally cleared up, once and for all.  There are a number of people in this forum, myself included, who actually understand the Theory of Evolution via Natural Selection, and who are willing to help you understand it as well.

So, please, explain evolution to me as best as you can and we can start finally resolving your misunderstanding of the subject.  We will patiently guide you into a complete and competent understanding of how Natural Selection actually works to drive the engine of evolution.  This is your chance, buddy; take it.

Sincerely,

TheRedneckProfessor

• Like 4

Well let's start from the beginning, with Abiogenesis?   Seems that as of yet there hasn't been any plausible theory found yet that can explain how non living matter turned into living matter in order for evolution to being with.  

If you can't establish a pluasible working theory to explain how it could have started, then there is no sense in speculating how it would work.  Unless you can have verifiable data that records such random mutation necessary for the theory of evolution then you all you would have would be  your hope without evidence. 

SWould you like to see a known process by which a  non-living organism can be molecularity manipulated into spontaneously emerging into a living organism?  

Abiogenesis refers to the beginning of life. Evolution applies to the diversification of species after life arose. They are not the same thing and should be considered separately. Seems simple enough to me. Why is this so difficult for some christians to grasp?

• Like 3

Yeah evolution is a left wing conspiracy.  Scientists are in kahoots with Satan.  

Did you know that Christian fundamentalism is actually evil as shit?  You cause damage in the world.  That's why no one likes you, you're fucking abusive.

Abiogenesis refers to the beginning of life. Evolution applies to the diversification of species after life arose. They are not the same thing and should be considered separately. Seems simple enough to me.

Why do you think I started by saying that until you establish a plausible working model that is valid which demonstrates how non-living matter could become a living organism.  That is Abiogenesis, got an answer?  At least be intellectually honest.  

Why is this so difficult for some christians to grasp

What is so hard for some ex-christians that understand that science is based in part upon 1 Thess 5:21.

It's not.  What is so hard for some ex-christians that understand that science is based in part upon 1 Thess 5:21.

If you keep acting stupid like you do, you should realize that your giving your religion a bad name and are responsible for real suffering of Christians.

Seriously, when you're a complete tool and treat people like shit, you're making people think that all Christianity is like that, and thats why it gets persecuted.  Real people in the world are suffering real pain because of complete dickheads like yourself.

• Like 1

Why do you think I started by saying that until you establish a plausible working model that is valid which demonstrates how non-living matter could become a living organism.  

Because you are deceiving yourself.

Evolution has nothing to do with abiogenesis.

What is so hard for some ex-christians that understand that science is based in part upon 1 Thess 5:21.

Because that is not true.  Only a delusional person would think they understand what is not true.

...and round and round we go.

He's not open-minded… at all. You are wasting your breath, Professor.

We DO test all things, that's called science, but it does not mean that science COMES from the Bible… sheesh.

• Like 1

It's not.  What is so hard for some ex-christians that understand that science is based in part upon 1 Thess 5:21.

If you keep acting stupid like you do, you should realize that your giving your religion a bad name and are responsible for real suffering of Christians.

Seriously, when you're a complete tool and treat people like shit, you're making people think that all Christianity is like that, and thats why it gets persecuted.  Real people in the world are suffering real pain because of complete dickheads like yourself.

I have don't said a number of times I don't subscribe to the Christian doctrine.  

Can't answer the question regarding Abiogenesis, you know where the non-living matter turns into a living organism, fine.

I have don't said a number of times I don't subscribe to the Christian doctrine.

You don't believe in Christ?  Say "I reject Christ forever and fuck the Holy Spirit."  If you can say that I will believe you are not a Christian.

...and round and round we go.

He's not open-minded… at all. You are wasting your breath, Professor.

We DO test all things, that's called science, but it does not mean that science COMES from the Bible… sheesh.

So present you evidence.   

Can't answer the question regarding Abiogenesis, you know where the non-living matter turns into a living organism, fine.

But I suppose your faith (which is a blind guess) does provide answers?

We do not have a working theory on abiogenesis at this time.  Scientists are working on it and I'm sure they will get the answer someday but the breakthrough might be a long way off.  None of this changes the fact that we have an excellent explanation for how evolution works in biology.  It's incredibly useful which is how we know it is true.

If you are not Christian then what would you call your religion?

You don't believe in Christ?  Say "I reject Christ forever and fuck the Holy Spirit."  If you can say that I will believe you are not a Christian.

Since you can't see me or hear my voice then I cannot possibly exist, and even if I did you then would you believe me.

Since you can't see me or hear my voice then I cannot possibly exist, and even if I did you then would you believe me.

I assume you're referring to belief in your religion.  You're saying I don't believe in you religion because I can't see it, and even if I did see it I wouldn't believe it.  

You might want to study comparative religion. Just because someone doesn't believe your particular religion doesn't mean they're wrong or 'evil' like you want to believe.  This is what makes you so abusive and harmful to the world.

