Goodbye Jesus

Near Death Experiences

ricky18

Lately Ive been visiting www.near-death.com nd been reading up on the near death experiences of the ppl there. At the tip of death the person moves out of his body,sees a medical team or whatever at his / hes body.looking at it from the top. Then the persons spirit gets pulled through a tunnel,at the end of the tunnel they get to brightness. a Bright presence meet them. Mst of them says it ws jesus. they met sum of there freinds and family there. Then the are given the choice 2 stay there or go back 2 earth. Jesus talks 2 them about his sacrifice. told some of them to tell ppl abt their experience to lead souls to him. If they chose to go back.they end up in their bodies again.

Go and check out the site. What do u guys think. antother thing - do we nt believe that Jesus is God or saviour and the whole john 3:16 thing, or do we kinda believe tht he's the closest to being god and simply nt accept him cause of the eternal hell story,nd wht weve been thru,Bible contradictions.

I personally think,maby it experience cud be true, but dnt think id be able to repent still cuz i dnt think my mind will be able to grasp the eternal hell of non believers. nd after all the times of failure in the past i jst dnt have the strength and the will to try repentence again. ! article described hell as a state of mind where all the unbelievers were in, after they died.There was darkness nd no lite,jst a form af sadness,heartache,etc. nd nt the traditional fire and brimstone hell.

Still - isnt an eternity of unhappyness the same as an eternity in the firy hell.

wht do u guys think?thnx

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KT45

• Antlerman

• ricky18

• Piprus

What do you mean by "do we believe?" "We" don't believe anything... we are a group of individuals that have only one thing in common-- we left Christianity for good. Some here now "believe" in Buddhism, or paganism, or atheism, or deism. It's up to YOU what YOU believe...

By the way, I'm pretty sure NDEs are crap, but I've never had one (without the help of a psychedelic drug), and I'm pretty sure they are just a trick of the brain and mind.

Guys.im nt here to preach to or convert u to anything.i also had pain and heart ache deconverting. nd this site saved me.Im jst on my quest to finding the truth what ever that may be. yep we all chose different things to believe in.Im nt an atheist.i do believe theres a higher power out there.I jst wana knw what it is. Isnt it our goal the compare the different religions and spiritualism and make a conclusion. what i meant earlier is that -

Most of us say or believe tht god isnt real cause he sends ppl to hell 4 eternity nd calls himself a god of love. If he is real nd da punishment true, no mattr wht the hell we say abt him or believe abt him, its nt gna mattr to hm cuz theres nothing we can do abt it. we can think he's unreasonable nd cruel,evil,etc all we want bt if he exists and thts the puishment theres nt a fuck we cn do abt it. if he's the hire power,he cn call himself holy nd a god of luv, nd fair, although we think his cruel, unjust nd evil. our opinion abt him means fuck all.

we'll choose nt to serve him cuz if we believe his cruel nd unfair,theres no way we cn serve him jst to save our skin.

hw do i move this topic to the lions den?who do i contact.please.i want to move it to lions den

Guys.im nt here to preach to or convert u to anything.i also had pain and heart ache deconverting. nd this site saved me.Im jst on my quest to finding the truth what ever that may be. yep we all chose different things to believe in.Im nt an atheist.i do believe theres a higher power out there.I jst wana knw what it is. Isnt it our goal the compare the different religions and spiritualism and make a conclusion. what i meant earlier is that -

Uh, no...my goal is to learn as much as I can in the time that I have. Religions have no use for me, and I don't think they have any use for anyone.

Most of us say or believe tht god isnt real cause he sends ppl to hell 4 eternity nd calls himself a god of love.

No we don't, fuck you for trivializing the reasons people don't believe.

If he is real nd da punishment true, no mattr wht the hell we say abt him or believe abt him, its nt gna mattr to hm cuz theres nothing we can do abt it. we can think he's unreasonable nd cruel,evil,etc all we want bt if he exists and thts the puishment theres nt a fuck we cn do abt it. if he's the hire power,he cn call himself holy nd a god of luv, nd fair, although we think his cruel, unjust nd evil. our opinion abt him means fuck all.

So? Why don't you learn how to spell?

we'll choose nt to serve him cuz if we believe his cruel nd unfair,theres no way we cn serve him jst to save our skin.

So what?

