Goodbye Jesus

The Flesh And The Spirit

Guest end3

• Super Moderator

End, Baby, I wish you could just feel better. If clinging to religious beliefs helps, then I say go for it. Probably safer than drugs. Probably.

End, Baby, I wish you could just feel better. If clinging to religious beliefs helps, then I say go for it. Probably safer than drugs. Probably.

I'm good C, low stress these days. I appreciate the sentiment.

Dang S, I thought we were getting close to communicating a few days ago, but it appears you have turned sour.

Did you ever think(you probably didn't), that even if we knew our entire reality, that we still couldn't determine that our reality was not created.....unless you can shit me out a universe... Granted you probably could because your asshole is likely reminiscent of a rubber band dried in the sunshine. Just fuckin with you...pun intended. Now go do something lawyerish...

I call it as I see it.  Your brain has serious chemical imbalances.  Not your fault, just your responsibility, which you fail to acknowledge and upon which you fail to take meaningful action.  

Keep herding your sky fairies into those gaps.  That's all you have left.  But it makes you feel good.

Dang S, I thought we were getting close to communicating a few days ago, but it appears you have turned sour.

Did you ever think(you probably didn't), that even if we knew our entire reality, that we still couldn't determine that our reality was not created.....unless you can shit me out a universe... Granted you probably could because your asshole is likely reminiscent of a rubber band dried in the sunshine. Just fuckin with you...pun intended. Now go do something lawyerish...

I call it as I see it.  Your brain has serious chemical imbalances.  Not your fault, just your responsibility, which you fail to acknowledge and upon which you fail to take meaningful action.  

Keep herding your sky fairies into those gaps.  That's all you have left.  But it makes you feel good.

I've tried meds, I've tried very expensive vitamins. How is this not acknowledging? Didn't work. Now what captain.

I've tried meds, I've tried very expensive vitamins. How is this not acknowledging? Didn't work. Now what captain.

Solve your oppositional definance.  Find other meds, or treatment.  Quit whining.

Solve your oppositional definance.  Find other meds, or treatment.  Quit whining.

From the Mayo site:

There's no known clear cause of oppositional defiant disorder. Contributing causes may be a combination of inherited and environmental factors, including:

•Genetics — a child's natural disposition or temperament and possibly neurobiological differences in the way nerves and the brain function

•Environment — problems with parenting that may involve a lack of supervision, inconsistent or harsh discipline, or abuse or neglect

Yeah, science has this down to one pill I can take that simultaneously makes you an impotent zombie. Yea science. Oh crap, that was whining. I'd rather spend my money on visiting my children to cure the aforementioned generational sin. I like that part of science much better.....the part that appears to match what the Bible says that you won't acknowledge.

and why do I not get a free pass like gay people? Where's the love?

From the Mayo site:

There's no known clear cause of oppositional defiant disorder. Contributing causes may be a combination of inherited and environmental factors, including:

•Genetics — a child's natural disposition or temperament and possibly neurobiological differences in the way nerves and the brain function

•Environment — problems with parenting that may involve a lack of supervision, inconsistent or harsh discipline, or abuse or neglect

Yeah, science has this down to one pill I can take that simultaneously makes you an impotent zombie. Yea science. Oh crap, that was whining. I'd rather spend my money on visiting my children to cure the aforementioned generational sin. I like that part of science much better.....the part that appears to match what the Bible says that you won't acknowledge.

and why do I not get a free pass like gay people? Where's the love?

Your post demonstrates a lack of personal responsibility for your condition, which, not surprisingly, is one of the symptoms of your condition.

Your post demonstrates a lack of personal responsibility for your condition, which, not surprisingly, is one of the symptoms of your condition.

Must have been some pretty inept doctors and therapists not to recognize ODD over the years. To tired to make an effort at arguing with you...gay rights vs. ODD rights or changing the pattern with my children to change the genetics. I'll look into it.

