Goodbye Jesus

How Is Christianity Reasonable

Celsus

[*]A talking snake tempted the mother of all humanity and she tempted the father of all humanity and thus they sinned.

[*]All humans are thus tainted with the original sin, instigated by a talking snake.

[*]God fathered a son by a human woman, who is also the same god as his father.

Bruce

Where did the bible ever say it was a snake?

You're right! It doesn't say snake, it says "serpent"....

Genesis 3:1 Now the serpent was more crafty than any of the wild animals the LORD God had made. He said to the woman, "Did God really say, 'You must not eat from any tree in the garden'?"

Well, that just clarifies everything and makes me question leaving the faith...not.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Grandpa Harley

• GraphicsGuy

• Brother Jeff

• Evolution_beyond

By saying "serpent" the Babble might as well have said "snake" - behold the mighty thesaurus.

By positing talking animals or reptiles of any sort as factual, the Babble makes a ridiculous claim that alone practically quashes any respectability one could hope to assign it. Since it is taught as a book of facts, not a book of anecdotes, the Babble is easily proven fallacious.

Snakes/serpents don't talk, neither do burning bushes, and there are no dragons or unicorns or what have you, for there is no archeological evidence any such being existed. Nor is there evidence for the existence of Jebus of Nazareth, hence the Babble is full of crapola.

So there :P

[*]A talking snake tempted the mother of all humanity and she tempted the father of all humanity and thus they sinned.

[*]All humans are thus tainted with the original sin, instigated by a talking snake.

[*]God fathered a son by a human woman, who is also the same god as his father.

Bruce

You're right! It doesn't say snake, it says "serpent"....

Genesis 3:1 Now the serpent was more crafty than any of the wild animals the LORD God had made. He said to the woman, "Did God really say, 'You must not eat from any tree in the garden'?"
Well, that just clarifies everything and makes me question leaving the faith...not.

Whats the purpose of your question?

The God who made everything; all of a sudden cant make a serpant that can talk.

Nor is there evidence for the existence of Jesus of Nazareth

If you could only find them bones!

I think it's allegorical. The serpent represents wisdom. It was a time when mankind became self-aware and sought knowledge in worldy things turning away from spirit. Nothing but a story of the state of mankind. If read literally, the story is absurd. If read allegorically, it is very enlightening.

"Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves" (Matthew 10:16)

Wow, revelation! Since we don't have the bones of Jesus, this PROVES the resurrection! Such simple logic, I can't fathom why it escaped me all these years! Thanks!

Wow, revelation! Since we don't have the bones of Jesus, this PROVES the resurrection! Such simple logic, I can't fathom why it escaped me all these years! Thanks!

Maybe there could be some way for the Christians who come here to know that we used to be Christians as soon as they see the site. Like, say...I don't know...perhaps, the name of the site. Maybe, just maybe, it would help them understand that we not only have heard all the schtick before, but we have, at one time, believed it all and now we don't.

For instance, the empty tomb, now there's something not too many Christians know about. It must be a teaching of one of those fringe groups of Christianity. It's not like it's part of the main core doctrine of the religion.

Is this some kind of code?

Precisely - no bones, no contemporary accounts of his life or deeds, no remaining physical evidence that a living being would leave behind. No smoke means no fire.

Is this some kind of code?

Yes - the secret code of people who can't make a semi-rational statement.

Maybe there could be some way for the Christians who come here to know that we used to be Christians as soon as they see the site. Like, say...I don't know...perhaps, the name of the site. Maybe, just maybe, it would help them understand that we not only have heard all the schtick before, but we have, at one time, believed it all and now we don't.

For instance, the empty tomb, now there's something not too many Christians know about. It must be a teaching of one of those fringe groups of Christianity. It's not like it's part of the main core doctrine of the religion.

If you could find the Bones of Jesus it would prove that he is a liar, since you where not there and didnt see his assention and now cant find his bones, just leaves you in limbo in searching for "what is truth". You can choose to believe skeptics, you can believe ancient writings, you can believe the bible, you can believe darwin, you can believe plato, socratees, Origen, you can believe the modern day Judas's, but what is truth without the bones of Jesus Christ? Simply put if you had the bones of Jesus then you would know he's a fraud.

If you could find the Bones of Jesus it would prove that he is a liar, since you where not there and didnt see his assention and now cant find his bones, just leaves you in limbo in searching for "what is truth". You can choose to believe skeptics, you can believe ancient writings, you can believe the bible, you can believe darwin, you can believe plato, socratees, Origen, you can believe the modern day Judas's, but what is truth without the bones of Jesus Christ? Simply put if you had the bones of Jesus then you would know he's a fraud.

At least that would be proof he existed. We don't have that yet mate!

The point we have been making is that Jesus is a myth. Myths do not have bones, just like unicorns and fairy's don't have bones. There is no evidence outside of the Bible that Jesus ever existed. Fictional characters only exist in books and imaginations.

The point we have been making is that Jesus is a myth. Myths do not have bones, just like unicorns and fairy's don't have bones. There is no evidence outside of the Bible that Jesus ever existed. Fictional characters only exist in books and imaginations.

Theres plenty of evidence you just arent looking and couldnt endure it if you did see it.

At least that would be proof he existed. We don't have that yet mate!

