Goodbye Jesus

The Wife Now Has Ovarian Cancer

Leo

It's a Casio something or other. I can't remember the model number.

External speakers. I'll check the button options for sounds when I get home.

I do have a sustain pedal for it. I won't be playing it any time soon. I bought it to learn on and then got back into playing guitar/bass instead.

But, I am in Canada and shipping can be an annoyance so probably best to wait a few days and see if someone closer to you has something.

I'm so sorry...that's really tough. Until recently, I would have said "I'll be praying for you." Now I'll just say, I am thinking of you and hoping that everything goes well and that they are able to remove the cancerous tissue. Modern medicine is amazing, and there is hope that they will be able to remove the cancer and she will be fine.

So we just heard wonderful news at the oncologist today, apparently She does not have ovarian cancer, but has instead a large fluid-filled tumor on one side which needs to be removed, and they'll do a full hysterectomy at that time just to be safe, but with modern techniques now, even that isn't what it used to be. He gave us a 0.08 percent chance of Her having cancer, but of course once they do surgery, they can test a sample of what they took.

We are one very grateful family at the moment, and grateful to you all for the words of encouragement and your thoughts.

• Like 5

What a relief! Congrats, and hope her recovery from surgery is quick and straightforward.

Oh Leo. I'm so happy for you. May you continue to get great news.

Jeff

I am so, so happy to hear this news. All the best to you and your family. :)

Such great news, what a relief.

Yay! :)

• Super Moderator

What great news!  You both must be so relieved!  Here's to a speedy recovery on her upcoming surgery!  beer.gif

• Super Moderator

Praise His Noodliness for answered prayer!!! Glad I could help.

Oh Leo, I am sorry you are going through this. Thank you for all the updates. I hope things are looking up and go well.

There is a flurry of praying for your wife and her needs, but obviously here we are concerned about you too. I cared for my cancer-stricken brother a lot last summer, so I know the toll it can take on your own energy levels (and in my case, my work situation, since he lived two states away).

If you have the guts, you could challenge the "praying for you" types in your immediate real life to actually DO something. Send your wife a card or flowers, bring you a lasagna you can eat now or freeze for more hectic days, order a pizza and have it delivered to you, donate to your GoFundMe (if you go that route), mow your lawn, anything. When I was out of town with my brother for a three-week stint, some friends back home had my husband and daughter over for dinner and swimming in their pool. We did not "need" this -- we have a pool, and my husband is the main cook in our house anyway... but that was not the point, was it? Just getting them to a change of scenery, talking about other things, feeling like someone noticed that our lives were upside down... that was the gold.

Another friend of mine (and former work colleague) helped with my work when I was in a pinch and out of town: something needed printed, trimmed out for presentation, and delivered to a client. I could do all the computer work where I was -- so I sent the finished files to a graphics service back home, and this friend picked up the print-outs, finished the work, and delivered to the client for me. I was so relieved, I sometimes still cry thinking about how much it meant to me. (Several years ago when I was physically working in a small office with this guy, and I was a devoted Christian, I used to refer to him affectionately as "the dreaded atheist." Ha ha! Now I know -- atheists are the best!)

Be warned that the "praying for you" types don't often lift a finger. My four most memorable and helpful moments were all provided by non-Christians. Darn it -- I'm not trying to set you up for disappointment, I swear! I'm just saying... you deserve a little real-life support, no matter how small or insignificant it may seem at the time to you or the giver. That stuff matters. Your sanity and emotional peace matters. Have the guts to at least ask. You may be surprised.

Even when I was a Christian, I detested the "praying for you" bullshit. I always told people -- and meant it and followed through when opportunity arose -- "I'll do anything you need, even if it's weird." That always makes people smile.

You are several thousand miles away from me, Leo, so I can't help with driving or mowing your lawn. But if there is anything you think I can do remotely, please speak up. I, and many others here, would like to offer even the tiniest bit of support and relief. Even if it's weird.

Peace, brother.

Such great news, Leo. I am so happy for all of you affected by this.

Good news.  I hope the remote chance of cancer proves to be entirely theoretical.