"So present YOUR evidence." There, fixed it for you!  :D

It isn't my evidence… but where would you like to start? Phylogeny? Biology? Genetics? Fossil record? Geology? The decay of radioactive isotopes? Ring species? Influenza vaccines? Beans? Dogs? Horses? Fruit Flies? Comparative Embryology?

I'm game, pick a field.

We do not have a working theory on abiogenesis at this time.  Scientists are working on it and I'm sure they will get the answer someday but the breakthrough might be a long way off.  None of this changes the fact that we have an excellent explanation for how evolution works in biology.  It's incredibly useful which is how we know it is true.

Thank you.  Personally I don't have a problem with science considering, examining and searching all things for the truth, sometimes science looking for this stumbles on that, and that might be more important.

My opinion.  But as far as organized faith, the Declaration and U.S. Constitution.

Guest Furball

Actually i am new to evolution, I really would like you professor to help me understand it from like a beginners course. That is if you don't mind educating me, i really am thirsty for knowledge about this. Thank you for your consideration. 

My opinion.  But as far as organized faith, the Declaration and U.S. Constitution.

This isn't the first time you have evaded that question.  If you won't tell us about your religion then don't complain if we don't understand your religion.  You won't tell us.

Clearly you've got more woo than a steam locomotive.

"So present YOUR evidence." There, fixed it for you!  biggrin.png

It isn't my evidence… but where would you like to start? Phylogeny? Biology? Genetics? Fossil record? Geology? The decay of radioactive isotopes? Ring species? Influenza vaccines? Beans? Dogs? Horses? Fruit Flies? Comparative Embryology?

I'm game, pick a field.

What happen to the photon when sound waves move over the light does, the photon expand and being to shine? 

There's nothing about Jesus in those.  Christianity is the main religion of the US. It's not a coincidence that you are a Christian.  If you were from a Buddhist country, chances are you would be a Buddhist. It wouldn't be big surprise to be a Buddhist if you live in a Buddhist country.

Thank you.  Personally I don't have a problem with science considering, examining and searching all things for the truth, sometimes science looking for this stumbles on that, and that might be more important.

Are you saying that your faith is based on a declaration of war and a set of man-made laws?  If I'm misunderstanding something here, please let me know.

I'll start, but the professor probably knows a lot more than I do.  :D

An introduction to evolution

The definition

Biological evolution, simply put, is descent with modification. This definition encompasses small-scale evolution (changes in gene frequency in a population from one generation to the next) and large-scale evolution (the descent of different species from a common ancestor over many generations). Evolution helps us to understand the history of life.

The explanation

Biological evolution is not simply a matter of change over time. Lots of things change over time: trees lose their leaves, mountain ranges rise and erode, but they aren't examples of biological evolution because they don't involve descent through genetic inheritance.

The central idea of biological evolution is that all life on Earth shares a common ancestor, just as you and your cousins share a common grandmother.

Through the process of descent with modification, the common ancestor of life on Earth gave rise to the fantastic diversity that we see documented in the fossil record and around us today. Evolution means that we're all distant cousins: humans and oak trees, hummingbirds and whales.

Source: http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evolibrary/article/evo_01

• Like 2

I'm game, pick a field.

What happen to the photon when sound waves move over the light does, the photon expand and being to shine? 

Please rephrase that in English. Kai thx!

Wait… sound waves over photons? What r u smoking' bro? Are you referring to nonpropagating excitation? (doubtful but ..)

Sound is a wave.. photons are particles of light. Photons can exist in a vacuum, sound can not.  We have a physicist... I'll let him answer physics questions. And that's physics, not evolution… stay on topic.

I'm game, pick a field.

When we say something "shines" that means it is giving of electromagnetic radiation in the form of photons whose wavelength happens to fall within the range of visible light.  It interacts with the nerves in your eye and is then interpreted by your brain.  Your understanding of what a photon is and how it behaves is fractally wrong.

Guest Furball

I'll start, but the professor probably knows a lot more than I do.  biggrin.png

An introduction to evolution

The definition

Biological evolution, simply put, is descent with modification. This definition encompasses small-scale evolution (changes in gene frequency in a population from one generation to the next) and large-scale evolution (the descent of different species from a common ancestor over many generations). Evolution helps us to understand the history of life.

The explanation

Biological evolution is not simply a matter of change over time. Lots of things change over time: trees lose their leaves, mountain ranges rise and erode, but they aren't examples of biological evolution because they don't involve descent through genetic inheritance.

The central idea of biological evolution is that all life on Earth shares a common ancestor, just as you and your cousins share a common grandmother.

Through the process of descent with modification, the common ancestor of life on Earth gave rise to the fantastic diversity that we see documented in the fossil record and around us today. Evolution means that we're all distant cousins: humans and oak trees, hummingbirds and whales.

Source: http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evolibrary/article/evo_01

Thank you ravenstar for going to the trouble to post this. It really helps. _peace