Goodbye Jesus

Struggling To Find A Way Back To God

Let's just say that God is acquainted with my/our grief & He offers comfort presently.

I know a person whose son died of complications from massive brain tumors. At age SEVEN.

SEVEN.

This person's husband (the boy's father) died of cancer shortly thereafter.

Your piece of shit "god" CAUSED or PERMITTED this grief.

You cannot believe how fucking insane it sounds to listen to idiots like you trying to defend and excuse the horrors that your god allows to take place.

He "wants us to hate sin like he does" so he subjects us to its power and allows us to suffer from its outworking not only at the hands of other people, but by our OWN doings as well?

There is no way to justify what you've claimed. Your god is imaginary, or he needs to be raped and left to die of starvation and cancer - like millions of other people.

• Like 2

Hi all. Thanks for all your opinions, from a christian and non-christian perspective. I still don't know what to believe. All I know is I want to feel connected to the Light, Love, Kindness, Forgiveness, Positivity, Nature, Wonder of Life that I used to call God again. I have no idea how to get there. Playing with my son, going into nature, praying..  But I'm now often so depressed, (legally) drugged and scared that I can't feel that connection at all. I will look into all the ideas that you gave to re-connect...Neale Donald Walsh, wonder about nature, John... I'll experience them and see what I feel is best. Thanks for the ideas!

Marian,

Try "connecting" to those around you.

Love THEM.

Interact with THEM.

Show THEM kindness. (In many cases you'll receive kindness back)

At least THEY are real.

• Like 1

Thanks for the reminder. I don't really know how to give words to what I mean, especially in English. Maybe what I miss most...because of trauma and meds I lost the connection to the people around me and to bigger feelings of love and hope (that to me got connected to God). I don't think I want to let go of the idea of a God. In a more abstract sense maybe... a loving, kind, forgiving energy. But I am quite sure that I want to feel more connected to other people, so that's one to start with. smile.png

My God came in the flesh to experience what suffering humanity goes through. He was as poor as a church mouse, not cute, experienced deep hunger, betrayed, harassed & bullied, humiliated, abused- He can identify with the ten year old who was raped for he was stripped completely naked for many to see & was manhandled; He was tortured & eventually murdered & taunted while He was dying too.

I am a sinner in need of a savior.

Seems like if Jesus was to fully experience in the flesh the suffering humanity goes through, he should not have died at or around age 33. Shouldn't he have lived for as long as a human could live, say to age 120? In the flesh, Jesus never experienced the human suffering associated with old age. He never experienced getting Alzheimer's or suffering from dementia. He never experienced his body breaking down over time like the elderly do.

• 3 weeks later...

Firstly to to the OP:

Be very kind to yourself, trust yourself and do the things that make you happy, for me it is running , walking , the internet and spending time with my family.

You will never get peace from Christianity, never. It is a cult that demeans a persons self worth, it is a cult that glorifies death and suffering. Christians say that God has to punish us, He has to send us to hell for our sin and so forth. Where is the evidence for this insanity....The Bible. A book written by unknown persons, in a unknown time, and copied , edited , translated and re translated countless times. The idea there is an invisible being watching me type this , right now and will question me about it after I die is delusional.

The Bible is filled with error and contradictions, do not, please, allow this awful, hateful book, written by women hating tent makers ruin the peace of your mind.

Christians are full of it, full of it. They have wasted and ruined their own lives , do not let them drag you down with them. You could spend 80 years in the wildness in  prayer and fasting and chanting and you wouldn't get so much as an "hello" from Yahweh.

I once had a debate with a Christian, on and on he went about various points to shore up his own case. When I asked for him to donate all that he had (as Jesus commands)...well the guns went silent. as I say, they are full of it until it affects them, then they do not want to know. Christianity teaches that rich people do not get into Heaven. think of the wealth of Billy Graham and other religious leaders.Blair and Bush, two believers with fantastic wealth and armed guards. With Bush.....In god we trust much? Same as the Pope, drives around in a bullet proof van with a security detail pretending he is in a personal relationship with a magic ghost. It's laughable, really.

If you can picture a loving god and praying to such a god brings you comfort, I say go for it, but stay away from the church, Christians and the Bible, these three are lethal for good mental health and  self confidence.

All the best 

• Like 1

Thumblina, an infinitely powerful and all-knowing god would not need to come down in human form just to "experience" what we go through. This god should know what we go through by it's very nature and should recognize the flaws we have and be able to fix it.

So either your god is not all-knowing nor all powerful, which means we have no real reason to worship it (considering iron-chariots could defeat it) or it's all bullshit.