Goodbye Jesus

Ask The Real Jesus

MartyGibbans

Yes, but no one is forcing you to buy the books.

All of the teachings are on the website, FREE.

Yes. But if you know anything about marketing, that's how they rope people into buying the books. If you wanna know what's in the book, you gotta BUY IT. You wanna progress further in that religion and find out what else "Jesus said," you gotta BUY THE BOOKS.

Nothing wrong with searching for direction and meaning in your life Marty, just don't let religions and fictitious gods dictate it for you.

Don't follow another mans truth, whether he claims to be a speaker for a god or the god himself, find it for yourself. It will NEVER be the TRUTH if it isn't discovered by YOU.

How is it a cult when they want nothing from you?

They want you to BELIEVE don't they? They want you to access their webpage, buy their books, give donations. Sometimes cults are not about money but EGO too.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MartyGibbans

• willybilly30

• Jun

• NotBlinded

Top Posters In This Topic

And by the way, I am not a Christian, I am a follower of God's word.

Yep... you sure aren't a Christian...

I mean, you really don't follow the teachings of Jesus... you've shown that you don't communicate with Jesus... you're obviously not trying to gain converts and spread the word like Jesus commanded his followers to do...

Ooops... Yes, you do follow the teachings of Jesus, you do communicate with him, you do try to gain converts and spread the word just like Jesus has commanded...

You ARE a Christian... whether you want to admit it or not.

Why Jesus do Buddha and Krishna have nothing to say?

I can't help but notice in America the so called acended master is always jesus or if the religion does include other gods he's still the big cheese in charge.

now get jesus over here we got an alter to build did you read my post? :lmao:

Yes. But if you know anything about marketing, that's how they rope peole into buying the books. If you wanna know what's in the book, you gotta BUY IT. You wanna progress further in that religion and find out what else "Jesus said," you gotta BUY THE BOOKS.

Nothing wrong with searching for direction and meaning in your life Marty, just don't let religions and fictitious gods dictate it for you.

Don't follow another mans truth, whether he claims to be a speaker for a god or the god himself, find it for yourself. It will NEVER be the TRUTH if it isn't discovered by YOU.

It comes to a point where you have to look at something and think "I think this might be it...." I have been searching for a long time, and this is what I have decided on.

How can you find the truth if you reject everything on the basis that "it's probably a cult, GET AWAY!!"

The teachings on this website helps me to lead my life positively. They tell me everything I need to know to get through this material world and into the spiritual realm at the end of it. It answers every question I would ever need to ask.

This is my truth, and the one condition of knowing this truth is to teach everyone that I can.

What could possibly be wrong with teachings that tell you how to lead your life in a joyful, love-filled way?

And by the way, I am not a Christian, I am a follower of God's word.

Yep... you sure aren't a Christian...

I mean, you really don't follow the teachings of Jesus... you've shown that you don't communicate with Jesus... you're obviously not trying to gain converts and spread the word like Jesus commanded his followers to do...

Ooops... Yes, you do follow the teachings of Jesus, you do communicate with him, you do try to gain converts and spread the word just like Jesus has commanded...

You ARE a Christian... whether you want to admit it or not.

And who are you to dictate to me what I am?

I find your comments highly offensive.

Yes. But if you know anything about marketing, that's how they rope people into buying the books. If you wanna know what's in the book, you gotta BUY IT. You wanna progress further in that religion and find out what else "Jesus said," you gotta BUY THE BOOKS.

How is it a cult when they want nothing from you?

They want you to BELIEVE don't they? They want you to access their webpage, buy their books, give donations. Sometimes cults are not about money but EGO too.

Nowhere on the site have I seen prompts to buy the books or make donations. The only place on the website to do with that is the bookshop, which I have never visited. The teachings are all free without condition.

Why Jesus do Buddha and Krishna have nothing to say?

