Goodbye Jesus

Black Lives Matter Protesters Chain Themselves To Road Near Heathrow Sparking Travel Chaos For Holidaymakers

Fweethawt

Vigile: Have you watched what they do? Have you paid any attention to anything anyone has said so far? They try to control people. Guess I'm going to repeat myself again: they demanded a moment of silence for Michael Brown at a Bernie rally, told people at Pride to follow their demands or BLM would keep holding up the parade, they stop everyone in their tracks so they can protest, took over Milo Yiannopoulos's gig at DePaul University. Their stated objective is equality and fair treatment for black people, but their actions say differently.

• Like 2

I think it is generally relatively easy to identify people, regardless of their race, that it might be wise to avoid. They tend to dress & decorate themselves in ways that identify their anti social status.

• Like 1

I was a teenager when MLK was leading protest. Those that think those demonstrations weren't violent need to read & study real history not the PC version. Granted it was Whites that were initiating much of the violence until the riots began.

Massive social change has never been accomplished without violence. People do not like change especially change on a massive social level. PC has created a lot of seething anger & resentment. It is only a matter of time until this resentment & anger reaches critical mass. When it eventually explodes there will likely be large scale violence. This kind of violence is often trigger by some seemingly small irrelevant incident that ignites a spark that ignites an explosion.

America is undergoing a lot of social change & a lot of folks are not happy about that. Donald Trump is evidence of that backlash.

Bhim: No new law is needed here. In fact, many of the officers in prominent cases of deaths of black men have been exonerated, even in the Baltimore case where some of the accused were also black.

I think more often than not cops get exonerated because other cops do the investigation. I hear about the "thin blue line" of police brotherhood all the time then see in the news where a neighboring police agency does an investigation of it's sister agency. Kinda lame.  

Regarding civil disobedience when peaceful assembly fails... I'm all for it, unless of course it causes major harm to me and mine then I'll be hating on those dirty rotten lawbreakers. :)))))

Civil disobedience is peacefully disobeying laws. Blocking traffic may be technically peaceful in the strict sense of the word, but as has already been pointed out, it endangers people by delaying their getting medical treatment or making it to work on time.

Civil disobedience is peacefully disobeying laws. Blocking traffic may be technically peaceful in the strict sense of the word, but as has already been pointed out, it endangers people by delaying their getting medical treatment or making it to work on time.

But since they're not white, that makes it all okay. I mean -- exactly what part of the defense of these "protests" are you not getting?

Fwee: I realize the double standard, but I hope if people point it out enough that others will understand what it is. It may not be conscious in all of BLM's supporters.

What law is BLM protesting? 

http://www.filmsforaction.org/watch/the-problem-with-saying-all-lives-matter/

If you can't figure it out from this, then you won't ever figure it out. This is my last comment in this thread.

If you've guaranteed that you will engage in no further discourse, then all I can say is that your refusal to speak argues for nothing. Good day, and I'll see you in the next thread.

I was a teenager when MLK was leading protest. Those that think those demonstrations weren't violent need to read & study real history not the PC version. Granted it was Whites that were initiating much of the violence until the riots began.

Massive social change has never been accomplished without violence. People do not like change especially change on a massive social level. PC has created a lot of seething anger & resentment. It is only a matter of time until this resentment & anger reaches critical mass. When it eventually explodes there will likely be large scale violence. This kind of violence is often trigger by some seemingly small irrelevant incident that ignites a spark that ignites an explosion.

America is undergoing a lot of social change & a lot of folks are not happy about that. Donald Trump is evidence of that backlash.

Thanks for providing a first person perspective. As I said, I do not stipulate that MLK was the ideal champion of civil rights. I'd suggest that he's better than BLM, but that's about it.

Bhim: No new law is needed here. In fact, many of the officers in prominent cases of deaths of black men have been exonerated, even in the Baltimore case where some of the accused were also black.

I think more often than not cops get exonerated because other cops do the investigation. I hear about the "thin blue line" of police brotherhood all the time then see in the news where a neighboring police agency does an investigation of it's sister agency. Kinda lame.  

