Goodbye Jesus

Demonic Experience

Guest Peach

Hi

to me there is a difference between fear in those verses that is better termed as honor

and that kind of 'fear' or to me honor rises because of a love relationship not out of being afraid of someone bigger, meaner and more powerful than you. But out of awe and love of one that is more powerful than you.

I agree with you that fear as is commonly defined, is the opposite of peace

sojourner

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dave

• Japedo

• Mythra

• NotBlinded

to me there is a difference between fear in those verses that is better termed as honor

and that kind of 'fear' or to me honor rises because of a love relationship not out of being afraid of someone bigger, meaner and more powerful than you. But out of awe and love of one that is more powerful than you.

LOL Words have meaning Sojourner, This is the typical Christians out when they can't support what their buybull actually says. When the buybull speaks of comfortable things such as love, honor all of you take it to mean exactly as it says. When it comes to fear, murder, hate and so forth you all do the dance around how the word doesn't really mean what it says. It doesn't say Honor, it says fear specifically and repeatedly. You can't all of a sudden change that it means something opposite of what it says. You aren't interpreting things different, you're outright changing the meaning of words to suite your belief's so they don't sound as horrible as they are.

A relationship that is dealt in fear is dealt in abuse. I would no more stay with a husband that caused 'fear by love' then I would with a god. You are suppose to fear god AND love him. The Dogma and the buybull are abusive mindsets. Making polite excuses and justifying the abuse is a common thing with people whom are oppressed.

LOL Words have meaning Sojourner, This is the typical Christians out when they can't support what their buybull actually says. When the buybull speaks of comfortable things such as love, honor all of you take it to mean exactly as it says. When it comes to fear, murder, hate and so forth you all do the dance around how the word doesn't really mean what it says. It doesn't say Honor, it says fear specifically and repeatedly. You can't all of a sudden change that it means something opposite of what it says. You aren't interpreting things different, you're outright changing the meaning of words to suite your belief's so they don't sound as horrible as they are.

A relationship that is dealt in fear is dealt in abuse. I would no more stay with a husband that caused 'fear by love' then I would with a god. You are suppose to fear god AND love him. The Dogma and the buybull are abusive mindsets. Making polite excuses and justifying the abuse is a common thing with people whom are oppressed.

really? Well let me put it this way. I have a parent that loves me and treats me with respect even when I screw up. I could go do the worst thing imaginable whatever that is will change from person to person , and their love for me wouldnt change. they wouldnt cut me off, not come to see me in prison or whatever.......

lets just say my neighbor has a parent who is opposite my parent. They are never respectful just controling and abusive to them. When they screw up they are beaten and verbally abused.

now 'fear' for their parents would be a completely different thing, for me, its honor, I know my parents love me and whatever they do that doesnt change. I am not afraid of them. That kind of fear is nowhere in my vocabulary, only the other kind that I shared is.

for the other neighbor that kind of fear is very much in their vocabulary

sojourner

really? Well let me put it this way....................

............. That kind of fear is nowhere in my vocabulary, only the other kind that I shared is.

for the other neighbor that kind of fear is very much in their vocabulary

sojourner

:twitch: Uhh, Are you attempting to double talk bullshit here? You don't experience Fear then Sojourner when it comes to your parents. I don't even understand what you're attempting to convey here? What you are describing with your parents is Love, respect, honor, and a peaceful relationship for you it is nowhere near FEAR of any form. How the heck can you even compare abuse your neighbor endures with your relationship? What does your relationship with your parents have to do with fear? What do you mean by other kind that you shared?

well Im sorry, Im not trying to doubletalk lol

we seem to be disagreeing about the word fear and you seem to think if i understand you correctly that it only has one definition, one context.

whereas, I disagree.

how can this be? well first off the bible also says, there is no fear in love and perfect love casts out fear

so I was trying to relate, that in a person that is experianing real love, from God, where it says to fear Him, it couldnt be talking about being afraid of Him cause Hes bigger than you are and could squash you at any moment to me.

how could it in light of the above stmt I share about perfect love casting out fear , there is no fear in love and God IS love?

therefore, there has to be another definition to fear in those verses to me

just deduction and a knowing Gods love to me

may be double talk to you but it makes sense to me

sojourner

FEAR in the bible:

Old Testament meanings: From Strongs Exhaustive Concordance (The numbers in parenthesis is the number of times the word is used in the Bible). 367 (5) Emah: Fright; concr. an idol (as a bugbear):-dread, fear, horror, idol, terrible, terror.