Print out the last 250 posts you have made on this forum and have a (secular) psychiatrist read them.

• Super Moderator

End3,

Every time science makes some new discovery about life, the universe, and everything, it affects the gaps.  Every new scientific discovery makes some already small gap out there somewhere even smaller.  If your god is the god of the gaps, then, by proxy, he gets smaller every time science ensmallenates a gap.

How small can your god get and still be considered a god?

Thanks,

TRP

Just so we're clear on our definitions:

Ensmallenate: (en-SMALL-uhn-ate) verb.  To make smaller

"You can ensmallenate your computer's screen by clicking the _ icon in the upper right hand corner"

etimology--from the old redneckenese "uhnsmallun"

antonyms: embiggen, inbigorate

Nice job on the def.

To answer your question.....let's suppose we get to a near miraculous point of accounting for ever subatomic particle being pushed and pulled and reacted in our daily walk to the mailbox. With that level of accountability, we still wouldn't come close to predicting the results of our actions very far in front of us....in my opinion. So from my perspective, I think we have a long while before God approaches zero.

Does it not bother you that a supposedly infinite god is even capable of approaching zero?  Ergo, he is not, in fact, infinite?  Or, will his infinity become complete when he reaches zero and becomes infinite nothingness?  Which is nothing more than a round-about way of saying he will infinitely cease to exist, if he ever did exist in the first place.

• Super Moderator

From a microbiological perspective, universes are shatten out every time a shit is taken.  It's all a matter of (subjective) perspective.

From a microbiological perspective, universes are shatten out every time a shit is taken.  It's all a matter of (subjective) perspective.

Right....you will notice that people search/look at the infinite and the minute for understanding. I think it's more than a coincidence that God is the "alpha and omega". So yeah, it's perspective.

• Super Moderator

Well, "alpha and omega" mean "first" and "last" respectively, not "big" and "small".  Is this (yet another) incorrect translation between the original Greek and modern English, that apologists are so very fond of?

• Like 1

Well, "alpha and omega" mean "first" and "last" respectively, not "big" and "small".  Is this (yet another) incorrect translation between the original Greek and modern English, that apologists are so very fond of?

You know, as a Christian I believed the bible was perfect, any imperfections was generally translation error. Or so I told myself. But I remember I always had a gnawing question that I had to shove to the back of my mind to ignore: why the hell did god allow translation errors in the first place? Considering the absolute importance of the bible in god's supposed revelation to us, you would think that the mighty powerful holy spirit would prevent the translators from committing translation error. 

So now, when apologists trot out the worn "translation error", I bring that question to bare. And of course, they offer no real answer other than "blah blah free will" or "blah blah mysterious ways".

You know, as a Christian I believed the bible was perfect, any imperfections was generally translation error. Or so I told myself. But I remember I always had a gnawing question that I had to shove to the back of my mind to ignore: why the hell did god allow translation errors in the first place? Considering the absolute importance of the bible in god's supposed revelation to us, you would think that the mighty powerful holy spirit would prevent the translators from committing translation error. 

So now, when apologists trot out the worn "translation error", I bring that question to bare. And of course, they offer no real answer other than "blah blah free will" or "blah blah mysterious ways".

Bart Erhman's Misquoting Jesus is an excellent book which discusses and documents Biblical transcription mistakes and language translation errors as well as intentionally modified, added and removed text in the Bible.

• Super Moderator

Does it not bother you that a supposedly infinite god is even capable of approaching zero?  Ergo, he is not, in fact, infinite?  Or, will his infinity become complete when he reaches zero and becomes infinite nothingness?  Which is nothing more than a round-about way of saying he will infinitely cease to exist, if he ever did exist in the first place.

Whenever you get around to it, End3.

Sorry about this End, but something important has come up and I won't be back here till the middle of next week.

Can I please request that you and I pick this up again exactly from this point (posts # 56 & 57) for the sake of continuity?

