Goodbye Jesus

Thanking God

chrisassaf

Chris, do you intend to respond to respond to any post I make?  Please let me know...or don't, I suppose, and I won't waste my time posting in your threads again.

If god heals as was claimed in the bible, why was it necessary to create medical science? Why would god "use" doctors if he actually ever did heal people directly. Why did he make it unclear whether he was involved in healing? So people would have to guess if he was involved? Did he want to make health care providers rich and the sick poor by the cost modern medicine, without his providing health care miraculously, at least to the poorest of the poor as claimed in the bible? Is the task too  big for him? Why do Xtians need medicine if god really heals.. Why does god not provide adequate medical for the abject poor, as in India and Africa? It's because he doesn't heal and never did. The questions are innumerable as to god's failure to make a difference on earth, if he were real.  Rip

• Like 1

@Mymistake, would a Christian go online posting as an atheist?

Please answer the question about: what did god do to those who died on the operating tables? This is the third time I am asking. You have been ignoring questions like this all along. 

I was wondering, if an atheist knows of a Christian that thanks God for recovering from a sickness instead of the doctor, that atheist will be pissed.

But, the thing is, the Christian thanks both God AND the doctor.

Also, what would your counter-argument be to someone who told you that God was working through the doctor or that God sent the doctor there, etc?

And when the patient dies? It was God's will

And when the patient lives? God sent the doctor

Anything at all? God

Do you see the problem with your reasoning? You presuppose that the cause of everything is God. Why God? Because God. It's circular reasoning that doesn't go anywhere, and is not an explanation.

Hi Chris,

I just read the posts of a few atheists.

At first it kinda sounded like you were trying to show that all atheists are assholes--but your point all along was to prove that some atheists are assholes? I thought that was already obvious, but good for you for pointing that out.

However, if you were trying to show that all atheists are uncaring and hateful, you're going to need to gather a little more evidence. Imagine if I judged all Christians based on a sign I read at a Westboro Baptist Church protest.

• Super Moderator

Would you think it fair of me to conclude that you are a supremely arrogant, bigoted, naive, willfully ignorant, narrow-minded, idiot based upon the works of Ken Ham, Ray Comfort, and Kent Hovind?

No?

Then don't be a damn hypocrite, son.

• Like 4

Would you think it fair of me to conclude that you are a supremely arrogant, bigoted, naive, willfully ignorant, narrow-minded, idiot based upon the works of Ken Ham, Ray Comfort, and Kent Hovind?

No?

Then don't be a damn hypocrite, son.

Tell it like it is, Professor!

I would fall out of my chair in shock if Chris were to address the issue of all the people who die under the protection of Jesus. 

Hi Chris,

At first it kinda sounded like you were trying to show that all atheists are assholes--but your point all along was to prove that some atheists are assholes? I thought that was already obvious, but good for you for pointing that out.

However, if you were trying to show that all atheists are uncaring and hateful, you're going to need to gather a little more evidence. Imagine if I judged all Christians based on a sign I read at a Westboro Baptist Church protest.

All he showed is that some random Internet troll (possibly himself) who claimed to be an atheist said something nasty.

• Like 1

I was wondering, if an atheist knows of a Christian that thanks God for recovering from a sickness instead of the doctor, that atheist will be pissed.

Also, what would your counter-argument be to someone who told you that God was working through the doctor or that God sent the doctor there, etc?

95f.jpg

Guest Furball

"Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense." -- Chapman Cohen

there's no god to hear you thank him

Guest Furball

95f.jpg

Give-cancer.jpg

chrisassaf: Do you ever tire of your efforts in twisting the meaning and interpretation of things to try to make them fit with your favorite myth? "There are more things in heaven and earth than are known by your philosophy, Horatio"  Rip

I read this in Anthony de mello's book:

Goldberg had the loveliest garden in town and each time the Rabbi passed by he would call out to Goldberg, “Your garden is a thing of beauty. The Lord and you are partners!”

“Thank you. Rabbi,” Goldberg would respond with a bow.

This went on for days and weeks and months. At least twice a day the Rabbi, on his way to and from the synagogue would call out, “The Lord and you are partners!” until Goldberg began to be annoyed at what the Rabbi evidently meant as a compliment.

So the next time the Rabbi said, “The Lord and you are partners,”

Goldberg replied, “That may be true. But you should have seen this garden when the Lord had it all on his own!”

laugh.png

• Like 3

Goldberg had the loveliest garden in town and each time the Rabbi passed by he would call out to Goldberg, “Your garden is a thing of beauty. The Lord and you are partners!”

This went on for days and weeks and months. At least twice a day the Rabbi, on his way to and from the synagogue would call out, “The Lord and you are partners!” until Goldberg began to be annoyed at what the Rabbi evidently meant as a compliment.

Goldberg replied, “That may be true. But you should have seen this garden when the Lord had it all on his own!”

laugh.png

I love Anthony de Mello too! I read 3 of his books already and I can't help feeling he was a secret agnostic.

Do you know the previous Pope Ratzinger didn't like de Mello's works?

laugh.png

I love Anthony de Mello too! I read 3 of his books already and I can't help feeling he was a secret agnostic.

his books have never been approved by catholic church

I guess it is too progressive beyond the catholic church comprehension laugh.png

• Like 1

laugh.png

his books have never been approved by catholic church

I guess it is too progressive beyond the catholic church comprehension laugh.png

I can't help but thinking he was criticizing the RCC or christianity or religions in general when he said this:

The master made it his task to systematically destroy every doctrine, every belief, every concept of the divine, for these things, which were originally intended as pointers, were now taken as descriptions.

He loved to quote the Eastern saying: "When the sage points at the moon, all that the idiot sees is the finger."

The OP has disappeared.  Typical.

The OP has disappeared.  Typical.

Don't worry, he will show up again some time around June or maybe July.

Busy guy.