Goodbye Jesus

Why Do Christians Have Health Insurance?

EdwardAbbey

Nick, you are the meaning of stupidity. Do a little historical study. Whether Jesus was the Son of God or not {and He is}, He was an actual figure in history.

It's common knowledge that Jesus of Nazareth existed. There is no way He could have had such a following if He never even existed.

Scott, just as many people believe in Mohammad's winged horse and/or that Krishna... that doesn't mean that they are/were real.

You're the one telling folks to "do a little historical study". All I'm asking for is ONE non-bible historical mention of Jesus of Nazareth. This shouldn't be difficult for you to find, now should it? I mean... you're not gonna stand by and let us call your Personal Savior a fraud because you're too LAZY to look up a simple historical citation, right? Hundreds of people read these boards every day... don't you want them to see the truth?

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Scott

• nick5

• J.S.

• KT45

Top Posters In This Topic

My Christian sense of compassion?? You are asking me to make prayer, the Bible, and God Almighty a joke! No, I will not do that.

Hmmm, so praying for my soul to become a Christian and accept Jesus and so that I don't end up an eternity of pain and torment in hell is a joke?

Honestly, if that's not worth praying for, then I don't know what it is. According to Christians all the suffering we do in life here is temporary anyway, until we get our perfect bodies in heaven, hanging with God and enjoying business class for eternity. So as a matter of scale, I think my soul would take precedence over someones limb or illness etc.

But that's a joke.

Again, thanks for the clarification.

All I'm asking for is ONE non-bible historical mention of Jesus of Nazareth. This shouldn't be difficult for you to find, now should it?

Yeah it should... because there are none because jesus isn't real

Hmmm, so praying for my soul to become a Christian and accept Jesus and so that I don't end up an eternity of pain and torment in hell is a joke?

Christians would think its a joke because they're nearly as heartless and cruel as the demon they worship.

All I'm asking for is ONE non-bible historical mention of Jesus of Nazareth. This shouldn't be difficult for you to find, now should it?

Yeah it should... because there are none because jesus isn't real

Christians would think its a joke because they're nearly as heartless and cruel as the demon they worship.

You sound like a spoiled little brat that didn't get his way in life so you got pissed off at God. Grow up! You also haven't done any studying on your own, you just believe what you are fed because you're "angwy at God :angry:". Also, even if you call God a demon, putting us in the same picture with Him is an H-O-N-O-U-R. When are you gonna get this? Take your head out of your ass and pay attention.

Yawn. Why don't you give us some proofs instead of making shit up? Oh yeah, because you don't have any, and you never will...

Also, even if you call God a demon, putting us in the same picture with Him is an H-O-N-O-U-R.

I'd rather burn on the giant barbecue than be around the giant sack of shit who designed it. He's not worthy of my presence.

He's also not real.

Take your head out of your ass and pay attention.

Says the little kid who thinks Jesus is real.

Now excuse me, I have a date with the toothfairy.

Grow up!

My pubic hair is longer than yours!

You sound like a spoiled little brat that didn't get his way in life so you got pissed off at God. Grow up! You also haven't done any studying on your own, you just believe what you are fed because you're "angwy at God :angry:". Also, even if you call God a demon, putting us in the same picture with Him is an H-O-N-O-U-R. When are you gonna get this? Take your head out of your ass and pay attention.

hey... HEY! Would Jesus talk like that??

Scott- Nick5 may or may not be 'paying attention', but I AM... would you mind giving me that single non-bible citation? Hell... it's your DUTY to witness to those 'lost' folks who may be reading this. Don't let them down by being lazy and coming up with some excuse. Let HIS light shine!

hey... HEY! Would Jesus talk like that??

Actually, he would. He's very arrogant.

And yeah, I'm paying attention. I'm still waiting for those non-biblical sources, too.Of course, I've been waiting for years, so I'm not holding my breath.

Oh, and Scott, don't make a fool of yourself by quoting Josephus. It's fake. The line was added afterwards.

Translation:

Your constant rejection of my testimony and beliefs is beginning to piss me off. I'm at a loss to know what else to say. If I were God, I would kill you right now.

Nick, you are guilty of the same pride as Satan. You think God is not worthy of you? He's not worthy of your presence? Give me a friggin' break! God is far beyond you, and he has every reason to crush you, just like he does everyone else. Nevertheless, He grants us a choice to follow Jesus, or suffer His judgment in Hell. His judgment is righteous. You say He is not worthy of you, then you say He is arrogant? Please, do grow up, you arrogant peice of worthless shit.

Nick, you are guilty of the same pride as Satan.

I'm not guilty of anything. You are guilty of being as naive as a 5 years old who thinks it was santa who put all those presents under the christmas tree. Grow up.

Oh, and yes, I'm proud of myself. I have every reason to be. I'm awesome. Anyone who doesn't agree can just fuck off.

You think God is not worthy of you? He's not worthy of your presence?

