Goodbye Jesus

Ask The Real Jesus

MartyGibbans

Hmmm...

Despite not fitting into any of the pigeonholes listed in the OP, I took a cursory glance at the website, then did a bit of digging.

If I may humbly add to the information which Marty has posted... it would seem that askrealjesus.com is a sister site to a couple of other sites, all founded by Mr. Michaels, those being shangrala.org and Mother Mary's Garden. Close examination demonstrates that these sites appear to be Theosophical sites at heart.

While I am generally pleased when any given individual finds some kind of peace or comfort from spiritual teaching, I must be honest and add that it puzzles me - and, increasingly, I find that it disturbs me as well. It disturbs me because the more I examine religion, the more I realize how disconnected from reality religions are. Sometimes it manifests in something outright deadly, like the Kool-Aid party of Jim Jones' followers; other times a faith might simply be fluffy and ridiculous.

Theosophy seems to fall into the latter category: probably harmless, one might find good in it; yet the language is fluffy and devoid of meaning, and it points no more clearly to truth or reality than any other religion does.

In the past I've looked at faith as being harmless, but I'm not sure that's really true anymore. Someone might get something good out of something ridiculous, but if we're talking about answering questions about the nature of the universe, then I really don't see how "ridiculous" is better than "reality", if the "ridiculous" is still unreal.

Sorry, Marty. I took a peek and I can't buy it any more than I bought Christianity. :shrug:

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MartyGibbans

• willybilly30

• Jun

• NotBlinded

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm...

Despite not fitting into any of the pigeonholes listed in the OP, I took a cursory glance at the website, then did a bit of digging.

If I may humbly add to the information which Marty has posted... it would seem that askrealjesus.com is a sister site to a couple of other sites, all founded by Mr. Michaels, those being shangrala.org and Mother Mary's Garden. Close examination demonstrates that these sites appear to be Theosophical sites at heart.

While I am generally pleased when any given individual finds some kind of peace or comfort from spiritual teaching, I must be honest and add that it puzzles me - and, increasingly, I find that it disturbs me as well. It disturbs me because the more I examine religion, the more I realize how disconnected from reality religions are. Sometimes it manifests in something outright deadly, like the Kool-Aid party of Jim Jones' followers; other times a faith might simply be fluffy and ridiculous.

Theosophy seems to fall into the latter category: probably harmless, one might find good in it; yet the language is fluffy and devoid of meaning, and it points no more clearly to truth or reality than any other religion does.

In the past I've looked at faith as being harmless, but I'm not sure that's really true anymore. Someone might get something good out of something ridiculous, but if we're talking about answering questions about the nature of the universe, then I really don't see how "ridiculous" is better than "reality", if the "ridiculous" is still unreal.

Sorry, Marty. I took a peek and I can't buy it any more than I bought Christianity. :shrug:

As I said, it helps me live my life positively, gives me hope, and that's all I need. I still my life by my own rules - but this helps immensely.

quote name='MartyGibbans' date='Nov 7 2006, 07:10 PM' post='230151'

http://www.askrealjesus.com/J_SPIRITUALTOO...attunement.html

Just remember that this has to come from the heart. I don't think you can just do it for the sake of wanting to prove something.

This is Meditation anybody can do this. I do it and I don't believe in jesus.

This is a christianised version of spirit guide meditation and like I said anybody can do it even a hardcore Atheist could do it this has nothing too do with religion.

Its nothing more than relaxing your body focus on something peaceful like walking in a woods, sit down on a rock visualise a person and talk too it about your problem. I used to believe this was a spiritguide but found out that was wrong read read this topic:

http://www.ex-christian.net/index.php?showtopic=4872&hl=

Relaxing and listening to your thoughts and asking yourself questions and writing your thoughts on paper is something I do and recommend but it has nothing to do with religion.

quote name='MartyGibbans' date='Nov 7 2006, 07:10 PM' post='230151'

http://www.askrealjesus.com/J_SPIRITUALTOO...attunement.html

Just remember that this has to come from the heart. I don't think you can just do it for the sake of wanting to prove something.

This is Meditation anybody can do this. I do it and I don't believe in jesus.

This is a christianised version of spirit guide meditation and like I said anybody can do it even a hardcore Atheist could do it this has nothing too do with religion.

Its nothing more than relaxing your body focus on something peaceful like walking in a woods, sit down on a rock visualise a person and talk too it about your problem. I used to believe this was a spiritguide but found out that was wrong read read this topic:

http://www.ex-christian.net/index.php?showtopic=4872&hl=

Relaxing and listening to your thoughts and asking yourself questions and writing your thoughts on paper is something I do and recommend but it has nothing to do with religion.

