Goodbye Jesus

Why Do Christians Have Health Insurance?

EdwardAbbey

... Abraham said if they will not be presuaded by the prophets, they will not be persuaded by someone coming back from the death. ...

Abraham was an idiot then, because I'm pretty sure if my father came back from the dead with a message for me, even an agnostic such as myself would sit up and take notice,

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Scott

• nick5

• J.S.

• KT45

Top Posters In This Topic

(Mods, I KNOW that this is in the Colosseum, but some things just HAVE to be said! My apologies...)

Just so. Scott, you are an intellectually dishonest nitwit. Go join Amy Marie and pretend to suck on Jesus' balls.

You SAY that you are here to LEARN, but you stubbornly and ridiculously deny all the proof, evidence and rational arguments we present with a cavalier dismissal of your hand, simply because we successfully debunk your faith. You've presented NO counter-arguments. You've presented no evidence to support your claims that "these people in the video" are wrong.

You just plug your ears (or if you're into yoga, you shove your head up your ass) and pretend that you can't see what we're saying.

Fine. Be that way. You've only succeeded in proving that YOU are a liar. You said you were here to have open and honest discourse. You said you were here to learn from us.

You're full of shit. You just want to know what arguments we have so you can better learn how to avoid them. Fuck you, Scott. You're a typical fundie brat and an idiot. I was right not to waste any time on you. :loser:

I am here to learn why you are exchristians, nothing more. I am not questioning my beliefs, so why would I listen to a person who is blinded to the truth? No, I am not a liar. I told the truth about why I was here, like I tell the truth about Jesus. You have no proof that Christianity is bogus, yet we have prophecy to prove, as the Bible says, we are in the last days before Jesus Christ Himself returns to this earth in judgment.

yet we have prophecy to prove, as the Bible says, we are in the last days before Jesus Christ Himself returns to this earth in judgment.

I'm all ears Scott. PROVE IT! Hard dates and times or shut the fuck up about it you jerk off!

And while you're at it why don't you answer my last posting too (#23) you fucking pussy!

mwc

P.S. I'm editing my post to show I see you reading this topic Scotty. Hi Scott! Now don't punk out and run away.

Dates? The Bible doesn't give any dates. We don't even know the "date" that Jesus will return? We can know the times though. Why would I run away? I have no cause. I'll give you the prophecies in my next post. I know what is prophesied, I just need to look up the actual Scriptures.

I am here to learn why you are exchristians, nothing more. I am not questioning my beliefs, so why would I listen to a person who is blinded to the truth? No, I am not a liar. I told the truth about why I was here, like I tell the truth about Jesus. You have no proof that Christianity is bogus, yet we have prophecy to prove, as the Bible says, we are in the last days before Jesus Christ Himself returns to this earth in judgment.

Scott, you are the very definition of a liar and you're a disingenuous idiot.

We have MORE than provided proof and evidence that Christianity is bogus. YOU, like your idiot brethren, simply close your eyes, plug your ears and claim that we haven't. You don't have prophecy that proves anything. You have wishful thinking. You have empty and regurgitated apologetics that your masters have spoonfed you, and couldn't "prove" any of them if your life depended on it. (Go ahead. TRY IT.)

I restate my suggestion to you: GET BENT. Your religion is nothing but mythology and superstitious fear and you're gullible enough to believe it. Just like the idiots who killed themselves because their RELIGION told them there was a Mother Ship waiting to receive them behind the Hale-Bopp comet.

I would pity you, but you've deliberately chosen to be an idiot. Therefore, I give you instead my utter contempt. You're an IDIOT. You're not interested in ANYTHING we have to say, so you should NOT be here. Begone and enjoy your delusion with the other idiots.

Dates? The Bible doesn't give any dates. We don't even know the "date" that Jesus will return? We can know the times though. Why would I run away? I have no cause. I'll give you the prophecies in my next post. I know what is prophesied, I just need to look up the actual Scriptures.

Scott, before you continue with these prophecies, could you tell me if you believe that the Bible is inerrant and infallible? And is the Bible to be read literally on all accounts?

Just curious. I want to know this about you as you begin your defense with Biblical prophecy.

I am here to learn why you are exchristians, nothing more.

We've told you that already. there are plenty of replies to you that say why we aren't christians anymore. So now you know. But you still stay. You are a liar. You're not here because you want to know why we are exchristians because we told you. If u wanted to know why we don't follow your cult then mission accomplished, you can leave since you now know. Scott tell us why you are really here.

Question: Why do YOU think we are exchristians since we obviously don't know?

I've heard some of his videos before. He knows nothing about the Bible. Do you really think God will be commanded by the will of men? Is God a magician, that He performs little tricks at our request, such us, making dice come up all six's with a prayer? That devalue's prayer and is insulting to God.

Scott, that's not any atheist or ex-christians assertion that God hears and does all prayers, it is Christians themselves who say it.