Regarding civil disobedience when peaceful assembly fails... I'm all for it, unless of course it causes major harm to me and mine then I'll be hating on those dirty rotten lawbreakers. smile.png))))

I'm no fan of cops, and I certainly do believe there are serious abuses of power that need to be dealt with in various police departments. Heck, I am liable to be a victim of racial profiling, since I can easily be mistaken for an Arab or a Mexican, so I'm certainly not a proponent of institutional racial profiling. While my experiences with police officers are perhaps slightly less pleasant than those of my white friends, the law is still on the side of the citizenry.  Shooting a non-aggressive black male is already illegal, so BLM is essentially protesting an attitude that people have about blacks. If Geezer's accounts of MLK's protests are to be believed (I think they should be), it would appear that this form of protest does not effect the desired change. And why would it? Seeing black men behave violently won't make endear black people to me. I maintain that BLM needs to go away.

Ex-C won't let me copy and paste, but Chris Ray Gun on YouTube has a video about the hypocrisy of the Milwaukee rioters. Go check it out.

I want everyone to understand something: I don't say "All lives matter" to draw attention away from black people. I say it because Black Lives Matter only wants to talk about black victims of police, despite that blacks are not the only victims and claiming to care about all lives while focusing on blacks. I've shared videos of Eric Garner, Philando Castile and Alton Sterling being killed by police; Garner's death was obviously a horrible crime. But even though black people are not the only police victims, BLM sees a non-black victim, says "Eh," and continues to chant their slogan. I have never heard them chant for anyone who isn't one of their own. And when they refuse to condemn riots or violence against police, refuse to tell their members not to incite killings in the face of what has been going on, they make it all too clear that they don't care about all lives. I'm not going to take what they say at face value and ignore what their actions say about them.

I will happily say black lives matter. Black lives matter. Black lives matter. Black lives matter. Black lives matter. Black lives matter. Black lives matter. Black lives matter. Black lives matter. Black lives matter. Black lives matter. Black lives matter. Black lives matter. Black lives matter. Black lives matter. Black lives matter. Black lives matter. Black lives matter. Black lives matter. Black lives matter. Black lives matter. Black lives matter. Black lives matter. Black lives matter. Black lives matter. Black lives matter. If you are black, you matter. You deserve to live without fear.

But so do all of us. We all deserve not to have our businesses attacked and burned. We deserve not to get beaten up because of our race and rioters are painting all white people as racists. We deserve to go to work and not be afraid of getting fired because people were blocking traffic and we couldn't get there on time. We deserve to be able to feed our kids. We deserve to live in a neighborhood where people care about each other instead of throwing rocks. We deserve to be protected by police, not abused. Every person deserves to matter, not to be treated as a small thing that can be pushed out of the way for some larger agenda. Black people deserve this, too. Please stop sacrificing black lives by wrecking their neighborhoods to "send a message."

BLM repeats the meaningless rhetoric that they adopt their slogan and reject "All lives matter" because the latter phrase ignores the alleged targeting of black people by police, not to put one ethnicity above another. This is belied by the fact that their members commit violent crimes and spew racist hatred, and that the movement itself will not publicly denounce these actions. This is why I say "All Lives Matter," because not all are important to Black Lives Matter.

• Like 1

I wonder how much the black community will prosper if these BLM fuckers invested their energy into something productive.  How about getting jobs, bettering themselves, clawing their way out of poverty like every other disadvantaged group in history.  Nope, let's throw temper tantrums (what these protests ultimately are) in countries that aren't even known for police violence.  The protests in the 60s were to procure civil rights.  The protests of today are attempts to justify being thugs without consequence.  It's what it all boils down to when you look past the media sensationalist hype.

Some are going to attempt to debate me on this.  I already posted all the reasons I came to this conclusion in another thread. 

I actually used to believe that race relations in America were pretty good. I don't remember when I stopped believing that. How did it get this bad?

The last shred of belief I had that Black Lives Matter really cares about anyone but themselves is gone. Last night I tweeted to them, "Where is Black Lives Matter's condemnation of the Milwaukee riots where a gas station was set on fire with people inside?" I just checked their Twitter to give them yet another chance to speak against the violence, and found I'm blocked. Instead of answering my question, they ran away and hid behind the block button. They are dishonest cowards and I will never associate with them.

• Super Moderator

Do Native American Lives matter? Seems like if anybody had a gripe against The White Man, it'd be them.