Right. And the fact that only an hour after doing it I got an answer to a major life problem?

That don't suprise me you can find lots of answers to problems threw meditation.

Did you see the solution in your head?

That don't suprise me you can find lots of answers to problems threw meditation.

Did you see the solution in your head?

About an hour after I did it, I came across a website while on Google. The website had everything I needed to know to get over the problem I was having. And today, for the first time in over a month, I actually feel better. It's amazing :grin:

Did you search for your problem by putting it in the search box or put a question in the search box I do this all the time. Its not jesus its googles job too search threw all its site for things you look up.

Did you search for your problem by putting it in the search box or put a question in the search box I do this all the time. Its not jesus its googles job too search threw all its site for things you look up.

No, it didn't happen like that.

You had too be searching something unless your googles diffrent from mine its just a search page.

Right. And the fact that only an hour after doing it I got an answer to a major life problem?

List any "life problem" and I promise to find an answer in less than an hour without religion.

List any "life problem" and I promise to find an answer in less than an hour without religion.

The difference is you'll have to try. All I had to do was ask.

I want to know what you was doing on google when you found the webpage.

You had to of put something in the search bar too get a website google doesn't have any links unless you search.

I want the full story everyone posts testamonies when the first come in usually why don't you tell us yours right here right now lets see what the crises was and how you found help.

Don't ignore this it might save a soul you never know.

About 2 months ago I was at the beach with some buddies. We drunk a lot, and I made the mistake of taking a few of these legal BZP based party pills we have (a mistake I will never make again.) I don't do drugs, so this was a bit of a first.

Anyway, the 3 previous weeks before that I had started to get chest pains a bit. They worried be slightly, but not too much as i'm still young and have virtually 0 risk of any heart problems occuring.

About 2 hours into the party pills "trip" my chest pains came on. I got scared, my heart rate started to increase, and I basically got myself into a full-blown panic attack that lasted several hours. I was convinced that I was going to die. We were at a remote beach house, so any hospitals were hours away.

Anyway, obviously it was only a panic attack, and nothing was physically wrong with me. I got through it, but the 2 months proceeding that incident have been absolute hell for me. My heart continued to do weird things every single day (e.g. skipping beats, beating too fast, beating too slow, etc.) I don't think I had a good nights sleep in 2 whole months. I went and saw a doctor who said I was fine, but I wasn't convinced. 2 weeks ago I had another panic attack and ended up going to an accident and medical center (like a 24-hour clinic, not the emergency room.) The doctor was much better than the last, and talked me through the fact that I had an anxiety disorder.

It is important to note that I did hours and hours of research on the internet, but nothing I read really helped me.

I felt better after the second doctors visit, but for some reason it still didn't go away. My heart continued to do weird things, and I was still certain something was wrong.

Anyway, i'm at a very stressful time at the moment, as it is coming up to the end of semester, and I have 2 assignments due in on friday, and 4 exams next week. The anxiety was getting too much - so I decided to turn to Jesus.

I tried the technique on the website, and asked Jesus if he could show me a greater understanding of my situation so I could overcome it.

An hour later, I randomly stopped writing an essay, went to Google and typed in "Anxiety" (just as I had when researching weeks earlier.) The first webpage that came up happened to be a forum, with about 50 different peoples stories explaining that they were all feeling the exact same heart sensations as me. Every single feeling that I was getting, these people seemed to be getting too. Doctors posted there too explaining that all these feelings were harmless, and were classic symptoms of anxiety. There was so much information there that helped me to realise that there was indeed nothing at all wrong with my physically, and that it was just caused by the brain over-reacting to the situation (e.g. anxiety.)

I woke up today feeling so good. Better than i'd felt for 2 months. I think I'll be able to get over the anxiety now, thanks to that website.

Now, I know you will all say "blah blah, you searched for it and found it, it wasn't Jesus."

Yeah, possible. But the fact is that i'd done HOURS or research weeks earlier, and nothing I read helped. And I don't think it was coincidence that the first webpage I came across was the one with all the answers.

There you have it.

Now, I know you will all say "blah blah, you searched for it and found it, it wasn't Jesus."

Yeah, possible. But the fact is that i'd done HOURS or research weeks earlier, and nothing I read helped. And I don't think it was coincidence that the first webpage I came across was the one with all the answers.

There you have it.