Can you tell me what is the criteria for why God chooses one request over another? If you say "his will" I would like to know how you know this. From all accounts by Christians, God is omnipotent and therefore so is his will. This being the case, how can you say, with any certianity would God may or may not do? Also, if God keeps his promises (as I have heard it said) then he is limited to himself, which means he is not omnipotent once again.

Anyway, just provide an objective metric of how and why God chooses to fullfill one prayer over another. Use the Bible if you must.

Is it me, or are you really saying "I am here to learn about why you left the faith, but I'n mot going to listen to why you left the faith"? There in is the problem Scott. You are unwilling to accept anything we say as being a legitimate reasons for us to reject the beliefs you hold. So then why are you here?

I know I'm wasting my time with you as you ignore all the tougher questions that people raise, myself included, but alas I still want to believe that somewhere inside you, you haven't sold your mind to others completely.

You have proof because of prophecy. Didn't we already go down this road and you ignored my responses? Why going here again Scott? Is this you trying to convince yourself you actually have a leg to stand on? Me thinks this is evident.

Go ahead, impress me.

Oh and one more thing, Scott, before you make your valiant attempt to use prophecy to prove your case, you should read what the majority JEWISH community thinks of your faith and prophecy.

Jewish Faith Strengthened.

Of course, if you read it, you won't like it, you'll disagree with it, and claim that they (and we) are "blinded by Satan". So, why do I bother to provide the link? Just to prove, once again, that we have answers to refute your position. Whether you like it or not. Whether you are willing to be honest or not -- answers that refute your religion are there!

You may now return to your anal yoga exercises that you love so much.

Is it me, or are you really saying "I am here to learn about why you left the faith, but I'n mot going to listen to why you left the faith"? There in is the problem Scott. You are unwilling to accept anything we say as being a legitimate reasons for us to reject the beliefs you hold. So then why are you here?

:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Hello????????? Is there anybody in there???????????

Blinded to the truth?????? Ohhhh, those are fightin' words Scott. Notice my avatar. Nice, blinded little fundamental fellow isn't he? Can't see a damn thing other than what other people have told him what the bible says. Fundamentalists are a blight to humanity and a blight to all existence. I am no longer blinded by that blight, young man. The people here aren't either. You, and others like you, are the ones that exclude everyone else from your little rotting box of theology. Yes, it is rotting, but like anything that dies, what is left will be fertilized by it and will be beautiful.

The truth about Jesus??? You have no idea the truth about Jesus. If you did, you wouldn't be spouting the crap that you do all over these forums. Grow up and realize that you cannot, no way, CANNOT contain God in your mind because you think he is contained in a story. You are nothing but a Pharisee Scott worshipping the words of men. THE WORDS ARE NOT GOD! Get over yourself.

That's what I thought or rather what I KNEW.

I'm going to give you a little head start on your project. Here's a few previous predictions (http://www.abhota.info/end1.htm):

[sorry for the formatting]

ca. 2800 BC According to Isaac Asimov's Book of Facts (1979), an Assyrian clay tablet dating to approximately 2800 BC was unearthed bearing the words "Our earth is degenerate in these latter days. There are signs that the world is speedily coming to an end. Bribery and corruption are common." This is one of the earliest examples of the perception of moral decay in society being interpreted as a sign of the imminent end.

634 BC Apocalyptic thinking gripped many ancient cultures, including the Romans. Early in Rome's history, many Romans feared that the city would be destroyed in the 120th year of its founding. There was a myth that 12 eagles had revealed to Romulus a mystical number representing the lifetime of Rome, and some early Romans hypothesized that each eagle represented 10 years. The Roman calendar was counted from the founding of Rome, 1 AUC (ab urbe condita) being 753 BC. Thus 120 AUC is 634 BC. (Thompson p.19)

389 BC Some Romans figured that the mystical number revealed to Romulus represented the number of days in a year (the Great Year concept), so they expected Rome to be destroyed around 365 AUC (389 BC). (Thompson p.19)

1st Century Jesus said, "Verily I say unto you, there be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom." (Matthew 16:28) This implies that the Second Coming would return within the lifetime of his contemporaries, and indeed the Apostles expected Jesus to return before the passing of their generation.

ca. 70 The Essenes, a sect of Jewish ascetics with apocalyptic beliefs, may have seen the Jewish revolt against the Romans in 66-70 as the final end-time battle. (Source: PBS Frontline special Apocalypse!)

2nd Century The Montanists believed that Christ would come again within their lifetimes and establish a new Jerusalem at Pepuza, in the land of Phrygia. Montanism was perhaps the first bona fide Christian doomsday cult. It was founded ca. 156 AD by the tongues-speaking prophet Montanus and two followers, Priscilla and Maximilla. Despite the failure of Jesus to return, the cult lasted for several centuries. Tertullian, who once said "I believe it just because it is unbelievable" (a true skeptic if ever there was one!), was perhaps the most renowned Montanist. (Gould p.43-44)

247 Rome celebrated its thousandth anniversary this year. At the same time, the Roman government dramatically increased its persecution of Christians, so much so that many Christians believed that the End had arrived. (Source: PBS Frontline special Apocalypse!)