Gotta go now.

Thanks,

BAA.

Ok End,

I'm back.

But given the way this thread's evolved in my absence, I think it best that we don't pick up our dialog where we left it off.

I now have to digest the news about that O.D.D. diagnosis and consider what this means for any future dialog we might have.

Thanks,

BAA.

No, not at all....because I think that is the point is it not? It's a test of faith. I expect you to find that a bs answer, but as I have speculated before, it pretty adequately separates.

Sorry about this End, but something important has come up and I won't be back here till the middle of next week.

Can I please request that you and I pick this up again exactly from this point (posts # 56 & 57) for the sake of continuity?

Gotta go now.

Thanks,

BAA.

Ok End,

I'm back.

But given the way this thread's evolved in my absence, I think it best that we don't pick up our dialog where we left it off.

I now have to digest the news about that O.D.D. diagnosis and consider what this means for any future dialog we might have.

Thanks,

BAA.

Interestingly, that ODD description fits me very well. Have always never agreed with employers over the years....teachers, etc. Read where the meds for adults are adhd meds. At my age, it's more healing to just understand these behaviors were more out of my control than within. It's interesting how just knowing I have those tendencies allows me grace for myself to do something different. Not using it as an excuse, but also not so disappointed in myself for not doing better.

Thanks S for bringing it to my attention.....had never heard of ODD.

Gotta go now.

Thanks,

BAA.

Ok End,

I'm back.

Thanks,

BAA.

Interestingly, that ODD description fits me very well. Have always never agreed with employers over the years....teachers, etc. Read where the meds for adults are adhd meds. At my age, it's more healing to just understand these behaviors were more out of my control than within. It's interesting how just knowing I have those tendencies allows me grace for myself to do something different. Not using it as an excuse, but also not so disappointed in myself for not doing better.

FYI, ODD is a disorder primarily diagnosed in Children and Adolescents. I am unaware of an adult diagnosis. Its likely that if you are experiencing ODD symptoms, that you probably have a diagnosis of some other type that would better explain why your behavior is what it is.

• Super Moderator

No, not at all....because I think that is the point is it not? It's a test of faith. I expect you to find that a bs answer, but as I have speculated before, it pretty adequately separates.

Are you saying you'd have faith in god even if he doesn't exist?

Are you saying you'd have faith in god even if he doesn't exist?

No, I'm saying that in light of the stories presented regarding God's attempts at allowing humanity to "see", I think the methodology in place is this: "You wouldn't listen before so I'm stepping out of the belief room for a bit and see who's still here when I return". It appears very similar to when Moses returned to find everyone having the idol party. Multiple stories and types about arks and deliverance. The ark this time is faith in Christ...

Gotta go now.

Thanks,

BAA.

Ok End,

I'm back.

Thanks,

BAA.

FYI, ODD is a disorder primarily diagnosed in Children and Adolescents. I am unaware of an adult diagnosis. Its likely that if you are experiencing ODD symptoms, that you probably have a diagnosis of some other type that would better explain why your behavior is what it is.

http://www.mentalhealth.com/home/dx/oppositionaldefiant.html

According to this site, ODD in children and adolescents can become Conduct Disorder in adults.

So many of these boxes are ticked by End's conduct in this forum.

(No offense meant End.  Just making an observation.)

Thanks,

BAA.

According to this site, ODD in children and adolescents can become Conduct Disorder in adults.

Thanks,

BAA.

Yeah, I don't think they tend to extend it to adults....but I guess the question is, if you essentially have that as a child....don't just see it stopping as an adult. Like ta-da, you're healed. Maybe they just expect a person to understand after awhile.

• Super Moderator

Thanks,

BAA.

Yeah, I don't think they tend to extend it to adults....but I guess the question is, if you essentially have that as a child....don't just see it stopping as an adult. Like ta-da, you're healed. Maybe they just expect a person to understand after awhile.

Isaiah 53:5