Mostly, I'll just say that's the Internet for you, I work on computers for a living and I can't tell you the number of times I've searched for something on the Internet for hours without finding a solution only to find it in 5 minuets the next time I search for it.

Seriously I don't want to belittle your experience, or tell you what to believe, but have you ever thought that something like this is just a nice coincidence? I used to view these kinds of happenings as miracles myself, so I know how attractive it is, However as an Atheist, and a philosophical Taoist I believe the world around us just is what it is, and it OUR job to learn to get along with it

Since you told a story, I'll tell you one in return to give this a little perspective. I have a younger sister, she shouldn't mind me posting this, as its pretty much ancient history now. She posts on this site from time to time.

Anyway, back a few years ago, right after I had deconverted, she was going through a lot of crap herself, She was very depressed, and had been praying to god for months to make her better. One night, I was living at home at the time, she came to my room and started talking about stuff, what she essentially told me that she no longer believed in god, she had been praying for months and nothing was happening, and as far as she was concerned god was not there. Did her depression go away right off? No, but flash forward a couple of years and she is far better adjusted and happy with herself then she ever was as a christian, she has friends and is more outgoing, all of this she did on her own, without god...

The question to be asking here is that if god answered you then why not her?

(don't dare say she didn't deserve it or I'll give you a verbal lashing like you won't forget anytime soon :grin: )

However, if your discovery was just random chance then so was her recovery, and it was just as random that other people didn't recover, or get help.

You see, from my perspective the world makes sense, and there is no explanation needed for compassionate people dying... and jerks getting rich. It just happens. Your view of life however demands explanations for others suffering which you cannot give.

Why doesn't jesus tell the world these things why just on a website?

You know how today's world is. He would just be labled as a nutcase.

The point of the website is to try and obtain followers who can then go and spread the word. If enough people do it, then change can be expected.

:lmao: Crap, I was drinking water when I read this. Good thing I have spare keyboards!

Fwee, is this you?

How is it a cult when they want nothing from you? They are trying to give us positive life teachings. They are not trying to make you "join" anything. They merely ask that you spread the word of Jesus' love and teachings.

They want nothing from you except your mind, and they got it! After that everything follows.

It comes to a point where you have to look at something and think "I think this might be it...." I have been searching for a long time, and this is what I have decided on.

How long is a long time? I recommend you give it another decade or so. By then maybe you won't be so all fired anxious to let a schizophrenic guide your life.

Right.

Well thanks for listening guys. Obviously there's no point in me being here. Our views differ too much.

You'll all realise one day that this is the right path. But if you're all happy with your lives as they currently are, then all you have to remember is to lead them positively :grin:

Much love and peace, won't be back

Marty/Jody.

Heck, I bet I could find an answer in five minutes without religion. It's called knowing how to use a search engine and being able to type over 70 WPM. Heh. :grin:

I was ready to try and be open and non-judgemental, but then I read this gem...

The writer of the website is Kim Michaels. He is the one person in this world Jesus chose to give us his message. He has direct communication with Jesus.

:Wendywhatever:

Hey, if you can find something positive and uplifting about your untraditional, fluffy-bunny version of Jebus, then that's ok. But, please spare yourself and us and just give up trying to convince a single person here. We are well aware of the historical Jebus and well aware of what all translations of the Wholly Babble say about him - which is why we hate him.

Are these some of Jebus' "amazing teachings"?

Jebus the Jerk

Jebus the Cult Leader

The "Peaceful" Message of Jebus

Right there in the Wholly Babble, the first text those seeking information about Jebus must logically turn. You may say that the things cited on these links are indicative of the "perversions" made by "churchmen" or whomever, but that's just fluffy-bunnyism; ie, ignoring the negatives and focusing only on the positives, making them seem extra-sweet and squishy.

The best attitude humanity can take towards Jebus is to just ignore him.

Right.

Well thanks for listening guys. Obviously there's no point in me being here. Our views differ too much.

You'll all realise one day that this is the right path. But if you're all happy with your lives as they currently are, then all you have to remember is to lead them positively :grin:

Marty/Jody.

This kind of stament annoys me, our views differ too much so he just leaves? How can one ever understand truth if they only engage in discussion with people they agree with?

and I very much doubt I'll ever realize you are on the right path, since I doubt I'll even think of you again outside a week.

This kind of stament annoys me, our views differ too much so he just leaves? How can one ever understand truth if they only engage in discussion with people they agree with?

Generally, people like that only want to understand their version of truth. They don't want to know about anyone else's version, as much as they may claim otherwise.

Right.

