Goodbye Jesus

why is it ok for the holy spirit to rape Mary?

been borg again

That depends upon who you talk to.  Since our family has a history of difficult birthings, you're probably right and epidural will do little for me.  But haven't you heard stories about mothers who went to the bathroom and thought they were just haven't a bowel movement when actually, they were in labour and having a kid?  In the toilet?

I hear about those all the time.

Hey, you got me there. :shrug:

I forgot about those. :Doh:

If and when you ever have children,

I hope it's not as bad for you as it was

for others in your family.

:)

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fweethawt

• Ouroboros

• Cerise

• Lokmer

Oh no Fwee, you quoted the wrong section.  See?

G'head Cerise, check again. :HaHa:

This is what will make me a great teacher.  Those kids step out of line and....

THEY'LL BE SMOTE SO HARD THEY WON'T EVEN THINK TO REFUTE ME ON WHETHER OR NOT "SMOTE" IS ACTUALLY A WORD.

:pureevil:

I don't think they'll care because they'll be too busy being *smoted*. :lmao:

My wife didn't take many pain killers, and she didn't take the epidural. But labor was loooong. The last two she was standing on her knees when she gave birth. It positions the baby in a better position, and gravity helps to pull it out.

How do I know? I was in there for each kid. I didn't faint. But my ears hurt, because she was screaming and cussing.

I think my dad had to be out of the room for my birth. And they tell me my grandma had to go sit down because I looked pretty uh...dead.

In 1982, two months preemie and a grand total of 1610 grams is still pretty much in the ohshititsgonnadieforsure era.

:shrug:

You mean a HUN-ey.  Atilla the.

:grin:

:grin:

so if Jesus is God, he raped and impregnated his own mother!!??

ZOUNDS!

puts a new meaning to the verse about hating your own mother!

Which explains Jesuses attitude toward adultury and his lack of a sexual life.

Maybe Jesus had to much sexual baggage to pursue a normal sex life.

I know I would if I had lost my virginity to my mom.

Maybe that why Jesus hooked up with Mary Magdaline, cuz she reminded him of his mom!

She wasn't his mother until he got her pregnant with himself.  Confused yet?  LOL!

I think I now understand why Mary & Joseph was never involved that much in Jesus's life.

It must have been very akward for the both of them.

as they say a prophet has no respect in his hometowm. cuz they know about the skeletons-in-the-closet.

I can imagine the family Christmas holiday dinners would be akward.

" So Hows it going Jesus?"

" uhh fine mom, yesterday I spit in a dudes eyes and healed his blindness"

" Thats cool.. you found a girlfriend yet?"

" uhh yea, her name is Mary"

" uhh ok. anybody want more gravy on their potatoes? So hows the weather in Jerusalem?"

" Mom, Im not feeling to well, I gotta go bye, see you next year"

( shake hands goodbye)

Guest Gypsy
They got pentecostals in europe? American xianity? Yikes! I am so sorry.

hi, first time here. just wanted to add something regarding the above quote. during the last year i was in church....maybe 8 years ago....it was an assemblies of god church. we had sent out a missionary family to italy. really tough work with all those catholics there to convert... but the thing that cracked me up the most was the concern over this family having to drink wine there. so altho it was a sin for us....the leadership had to go through contortions to explain why it was ok for them. silly stuff. when i left the preacher called me (8 months down the road) and apologized for whatever he might have done and asked me why i left. i told him it was to preserve my sanity.

i can't figure out how to make the quote part above come out like in the other posts.

i can't figure out how to make the quote part above come out like in the other posts

type in [ Quote ] With out the spaces... type in [ / Quote ] to close quote :)

as for the AG church, they are the extreme fringe, people in that sect are either have blind allegiance, or are so afraid to question they do what ever the AG says. That's also the cult I broke free from,

Yo Gypsy, Welcome!

• 5 months later...

Did people back then not know it takes a man and a woman to make a baby?

I do not get how the virgin birth idea started.

IV never heard of anybody having a virgin birth except for Mary and other mythological characters. Don’t things tend to repeat themselves?

I read a story once were a roman soldier named pandera raped Mary and got her pregnant. That seems more logical.

I don’t see why she uses the holy ghost did it as an excuse.

Did people back then not know it takes a man and a woman to make a baby?

I do not get how the virgin birth idea started.

IV never heard of anybody having a virgin birth except for Mary and other mythological characters. Don’t things tend to repeat themselves?

I read a story once were a roman soldier named pandera raped Mary and got her pregnant. That seems more logical.

I don’t see why she uses the holy ghost did it as an excuse.

I can see why a woman at that time would use "Goddidit" as an excuse for being raped. Just look at the Islamic countries. A woman that has been raped gets killed for soliciting and tempting the man. While the guy get to pay fines.

In those old days, it was extremely shameful to have a bastard kid. Joseph would not have married her, and she would be unmarried her whole life, and not be able to support herself. She would be an outcast in society. Her best excuse was to make the story as fanciful and unbelievable as possible, since no one would be able to contradict her or prove otherwise. By claiming the child to be of God, then she wasn't raped and the kid wouldn't be a bastard, but would be a blessing instead. I think it is the sign of a very industrious woman that figured out a smart escape from a difficult situation.

Those ideas are not very fair to the woman.

She cant help it someone rapes her.

I wonder how she got Joseph and everyone to believe it.

I can see why a woman at that time would use "Goddidit" as an excuse for being raped. Just look at the Islamic countries. A woman that has been raped gets killed for soliciting and tempting the man. While the guy get to pay fines.