I'm so confused...

go back to www.near-death.com

People see more deities other than the christian one

the fact that NDE's happen with different symbols cross-culturally suggests to me that it is a natural rather than religious phenomenon, with biological explanations.

Ok first off if you want me to bother reading your posts you have to learn to spell...I'm not perfect...but for crying out loud how do you misspell "not?"

Also, I've seen no proof suggesting NDE's are real...Most of them come from people involved in New age type movments and I put about as much trust in New Age movments as I do in christianity.

This sounds like a subliminal scheme to make people reconsider their decisions or something. It's another one of those scare tactics, only this time using NDE testimonies.

Yeah, and how many times have I heard the one about Gary Busey?

Ricky,

Pardon my ignorance with languages. Are you writing in Africans or just using chat-room jargon?

I got a headache after the first two lines, so even though the topic looks interesting, I will pass.

I slugged through it..but now I have a migraine..

And..the topic isn't so interesting.. :loser:

. . . I'm pretty sure NDEs are crap, but I've never had one (without the help of a psychedelic drug), and I'm pretty sure they are just a trick of the brain and mind.

My father did have a NDE, the night before he actually died -- and I still don't believe they are an indication of life after death or anything else "supernatural."

His NDE started with the typical traveling-through-a-tunnel-toward-a bright-light scenario. He told us he heard carnival :shrug: music, like the sound of an old-fashioned calliope, and saw a large number of people gathered in what looked like a pretty park edged by a forest and with lots of very bright flowers. The people were mainly starngers, but he also saw his deceased mother, sister and nephew in the crowd. The people were dressed in "normal" (i.e., everyday) clothes. He could hear laughter and conversation but couldn't make out the words. That's all ... because he was resusitated pretty quickly.

Oh yeah, there was no figure in a white robe or anything of the sort that could have been taken for jesus or anything religious. (Perhaps this is not surprising as my father, a lifelong Methodist, had a sort of death-bed deconversion earlier in the day when he told me that after giving it a lot of thought, he had decided the bible could not possibly be true unless god is, as he put it, a "giant, cosmic ego, in which case I want nothing to do with it." Made me proud of the old man.)

Anyway, even though I think there's nothing about an NDE that can't be explained as the natural, biological functions of a dying brain, I'm glad my father had one and was able to come back and tell us about it. If the last thing a person experiences before the oblivion of death is a pleasant scene, that is eternity for them, and close enough to heaven for me.

Most of us say or believe tht god isnt real cause he sends ppl to hell 4 eternity nd calls himself a god of love.

No we don't, fuck you for trivializing the reasons people don't believe.

Ricky's an ExC whose home is in Africa. He struggles with a lot of ideas he's been exposed to in his culture and is trying to sort them out here. You may want to consider cutting him a little slack?

I will say to Ricky that the new typing using chatroom shortcuts doesn't work in a forum. You should try your best to type out the whole words. It's really hard to follow that and it's not necessary.

To answer your question Ricky, there is not one reason why everyone left Christianity. The simplest general reason would be because it didn't work for us anymore. That can be anywhere from it not satisfying our rational minds, to having be victimized by those who were leaders, to finding no emotional connection with it. It's not just the hell thing for me, but that's part of it. That's just one example of how contradictory the whole system is.

The whole NDE thing is as others say, a biological brain-fart that happens that goes beyond your normal sort of daily event. People fill in the gaps with their mind with dream like images to try to understand what is happening to them. The Hindu may see Krishna, the Christian Jesus, etc. or it could just be any number of images from one's life. It's a brain thing.

Have you ever wondered if maybe the ideas of God and an afterlife came from Shamans who had mystical experiences like these and created the whole basis for our ideas of heaven? Afterlife ideas didn't come from a God, they came from people. All that can be said is they had some kind of experience. What makes how humans "read" that experience something that is real? It's an experience, nothing more.

Sorry guys abt the spelling.No, my spelling isnt that Bad.I spend a lot of time on the cell phone internet WAP, so i tend to type in that language or whatever u wana call it. WAP Language/ dialect.