I can't help but notice in America the so called acended master is always jesus or if the religion does include other gods he's still the big cheese in charge.

now get jesus over here we got an alter to build did you read my post? :lmao:

They are the same beings. The distortion over the years is what has made them seperate.

Charles Manson, Jim Jones and David Koresh Thought they was Jesus too.

Were they? Lots of people believed they were jesus.

How can you find the truth if you reject everything on the basis that "it's probably a cult, GET AWAY!!"

Marty, I would never follow anyone else's idea of the truth, and I don't expect anyone else to either. Truth cannot be found through reading the teachings of others, or following the scriptures of religions.

The teachings on this website helps me to lead my life positively. They tell me everything I need to know to get through this material world and into the spiritual realm at the end of it. It answers every question I would ever need to ask.

If you only need the teachings of another to tell you how to live, then you indeed are satisfied.

That's why the followers of god are referred to as "sheep."

They are the same beings. The distortion over the years is what has made them seperate.

bwaaaahahahahahahahahaha!

Good luck.

Jesus speaks New Age language now. That's totally awesome! California Lord! Praise his Holy Aura! "Descent of negative energies", wow, Jesus must be reading up on Shirley McClain these days on the Internet hook up there in the celestial world with with the rest of the "Ascended host".

There you are...I knew you would be here.

*searches for my crystal...where the heck did I put it?* :)

Yes, I was wondering if that was the rustling of feathers I over heard there. :lmao: It's the "speak" that gets me everytime. It's like Califonia Christianese. "Descent into energy folds of cosmic aura dust..." and so forth. You just use a "transendent" sounding words and somehow it makes it meaningful.

Serious if this person is really finding meaning in this, I would seriously, seriously caution him about anyone claiming to speak for God. We all want answers, but its not found by a direct revelation from beyond the Universe. It's found through hard work of living life and finding out who you are. This Internet Jesus person, I will lay high odds on, probably has some form of untreated schizophrenia. They are very convincing, especially to the vulnerable looking for hope beyond this world, because they sincerely believe their own deliusions in their illness.

I'm sorry to break the news to you Marty, but you will find answers out there too. And they will be a far sight safer for you in the long run. I hope the best for you.

That's not the point. The writer of the website is not claiming to be Jesus. He is claiming to be getting his teachings FROM Jesus.

Beautiful positive teachings that do absolutely no harm. They have gotten me through a very dark stage of my life. Without this website, I don't know where I would be right now, and in the coming years it would have gotten worse. It teaches love, and gives me hope. It gives me all lifes answers.

I don't care if it is not the words of Jesus'. That isn't even the point to me.

That's not the point. The writer of the website is not claiming to be Jesus. He is claiming to be getting his teachings FROM Jesus.

Beautiful positive teachings that do absolutely no harm. They have gotten me through a very dark stage of my life. Without this website, I don't know where I would be right now, and in the coming years it would have gotten worse. It teaches love, and gives me hope. It gives me all lifes answers.

But I personally 100% believe that the words are from Jesus.

Wow, I well and truly broke the above post. Sorry about that.

This is my truth, and the one condition of knowing this truth is to teach everyone that I can.

What could possibly be wrong with teachings that tell you how to lead your life in a joyful, love-filled way?

Marty,

There is nothing wrong with that what-so-ever. You will sense hostility here because almost all of us are exchristians and still harbor many negative feelings from the religion itself. But, most of those feelings are generated by an understanding that was forced upon us (even if innocently) and then later found out to be false. What is commonly believed to be Christianity is a dangerous cult that has negative impacts in all areas of society.

I have come back to discover that Christianity is not what it should be. The power and corruption that took hold of it distorted its meaning. There are many here that disagree with me and that is perfectly all right. They don't need it in their lives and want no part of it. There is nothing wrong with that. It should be rejected in the form it is now. I know you are offering up something that is completely different, and I agree with many aspects of it, but you won't find many here that even want to look at it. They don't need it Marty, they have found their lives are much better after rejecting it. They are more Christ-like now than they ever were before (I hope I don't get slammed too hard for saying that!) :)

There are many ways to spirituality as you know. Some don't need it and others find it elsewhere. That's okay. There is no harm it that either. Accept that and you will be totally welcomed here by most everyone.