Theres plenty of proof you just reject to see it and cannot endure sound doctrine

Japeth, you are avoiding Bruce's analysis of Christianity. Care to tackle that? Since it seems you have a very good handle on proof here (as asserted above), perhaps you'll be able to reason out the absurdities of your religion as such that Bruce has identified.

WTF? Is he serious?

I see, you must be that rarest of breeds, the "TRUE CHRISTIAN". Well thankfully you're here to set us all straight. By all means, if you have "plenty of proof" and "sound doctrines" present them.

All sarcasm aside though, what have you got? You say we weren't there and can't know, neither can you. No bones proves he wasn't a fraud? All that proves is that we haven't found any bones, eveything else is just your interpretation...kind of like the bible.

But please, and in all seriousness, if you really think you've got something conclusive, present it. Let us touch the wounds and know the "TRUTH"...

Theres plenty of evidence you just arent looking and couldnt endure it if you did see it.

No there isn't.

Rather, you don't want to look at the evidence against Jebus. Perhaps you can't endure it?

My Anti-Jebus Links.

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

OMG! Who is this? Come on, which one of the members is spoofing here?

Alright, on the outside chance you are real and genuinely think this reasoning has any value, where's Noah's Ark? Is there a missing book in the Bible that says the boat was resurrected? Since it doesn't, according to your simple line of reasoning there should be PROOF it existed. Since we don't have any, therefore it is a lie and you believe in lies.

Add it up kid. The entire evidence for you faith is the book which sells it. That's pretty weak. You are right about one thing, I do choose what to believe. I choose to put my confidence in things which don't involve Water-Walking Flying Messiah Men, Magic Manna food with an invisible multitude of Hebrews who spent 40 years in a specific area of the desert without leaving one single trace in the real world where real humans live, seven-eyed lambs, talking serpants, etc, etc. Ignoring evidence you say? How about ignoring your mind?

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

OMG! Who is this? Come on, which one of the members is spoofing here?

Alright, on the outside chance you are real and genuinely think this reasoning has any value, where's Noah's Ark? Is there a missing book in the Bible that says the boat was resurrected? Since it doesn't, according to your simple line of reasoning there should be PROOF it existed. Since we don't have any, therefore it is a lie and you believe in lies.

Now Antlerman, if the bible said that Jesus said it and Japeth thinks the bible is always true, then it must be true because...well...someone said so.

You have to use that fundy logic don't ya know?

Jesus is the only "fleshy" (along with a few saints) in heaven and they are partying on the wooden ark. So, all these bones buried in the earth are waiting to be taken to heaven. I wonder which it is? Does just the soul go to heaven or does the body and the soul go to heaven? There are a couple of different concepts of this in their religion alone. The body and the soul has to wait until judgement day, or the soul goes to heaven without the body. I guess they will get their body later, although that is kinda gross. ;)

Does just the soul go to heaven or does the body and the soul go to heaven? There are a couple of different concepts of this in their religion alone. The body and the soul has to wait until judgement day, or the soul goes to heaven without the body. I guess they will get their body later, although that is kinda gross. ;)

But what if I don't want a body? What if I just want to float around as some disembodied thing?

Also, why exactly would we need a body anyway? Are we planning to work the ground for food? Do we need hands for something? Are we going to be procreating, (or at least just enjoying the exercise of that act), and need reproductive-type organs included? Are we going to be attacking other body-based beings and need to be able to swing swords and fire heavenly bullets from our god-guns, or fly at them in our Messiah jets? I don't get it. Why bodies? Where does that idea come from?

You know, the more I look at this, the more it all seems so.... anthropomorphic. Is this what they mean by "primitive" religion?

God-guns...hehehe. :HaHa:

I am staring in disbelief still at this statement. A being is not an individual?

The Holy Farter is an individual, He's just not the same Person as the Magic Sky Man, although along with the Holy Spook they are all somehow magically Each Other.

BTW, it's great to see you around here, Madame M! Glory! :)

The bible even goes on to further explain this miraculous salvation through water baptism.

The bible doesn't teach salvation through water baptism. It teaches salvation through magical thinking about Jesus Kryasst or works, or a combination of magical thinking and works. Works, magical thinking, magical thinking and works, take your pick! What a contradictory book the bible is! The mostly anonymous writers of the bible couldn't even get the matter of salvation straight! Brother Paul couldn't even get the story of his own salvation straight! Glory!

Madame M (((HUGS)))

You have been missed!

Theres plenty of proof you just reject to see it and cannot endure sound doctrine

Hi Japeth

How would you go about proving to me Jesus? I have also wandered why it is that the creator of the universe would be interested in me having a particular set of mental beliefs in doctrines? Why do I have to have a certain set of beliefs in order to go to heaven? Am I created with my own freedom of thought or not?

In reference to the genesis story it is interesting to note that it is the serpent who tells the truth, and god who lies. God said that if Adam and Eve were to eat from the tree of knowledge they would surely die. They were however already created to die (so it wasn,t disobedience that brought death), because it was god who drove them out of the garden so that they didn,t eat from the tree of life and live forever. There fore they would have died anyway...sin or not. When they ate from the tree of knowledge , guess what, they didn,t die they lived on. (Many christians like to go on about "spiritual" death....but that is just reading into the story their own doctrinal suppositions....the text is plain)

The serpent said they would know both good and evil, which of course was true.