Sorry guys abt the spelling.No, my spelling isnt that Bad.I spend a lot of time on the cell phone internet WAP, so i tend to type in that language or whatever u wana call it. WAP Language/ dialect.

lol...I thought somebody ripped all of the vowels off of your keyboard. :P

I think that you shouldnt worry yourself too much on the NDEs. Worry about your life. Whatever happens when you die will happen to you whether you know what it is or not. Leave it for a surprise! :grin:

You were the kid that snuck downstairs to peak in presents early, werent you? :HaHa:

Thnx. 1 of my close friends always says - We should make the best of the life we have on earth here and now. Its too short to spend ur time trying to find answers u'll maby never find. Im kinda starting to have develop that mind set nw. Enjoy life.

Thnx. 1 of my close friends always says - We should make the best of the life we have on earth here and now. Its too short to spend ur time trying to find answers u'll maby never find. Im kinda starting to have develop that mind set nw. Enjoy life.

You sound like you have a wise friend.

Ricky, this issue has come up before...although the mystical-spiritual types get a kick out of keeping this NDE issue in the realm of the mysterious, medically we've pretty much accepted that NDE's are actually a dream state, induced by a lack of oxygen, glucose, or toxicity to the brain. The phenomenom doesn't occur in all cases, and it can be variable, from pleasant to terrifying, just like a nightmare. Don't concern yourself too much with it...as others have posted, it appears to be a natural thing some people have reported.

Ricky, I fail to understand why you don't switch to normal English spelling for forums now that you know people want it. It would just seem decent and respectful of you to do that.

I have a problem identifying with your problems if I have to spend so much energy diciphering what words you might be referring to.

English is not my first language, either, but if I wrote in my first language then nobody would understand me. If I used cultural terms from my native culture then nobody would understand me, either. It is more important for me to be understood than to push my language and culture on the rest of the world.

I haven't a clue what WAP is. I guess if you refuse to speak a language the rest of us understand (without twisting our brains into migraines) then maybe your need for help isn't all that great.

medically we've pretty much accepted that NDE's are actually a dream state, induced by a lack of oxygen, glucose, or toxicity to the brain. The phenomenom doesn't occur in all cases, and it can be variable, from pleasant to terrifying, just like a nightmare.

Piprus, is there also a medical explanation of this sort why some of us get "visions" or "messages" that seem to come from outside our own brains?

In those cases where I don't bring on "religious experiences" at will, it tends to happen when I am severely distressed emotionally. Strange things can also happen when I am experiencing euphoria. This would seem to indicate it is most likely to happen to me when in extreme emotional states. So I'm curious where it comes from or what causes it.

The "messages" from outside my own brain also tend to come at opportune times. For example, I am seriously concerned about a certain problem in my life that needs to be addressed and I haven't a clue how to go about it then suddenly this brilliant idea hits me from seemingly outside my own brain. But other times it's just a random idea that hits me and works ever so wonderfully. But not all such "bright ideas" are so bright when examined in the light of day.

I just don't know what to make of all this. Not that it's a serious problem. Nor do I believe it is evidence of God as I once did. It's just something that happens.

Guest Jackson Queens
For example, I am seriously concerned about a certain problem in my life that needs to be addressed and I haven't a clue how to go about it then suddenly this brilliant idea hits me from seemingly outside my own brain

This happens to me all the time, too! As far as I'm concerned, this type of thing is proof positive that there's a God. And sometimes, like, I'll close all my windows before I leave the house, and when I come home they're open and the curtains are blowing in the wind. What's that about if not God.

Also I'm constantly losing my keys, but I am very sharp in every other area of my life. I never forget phone numbers, names or faces. But I always forget where I put my keys. I have decided after many years of prayer that this is probably an act of God, to humble me as I attempt to rush about making my plans happen.

I think NDEs are real because I had one when I was a 9. My dad and I were canoing and we came upon a tight spot in the river that was choked by a deadfall. We tried to maneuver around it but the current was too strong and the boat hit the trees sideways putting us perpendicular to the currents, which quickly capsized us and pulled me under the deadfall. I remember frantically clutching at any branch in my reach, and seeing in slow motion my father's hand reaching for me through the water, his silhouette limned in light. Then the light behind him grew ever brighter until blindingly white, and the next thing I could see I was slowly rising from the deadfall watching my father pull me out of the water and set me in the righted canoe.

I had a feeling of bliss and perfect peace as I watched my father give me cpr on a nearby bank until I felt a hand on my shoulder and the light grew bright again and the next thing I knew I was coughing up water, looking up at my crying father.

There is a God. There is an afterlife. I am proof.