Goodbye Jesus

why is it ok for the holy spirit to rape Mary?

been borg again

Let me guess another example of Gods situational ethics?

How old was Mary? 13,15,16?

Isnt that pedophilism?

Premarital sex?

rape?

non consentual sex?

Whats makes it OK?

that God had a penis that could penetrate without breaking the hymen?

Gods cum was Holy therefore OK?

WHY DIDNT JESUS MENTION HIS VIRGIN BIRTH????

How cum the oldest Gospel never mentioned the virgin birth???

Keeping this site online isn't free, so we need your support! Make a one-time donation or choose one of the recurrent patron options by clicking here.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fweethawt

• Ouroboros

• Cerise

• Lokmer

This reminds of a pentecostal preacher, who sometimes said:

The Holy Spirit is a gentleman

His point of ocurse, was that you had to open yourself for the Holy Spirit, He would not use force.

Ha, ha. I see how inconsistent his theology was.

:lmao:

They got pentecostals in europe? American xianity? Yikes! I am so sorry.

Yes, but Americans are not the only one to blame. Much of the raw material to form American Christianity was exported from Europe some hundred years ago.

The Pentecostal movement came to Denmark through a Norwegian missionary, who had been a trip to the States. This missionary had a holiness/Pentecostal theology both including “entire sanctification” and “tongues, signs and wonders”. But it was only the “tongues, signs and wonders” part, that became successful here.

As the Pentecostalmessage was spread, there have been formed to different Danish based Pentecostal denominiations. American denomintation like Assemblies of God are not represented here, but our local denomination now and then may have some cooperation with them.

...and which logic books have you all been reading lately?

They got pentecostals in europe? American xianity? Yikes! I am so sorry.

Sadly, in line with the decades-old trend "Let's copy whatever comes from the US", fundyism (US style) seems to be on a slow but steady rise here. Veeeery slowly, but still...

...of course, this might be cancelled out by the hordes of people leaving the big churches. :fdevil:

...and which logic books have you all been reading lately?

Perhaps a more explicit, specific criticism of the post and comments would be helpful for those outside the faith. I'm not sure what you mean, PD.

Perhaps a more explicit, specific criticism of the post and comments would be helpful for those outside the faith. I'm not sure what you mean, PD.

rape?

non consentual sex?

Whats makes it OK?

that God had a penis that could penetrate without breaking the hymen?

Ro-Bear~

This statement shows a total lack of understanding of scripture. I'll let Dave finish this off.

Usually certain posts just roll of my back and I don't give them another thought. This one really bothers me and I should have never entered the conversation.

Forgive me for even posting here.

Tap

Guest Son of Belial

In all honesty I never saw Bethsheba as some evil temptress. I saw David as a very flawed individual who let his kingly status go to his head. I saw him as a murderer and a liar, especially since he tried to cover up his sin by getting Uriah drunk and having him lie with her, so he would think the child was his. Some guy that David was.

As for Jesus and Mary, sorry, it's rape. If I drug some woman, sleep with her, and make it so she never knows it happened, it's rape, right? Even if I tell her later. If I was God, I wouldn't tell her myself, I'd send a messenger - which is what he did.

It is pretty sick of Lot to offer his daughters to a gang of rapists over some visitors.  He valued MALE strangers over FEMALE family.

Maybe he was gay too. So he wanted them for himself.

I heard an explanation to this story, that in some cultures it was used to suppress and degrade newcomers.

Um..dude...

14 years old is biologically adult. It is NOT pedophilia. And, in that culture, it wasn't even improper (life expectancy of 35, marriage age in early teens).

-Lokmer

Dear TAP,

It is easy to be a Christian and to live out the Christian spirit when things around you are smooth and mellow.

The real test of the moment is when things around you are not smooth and mellow. Although we may not agree with the way some threads are written and their contents, you and I understand they are totally free to do so. They play by the rules as our Webmaster wrote ‘Be ready for acidic exchanges.” Consider this a test to live out Paul's teachings: Love is…..

Admittedly, even a slight moment of self-distinction of highness-lowness, would draw you and I closer to the Pharisees as described by the Gospel writers. When Jesus was dining with sinners, tax collectors, prostitutes, “This man Jesus is eating with sinners….”

Take care,

Scotter

Um..dude...

14 years old is biologically adult.  It is NOT pedophilia.  And, in that culture, it wasn't even improper (life expectancy of 35, marriage age in early teens).

-Lokmer

Pedophilia is a modern concept. Just a few hundred years ago, no one talked about statutory rape or pedophilia. There are stories about sex with minors, and no on really cared for it to be strange or different.

Women used to get married at 12 yr old.

[Edit]

Don't get me wrong. I'm not against the concept of protecting the kids, I think kids should be kids until they're mature enough.

But considering that we evolved to start having sex around when the teenage years kicks in, making a law against it will not change the genetic code that's built in.

At the time of Jebuz, getting pregnat at 12 was not strange, but rather normal.

I heard an explanation to this story, that in some cultures it was used to suppress and degrade newcomers.

Correct. How do you insure that visitors to the town who are visiting in secret aren't spies? You gang-rape them and throw them out of the city, too humiliated to tell the people they might be spying for. "What happened" "Nothing, sir. Don't bother attacking, they're too formidable." Old saw in the ancient world.

-Lokmer

Women used to get married at 12 yr old.

(Puts on robes..)

Yeah, but that Muhhamed what a pedophile he was!

(Puts on robes..)

Yeah, but that Muhhamed what a  pedophile he was!

Something very significant happens between 9 (Mohammed's "wife") and 14...

Puberty

-Lokmer

Puberty

-Lokmer

I'm glad we don't live in Nigeria, 'cause then they would burn us.

http://vigilant.tv/article/2447/muslim-rio...phemous-article

The Pentecostal movement came to Denmark through a Norwegian missionary, who had been a trip to the States. This missionary had a holiness/Pentecostal theology both including “entire sanctification” and “tongues, signs and wonders”. But it was only the “tongues, signs and wonders” part, that became  successful here.

You know the scary thing?

I know that guy - or at least one of his denziens - very well. Fortunately, he's become a bit more rational since then.

-Lokmer

I fail to see how citing events from the q'ran is blasphemous.

Then again.... :shrug:

You know, I've spent much of my life around fundies of many different stripes, and I still don't get it. The weird thing is, at one time I WAS one, and I got it then. but I don't get it now.

-Lokmer

Puberty

-Lokmer

(Bad sarcasm on my part... I could see how you'd take it. )

Can we confirm (well can we confirm that such a person as Mo actually existed) that he actually had sex with her?

It's my understanding that she was a wife (of many).

Usually certain posts just roll of my back and I don't give them another thought. This one really bothers me and I should have never entered the conversation.

Forgive me for even posting here.

Tap

Totallyatpeace,

dont put your fingers in your ears and say I cant hear you, because the OP makes you feel uncomfortable. Isnt this being controled by Fear?.

The Truth should be able to withstand any attack and still come out the winner.

The fact that a OP like this would make you feel uncomfortable or uneasy, at least for me, a huge red flag pops up. because I wonder why is it this OP would make me want to run away? Is it social conditioning? social control by instituting taboo?

Useing Fear to control the Questioning?

If GOd is God and GOd knows your heart and Motivations, then I highly doubt that God would be angry at you for not running away.

the pursute and hunger for Truth, should override any social conditioning and irrational fear.

If I recall correctly, yes we can.

-Lokmer

(disgusting....)

Right.

So on one hand, those fundies that point out Mohammed's violence against women (in this case as pedophile) leave out the violence done to Mary on her forced pregnancy.