1481 (4) Guwr: A prime root; prop. to turn aside from the road (for a lodging or any other purpose), ie. sojourn (as a guest); also to shrink, fear (as in a strange place); also to gather for hostility (as afraid):-abide. assemble. be afraid. dwell. fear. etc.

1674 (1) Oeagah: anxiety: care (-fulness), fear, heaviness, sorrow.

1763 (2) Oechal: To slink. ie. (by impl.) to fear, or (caus.) be formid-able: -make afraid, dreadful, fear, terrible.

2342 (2) Chiyl: A prime root; prop. to twist or whirl (in a circular or spiral manner). ie. (spec.) to dance, to writhe in pain (espec. of parturition) or fear; fig. to wait, to pervert:-bear, (make) to bring forth, (make) to calve, dance, drive away, fall grievously (with pain), fear, form, great, grieve, (be) grievous, hope, look, make, be in pain, be much (sore) pained, rest, shake, shapen, (be) sorrow (-ful), stay, tarry, travail (with pain), tremble, trust, wait care-fully (patiently), be wounded.

2731 (2) Charadah: fear, anxiety:-care. X exceedingly, fear. quaking. tremble.

2844 (1) Chath: Concr. crushed; also be afraid; abstr. terror: broken, dismayed, dread, fear.

2849 (1) Chathchath: Terror:-fear.

3025 (1) Yagor: A prime root; to fear:-be afraid. fear.

3372 (194) Yare: A prime root; to fear; mor. to revere; caus. to frighten:-affright. be (make) afraid. dread (-ful). (put in) fear (-ful. -fully. -ing). (be had in) reverence (- end). X see. terrible (act. -ness, thing).

3373 (59) Yare: Fearing; mor. reverent:-afraid. fear (-ful).

3374 (42) Yirah: Fear; mor. reverence:-X dreadful, X exceedingly, fear (-fulness).

4032 (6) Maguwr: In the sense of fearing; a fright (obj. or subj.): -fear, terror.

4034 (1) Megowrah: Affright:-fear.

4035 (2) Meguwrah: A fright; also a granary: -barn. fear.

4116 (1) Mahar: A prime root; prop. to be liquid or flow easily. ie. (by impl.); to hurry (in a good or a bad sense); often used (with another verb) adv. promptly:-be carried headlong. fearful, (cause to make. in. make) haste (-n. -ily. (be) hasty. (fetch. make ready). X quickly.

rash. X shortly. (be so) X soon. make speed. X speedily. X straightway. X suddenly. swift.

4172 (7) Morah: fear; by impl. a fearful thing or deed:-dread, (that ought to be) fear (-ed). terribleness. terror.

6206 (3) Arats: A prime root; to awe or (intrans.) to dread; hence to harass:-be affrighted (afraid. dread, feared, terrified). break. dread. fear. oppress, prevail, shake terribly.

6342 (13) Pachad: A prime root; to be startled (by sudden alarm): hence to fear in general:-be afraid. stand in awe, (be in) fear, make to shake.

6343 (41) Pachad: A (sudden) alarm (prop. the object feared, by impl. the feeling): -dread (-ful). fear. (thing) great [fear. -ly. feared], terror.

6345 (1) Pachdah: Alarm (ie. awe): -fear.

6427 (1) Pallatsuwth: Affright: -fearfulness. horror. trembling.

6440 (8) Paniym: The face (as the part that turns); used in a great variety of applications (lit. and fig.} see concordance.

7267 (1) Rogez: Commotion. restlessness (of a horse). crash (of thunder). Disquiet, anger: -fear, noise, rage, trouble (ing), wrath.

7374 (1) Retet: To tremble. terror. fear.

7461 (2) Raad: A shudder: -fear. trembling.

8175 (1) Saar: A prime root; to storm; by impl. to shiver, ie. fear: -be (horribly) afraid. fear. hurl as a storm. be tempestuous. come like (take away as with) a whirlwind.

New Testament meanings:

870 (4) Aphobos: Fearlessly: -without fear. ~ 1167 (1) Deilia: Timidity: -fear

1169 (3) Deilos: (Dread); timid, ie. (by impl.) faithless: fearful.

1510 *(1) Eimi: I exist (used only when emphatic); -am. have been. X it is I. was. (* = used in same verse)

1630 *(1) Ekphobos: Frightened out of ones wits: -sore afraid, exceedingly fear.

2124 (2) Eulabeia: Prop. cautious, ie. «religiously) reverence (piety): by impl. dread (concr.): -fear (-ed).

2125 (2) Eulabeomai: To be circumspect. ie. (by impl.) to be apprehensive; religiously, to reverence: (moved with) fear.

2192 (1) Echo: A prim. verb; to hold (used in various applications) see concordance.

5398 (2) Phoberos: Frightful, ie. (obj.) formidable: -fearful. terrible.

5399 (60) Phobeo: To frighten, ie. (pass.) to be alarmed; by anal. to be in awe of. ie. revere: -be (+sore) afraid, fear (exceedingly). reverence.

5400 (1) Phobetron: A frightening thing. ie. terrific portent: -fearful sight.

5401 (39) Phobos: (To be put in fear); alarm or fright; -be afraid. + exceedingly, fear, terror.

Any questions?

we seem to be disagreeing about the word fear and you seem to think if i understand you correctly that it only has one definition, one context.

whereas, I disagree.

how can this be? well first off the bible also says, there is no fear in love and perfect love casts out fear

so I was trying to relate, that in a person that is experianing real love, from God, where it says to fear Him, it couldnt be talking about being afraid of Him cause Hes bigger than you are and could squash you at any moment to me.

how could it in light of the above stmt I share about perfect love casting out fear , there is no fear in love and God IS love?

As to how can it be? Simple, the buybull is bullshit and contradicts itself at near every direction. One would be pressed to find a story that wasn't contradicted by another story or 'law'. This is exactly why some say.. Christ is the bringer of the sword and not peace and is a divider not a uniter from Luke 12:51-53 and others say Christ is about peace and love not harm. Colossians 3:15 Both stances have scripture to back it up. Both blatantly contradict each other. The same applys with the fear.

:ugh: Which meaning do you want to use then?

1# (n.) That which causes, or which is the object of, apprehension or alarm; source or occasion of terror; danger; dreadfulness.

2# (n.) To affright; to terrify; to drive away or prevent approach of by fear.

3# (n.) A painful emotion or passion excited by the expectation of evil, or the apprehension of impending danger; apprehension; anxiety; solicitude; alarm; dread.

4# (n.) To be anxious or solicitous for.

5# (n.) A variant of Fere, a mate, a companion.

6# (v. i.) To be in apprehension of evil; to be afraid; to feel anxiety on account of some expected evil.

7# (n.) To have a reverential awe of; to solicitous to avoid the displeasure of.

8# (n.) To suspect; to doubt.

9# (n.) Respectful reverence for men of authority or worth.

10# (n.) Apprehension of incurring, or solicitude to avoid, God's wrath; the trembling and awful reverence felt toward the Supreme Belng.

11# (n.) To feel a painful apprehension of; to be afraid of; to consider or expect with emotion of alarm or solicitude

----------------------------

If you want to go with choice number 9, by means of a life raft.. I'll direct you back to the quotes I posted about fearing god. These quotes have nothing to do with a respectful reverence such as with LEOs, Judges and so forth. Gawd is not able to take anyone questioning him and demands LOVE and blind obedience because he demands it, not because it's earned. Anyone that doesn't FEAR him is said to be a fool and lacks wisdom or knowledge. He also demands death to all whom refuse to comply blindly. This is the same type of "Fear" Hitler and Stalin were champions in. People feared and feared not to love those men too, for much the same reasons. To save their lives at any cost.

whereas, I disagree.

As to how can it be? Simple, the buybull is bullshit and contradicts itself at near every direction. One would be pressed to find a story that wasn't contradicted by another story or 'law'. This is exactly why some say.. Christ is the bringer of the sword and not peace and is a divider not a uniter from Luke 12:51-53 and others say Christ is about peace and love not harm. Colossians 3:15 Both stances have scripture to back it up. Both blatantly contradict each other. The same applys with the fear.

:ugh: Which meaning do you want to use then?

1# (n.) That which causes, or which is the object of, apprehension or alarm; source or occasion of terror; danger; dreadfulness.

2# (n.) To affright; to terrify; to drive away or prevent approach of by fear.

3# (n.) A painful emotion or passion excited by the expectation of evil, or the apprehension of impending danger; apprehension; anxiety; solicitude; alarm; dread.

4# (n.) To be anxious or solicitous for.

5# (n.) A variant of Fere, a mate, a companion.

6# (v. i.) To be in apprehension of evil; to be afraid; to feel anxiety on account of some expected evil.

7# (n.) To have a reverential awe of; to solicitous to avoid the displeasure of.

8# (n.) To suspect; to doubt.

9# (n.) Respectful reverence for men of authority or worth.

10# (n.) Apprehension of incurring, or solicitude to avoid, God's wrath; the trembling and awful reverence felt toward the Supreme Belng.

11# (n.) To feel a painful apprehension of; to be afraid of; to consider or expect with emotion of alarm or solicitude

----------------------------

If you want to go with choice number 9, by means of a life raft.. I'll direct you back to the quotes I posted about fearing god. These quotes have nothing to do with a respectful reverence such as with LEOs, Judges and so forth. Gawd is not able to take anyone questioning him and demands LOVE and blind obedience because he demands it, not because it's earned. Anyone that doesn't FEAR him is said to be a fool and lacks wisdom or knowledge. He also demands death to all whom refuse to comply blindly. This is the same type of "Fear" Hitler and Stalin were champions in. People feared and feared not to love those men too, for much the same reasons. To save their lives at any cost.

I will go with revential awe and respectful reverence, and do notice all those different definitions

you must be the neighbor I was talking about then that only sees fear as abusive and controling? Is that what you are saying by your tone and words to me? Cause you are denying the other definitions that I shared that are in your quote. You seem to be making my case to me but then Im not always getting the point so I could be wrong.

you really do see God as a tyrant? then I wouldnt serve Him either if that is how I saw Him. And you shouldnt serve that hateful abusive fearful God either imo in fact, that other kind of fear up there is the kind that His Love manifested casts out.

so kudos to you

and kudos to me

I think we could actually hang out lol

kept

I will go with revential awe and respectful reverence, and do notice all those different definitions

Please re-read the last part of my quote which I left here.

you must be the neighbor I was talking about then that only sees fear as abusive and controling? Is that what you are saying by your tone and words to me? Cause you are denying the other definitions that I shared that are in your quote. You seem to be making my case to me but then Im not always getting the point so I could be wrong.

:ugh: I wasn't abused by my parents and I take offense that you would think so. How odd of you to Judge me personally, you don't know jack about me or my life. I'm not the one calling abuse love Soj, you are. I always get called on my "tone", it bites I can't actually put my 'tone' into print. I'm direct is all. No tone intended. Chalk up my 'tone' as New England charm... ------------> :Wendywhatever: <----------

Fear in the buybull is abusive and controlling Sojourner. What part of Love me or die is not abusive and controlling to you? What part of Fear me or Die is not abusive or controlling to you?

you really do see God as a tyrant?

I don't see 'god' as anything, I have yet to see any proof of its existance. *IF* the stories in the buybull were true, God would be the definition of evil, Yes.

so kudos to you

and kudos to me

Sure......... :grin:

In response to the OP's original demon story, here is a twist using theistic logic:

Suppose christianity were EVIL. You drift away from it, so the devil, not wanting you to think for yourself, not wanting you to STOP brainwashing your kids, thinks; "hmmm how to get them back in church?"... Answer, send some minion to them, scare the shit out of them!

Devil says: They will think my nemisis god did it, as a sign, then go running back to the church, right where I want them, brainwashed, misinformed and on a road straight to hell.

OTOH if it *really* were god trying to re-recruit you, he would have sent glorious angels, stroking your kids hair while humming beutifull angel music in their ears. Or maybe a friendly but *sad* angel, emploring you to re-consider, or maybe not emploring you at all, how about *just a crying angel*?

OK class, which of the above scenarios would *cause* one to be a stronger re-christian?

Case closed.

hehe

Please re-read the last part of my quote which I left here.

:ugh: I wasn't abused by my parents and I take offense that you would think so. How odd of you to Judge me personally, you don't know jack about me or my life. I'm not the one calling abuse love Soj, you are. I always get called on my "tone", it bites I can't actually put my 'tone' into print. I'm direct is all. No tone intended. Chalk up my 'tone' as New England charm... ------------> :Wendywhatever: <----------

Huh? I wasnt talking about your parents but about God, you sounded as if you were coming from a place of having been in a relationship with an abusive God, one like you describe below as abusive and controlling....

Fear in the buybull is abusive and controlling Sojourner. What part of Love me or die is not abusive and controlling to you? What part of Fear me or Die is not abusive or controlling to you?