Marty/Jody.

and I very much doubt I'll ever realize you are on the right path, since I doubt I'll even think of you again outside a week.

Okay I couldn't stay away.

You make a good point. But what is the point of trying to talk to you guys if 99% of you either mock my beliefs, or don't want to listen?

And of course I want to hear your truths and views. But many people on here just laugh at mine. It has to be two-sided guys.

You make a good point. But what is the point of trying to talk to you guys if 99% of you either mock my beliefs, or don't want to listen?

And of course I want to hear your truths and views. But many people on here just laugh at mine. It has to be two-sided guys.

Marty, the problem is that you claim a few things that have absolutely no credence.

1. You claim this guy Kim Michaels has direct communication with Jesus.

2. You claim that because you prayed to Jesus that you found this website about anxiety.

3. You claim that this is the true way.

I don't wanna rain on your parade but you're committing some fallacies here:

1. Naked Assertion - How do you know that Kim Michaels is in direct communication with Jesus and that Kim Michaels way is the true way?

2. Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc - How can you justify that it was Jesus that led you to type Anxiety into Google?

How does Kim Michaels know that it's Jesus he's talking to and it's the Jesus from the Bible that he's talking to?

What examples of living does Jesus provide that make life somehow better? I disagree with nearly everything Jesus said about life.

Marty, the problem is that you claim a few things that have absolutely no credence.

1. You claim this guy Kim Michaels has direct communication with Jesus.

2. You claim that because you prayed to Jesus that you found this website about anxiety.

3. You claim that this is the true way.

I don't wanna rain on your parade but you're committing some fallacies here:

1. Naked Assertion - How do you know that Kim Michaels is in direct communication with Jesus and that Kim Michaels way is the true way?

2. Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc - How can you justify that it was Jesus that led you to type Anxiety into Google?

How does Kim Michaels know that it's Jesus he's talking to and it's the Jesus from the Bible that he's talking to?

What examples of living does Jesus provide that make life somehow better? I disagree with nearly everything Jesus said about life.

1. That's not the point. The point is the teachings.

2. That's not the point either. It's a personal choice. It has nothing to do with any of you. I only told you because someone asked.

3. I do claim it is the true way. The true way for me, and anyone else that is willing to list. If you don't like it, don't read it.

___

1. I don't care if he has direct communication with Jesus or not. All I know is that the teachings are wonderful and are to help people lead a positive life.

2. I claim that it was Jesus that led me because I have faith, I choose to believe it, and I am not losing anything if i'm wrong.

As I said, it's not the point. The point is the teachings.

Jesus taught to respect your fellow man. If you don't believe that, then why am I bothering answering your questions? This is a quality every human should have.

you are welcome to disagree with me, but I take issue with this statement, if somone is claiming to talk for someone else, and he is in fact not...then the person is a liar, and no matter how good his teachings sound I would suspect a catch somewhere

In any case I can find lots of good teachings to follow that come from places entirly disconected from the christian religion, and those teachings won't carry all the negative baggage that christianity carries for me.

If the teachings are all that is importaint, and I can find a way to be happy with a set of teachings from the Tao then why do I need to follow your version or any version of Jesus?

If you are just wanting to put your opinion out there and discuss then welcome, but if you are suggesting that we are some how less complete because we don't add the phrase "Jesus said" to the begining of our beliefs then you probably won't feel very welcome here.

you are welcome to disagree with me, but I take issue with this statement, if somone is claiming to talk for someone else, and he is in fact not...then the person is a liar, and no matter how good his teachings sound I would suspect a catch somewhere

In any case I can find lots of good teachings to follow that come from places entirly disconected from the christian religion, and those teachings won't carry all the negative baggage that christianity carries for me.

If the teachings are all that is importaint, and I can find a way to be happy with a set of teachings from the Tao then why do I need to follow your version or any version of Jesus?

If you are just wanting to put your opinion out there and discuss then welcome, but if you are suggesting that we are some how less complete because we don't add the phrase "Jesus said" to the begining of our beliefs then you probably won't feel very welcome here.

I think you guys are getting the wrong idea.

I am not trying to convert. I am merely trying to inform you of an interesting website that I came across.

I don't really care what you guys believe. I mean, why should I? As long as you're happy with your own lives then i'm not going to try and convert you.

The purpose of this thread was to try and inform the Christians out there that a lot of fundamental Christian beliefs are wrong, and give them a website that addresses these beliefs.

Oh, and I fully believe that Jesus is speaking through that website. My point was that it doesn't really matter in the end, because it's the teachings that really count.