Antlerman is a wonderful guy that will listen to your heart when you speak it, just don't say "new age" around him. :)

CT may give you some hell, but his roar is worse than his bite!

*hides*

There are many ways to spirituality as you know. Some don't need it and others find it elsewhere. That's okay. There is no harm it that either. Accept that and you will be totally welcomed here by most everyone.

Antlerman is a wonderful guy that will listen to your heart when you speak it, just don't say "new age" around him. :)

Yes Marty, I'm sorry I thought at first you were just pushing some new guru for us to follow. I'm glad your finding some support for yourself emotionally, but again with all respect for you as a person, you need to be extreemly skeptical of anyone claiming to speak for God. This has the potential for being very dangerous, and could result in you forfeiting yourself for someone who is mentally disturbed.

I respect various forms of spirituality, as I belive the human heart desires a sense of meaning, of purpose, of belonging to the universe. All these things are there in the world, but does not require direct communication from a god! Hang around here, I think the diveristy of people and beliefs will amaze you to see how we all have a sense of appreciation for life, for the the value of each other, for the beauty of the world and hope for ourselves. You don't need someone claiming to speak for God. You don't need a crystal ball to tell you the future. You just need to be part of the world. We are part of the world Marty.

I see you have no evidence of the existence of your little tin-plated deity...no sweat, faith totally ignores logic, something all Christians are good at. I hear that there is a man over on Unexplained Mysteries that has Mithra speaking directly to him....maybe you can get him and the author of your website together and they can compare notes! But then maybe not since Mithraism is 300+ years older than Christianity....Heimdall :yellow:

I was here a while back talking about legacy. I got owned big time! I just went through the old thread, and felt like an idiot, haha!

I still value Love, and still respect Jesus, though. (As I always will)

On topic now:

Personally, I see nothing wrong with what Marty's doing. His only crime is wanting to spread the joy, and peace he's found. ..Albeit, a little 'freaky'. I see no harm in him taking in something that agrees with his values. I don't think he's trying to convert anyone, I think he's simply letting you know about a website that changed his life. He believes in this Kim guy, who claims to talk to Jesus, and thus far, there has been nothing said that would threaten anyone.

Ex Christians usually have a great deal of insight, and I think all of your opinions are as valid as the next. I commend Marty for being brave enough to venture into this lions den with his voice. It's not an easy thing to do...I should know!

As for what is on that website...A great deal of interesting views, imo. Not at all like the fundementalist we all know so well.

I found the site quite refreshing.

Much Love,

Man...some Christians will believe absolutely ANYTHING... :Doh:

:HaHa:

If Jesus speaks to people why wont he speak too me? When I was first having doubts I kneeled on my couch and prayed jesus would show me the truth and i'd wait on him. I fell asleep. Tried it for a week fell asleep. I prayed for god too prove he was real I put keys on the couch and said place them in my hands. thats not too hard for a creator of the universe too do. nothing. When jesus personally knocks on my door and talks too me i'll believe in him again.

Thanks for the comments guys. I really appreciate the maturity most of you have taken.

No, I am not trying to force anything on anyone. I am just sharing something that has changed my life, in hope that it may do good for someone else. I have only been 'Christian' for the better part of 1 year. In that year, I have learnt more about myself and about life than I have in the last 18 years put together. And I am still learning.

I accept that I may be wrong in my beliefs, but I believe each new set of beliefs that any person takes can be seen as a stepping stone. It does not matter if they are wrong, because when something new comes along, they will be one step up from the last time. And as long as my beliefs help me to lead a better life, then I am happy.