I dont relate to that kind of God, thats your view of God apparently cause its not mine or the one you want me to say those verses come from and I wont cause I dont know that abusive God like you describe......just cause I believe in God doesnt mean I believe in the one you are describing.

you really do see God as a tyrant?

I don't see 'god' as anything, I have yet to see any proof of its existance. *IF* the stories in the buybull were true, God would be the definition of evil, Yes.

so kudos to you

and kudos to me

Sure......... :grin:

ok maybe we wont be best friends afterall :grin:

but what really is hard for me is for folks to assign certain beliefs to me then get pissed off when I dont defend them or agree with them

sorry no abusive God in my beliefs

sojourner

You know, I was joking about Peach losing it - but in a way I wasn't.

This is the kind of shit that makes me nervous. One minute people are protecting their kids from demons, and before you know it they turn the corner mentally and now the kids have become the demons, and the mom cures the kids with a butcher knife.

People go schizo over shit like this all the time. And if the parents manage to hold it together, the kids have got to be warped to the point of no return. It's fuckin criminal. All over a dumb-ass religious imagination out of control.

Fuck I feel bad for kids who have to be subjected to this shit.

Huh? I wasnt talking about your parents but about God, you sounded as if you were coming from a place of having been in a relationship with an abusive God, one like you describe below as abusive and controlling....

You were talking about your relationship with your parents and compared that to the abusive relationship your neighbor had in dealing with fear. Then you said I must have been your neighbor, implying I was the kid that lived next to you with the abusive parents. At least that's how I read it..?

For what it's worth, I was raised by fear of god, which is probably why it hits home to me. (Pentecostal Assembly of God) Demons around every corner waiting to trip you up. (You figuratively is what I mean) Hell fire and damnation waiting with baited breath for your lowly human worthless ass to falter, I detest when people attempt to dismiss the dogma as love when it is abuse. Personally, liberal or fanatic they all carry the same dangerous doctrine. It is up to ones mind as to what degrees will suit them. As Gramps said once that has stayed with me ever sense. It's not the people who are willing to die for their cult that so much worry me, it's those willing to kill for it. They all do it in Gods name and all feel justified in doing so.

All fanatics start with building blocks. All fanatics have "Scripture" to back up their evil deeds. Just because liberal believers choose not to see or read the evil bible verses doesn't mean they aren't there.

ok maybe we wont be best friends afterall :grin:

but what really is hard for me is for folks to assign certain beliefs to me then get pissed off when I dont defend them or agree with them

sorry no abusive God in my beliefs

sojourner

I'm not pissed at you Soj, I'm angry at the dogma and the mindset that holds people hostage to a slave god. I'm sure off the topic of religion we'd get along just fine. I read somewhere on here that you were never raised in the church. It is good to hear that and probably why you have such a neutral feeling toward it. There are many of us here who have had to live thru and deal with literal terror of hell, demons, satanic attacks and the whole nine yards. Emotional abuse and being ruled by hysteria. I don't think you understand the mountain one has to climb to be able to look their fear of an evil god in the face and walk past it. Give it up and be released from it. The deeper people are programmed into the cults, the harder it is to break out. I'm talking being indoctrinated by every aspect of their lives. morning, noon and night, Being forced to taking a pass at real education to learn the buybull and that sort of thing. EXC as I said in the other thread is our safe haven. I don't think it should be required that the victims of the cult have to explain their self to every true ™ Christians who comes here touting that their ways are different.

You may only look at the part of your dogma that is pleasing and comforting to you, that's all fine and well. But by no means dismiss the evils that we here have gone thru mandated by the bible and by church doctrine.

Thank you for responding and sharing more of where you are coming from, I think I just used a poor analogy that didnt really connect

Your right, I dont understand the mountain you have climbed. I was never a part of a hell fire and fundie type of church except for a few months when I first started attending a church. But even with that said I am married to a man in the ministry as we speak. I dont attend church but about once a month now. Just to show my love for him really when I do go.

I cannot handle church. It drives me nuts, I am repulsed by so much of what goes on there. I am in a very tough situation though because I do love my husband and I do love God and I do still believe in Jesus Christ. What I dont believe in is how this is used to control people and putting fear in people. Presenting a God that is hateful, vindictive and unloving to me is worse, much worse than presenting no God at all. I am much more at home on this forum then I am in church. I would rather hang with folks that dont believe there is a God then ones that push the God like the one that most of chirstiendom preaches.

I honestly must admit for most of my christian life I never thought about hell. I was a selfish christian, one that was in it for me I suppose and not much else. I cant say I ever cared that much if people went to heaven or hell. Sick I know, but that is the truth. When it was brought up I backfiled it, didnt think about it. I have much respect for those that couldnt do that, shows you are much more caring, intelligent and just human than I ever was back then.

When I began to believe in a loving God then is when I began to consider hell for reals and how shallow and uncaring I had been all those years. Then I began to seriously see what i mess I was.

well Ive rambled enough

sojourner

Thank you for responding and sharing more of where you are coming from, I think I just used a poor analogy that didnt really connect

{ Snip }

well Ive rambled enough

sojourner

Thank you for your honesty and understanding as well! :thanks: On a personal level, I think you'll do just fine here, You're bright, quick witted and are capable of looking past your beliefs. It's nice to meet ya!! :)

An interesting experience Peach. But beware of abandoning your reason and discernment because of an experience of some kind. An experience of that kind does not mean ergo the whole bible suddenly becomes the Word of god again. That your life felt empty and you were hungry for a spiritual pathway is legitimate......in Jungian terms it could well be that your own unconscious mind (fuelled by the religious/spiritual hunger)created and /or interpreted the experience, in order to embrace evangelical christianity again, thus ending your existential chaos. By saying that prayer you gave permission for it to happen.

:nono:

The day she came downstairs scared to death because one had grabbed her was the day my husband saw one about 4 feet tall and in vivid white color manifested as a sweet-looking little girl. A few days later, I saw what he saw, except that it was a grayish white in color.

It sounds like you had a dream while you were semi awake as I have had those many times.

Also sometimes if you drink wine before going to bed you will have semi awake dreams.

But from what you describe it sounds like you are reading from some movie script as there is no way on earth a rational person is going to believe your story of demons and invisible cats jumping on your bed.

All of it has a logical explanation, but if you pull your children into this fantasy trip you will be doing them a lot of harm mentally, and when they become adults they will not know the difference between reality and fantasy.

This is one way how children become brainwashed and when they become adults they will still be so immature mentally that they will be like zombies not knowing what to believe or not believe.

You are a grown person, you should stop acting like a little child believing in such nonsense as your mind is running away with you.

Get a hold of yourself and ration this thing out before you turn your kids into a bunch of schizos.

• 1 month later...
This very evening I had the opportunity to hear several accounts of “demonic activity†from the testimonies of student missionaries who were recruiting tonight at my university. (I’m beyond glad to be leaving this place in December—and, man, December cannot come fast enough).

Testimony 1: Young student missionary gets up front to preach a sermon to the natives in some foreign country. The power goes out, so he preaches by the light of his laptop; next he feels tapping on his leg that goes away whenever he looks down. He decides to ignore it and finish his sermon, and the tapping eventually dissipates.

Testimony 2: Student missionary chick is trying to go to sleep at night and wakes up suddenly, feeling something brushing against her leg in the bed. In reaction, another SM comments, “Wow, demons crawling into bed with you! That’s creepy!â€

Testimony 3: Another SM chick, who is posted in a small island country is trying to go to bed, and hears vodou music from the natives. Girl reads some bible texts and prays, and the music stops.

All through these proceedings, I was thinking about this thread and just laughing inwardly at the preposterousness of the claims. Seriously, let’s say a demon exists, and it wants to cause trouble, why on earth would it do it in a way that is so . . . well . . . lame? ...

That was my thought as I read the OP. Many of the demon stories you here are just... very pathetic. Very vague. And having God prove himself by sending demons... to do vaguely pathetic things... well, what can anyone say about that? I do not question the sincerity of the OP, but really -- it's lame.

Demonology was always of interest to me (not the practice of it :) ... but the reading of "experiences") because I so much wanted to find some evidence of the supernatural. But so far, nothing. Nothing is very convincing. Even Scott Peck's accounts of two exorcisms, while interesting as psychological explorations, really did not seem to truly breach the natural world. I think there was a Christian missionary (Yee?) over in China who put together 100 years ago a lot of accounts of Chinese demon possessions, which was interesting... but they were still vague, and set in another culture, so I could not really evaluate them very well.

Possession as fitting into church folklore and the pentecostals (etc.) seems to be real fluff. Deliverance services don't seem to be much better; it seems very contrived and to be merely the power of suggestion.