In those old days, it was extremely shameful to have a bastard kid. Joseph would not have married her, and she would be unmarried her whole life, and not be able to support herself. She would be an outcast in society. Her best excuse was to make the story as fanciful and unbelievable as possible, since no one would be able to contradict her or prove otherwise. By claiming the child to be of God, then she wasn't raped and the kid wouldn't be a bastard, but would be a blessing instead. I think it is the sign of a very industrious woman that figured out a smart escape from a difficult situation.

Society has not been fair to women since the monotheistic and patriarchal religions started to win popularity. They're all built on control of women, just because they are pretty, sexy and men get easily whimsical from being with them. So all religions based on the sin-concept had to reduce women to something that could be controlled to prevent the men from being tempted to sin. Basically, it's fear that made it so.

Too bad a religion that sees everyone as equal don’t gain popularity

Society has not been fair to women since the monotheistic and patriarchal religions started to win popularity. They're all built on control of women, just because they are pretty, sexy and men get easily whimsical from being with them. So all religions based on the sin-concept had to reduce women to something that could be controlled to prevent the men from being tempted to sin. Basically, it's fear that made it so.

Let me guess another example of Gods situational ethics?

How old was Mary? 13,15,16?

Isnt that pedophilism?

Premarital sex?

rape?

non consentual sex?

Whats makes it OK?

that God had a penis that could penetrate without breaking the hymen?

Gods cum was Holy therefore OK?

WHY DIDNT JESUS MENTION HIS VIRGIN BIRTH????

How cum the oldest Gospel never mentioned the virgin birth???

Um....what?

Too bad a religion that sees everyone as equal don’t gain popularity

There's an explanation to that too.

If 99 people in a group 100, had the opinion of true altruism, meaning they would help each other and not take advantage of each other. But one of them is corrupt and demands obediance and control. What will happen? The 1 person will gain the control very easily, since the good people willingly let go of their control.

The same happens to a religion were everyone is equal and people show kindness to each other. It will eventually be taken over by the people that see how guillable and easily duped and controlled this group is.

We can see that with how the early Christian church was. It was not the massive political and controlling force, but was built on voluntary devotion and personal choice. In just 300-500 years it became a political power and had turned from the religion of personal choice into a forced state religion. And it happened because a few corrupt and manipulative people thought they served the overall good, by gaining complete control and telling people what to believe.

So, rarely a system of equal control and fairness survives that long. There will always be people like Hitler, Stalin, Saddam Hussein and so on...

Alternate explanations for Jesus' conception:

The British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC) aired a program "The Virgin Mary" on 2002-DEC-22. It suggested three mechanisms for the conception of Jesus, if the virgin birth is not a possibility. Jesus could have been conceived as a result of:

A sexual relationship with a secret lover. The program rejects this as being very unlikely. There were strong prohibitions in 1st century CE Palestine for women who had sexual activity with a man other than her fiancée or husband.

A rape by a Roman soldier. There was one ancient writer who suggested this. However, it appears even less likely.

Sexual relationships to her fiancée, Joseph. The program considers this a distinct possibility, since engaged couples often did live together in Palestine during the 1st century CE. 4

http://www.religioustolerance.org/virgin_b2.htm

A rape by a Roman soldier. There was one ancient writer who suggested this. However, it appears even less likely.

Celsus actually, in a book which was suppressed by the early christian fathers, although there is a work by Origen which attempts to refute his arguments. As Origen quotes from Celsus work in his own book, some of Celsus' text has been preserved. You may search for Origen's Contra Celsus if you like. The allegation was not so much that the soldier raped her as that she was what we in modern times would call his "shack job". That is how I would read it anyway.

Let's put it this way, Judea was a conquered province under Roman Occupation. A Detachment of Regulars was posted there to keep order. A Detachment meant the soldiers came from one Legion, or more likely several Legions. Then as now, when a Detachment is formed, it is not made up of the best soldiers. Any Old Man (Commanding Officer) when asked for men for such a Detachment usually regards this as a golden opportunity to get rid of as many persistent drunkards, gamblers, petty thieves and other troublemakers from his unit as he can.

Along with these would go a number of volunteers. These would be tough types, fed up with barracks routine, types who liked a bit of a scrap and appreciated the relative freedom of Detached Duty. One thing most such types would do once they'd settled in would be to get themselves a woman. Why should they clean their own kit and live in barracks? Such a soldier would give his woman so much of his pay per week or month, and if she provided other services of a more personal nature than looking after his kit and cooking, well as my grandfather used to say, "Nature looks out the eyes of a cat".

If the woman he had fell pregnant, the soldier would usually abandon her and get another. (No such thing as "palimony" in those days.) His CO probably wouldn't like it if he insisted on doing the right thing and marrying her and besides, there were plenty of other fish in the sea.

This I think is as good an explanation for the birth of Jesus as any. The Virgin Birth was just a story concocted to either hoodwink the public (if you can't dazzle them with science, blind 'em with BS), or to avoid the consequences of local laws against adultery, or perhaps both. So, no miracle, just a fisherman's tale that got more and more elaborated as the years went by. If a cult known as christianity hadn't taken this yarn as the centre of its credo it would be dismissed along with a host of other such stories.

Casey

Sexual relationships to her fiancée, Joseph. The program considers this a distinct possibility, since engaged couples often did live together in Palestine during the 1st century CE. 4

Sounds like the most plausible explanation. Considering that Joseph accepted the fact so easily, he must have been part of the scam.