I also realise that I should be skeptical of anyone speaking for God. But the teachings on this website make far too much sense to me. As soon as I started reading it, things began to click. And even if this guy is just some crazy man talking to himself - his teachings are still beautiful. Maybe we should listen to crazy people a bit harder, eh? :grin:

Before I continue, I should probably introduce myself. My name is not Marty, the sign-in name is just a nickname. My real name is Jody, and i'm a 19 year old male from New Zealand. Some of you may be surprised to realise how young I am, but don't let it fool you into thinking I am just off on some religious rampage with little prior experience. The amount of research I have done in the past year astounds me.

I don't really want to argue anymore about this topic, as I know that I wont win. People are so set in their own beliefs they are not even willing to look at new things. I just thank those of you that are open-minded enough to at least have a look at the website and give you opinions.

Me? I'm someone who's spotted that what you claim is shown to be a lie by what you say... and I guess it is kinda offensive to have your own lies pointed out to you.

I'll say it again, just so you understand what I'm saying...

A Christian is someone who follows the Teachings of jesus. You state that you follow the Teachings of Jesus.

A Christian is someone who believes that they communicate with Jesus. You state that you communicate with Jesus.

A Christian is someone who seeks converts and spreads the word. You state that you seek converts and spread the word.

By definition, you are a Christian... and a liar for claiming you're not.

:note: And you have turned out to be another "Pray to the True Jesus" preacher after all...

If Jesus speaks to people why wont he speak too me? When I was first having doubts I kneeled on my couch and prayed jesus would show me the truth and i'd wait on him. I fell asleep. Tried it for a week fell asleep. I prayed for god too prove he was real I put keys on the couch and said place them in my hands. thats not too hard for a creator of the universe too do. nothing. When jesus personally knocks on my door and talks too me i'll believe in him again.

God will not prove himself. I have tried that myself in the past, and realised it is not the right thing to do.

The key is faith. If you have faith in him, he will start to help you in your life.

For example, let me tell you a small story -

For the past month I have been suffering with some problems in my life. They have been holding me back, causing me to be depressed, and making life pretty miserable. Yesterday, I found a technique on the website that lets you ask Jesus questions. I used the technique, and about an hour later the answer literally popped up in my face (or on my computer screen.) I was searching Google, and came across it the answer unexpectedly. The webpage basically had all the information I needed to overcome this problem.

Today I am feeling 100% better. I have hardly smiled in the past month, but after the website I came across helped me gain a better understanding of my problem, it literally vanished.

Jesus did not verbally give me an answer. It doesn't work like that. But if you ask him, eventually the answer will come to you, as it did to me.

Jesus never talked to me either. I guess I get inspiration from ideas. I do find that site interesting, though. I loved his take on the atonement, and the parable that followed.

Karma?

Isn't that a Buddhist concept?

Anyway...

Me? I'm someone who's spotted that what you claim is shown to be a lie by what you say... and I guess it is kinda offensive to have your own lies pointed out to you.

I'll say it again, just so you understand what I'm saying...

A Christian is someone who follows the Teachings of jesus. You state that you follow the Teachings of Jesus.

A Christian is someone who believes that they communicate with Jesus. You state that you communicate with Jesus.

A Christian is someone who seeks converts and spreads the word. You state that you seek converts and spread the word.

By definition, you are a Christian... and a liar for claiming you're not.

:note: And you have turned out to be another "Pray to the True Jesus" preacher after all...

Fair enough. However to me a Christian is someone with fundamental Christian beliefs. The beliefs which I have discovered many to be incorrect. I have different beliefs to most fundamental Christians, so I do not class myself as one :grin:

Sorry if I sound so set in my beliefs, but what I have mentioned is not actually belief, but rather evidence (or the lack thereof) that I have gleaned through years of historical research. There is literally no evidence that the individual Jesus ever existed, none, zip, zilch. I was always taught that if a man told you that he spoke to god and god spoke to him, to run not walk to the nearest exit, that that man was either a charlatan after money or insane and quite capable of violence. It is a good rule of thumb when approaching any purported prophet...they want something and it is usually wealth or power or both! - Heimdall :yellow:

I tried being a liberal Christian before I deconverted. Basically it was the last step before I realized it was a fairy tale and I was only clinging to the label of Christian just to make other people happy. I have realized that I need to be honest with myself, at least.

