Goodbye Jesus

Did Jesus Sin?

SkepticOfBible

the Bible said that Jesus was the SON of God, NOT God.

:)Hi Jrmarlin! I know this wasn't directed to me, yet I'd like to comment. The scriptures say that we ALL are children of God... perhaps a metaphor in that we ALL are the creation of God here on earth. That was a phenomenal statement for those times. People use to use a new quill just to write the name God, and then threw the quill away! :rolleyes:

Jesus did claim to be God.

I think it says that Jesus, who thought it not robbery to be equal to God. He said that he and the father were one. It also says that we too are gods. Maybe this was the first assimilance to the Atheist movement, bringing an empowerment through accountability and responsibility from within one's self? Just a thought....

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SkepticOfBible

• Amanda

• Lycorth

• Japedo

the Bible said that Jesus was the SON of God, NOT God.

:)Hi Jrmarlin! I know this wasn't directed to me, yet I'd like to comment. The scriptures say that we ALL are children of God... perhaps a metaphor in that we ALL are the creation of God here on earth. That was a phenomenal statement for those times. People use to use a new quill just to write the name God, and then threw the quill away! :rolleyes:

Jesus did claim to be God.

I think it says that Jesus, who thought it not robbery to be equal to God. He said that he and the father were one. It also says that we too are gods. Maybe this was the first assimilance to the Atheist movement, bringing an empowerment through accountability and responsibility from within one's self? Just a thought....

If Xianity really taught that we are all of God then the concept of 'sin' would have never begun. Neither would the term 'seeking forgiveness from God.'

To follow this to the end of the winding path, this undercuts and underminds everything Xtianity teaches its followers!

Forgiveness comes from within. Sin is far too subjective to have hard-fast rules and be named a universal truth. :dance:

If Xianity really taught that we are all of God then the concept of 'sin' would have never begun. Neither would the term 'seeking forgiveness from God.'

:)Jrmarlin, the first presupposition I disagree with you is that Xianity supports the teachings of Christ. I'd say they're about as opposite as you can get. :ugh:

IMO, the 'concept' of sin came with the awareness of good and evil, giving the ability to judge. Without that realization or use to judge... there could not be sin. Only one sin supposedly brings death, and IMO it is judging unto condemnation. Putting ourself down or someone else is killing the vitality to live life. The allegory of Eve is that she was tricked by the cunning nature of the lie and confusion when she had the thought that if she knew good and evil she would be like God. The forbidden fruit is that she didn't know she was god already. People who don't feel like they're good enough, condemning self, tend to fall. Knowing that we are ALL in the likeness and image of God, gives a new vitality to life. We too are gods, God being the higher nature of ourself, self actualization, self in Spiritual Truth. It is this higher awareness inside that forgives through grace, understanding that EVERYONE is just doing their best and all we can expect from all of us is our best. This eliminates condemnation. It does NOT mean we condone or excuse the behavior, we just understand and let it go. Accountability and responsibility must still remain.

Forgiveness comes from within. Sin is far too subjective to have hard-fast rules and be named a universal truth. :dance:

Absolutely! :)