Goodbye Jesus

Many Are Called But Few Are Chosen

Guest Emerson

Guest Emerson

My question: If MLK did this, and went to heaven... according to this criteria... then this same criteria is saying that Hitler went to heaven, and Ghandi went to hell. Now how does that make sense? How is that ultmately justifiable and loving? :shrug:

Like I said, if somebody believe in their heart that Christ is Son of God and confess with their mouth the same, they are saved.

Because Ghandi and Hitler, me and you all have a choice to make for or against God. How is that not loving?

No one is against God. How can any1 be against God if in the first place they don't believe in such a thing. It'd be stupid to be angry at or to deny something that doesn't exist. I still believe in God, just not bible god, but just because people don't believe in God doesn't mean their against God.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Open_Minded

• Lycorth

• Fweethawt

• Amanda

Mine is backed by science. There's is not. It's that simple. Here's a good article by the very prolific author Michael Shermer on the subject:

http://www.reverendatheistar.com/demon.htm

Demon-Huanted Brain

If the brain mediates all experience, then paranormal phenomena are nothing more than neuronal events.

If the brain mediates ALL experience, then it mediates the scientific experience as well. It is NOT possible for any human being, scientist or anyone else, to know with any concrete certainity what happens (or doesn't happen) on the other side of physical life.

Science can have all the theories it wants, it can "study" them to the end of time and it will still NOT know because quite simply - science can NOT go to the other side of life and come back again.

EVERY single thing the brain sees, absorbs, studies etc... goes through the filter of itself. That makes science limited by the very brain cells conducting the science. It's ALL mediated - every bit of it. So, don't expect me to worship it, anymore than I feel the need to worship super sky daddy.

Secondly, just because the brain mediates EVERYTHING - does not mean that there is NOTHING after this life. One does not equal the other. BECAUSE this thread is about one simple Bible verse (Many are Called but few are chosen) and the way it impacts real, concrete, verifiable life in our world ... I'm not going to go off on a tangent. But... I will refer you to another discussion on this board... there you will find my thoughts on the subject.....

http://www.ex-christian.net/index.php?s=&s...ndpost&p=172239

If you want to continue this aspect of the discussion feel free to post there, and thanks for staying on topic in this thread.

RA ... I'm not trying to be difficult here... but, I've been trying to get Sub to address this issue for months ... he's finally decided to answer the question posed to him in 3 different threads over as many months. It would be nice if we could stay with the discussion. (That is if he ever decides to come back.... ) Thanks. :shrug:

Like I said, if somebody believe in their heart that Christ is Son of God and confess with their mouth the same, they are saved.
Remember this very sentence whenever you tell people here that they were never a christian to begin with.

Retracting or making changes to this statement will make you a greater liar than what you already are. (according to your beliefs, anyway. )

YES ...Thank you Fwee :woohoo:

Sub... Sub.... :wave:

Where did you go, Buddy .... I'm still waiting for a response to my question (and Amanda's question)..... :shrug:

So... Gandhi .... who died teaching people non-violent resistance... teaching people to "love their enemies" whored his soul to sin?

Explain that to me - and eveyone else - Sub. How did Gandhi "whore his soul to sin"?

And as Amanda asked... How is that ultimately justifiable and loving?

Remember this very sentence whenever you tell people here that they were never a christian to begin with.

Retracting or making changes to this statement will make you a greater liar than what you already are. (according to your beliefs, anyway. )

Exactly. That is always good ammo to use, especially when Xians like to ride their high horses and claim their sect is the One True Faith™ and all others are "apostates."

Sectarian Xians (ie, 99% of all Xians) are liars by their own words.

hitler was very religious. i find great comfort that i can perform genocide and go to heaven still!! im starting to like this bible god :HaHa:

Hitler Was A Christian

Hitler a Christian, and your source is evil bible.com... Ok, right.

Apparently you didn't realize that Hitler was responsible for 6 million Jews dying, the very people Christianity came from. I am sorry but that is no Christian spirit.

By the way, Roman Catholicism is NOT Christianity.

source maybe evilbible.com, but the essay written contains historical references and quotes.

anyone who believes in jesus is a christian. catholicism, JW, mormons, baptists, etc. are names of denominations. whatever the denomination a person belongs to, that person still has "faith in christ".

Wrong, through faith in Christ good works come.

obviously hitler didnt perform good works despite his faith in christ.

Where did you go, Buddy .... I'm still waiting for a response to my question (and Amanda's question)..... :shrug:

I think Sub has been "flushed", as is my assumption by reading his profile where it once said, "Rude SOB", it now says "flushed". I take that as a reference to the flushing of human fecal matter? Yes, he finally wins in getting himself martyred for the cause of Christ. Afterall, he was only speaking the truth and that's why he got "flushed". I'm sure that's what he's telling all his xtian buddies. Good bye looser. You've been a true Christian witness. Sorry your efforts resulted in zero conversions for you. :loser:

Sorry you never got your answer OM, which actually was his answer :grin: (I'll kind of miss his ridiculous reasonings).

Guest Faery

btw, why did sub put for his answers for any gods "cheesy christ?"

There's not much credibility there if he is not respectful of his respective deity.

Many are scalded but few wear lederhosen.
Now why'd you say that? :Hmm:

You know that hardly anybody is going to get it. :shrug:

I think Sub has been "flushed", as is my assumption by reading his profile where it once said, "Rude SOB", it now says "flushed". I take that as a reference to the flushing of human fecal matter? Yes, he finally wins in getting himself martyred for the cause of Christ. Afterall, he was only speaking the truth and that's why he got "flushed". I'm sure that's what he's telling all his xtian buddies. Good bye looser. You've been a true Christian witness. Sorry your efforts resulted in zero conversions for you. :loser:

Sorry you never got your answer OM, which actually was his answer :grin: (I'll kind of miss his ridiculous reasonings).

I'm curious as to why Sub got "flushed". I don't follow all these forums and threads that he has participated, however... IMHO, I thought his responses, that I did see, rather supported the mentality to be an ExC. :shrug: If I may ask, was he trolling and inciting arguments on other threads instead of contributing in a sincere way? IDK... I'm just guessing...

Many are scalded but few wear lederhosen.
Now why'd you say that? :Hmm:

You know that hardly anybody is going to get it. :shrug:

Many are burned with hot water but few wear German leather panty hose! It just doesn't have the same ring to it! lol...

(Sigh).... Sad but true, poor Sub....

Many are stalled, but few are open :grin:

Maybe ... Someday ... another fundi can answer the questions...... :lmao: