Goodbye Jesus

Demonic Experience

Guest Peach

I know that you may or may not believe me, but you can check out my member status and my past posts. I understand your feelings completely. I have been there where you are now, and I am not going to arrogantly tell you that I know everything there is to know about Jesus and Christianity. All that can be said is that since I have last posted here, things in my life have changed dramatically...things that no one could have told me about because they would have gotten a steely silence with me thinking they have lost their mind and have absolutely no idea of what they are talking about. What I can tell you for those of you who are not familiar with my past posts, is that I was once a Christian who left the Faith completely, then felt anger, betrayal, hurt, loneliness, misunderstood, judged, etc. Then, came the acceptance of life without Christianity and/or God/Jesus. Then, there came a sort of peace....for awhile. After some time, life started feeling empty and cold, Christian songs that had once irritated me to no end would begin to sound good again (although I felt the words were stupid and uneducated). The music was good in at least some of them, I felt.

My husband's cousin was coming over with his family on occasion (who is a Christian), and we would have friendly debates as we are both educated somewhat in Christianity. I can say I have been studying the Bible since I was at least 9 years old. There are many things I don't understand though, and many lessons I have forgotten. Then, one day, the emptiness was overwhelming me, and I called out to God (just in case He really was there) as I felt "who can really know?". I said a feeble little prayer of "Okay, God.....if You really do love me as much as the Bible and all these Christians say You do, then help me to believe in You. If You are really all these things, then I want to believe in You. If You are real, then show me an angel.....show me spirits....help me....", and then I went to a sad but resigned sleep as nothing seemed to happen.

Probably a couple of weeks went by. I forgot all about my prayer. We have 2 cats living in our house, and every night I always lock them out of our bedroom so we can sleep as they tend to run around and pounce on us in the night. It was sometime after we had both gone to sleep when I awoke to the feeling of something jumping up on our bed and laying upon my leg. I could clearly feel the weight. I got up thinking that one of the cats must have somehow managed to stay in our room when I thought for sure I had cast them out before we went to bed. I got up and opened our door never taking my eyes off the light that wafted into our bedroom from our living room so I could see when our "cat" left our bedroom. No cat ever left, and after a few seconds, I could plainly see our 2 cats trotting toward me down our hallway from our living room. Again, we only have 2 cats, and there was no way I would have missed a cat leaving our bedroom to go into the living room to join our other cat and then come back over to me again. My husband asked me what I was doing, and I did not know what to say. I told him what happened, brushed it off as some sort of funny dream (even though I knew I was awake), and went back to sleep. The next night, the same thing happened to my husband. He felt a cat jump up onto our bed, etc. We really began to wonder then.

You may think I am completely out of my mind or schizophrenic, and you have a right to that opinion, although there is no history of schizophrenia in our family. I've questioned my own sanity in the past a time or two because of all this. We eventually figured out that these were and are demons. They ended up grabbing my little girl in her bed and pestering us every 3rd hour in the night and waking us up. They would jump on us and manifest themselves so that we all could see them from time to time. They would whisper bad things to us. My 2 children ended up seeing them. We saw them. We have 4 witnesses living in our house including myself. I have a 7-year-old and a 9-year-old. My little girl saw one of them in a form that we had only seen but had not talked about in front of her. My little boy could see them, too. The day she came downstairs scared to death because one had grabbed her was the day my husband saw one about 4 feet tall and in vivid white color manifested as a sweet-looking little girl. A few days later, I saw what he saw, except that it was a grayish white in color.

At first, as my husband is a Christian and always has been, hubby was angry with me for "bringing them down". But then, we realized that God had gone out of His way to come to me in my time of need and doubt. He, indeed, showed us spirits and has done many wonderful things in our lives since then that I would never have believed and would have laughed at anyone who would have tried to tell me as much . It says in the Bible that God would leave his flock to search for the one who is lost. I cried out and He met me where I was to save me. When I saw that demon, I cried hard with repentance in my heart because right then and there I knew that if those things existed, then God must exist, and He does exist, and He cared enough about me to prove Himself to me so that I would not be lost even after all the foul things I have said about Him. He has proved Himself to our entire family. He has done things that I am sure most of you will not believe. You may say I am schizophrenic and that my whole family is schizo. Again, you can believe what you want to believe, but I tell you the truth, just like I have told you the truth the many times before when I came on here as an ex-Christian. This is completely life-changing. It doesn't matter that the Bible doesn't make sense to us at times. The Bible even admits that the things of God are foolishness unto men, and that spiritual things are spiritually discerned, so why should we even attempt to use our minds in the way that most of us tend to use it to discern the ways of God? As an ex-Christian and now an ex-agnostic, and after studying the Bible for so long and understanding all the things that you all understand and feel, that was a very difficult thing for me to overcome - not analyzing so much. I still do it at times, but I am learning to go by what is in my heart and trying to read between the lines at times. The demons want us to believe that God is like they are, and that they are the ones who are like God. I knew this when I saw the one that my husband had seen a few days before me. It was not a good thing, and it was real. As knowledgeable as you all are, look into demonic activity. Look into "ghost" sightings and the paranormal. But, when you do, also look into the miracles that God Himself has performed to prove Himself to those who try to find Him with all of their heart. I know I did, and He went out of His way to come to me and my family and to show us that He cares that much and loves us enough to meet us where we are in a very real and tangible way.

I can't debate with you about the Bible, because I won't. None of that matters anymore. It doesn't matter if it makes sense to me or not. I have SEEN and FELT the reality. So has my family. We are all strong believers now.....something I thought would never happen in a million years. I truly wish you all much love and acceptance for who you are as individuals. I also encourage you to not give up hope that there is a God who loves us and will hear our cries and help us when He believes we need it because I have seen, heard, and felt how real He is (and so has my family). He says in his Word "Search for me with all of your heart, and then you will find Me." This has taken me 33 years.

He came to us when He was ready, and he now helps to guide us with physical "taps" that my husband was the first to receive, and then me. My son had a birthday on the 9th, and he received his first "taps" from God (I know what you are probably thinking). My daughter said she receieved one tap the other day, but I cannot be sure. My son described them in a way that I knew he was telling the truth and not imagining it because he said something about them that we only knew and had not discussed in front of him. As a matter of fact, we went to see the movie "The Nativity" when it happened to him on his birthday. When we are in church, we get them. When we watch TBN, we get them. Also, when we pray, we get them. We always get them at key moments to let us know that He is with us and the path that He would have us to take in our daily decisions. This is the most amazing thing in the world to realize that God is real. Just entertain the thought for a moment, that God is real and does manifest Himself and His spirit world in a way that you can see with your eyes and actually feel with your skin (with witnesses) as in the Bible.

You can go ahead and believe I am crazy, but what if you are wrong? Really....what if? Do you really know for sure I'm not? No, you don't, but you can believe one way or the other. If you want to contact me, you can do so at bwingham@roadrunner.com. I will not respond to abuse or derogatory comments, Bible debates, or any questions about the Bible, but if you really want to know more about our experience, please feel free to contact me. I care for you guys because I know how you feel. You can post what you want in response to this, but I will not come back here to see the posts. I just ask that you research my prior posts if you are curious about how I used to feel and to e-mail me if you only want to know more about my experiences with God and the demons (I know what you are thinking, sounds crazy, right?). It's real.

Best of luck in life and the pursuit of joy and love in Christ (real Christianity will not harm or hurt you but fill you with joy and love),

Peach

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dave

• Japedo

• Mythra

• NotBlinded

I know that you may or may not believe me, but you can check out my member status and my past posts. I understand your feelings completely. I have been there where you are now.....
That is the most common line told to me by believers. As for your story, since gods and demons do not exist it must be something else you experienced. It's called a dream.

And even if it were a malevolent noncorporeal life-form, that still doesn't mean that Xianity is the way to go. Tales of "demonic" entities have existed centuries before Xianity, and there have been methods of dealing with them far older than the mythical Jebus. If you believe it was some "evil" entity, to assume that Xianity has the explanation and the cure just because Xianity has teachings about "demons" is fallacious; in that case, there are a plethora of religions to study.

Since Jebus and Xianity can easily be proven to be false, either you dreamt what you did, suffered sleep paralysis, or encountered something that, while perhaps malevolent, has nothing to do with Xian myths.

Just because Xianity claims to have all the answers, doesn't mean it is so. Xianity is a dangerous cult, especially when embraced out of fear of any kind, so I strongly urge you to seek out alternative explanations for your experience rather than "Satan did it."

It's harder to cast aside a source of "explanations" for what you claim to have felt (ie, Xianity) and plow into the unknown, but in the end it's far more rewarding - and psychologically safer.

Thanks but no thanks .. not interested at all in going back to christianity and never will be. It would be immoral of me to do so after the hell that the fucking religion caused me. I don't understand how someone can turn their back on the faith and then go back to it. Anyway, Peach, if you read this, I do wish you all the best in life but the chances of you re-converting any of us are pretty much zero (at least I hope so!)

The Demon/god stuff

:Hmm:

I know you're not coming back to read this but I'm going to post this for lurkers. Peach, you have made a total of 16 posts in a years time, you have not posted any Anti-T so I really have no idea other then what you posted in March what your beliefs were.

"And the phrase 'translation error' is really starting to get to me. I see that everywhere that somebody brings up a problem with the Bible. If the bible is supposed to be our guidebook for living on the earth, why would god allow it to be vague? Sorry, just a short rant."

And why would a god create someone like you and me all the while knowing where they will end up in a firely afterlife? ...or even create a being like Satan, for that matter, knowing the havoc he would cause. - Food for more thought.

Source: Posted on: Mar 25 2006, 02:13 PM

This Demon post is chuck full of Christian Lame old school Scare tactics, are you sure you're not listening to too much Carmen? :Duivel: The mind is a powerful tool, as is the power of suggestion. I have weird shit happen in my house all the time it doesn't mean it's demons, or anything supernatural.

Maybe you had your knee up when you were sleeping moved it and the blankets stayed up, then after a short time gravity caused the blankets to cave in and it hit your leg slightly. Your imagination ran with it, and then after that you were planting suggestion to your kids and husband. It's how hysteria works and it's not anything you do deliberately but I believe this is what happened. Mob mentality works much the same and its an odd behavior of human nature.

Your post is borderline hysterical and I believe you've been "SCARED" Back to god. Funny how that fear thing controls people on a completely emotional level failing any reason test. He couldn't have given you a sign of peace and awe it had to be dark, scary and spooky. Yeah this is some testimony. :pureevil:

Your post has not proven anything other then you freak at bumps in the night and attribute them to some magic sky daddy and his dark side alter ego. I'm sorry for your kids being indoctrinated with fear and terror its not healthy. I hope you snap out of it.

Sounds like you best have your home checked for Radon and Carbon Monoxide or other gases which may be causing you and your family disturbed sleep patterns and nightly haluscinations.

Or, there could just be "bad vibrations" or "bad memories" in the house you are in. Research the house and land's history.

I have waking dreams all the time. I talk in my sleep, curse, let out bone-chilling screams, cry, and sometimes even pull my wife out of bed because the wall behind the headboard is actually sporting nine inch steel spikes and appears to be falling down to impale us.

I've heard voices under the bed, seen my old teddy bear stand up and walk, and even saw the silhouette of a woman in the bedroom doorway before my screams made her withdraw and close the door. Other than feelings of absolute dread I have when waking up sometimes, this was the only image that really scared the hell out of me. And I have seen all these things clear as day, wide awake.

I know an inanimate object like a teddy bear cannot move so therefore what I experienced and experience now are waking dreams... hallucinations. When most people think of hallucinations I imagine they think they are blurry kind of images and the imaginer must know what they are seeing is not real, but I can assure you, if it's a good hallucination, it looks as real as sparrows on your bird feeder.

I've rubbed my eyes, smacked myself, got up and moved around, and the images sometimes are still there, though usually they begin to fade. Fortunately they are guaranteed to vanish when I really freak out because the chemistry in my brain changes and my mind changes modes, if you will. Also fortunately, the stuff I see is not usually terrifying, but rather more bizarre or a modification of the natural environment, like the spikes in the wall, even though that was clearly threatening.

Now in regard to your perceived demon experience... Varokhar is right on. I watch Ghost Hunters on Sci Fi but I almost want to turn off the show when they start talking about demonology... as if their ghost hunting paranormal pseudo-science weren't ridiculous enough, they go into this crap which totally shoots in the foot the credibility they want so bad.

Remember the "rules" when it comes to paranormal events... before you can consider it paranormal you must first rule out every possible empirical possibility, and there are a lot of those in any given mix, even when the scenario appears to be absolutely supernatural.

Best of luck in life and the pursuit of joy and love in Christ (real Christianity will not harm or hurt you but fill you with joy and love),
But you've just told us a big story about how it filled you and your family with fear.

(Anyway, for the benefit of those who will actually read this...)

Back in the early 1990's I was studying to become a Jehovah's Witness. For a short time I lived with a young guy who was also studying to be a JW. The thing that makes it interesting is that he would see demons.

One night, during a period of growing doubts about these JW's, two of my mentors "study partners/leaders" came over to discuss these doubts. As these discussions took place, my flatmate became possessed by one of these demons. This involved some heavy breathing, a terrified look on his face, followed by an extraordinary behavioural change. Once we figured out it was demon possession, one of the mentors prayed and the demon came out. I can remember the shock through my body as the demon passed out of my flatmate, and out of the flat to who knows where.

Does the reality of this experience mean that Jehovah's Witnesses are right? But the JW's believe that they are the only true religion, and all others are false. So, Peach, according to your own measurement of truth, unless you are a Jehovah's Witness then your experience was a false experience, and your religion is wrong.

Fear is an amazing motivator, and it is unfortunate that your God would use fear to bring you "back to him" rather than this Love which he apparently has lots of. But if you're happy being a slave to that fear, then you go right ahead. As for me and no doubt the rest of us, we choose to be free from that fear.

PS. I've also had a sleep paralysis dream, but without the demons. Still frightening though. That was when I was on antidepressant medication, which I'm no longer taking.

You are attributing such acts as jumping on your bed and tapping on the shoulder to demons?

Bwahahahaha. :lmao:

Every dolt knows that such acts are performed by impish pixies.

Gotta say, though, it's goddamn shameful to get a son and daughter wrapped up in such nonsense. They are gonna grow up seriously tweaked.

Hey - if these entities were causing Peach to return to faith in God, wouldn't that make them angels?

The goofy shit that people will fall for is staggering.

And even if it were a malevolent noncorporeal life-form, that still doesn't mean that Xianity is the way to go. Tales of "demonic" entities have existed centuries before Xianity, and there have been methods of dealing with them far older than the mythical Jebus. If you believe it was some "evil" entity, to assume that Xianity has the explanation and the cure just because Xianity has teachings about "demons" is fallacious; in that case, there are a plethora of religions to study.

Since Jebus and Xianity can easily be proven to be false, either you dreamt what you did, suffered sleep paralysis, or encountered something that, while perhaps malevolent, has nothing to do with Xian myths.

Just because Xianity claims to have all the answers, doesn't mean it is so. Xianity is a dangerous cult, especially when embraced out of fear of any kind, so I strongly urge you to seek out alternative explanations for your experience rather than "Satan did it."

It's harder to cast aside a source of "explanations" for what you claim to have felt (ie, Xianity) and plow into the unknown, but in the end it's far more rewarding - and psychologically safer.

I agree here. You are just exeriencing something and then connecting it to Christianity and its God. One doesn't have to follow the other. Maybe it is ghosts, but you assume they are demons. Regardless, it doesn't mean the Christian God answered your plea. It may have been a different God or something altogether different. Don't just assume, but if you're happy, so be it. I just feel for your children.

Every dolt knows that such acts are performed by impish pixies.
That shows us what YOU know. Anyone with a brain knows it's Invisible Pink Unicorns. :rolleyes:
Gotta say, though, it's goddamn shameful to get a son and daughter wrapped up in such nonsense. They are gonna grow up seriously tweaked.
Which is fine. The more warped her kids are, the better mine will do. Would a Fortune 500 company want to hire someone that believes in demons or someone that got a full ride to Stanford?

OK...

In my own experience with Christianity, at least in the forms I've seen, I have heard people, without a trace of irony, blame "demons" and "Satan" (a.k.a. The Enemy, etc.) for everything from cancer, to losing a job, to not getting that cure apartment with the bay window, to a headache.

It sounds dramatic. It may even sound scary, to people who grew up with horror movies like _The Exorcist_. It's also totally subjective, like most of what constitutes faith.

So, did this person feel something on her bed one night? Maybe. Maybe it was some physiological thing. Maybe she was plagued with guilt, having been exposed to the think-our-way-or-go-to-hell mentality that a lot of Christians espouse, and what she saw as a demon was said guilt, and a hell a lot of fear, messing with her head. Maybe she dreamed or imagined the whole thing.

That aside...let me understand this. 1) Person more or less rejects God. 2) Demons, working for SAAAAAATAN (insert hackneyed Dana Carvey voice here), are cool with this, given their boss' generally anti-God ideology. 3) Demons make a road trip to person's house to jump up and down on her bed, thereby somehow scaring her shitlessly back to...God.

:twitch:

We eventually figured out that these were and are demons.

Believe it or not, I actually read your post with an "open mind" (I had a couple extra minutes) until I got to this part. I am willing to grant you that you are not crazy. I am even willing to grant you that you and your family did experience something unexplained and not immediately attribute it to sleep paralysis. But to just write off all of this unexplained activity to "demons" is almost as bad as a mentally ill person imagining the entire thing and attributing his/her hallucinations to demons. How do you make the connection: "Something wierd happened = OMG demons are real!"?

But, when you do, also look into the miracles that God Himself has performed to prove Himself to those who try to find Him with all of their heart.

I am going to go out on a limb here and guess that most people on this site have sought out god "with all their heart" not once, and not twice, but several times. I know I have. And there comes a point where it gets kind of old making multiple requests to the Magical Sky Genie ™ to give signs, evidence, proof, etc. that he/she/it exists before you eventually realize that you could be make the same requests to invisible magical elves and get the same response: none.

All I can say really is we've heard stories like this countless times, and it doesn't do anything to strengthen the case for Christianity or for the existence of god. At least for me it doesn't. Something happened to you and I have no idea what it was and there's no reason for me to change my position because of it....

That aside...let me understand this. 1) Person more or less rejects God. 2) Demons, working for SAAAAAATAN (insert hackneyed Dana Carvey voice here), are cool with this, given their boss' generally anti-God ideology. 3) Demons make a road trip to person's house to jump up and down on her bed, thereby somehow scaring her shitlessly back to...God.

Yeah, that's what I concluded.

Isn't it great that in this forum when someone posts something like Peach posted, saying that the Christian god is real and that he loves us, that people here can piss on those views and show them to be a load of bullshit! :wicked:

All the cliche's of a typical demon possession as shown in the movies and told in stories. Let me guess; you're white too? Now all that is missing is the creepy looking priest who has some type of journal that he keeps with verses and such...or do you have HIM already as well? Why are you still in the house if these demon possessions keep occuring? Why doesn't god send me my very own demons? (maybe I could be sexually abused by a Mythra or Checkmate demon...you know, the rumors about black males and all? :wicked:) Right after I rejected Christianity would have been perfect because I still had lingering fears, but not anymore, nope...two years later and there isn't an ounce of fear, let alone a belief. Guess god loves you more than me.

I know that you may or may not believe me, but you can check out my member status and my past posts. <snip> Again, you can believe what you want to believe, but I tell you the truth, just like I have told you the truth the many times before when I came on here as an ex-Christian.

Uh, you mean the two different days when you hung out and posted?

He came to us when He was ready, and he now helps to guide us with physical "taps" that my husband was the first to receive, and then me. My son had a birthday on the 9th, and he received his first "taps" from God (I know what you are probably thinking).

OK, so feeling something on the foot of your bed was demons, but taps are God? Just want to make sure I have the system down here.....

You can go ahead and believe I am crazy, but what if you are wrong? Really....what if? Do you really know for sure I'm not?

I'm sure you ARE, frankly.

I just ask that you research my prior posts if you are curious about how I used to feel and to e-mail me if you only want to know more about my experiences with God and the demons (I know what you are thinking, sounds crazy, right?). It's real.

You mean the one post where you mentioned having doubts?

Peach

Sounds like a finaly goodbye post. I can only hope.....

And you know, that would beg the question of who is controlling the demons. She prayed to God to send something, including spirits and he sends demons? hmmm... I wonder how she would answer that? Why would she want to go back to God when he is the one that sent the demons to her? I thought the Christian's understanding of God was that he was benevolent.

Why would she want to go back to God when he is the one that sent the demons to her?

ITA, and doesn't Jesus say something that casting out of demons by demons (when the Pharisees accused him of working for Satan) would be working AGAINST satan? Why would Satan cast out Satan? Wouldn't that apply in reverse? WHy would god summon demons only to fight against what HE has summoned in the first place?

I love the, then a few weeks later, part. What??? god was backed up??? had to appear in a tortilla in mexico???

Why would these spirits mean anything christian?

How would God send demons??? they don't work for him!

I love that bit, essentially, whenever we're watching christian propoganda we have a vaguely christian experiance!! No shit sherlock!

Why would she want to go back to God when he is the one that sent the demons to her?

ITA, and doesn't Jesus say something that casting out of demons by demons (when the Pharisees accused him of working for Satan) would be working AGAINST satan? Why would Satan cast out Satan? Wouldn't that apply in reverse? WHy would god summon demons only to fight against what HE has summoned in the first place?

:wacko::scratch::HaHa:

:wacko::scratch::HaHa:

:HaHa: Maybe I should of asked, "Wouldn't that be sort of like a doctor purposelly injecting someone with say the ebola virus, allowing the person to suffer a few hours or days (being terrified) and then coming to the rescue with healing and then wanting the person that THEY inflicted in the first place to be grateful?"

You guys are forgetting a very important point; if religion made sense, no one would believe in it. The less it makes sense the firmer they believer it.