It's the truth. I don't commit mass murder, I don't torture innocents for eternity, I don't go around telling people to hate their families, I don't call people fools unless they really are fools (like you scott), I don't threaten little kids by telling them they'll go to hell if they don't believe in me.

I'm not a piece of shit like yaweh and jesus. They are evil, and without morals. They do not deserve the worship of an awesome person like me.

Actually your demon doesn't deserve the worship of anyone, not even a little ball-less boner biting piece of shit like you. Even YOU are worth more than those horrible characters.

Scott- I personally wouldn't use the word "worthy" regarding who may or may not hang with me... but I don't reckon that I want to spend time with a baby-killer either (Whether he's a god, man, dog, whatever).

Now, where's that non-bible historical reference?

:lmao:

This is good - another Jebus-freak trying the tough-guy approach. Bottom line is that Xians buy health insurance, buckle their seat belts, and know how to dial 911 because, in their heart of hearts, they know Jebus won't look out for them.

Jebus is all-powerful, all-loving, and all-knowing. Moreover, he has given promises in the Babble that he'd answer any prayer offered in his name, and to protect his fans. Based on this, Jebus should be all the insurance and protection a Xian needs. But every Xian instinctively knows this to be false. They know their god is a liar, and indeed, a lie.

Every act of attempting to ensure or preserve one's own life or saftey is an act of blasphemy therefore. It says that the Xian who partakes of such doesn't really trust Jebus, the one who gives the True Believer all the promises and assurances ever needed, right there in the Babble.

Xians trust in themselves and their fellow men more than in Jebus - and they all know it.

Nick, you are guilty of the same pride as Satan. You think God is not worthy of you? He's not worthy of your presence? Give me a friggin' break! God is far beyond you, and he has every reason to crush you, just like he does everyone else. Nevertheless, He grants us a choice to follow Jesus, or suffer His judgment in Hell. His judgment is righteous. You say He is not worthy of you, then you say He is arrogant? Please, do grow up, you arrogant peice of worthless shit.

Goddamn, bud... do you praise Jesus with that mouth?

Guess what he does to jesus with that mouth :eek:

but I don't reckon that I want to spend time with a baby-killer either (

I bet he's gonna tell you god doesn't kill babies, even though he clearly did with the first borns of egypt and on various other occasions, and lets women have miscarriages all the time (an all powerful being is just as guilty if he lets something die as if he had killed it himself), and will have them tortured in hell for eternity because they never had the chance to accept jeebus in their heart :loser:

Actually, I've changed my position a bit.

So dude, are you actually going to present some non-biblical evidence or are you going to continue making useless post to stall the topic?

By all means, then... elaborate!

It's common knowledge that Jesus of Nazareth existed. There is no way He could have had such a following if He never even existed.

This is laughable! anybody can write a fictional story about some imaginary character who had a big following.

Santa Claus has a very hugh following too. Eventually these little people outgrow their belief in Santa.

Eventually you too will outgrow belief in your imaginary friend: Jayzuz

:fdevil:

The more I think about it, the more I see that I have been fed Christianity all my life. I can find no valid reasons to believe in it, aside from what I feel was God in my life and that I was raised to believe in it. I guess I would call myself a spiritual Christian but a mental agnostic. In my spirit I believe that Christianity is true, but I have no facts or intellectual evidence to back up my claims. I am not saying that I am denying Jesus, the Bible, or the existence of God in anyway. I am saying that I need more intellectual proof for the claims of the Bible. I hope that describes what I'm trying to say.

The more I think about it, the more I see that I have been fed Christianity all my life. I can find no valid reasons to believe in it, aside from what I feel was God in my life and that I was raised to believe in it. I guess I would call myself a spiritual Christian but a mental agnostic. In my spirit I believe that Christianity is true, but I have no facts or intellectual evidence to back up my claims. I am not saying that I am denying Jesus, the Bible, or the existence of God in anyway. I am saying that I need more intellectual proof for the claims of the Bible. I hope that describes what I'm trying to say.

Scott, I applaud your honesty. Well done!

I agree with Legion here, Scott. Not many people are capable of being honest with themselves... and I congradulate you for doing it.

Now I know that you're afraid to deny Jesus, etc... as he threatens to eternally punish you for something as simple and honest as doubt. But I'll submit that you don't really have a choice here. You can't honestly CHOOSE what you will or will not believe- all you can do is look at the evidence and your feelings on the matter, and form an honest opinion. Trying to convince yourself that you believe something is NOT the same thing as believing it. So if you can't intellectually justify your belief in Jesus... then how can you justify it at all?

I agree with Legion here, Scott. Not many people are capable of being honest with themselves... and I congradulate you for doing it.

Now I know that you're afraid to deny Jesus, etc... as he threatens to eternally punish you for something as simple and honest as doubt. But I'll submit that you don't really have a choice here. You can't honestly CHOOSE what you will or will not believe- all you can do is look at the evidence and your feelings on the matter, and form an honest opinion. Trying to convince yourself that you believe something is NOT the same thing as believing it. So if you can't intellectually justify your belief in Jesus... then how can you justify it at all?

