Goodbye Jesus

To Those That Say There Are No Christians In Foxholes!

Guest newsbite

The type of thought process that god would protect/save/favor me and mine in the face of other's pain, well it's just plain sad. :shrug:
Well, I am well associated with people that believe that as long as God helps them get good grades or whatever, that is all that matters.

Want to explain what you mean by that statement?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Anakin

• Fweethawt

• Open_Minded

• white_raven23

Very well said, your whole post OM, but that particular quote caught my attention.

It has nothing to do with the military, but I remember watching a news report years ago, it was a father of a girl that was spared from a murderer, while she witnessed her best friend being stabbed to death. The reporter said something in the effect, "I bet you are thankful to god that he spared your daughter." What he said stood out to me... "I will not thank god for saving my daughter, because then that would mean I would have to thank him for allowing her friend to be killed instead." (not the EXACT wording, but you get what I am trying to say...I hope?)

That really stood out to me. Her father was right. To say that god saved her would mean that he turned his back on her best friend.....what kind of god would he be to do such a thing? Kill one, save the other? Certainly not someone I would be thankful to. If he was all powerful, why not save them both? Why play favorites? No respecter of persons, remember?

Thanks Angel....

The type of thought process that god would protect/save/favor me and mine in the face of other's pain, well it's just plain sad. :shrug:

Well, I am well associated with people that believe that as long as God helps them get good grades or whatever, that is all that matters.

I don't get it. He quoted someone else and added nothing. Does that mean he is agreeing with the

second quote in response to the first quote?

Hey, Newsbite. I seriously still want to know what your MOS was.

Newsbite,

You said you were the only christian in a foxhole in your unit. It would help me evaluate your

claim to know what your MOS was. How about a little history behind the claim. I think it's

assumed you were in Iraq. I may have missed the post where you stated you were there.

I'm not trying to belittle anyone's service to his country. I would like to know what was the

extent of your expierences in foxholes.

How about a little history behind the claim. I think it's assumed you were in Iraq. I may have missed the post where you stated you were there. I'm not trying to belittle anyone's service to his country. I would like to know what was the extent of your experiences in foxholes.

I must be on ignore.

(Anakin @ Mar 9 2006, 01:21 AM)

How about a little history behind the claim. I think it's assumed you were in Iraq. I may have missed the post where you stated you were there. I'm not trying to belittle anyone's service to his country. I would like to know what was the extent of your experiences in foxholes.

I must be on ignore.

--------

Want to explain what you mean by that statement?

You and me both ... Anakin :)

Did a quick check of stats ... it's not because newsbite hasn't been around. His stats show that he was:

Last Active Today, 04:43 PM

Go figure .. a few pointed questions and we leave the very thread we started. :shrug:

When are you people going to finally get it?

They don't like QUESTIONS.

Especially questions in which someone else

hasn't already supplied them with answers for.

Too much thinkin' involved... :Doh:

• 3 months later...

Well, who should I thank for keeping me alive during that time in the foxhole?

And now from your new thread "Favourite military memories".

The following are my favourite memories from Basic Military training in the canadian army reserves. I failed it, though, due to a problem with using a map + Compass.

This explains why you never responded to my request for elaborations on your military

service or to what extent you were ever in a foxhole. You never got through Basic Training.

In and of itself, the failing of basic training would have never made me feel any less of you.

Shit happens. A lot of people I went through Basic with were kicked out. That's part of what

BT is for. To filter out those who shouldn't be there. It's not dishonorable to have failed.

It's good because it keeps you alive and the other soldiers alive. In my opinion you are not

any less of a man for not making it.

However, what I do have a problem with is how you concocted this whole foxhole crap.

And how during your time in the foxhole you never lost your faith. You presented yourself

in a way to make others think you were a combat vet. I smelt a rat and that is why I

asked you questions. I was never in combat and I would never pretend to others that I

was. I was an in betweener. Between Desert Storm and our current war in Iraq.

I am very thankful that I was an in betweener and was spared the horrors. I am also very

thankful for those who have given their all in wars for me. I've been scanning the K.I.A

lists for old friends I've lost contact with over the years. I glad to report none are on that

list, as far as I've seen.

In my opinion, you have dishonored your old military friends. You have dishonored

the Canadian Military. You have dishonored your country. You have dishonored yourself.

You have dishonored your god.

In short.........you suck!

Well, who should I thank for keeping me alive during that time in the foxhole?

Bad Marksmenship II

Hi, and welcome. As a combat vet I would be interested in your experience.