365 Hilary of Poitiers predicted the world would end in 365. (Source: Ontario Consultants on Religious Tolerance)

380 The Donatists, a North African Christian sect headed by Tyconius, looked forward to the world ending in 380. (Source: American Atheists)

Late 4th Century St. Martin of Tours (ca. 316-397) wrote, "There is no doubt that the Antichrist has already been born. Firmly established already in his early years, he will, after reaching maturity, achieve supreme power." (Abanes p.119)

500 * Roman theologian Sextus Julius Africanus (ca. 160-240) claimed that the End would occur 6000 years after the Creation. He assumed that there were 5531 years between the Creation and the Resurrection, and thus expected the Second Coming to take place no later than 500 AD. (Kyle p.37, McIver #21)

* Hippolytus (died ca. 236), believing that Christ would return 6000 years after the Creation, anticipated the Parousia in 500 AD. (Abanes p.283)

* The theologian Irenaeus, influenced by Hippolytus's writings, also saw 500 as the year of the Second Coming. (Abanes p.283, McIver #15)

Looks like people have been predicting the end before jesus even came around but then they really picked up the pace (with the evil he unleashed I'm not too surprised). So which "end time" prophecies will you be "PROVING" to all of us? Let me guess? The "jesus" one, right? That's a very popular one, and someone has to get it right, so why not Scott? Don't let all these other failed predictions get you down Scott. The world is gonna end in some supernatural way. We both know it.

mwc

Prayer is not bullshit. God hears prayer.

Now, it wouldn't actually be us who do it, but if we use the name of Jesus and go by the power of the Holy Spirit, we can do anything, if it be the will of the Father.

Scott, I'll give you a test. Pray that I become a Christian 3 days after you read this.

I listened to that video. I've seen those videos before. It proves absolutely nothing.

Day 01 Scott. What too chicken? And if your too chicken, you know my soul is likely to be thrown in hell. Where's your Christian sense of compassion?

My Christian sense of compassion?? You are asking me to make prayer, the Bible, and God Almighty a joke! No, I will not do that.

Do you think I'm blind? I can see you have been laughing. You are laughing at the truth just like St. Peter said you would. I don't really care if you all think this is a joke or not, especially a sick, twisted, deceived, blind soul like yourself, Nick5

Do you think I'm blind? I can see you have been laughing. You are laughing at the truth just like St. Peter said you would. I don't really care if you all think this is a joke or not, especially a sick, twisted, deceived, blind soul like yourself, Nick5

I think that people may have been laughing at you Scott. But I don't think that they have been laughing at the truth. You and the truth are not one. Do you understand what I am saying? Let me repeat... You, Scott, and the Truth are not the same.

Exactly.

Scott, you're the sick and twisted one. You will never know the truth for as long as you worship a sadistic demon named jesus christ.

We've been laughing at you because you're a joke and a retard, not because we're "evil".

PS. we also know that you don't really have pubic hair.

Nick, you will never know the truth as long as you deny Jesus Christ. I mean, come on! That picture on your signature is evil. You have no idea what the truth is, and it is quite possilbe, you never will.

I mean, come on! That picture on your signature is evil.

It's a biblical scene. Of course it's evil. It's jesus, you idiot.

You have no idea what the truth is, and it is quite possilbe, you never will.

The truth is Jesus is a made up character.

Nick, you are the meaning of stupidity. Do a little historical study. Whether Jesus was the Son of God or not {and He is}, He was an actual figure in history.

Scott- care to give us one single NON-BIBLE historical citation of Jesus of Nazareth? Just one?

It's common knowledge that Jesus of Nazareth existed. There is no way He could have had such a following if He never even existed.

Nick, you are the meaning of stupidity.

Yeah, in the same way Jesus is the meaning of truth :lmao:

Whether Jesus was the Son of God or not {and He is}

No, he isn't

He was an actual figure in history.

Proof please?

It's common knowledge that Jesus of Nazareth existed.

Nazareth didn't even exist during that time period, idiot.

There is no way He could have had such a following if He never even existed.

Why not? Oh yeah, because you just made up this pathetic excuse right now... please, stop trying to use logic, you suck at it.

There never was just one Christianity. Out of the milieu of religiosity that infected the Roman world, dozens of competing and conflicting Jesus/Sun-god/Mystery cults emerged. The first believers in Jesus maintained he was an ethereal spirit, much like other sky/sun-gods. Only later did he acquire a human death, a human life and finally a human birth. The composite 'Jesus Christ' character – god, man, king, carpenter, conqueror, peace-maker, dispenser of justice, advocate of love – was assembled to try and unify a fragmented and fractious messianic religious movement. In the mid-2nd century the Jewishness of the faith was purged but apologists had little to say about a human Jesus. They took comfort in noting similarities between their own ideas and pagan myths. The Christians remained a minority until well after one particular faction formed a political alliance with the Roman State. The orthodox creed remained unpopular for centuries and persecution was necessary to impose its will.

http://jesusneverexisted.com/