I actually used to believe that race relations in America were pretty good. I don't remember when I stopped believing that. How did it get this bad?

On the individual level, race relations are actually pretty good. I'm white, and the black people I deal with on an everyday basis are reasonable people; we get along fine. But "people getting along fine" doesn't make for good headlines! It only makes the news when there is something dramatic to report, like a robbery, rape, assault, or murder. Or fanatics / idiots protesting and rioting.

In our experience, it may be good, but individual experiences can't speak for the entire nation when people are running around yelling to kill white people and kill black people, and a powerful social movement is encouraging it.

Video I made about BLM running from being questioned: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_HMGzdRPnw

From a FB friend in response to my status that BLM blocked me: "t is not acceptable that you were blocked, but I am not able to say that it was by an 'organization.' Ultimately, it was by an individual with his/her finger on the button."

Me: "Individuals make up organizations. When a judge hands down an unjust sentence, do you say that an individual or the justice system did an immoral thing?"

#everysinglelastoneofusmattersgetthatthroughyourheadandstopcallingusracist  I can't fit it in one hashtag that "all lives matter" includes black people, and that it includes the people whom BLM ignore.

I've stayed clear of this particular topic because I don't think I've much to add, not being American and all. What I can comment on though, is when stupid activists in Europe copies an American analysis and applies it on Europe, as if it was the same thing. Short answer: it isn't. 

First of all, Europe isn't one monolithic state (even though the EU tries their best to make it so) so even though countries like Belgium, France, the UK, the Netherlands, Spain and Portugal have a history of brutal colonialism and slavery, non-European minorities in Europe are NOT the descendants of slaves, so that comparison fails at the very beginning. Furthermore, when did countries like Finland, Czech Republic, Switzerland, Estonia or Poland last enslave and colonize anyone? Why should, say... a Slovene or Lithuanian person share some sort of stupid inheritable sin and guilt with white Americans? Who, in their turn, might not even be related to anyone who lived in the US during the period of slavery? The US has got a substantial population of Scandinavian heritage (especially in the Mid West), whose ancestors mostly arrived in the late 19th century. Like the Irish (and Italians, Poles and others who arrived fairly late), they were poor ass farmers, so how are they relevant when stupid questions like the ones posed in this video arises?  

Okay, I feel like I'm just ranting incoherently right now, but Lilith have already said what needs to be said, and way better than I ever could. 

For those of you who don't mind reading subtitles (you might have to activate them manually) and would like to hear another, non-American perspective, here's a video about BLM and their newly started Swedish wing:

• Like 1

But so do all of us. We all deserve not to have our businesses attacked and burned. We deserve not to get beaten up because of our race and rioters are painting all white people as racists. We deserve to go to work and not be afraid of getting fired because people were blocking traffic and we couldn't get there on time. We deserve to be able to feed our kids. We deserve to live in a neighborhood where people care about each other instead of throwing rocks. We deserve to be protected by police, not abused. Every person deserves to matter, not to be treated as a small thing that can be pushed out of the way for some larger agenda. Black people deserve this, too. Please stop sacrificing black lives by wrecking their neighborhoods to "send a message."

Going off your comment about larger agendas, I would add that we (now referring to all people, including South Asians such as myself) also deserve to be given equal opportunities and not discriminated against simply because we are considered the wrong kind of different. If white and black liberals had any concern for equality, they would fight to abolish affirmative action.

• Like 2

rjn: Amazing Atheist! :)

Comment on the BLM Facebook page: "...ppl of color have every right to stand up finally regardless of your thoughts" Me: "People of color have every right to burn stores and take people's income away from them. Amen." OP's response: "Like your ancestors?" I'm white. She looked at my face and decided she knew all she needed to know about my lineage and about me. My ancestors came from Sweden and Ireland in the late 19th to early 20th century. They did not own slaves in America, and knowing my grandfather who came from Ireland, he would never have done anything like BLM is doing now. Even if they had, it would be irrelevant to the point I made, because none of us is responsible for the people who came before us. This BLM supporter who claims to be anti-racist made a racist comment to distract from the unacceptable behavior of the ones she's defending. Blood guilt tries to make people feel responsible for things they had absolutely nothing to do with. I hate it.

• Like 1