Goodbye Jesus

On The Gradual Decline Of Ex-Chriatian.net

Voice

I joined this site in 2005, and I used to participate daily back when it was very busy and very interactive. I felt valued here and my posts usually got a lot of action, which I have to admit that I loved. :) That was back while I was stuck in the "anger" phase of religious de-conversion, and now I spend most of my time in the "acceptance" phase. So my participation here tapered off as I began to move on from my religious past and I stopped being so pissed off about it. I think this site is still a great place for Christians who are questioning their faith to come and find answers. But the honest truth is that when I visit these days, I usually don't find much that interests me to respond to. That isn't really a criticism of the site, but just a sign to me that this site has served its purpose in my life. I still check in from time to time because I know I have lots of friends here, and I still want to contribute and help others who are where I was years ago when I first found this site.

Glory!

• Like 4

What's really happening is the gradual decline of the classic 95-early 2000 forum style in general in favor of modern social media.

Apostasy is more alive than ever, just most of the discussion has moved to reddit/facebook/twitter/etc.

Yup there's a parallel Ex-C facebook community which thrives pretty well.

Probably not the only reason for the site's decline I admit, but it's a major one.

LOL the Facebook community thrives if you agree with their politics. I'm a Trump supporter so I had to always defend the bullshit labels they threw around all the time. It got exhausting. If only their savior Bernie wasn't such a little bitch.