Goodbye Jesus

Are Your Relatives Christian Enough To Kill You?

KT45

Satan kills babies every day by murder and abortion.

God doesn't lie. He has no reason to lie, and once more, He cannot lie.

I never said God didn't order the killing of children. While this may seem vile to us, God does have His reasons. Our minds are finite. His mind is infinite. He sees the whole picture. It's possible those children would have grown up evil or they have been around evil for so long, they have been corrupted. It's better that God takes the children home now. We cannot judge God who has unlimited knowledge, with our limited knowledge.

Ahhh yes, you've hit on the paradox. In your view god is omnipotent, omnipresent, and omniscient; by this fact he can lie because he knows everything. It's the classic paradox of "can god create an object so massive that he cannot move it?". To lie for a purpose is ok, since we can not know the purpose of the divine then how can we be sure we are not being lied to? This is the realm of faith.

My family would defend me, except for some on my fathers side.

I would also point out that there is a distinct difference between truth and fact. A truth may be a fact, but a fact is not always a truth.

Goodbye Jesus
  • Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KT45

• Scott

• nick5

• Ouroboros

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't imagine my mother doing that, she can't stand any violence for one thing.

My Mum once said somehting about God will sort the wheat from the Chaff and that includes families, I think she meant that it's my own lookout if I end up in hell.

My mother wouldn't. She told me she would go to hell with me if she had to...

However, the rest of my family WOULD kill me if they had the oppurtunity. I don't trust any of them. I do watch my back...sad to say.

• 1 month later...

Mine would kill me. "That Tai Chi bodybuilder is nuthin' but a sore-cer-ore! KILL him fer Jaysus!"

No doubt about it. They already tried to kill me legally by tricking me into moving to their place and then fucking me over.

Shawn

• 2 weeks later...

Matthew 10

36 a man's enemies will be the members of his own household.

37 "Anyone who loves his father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves his son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me; 38 and anyone who does not take his cross and follow me is not worthy of me.

Luke 12

52 From now on there will be five in one family divided against each other, three against two and two against three. 53 They will be divided, father against son and son against father, mother against daughter and daughter against mother, mother-in-law against daughter-in-law and daughter-in-law against mother-in-law."

Households are already divided today and it is not even judgement day, how much more so will it be then?

This topic brings out subject matter all wrong, some of you say "my family would kill me if they had the chance." No, any true christian would not murder their own family, or anybody for that matter. The truth is, what God created, God can destroy, that is not murder. God will bring upon judgement, it is not up for us to decide what happens.

I don't think I need to cast a vote.

• 4 weeks later...

Wow, I loved that picture of Jesus holding a burning baby back there on page three or so...

But the original post was bad enough and vivid enough that I could enter into the belief system and imagine my five family members plus siblings' spouses and children all standing together, some weeping but others stepping forward to do the deed, yes. I know who would do it too...

And since in that moment it doesn't matter anymore that's when I finally take the opportunity to kick my brother in law in the nuts.

Thanks, that was a great exercise. I feel good today, after that.

Wow, I never thought about this before. Yeah, I think that a good portion of my family would kill me. The one's who disowned me because I'm godless, that is. They refuse to talk to me and think I worship their devil. What kind of BS is that?!

• 1 month later...

Sure they'd kill me. They already have. They do it psychologically, emotionally and spiritually. They are so-called pacifists so they won't kill the body.

There is no need for conjecture on this one. I am absolutely positive that my parents would kill me for the cause of Cripes. They are both strict, fundamental Baptists and my mother has actually told me in years past that she "wished that God would take me now rather than letting me continue to live the way I was". It was only eight or nine years ago, give or take, when I was first deconverting.

I wish i could ask all the women fundies I know from another forum...but they would never allow themselves to think about such things...and would be the first to condemn the "final battle" when it starts, even though most have said they pray for it to come.

What a horrible thought that family members might actually take the side of God vs. their own children.

Thankfully, I don't think I know anyone who would kill me or anyone else. Then again, I only know a handful of truly practising Christians.

I doubt I would actually take part in the battle...taking the moral highground above god could lead to some interesting universal complications and usurp the 'perfect' deity.

Other: I was the Christian nut in my family. They were much relieved when I deconverted.

Yep, me too.

Guest LurkinLuke

This question is premised on an aberrant reading of John's Revelation. The church has historically understood most of the book (including the passages at issue here) to be in the tradition of Jewish apocalyptic literature and not correctly understood literally. Only in the past hundred and fifty years or so has this literal reading become normative in churches. This reading is one of the many negative theological results of the democratization of Christianity that occurred primarily between this country's revolution and Civil War. Another cause of this view's rise in popularity was the tidiness of J.N. Darby's chart. But don't get me started on that . . .

<BUMP> ...sorry guys... :shrug:

Okay, much as I hate to say it, he's correct so far as history of Christian thought goes. This, however, does not change the fact that many of us have close relatives as in immediate family who hate us enough to kill.

This thread has disturbed me on a few levels. My first, visceral response, was "Of course they wouldn't kill me...of course they would keep me safe." Now, I'm not so sure. I don't think any of them would actually kill me themselves...but I think they wouldn't do anything to actively keep me safe either. I don't think they'd offer me shelter or lead me to safety. I think they would sadly say that since I made the wrong choice, I'm on my own.

Gah. This has made me realize a few uncomfortable things about my own family.

There's more than one kind of killing. Physically disposing of a person is only one way. A less merciful way is to do it emotionally and then deny it.

There's more than one kind of killing. Physically disposing of a person is only one way. A less merciful way is to do it emotionally and then deny it.

I agree with you wholeheartedly. My mother has declared me and my daughter dead to her and it has been quite a process to get through.

Okay, much as I hate to say it, he's correct so far as history of Christian thought goes. This, however, does not change the fact that many of us have close relatives as in immediate family who hate us enough to kill.

But that crosses into wholly secular families too. 85% of murders are by family.

If they do that, they were never family, just people you share DNA with.

If they do that, they were never family, just people you share DNA with.

I think I need to hear this a few more times. I really struggle with wanting to be family and keep trying on one hand, and making a clean break on the other hand like everyone is advising these days. There are good times. But it seems I remember from literature on abuse in families that even the worst families do have good times. As you point out, this is not unique to religion. However, perhaps this happened before you joined. It was religion and nothing more or nothing less that prompted my family to decide not to let me eat with them at my mother's funeral. They did let me in at the last minute on some obscure technicality. They denied having treated me wrongly. It felt like emotional murder in the name of religion and they denied it. Thus, I think my post stands.

I'd agree...they're scum.

Strange to say, 'killing' someone can be an act of love. I pulled the plug on my dad (withdrew feeding and signed the DNR papers) when it was clear it was the last thing I could do for him....

I agree, Granpa Harley. I was in a similar situation with my father. Unfortunately, there can always be some nutcase right around the corner that considers such a thing a heinous sin and will do whatever they can to stop you. Fucking nugtbag busy-body meddlers. The worst example I can think of is the Terry Schiavo broohaha over here in the States.

Strange to say I silenced a group of 'Terry S how awful...' christ nuts with my little story... I told em it and told them to call me a murderer to my face... they slunk away as I told them they couldn't judge until they'd ridden that trial.

I kinda think my Dad would choose God over me because he feels murder is justified sometimes and he refers to that verse about blessed are the peacemakers so much