I cannot believe literally in a fairy tale, no matter how sugar-coated it is made, no matter how much honey is dribbled onto it in order to make it easier to swallow, etc. Wanting something to be true doesn't make it true. That's a tough lesson to learn, but I learned it.

One can live by the Golden Rule without believing in fairy tales or clinging to the label of Christianity. The Buddhists and others had it long before the Christians did.

Sorry if I sound so set in my beliefs, but what I have mentioned is not actually belief, but rather evidence (or the lack thereof) that I have gleaned through years of historical research. There is literally no evidence that the individual Jesus ever existed, none, zip, zilch. I was always taught that if a man told you that he spoke to god and god spoke to him, to run not walk to the nearest exit, that that man was either a charlatan after money or insane and quite capable of violence. It is a good rule of thumb when approaching any purported prophet...they want something and it is usually wealth or power or both! - Heimdall :yellow:

Kim Michaels is a man who speaks love and life. And he is doing his best to get the message out. Even if he is crazy and hearing voices, those voices are giving him some extremely amazing teachings of love and respect for your fellow human.

I see no harm in that.

What is this technique that allows you too ask jesus questions?

I guess i'll read the website then atleast I'll get where your coming from.

God will not prove himself. I have tried that myself in the past, and realised it is not the right thing to do.

The key is faith. If you have faith in him, he will start to help you in your life.

For the past month I have been suffering with some problems in my life. They have been holding me back, causing me to be depressed, and making life pretty miserable. Yesterday, I found a technique on the website that lets you ask Jesus questions. I used the technique, and about an hour later the answer literally popped up in my face (or on my computer screen.) I was searching Google, and came across it the answer unexpectedly. The webpage basically had all the information I needed to overcome this problem.

Today I am feeling 100% better. I have hardly smiled in the past month, but after the website I came across helped me gain a better understanding of my problem, it literally vanished.

Jesus did not verbally give me an answer. It doesn't work like that. But if you ask him, eventually the answer will come to you, as it did to me.

I tried being a liberal Christian before I deconverted. Basically it was the last step before I realized it was a fairy tale and I was only clinging to the label of Christian just to make other people happy. I have realized that I need to be honest with myself, at least.

I cannot believe literally in a fairy tale, no matter how sugar-coated it is made, no matter how much honey is dribbled onto it in order to make it easier to swallow, etc. Wanting something to be true doesn't make it true. That's a tough lesson to learn, but I learned it.

One can live by the Golden Rule without believing in fairy tales or clinging to the label of Christianity. The Buddhists and others had it long before the Christians did.

The Christian religion was originally meant as a way to live ones life positively. Even if it isn't true (which I don't believe) the values and morals should be kept as a way to lives one life positively. That's what it's all about.

Anyway guys, I have work to do. Catch you all later :)

What is this technique that allows you too ask jesus questions?

I guess i'll read the website then atleast I'll get where your coming from.

http://www.askrealjesus.com/J_SPIRITUALTOO...attunement.html

Just remember that this has to come from the heart. I don't think you can just do it for the sake of wanting to prove something.

Oddly, I just got the third season of Penn&Teller's BS for my birthday.....and yesterday I watched the show about "Life Coaching" (I have to wait for the DVDs as I don't have the "Showtime" Channel).

This website seems like a "Life Coaching" thing with a quasi-religious-spiritual slant to it. I appreciate the offer Marty, but I chart my own life course myself. I may waste time, I may re-walk old ground, and I may not always be happy; but my life in the very end will be decided wholly by me alone without the "donated" wisdom based on someone else's life experiences.

Take care.