It's not that I'm afraid to deny Jesus. In my spirit I feel love for Him. You're right, I can't, at least not right now, intellectually justify my belief in Jesus. That's what I meant when I said my spirit believes in Him. I have felt His presence so much in my life. I have felt His presence around me, and through the testimonies of others. Although my mind doubts it and wonders if it's true, my spirit believes it with no trouble.

I guess you'd better hope that Jesus is willing to split hair regarding what constitutes "belief", then. 'Cause if Jesus is real, and your 'belief' isn't up to snuff... then he's gonna burn you just like Nick5's baby.

BTW- according to the bible, you'd BETTER be afraid to deny Jesus... for your own sake! Christianity is based on a little bit of hope and a shitload of fear:

Leviticus 25:17

Thou shalt fear thy God:for I am the LORD your God.

Deuteronomy 6:2

That thou mightest fear the LORD thy God, to keep all his statutes and his commandments.

Deuteronomy 6:13, 10:20

Thou shalt fear the LORD thy God.

Deuteronomy 6:24

And the LORD commanded us to do all these statutes, to fear the LORD our God.

Deuteronomy 10:12

And now, Israel, what doth the LORD thy God require of thee, but to fear the LORD thy God.

Deuteronomy 31:12

Gather the people together, men and women, and children, and thy stranger that is within thy gates, that they may hear, and that they may learn, and fear the LORD your God.

Deuteronomy 31:13

And that their children, which have not known any thing, may hear, and learn to fear the LORD your God.

Joshua 4:24

That all the people of the earth might know the hand of the LORD, that it is mighty: that ye might fear the LORD your God for ever.

Joshua 24:14

Fear the Lord ... and put away the gods which your fathers served.

1 Samuel 12:14

If ye will fear the LORD, and serve him, and obey his voice, and not rebel against the commandment of the LORD, then shall both ye and also the king that reigneth over you continue following the LORD your God:

1 Samuel 12:24

Fear the Lord.

2 Kings 17:39

But the LORD your God ye shall fear; and he shall deliver you out of the hand of all your enemies.

1 Chronicles 16:25

The Lord ... is to be feared above all gods.

Job 28:28

The fear of the LORD, that is wisdom.

Psalm 19:9

The fear of the LORD is clean, enduring for ever.

Psalm 25:14

The secret of the LORD is with them that fear him.

Psalm 33:8

Let all the earth fear the LORD.

Psalm 33:18

The eye of the LORD is upon them that fear him.

Psalm 34:9

O fear the LORD, ye his saints: for there is no want to them that fear him.

Psalm 96:4

For the LORD is great, and greatly to be praised: he is to be feared above all gods.

Psalm 103:11

Great is his mercy toward them that fear him.

Psalm 103:13

The LORD pitieth them that fear him.

Psalm 03:17

But the mercy of the LORD is from everlasting to everlasting upon them that fear him.

Psalm 111:10

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom.

Psalm 112:1

Blessed is the man that feareth the LORD.

Psalm 115:13

He will bless them that fear the LORD.

Psalm 128:1

Blessed is every one that feareth the LORD.

Psalm 47:11

The LORD taketh pleasure in them that fear him.

Proverbs 1:7

The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge

Proverbs 22:4

By humility and the fear of the LORD are riches, and honour, and life.

Proverbs 24:21

My son, fear thou the LORD.

Ecclesiates 5:7

For in the multitude of dreams and many words there are also divers vanities: but fear thou God.

Ecclesiastes 12:13

Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.

Isaiah 8:13

Sanctify the LORD of hosts himself; and let him be your fear, and let him be your dread.

Jeremaih 5:22

Fear ye not me? saith the LORD: will ye not tremble at my presence?

Matthew 10:28, Luke 12:5

Fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Luke 1:50

And his mercy is on them that fear him from generation to generation.

2 Corinthians 7:1

Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.

Ephesians 5:21

Submitting yourselves one to another in the fear of God.

Colossians 3:22

Servants, obey in all thingsyour masters according to the flesh; not with eyeservice, as menpleasers; but in singleness of heart, fearing God.

Hebrews 10:31

It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

1 Peter 2:17

Honour all men. Love the brotherhood. Fear God.

Revelation 14:7

Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come:

It's not that I'm afraid to deny Jesus. In my spirit I feel love for Him. You're right, I can't, at least not right now, intellectually justify my belief in Jesus. That's what I meant when I said my spirit believes in Him. I have felt His presence so much in my life. I have felt His presence around me, and through the testimonies of others. Although my mind doubts it and wonders if it's true, my spirit believes it with no trouble.

That sounds like the old punishment/reward thing. If you believe, you go to heaven, if you don't you go to hell. That in itself is a good reason not to believe in christianity.

Casey

I'm amazed. Wow!

You know Scott, for many of us we have been where you are right now. I would say think about what you believe, not what others tell you to believe, but what YOU Scott believe. Read lots of books, learn, and ask questions.