Goodbye Jesus

A Divine Revelation Of Hell

Guest virraszto

Guest virraszto

I stumbled upon this site tonight.

"Hear the eyewitness testimony on the True Existence of Hell. Mary Katherine Baxter was chosen by God to let the world know of the REALITY of Hell. Jesus Christ appeared to Mary Baxter on 40 consecutive nights and took Mary on a tour of Hell and Heaven. She walked, with Jesus, through the horrors of Hell and talked with many people. Jesus showed her what happens to souls when they die and what happens to the unbelievers and Servants of God who do not obey there calling."

This woman has wrote a book about her experiences of going to heaven and hell with god. You can read the text on the site and it's also available for download in mp3. I started listening to her, and I just do not understand this.

I don't understand how a seemingly normal healthy person can have these visions or whatever they are. If I were hearing voices in my head, I would go to a dr. What is this woman suffering from that would make her believe she spent 40 nights with god walking through heaven and hell?

If I still believed in god or jesus, after reading/listening to this woman's story, I would certainly rethink my whole belief system. If, and we know this isn't true, but IF it were, how anyone, much less a loving god allow this to happen???

Here's the link. If you just read the first 2 chapters, you'll understand what I'm talking about.

Divine Revelation of Hell

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• currentchristian

• mwc

• Kelli

• Ouroboros

People say that sex sells, and it does, but so does fear. Just look at the news media - they don't make their money reporting good news.

Fear sells.

"Hear the eyewitness testimony on the True Existence of Hell. Mary Katherine Baxter was chosen by God to let the world know of the REALITY of Hell. Jesus Christ appeared to Mary Baxter on 40 consecutive nights and took Mary on a tour of Hell and Heaven. She walked, with Jesus, through the horrors of Hell and talked with many people. Jesus showed her what happens to souls when they die and what happens to the unbelievers and Servants of God who do not obey there calling."

This woman has wrote a book about her experiences of going to heaven and hell with god. You can read the text on the site and it's also available for download in mp3. I started listening to her, and I just do not understand this.

I don't understand how a seemingly normal healthy person can have these visions or whatever they are. If I were hearing voices in my head, I would go to a dr. What is this woman suffering from that would make her believe she spent 40 nights with god walking through heaven and hell?

If I still believed in god or jesus, after reading/listening to this woman's story, I would certainly rethink my whole belief system. If, and we know this isn't true, but IF it were, how anyone, much less a loving god allow this to happen???

Here's the link. If you just read the first 2 chapters, you'll understand what I'm talking about.

If God wants to reveal hellfire to us (a place I do not believe exists), all 6 billion of us, or at least 6 million of us, need to have the same dream for 40 nights in a row. That would be a revelation. These private revelations are nonsensical.

Speaking of nonsense, have you heard of the Missouri boy recently found in St. Louis after being missing for over four years? It's been all over the national news: Shawn Hornbeck is the boy's name. (As an aside, he's from my home county in Missouri, so I have followed this case over the years.) Well, he has been recovered safe and sound, happily! What's interesting is that both James Van Praagh and Sylvia Browne (well-known psychics) had declared the boy dead! Van Praagh on his show and Browne on "Montel Williams" both revealed to his parents that their son was dead!

I wonder if Larry King will ask these two about this failure next time they are on his show -- and they are at least once or twice a year!

-CC in MA

I have my doubts as to whether she even actually experienced these "visions", or whether she simply wrote it as pure fiction derived perhaps from a nightmare. Either way, it's fodder for the believers, and she'll probably make a chunk of change.

Having read the first couple of chapters, I can say that Jebus character is sure one heartless bastard...

From her vision: "Many lesbians, homosexuals and adulterers are in these cells."

What's the difference between a lesbian and a homosexual? Are not lesbians also homosexuals? :Doh:

-CC in MA

Guest virraszto

There was also a woman who divorced her husband because he cheated on her...and she didn't forgive him. Not forgiving was her ticket to hell.

And two Christian men who did not give money to people they knew would misuse it...

"I tried to witness to my neighbor about Jesus, but he wouldn't even listen. When his wife died, he came to me to borrow the money for her funeral, but I remembered that Jesus had said we should be wise as serpents and harmless as doves. So I turned him away. I knew he would spend the money for something else anyway. We have to be good stewards of our money, you know."

The first man who had spoken now spoke again. "Yes, brother," he said, "a boy at our church needed clothes and shoes, but his father drinks,' so I refused to buy anything for his son-we really taught that man a lesson."

"Well," said another man, as he held the rope of bondage in his hands and twisted it all about him nervously, "we must always teach others to live like Jesus. That man had no right to drink. Let him suffer. "

Jesus said, "O foolish people and slow of heart, awaken to the truth, and love one another with fervent love. Help the helpless. Give to those in need without any thought of getting anything in return.”

All supposedly Christians... but they were banished to hell. I can't believe I sat and read that whole thing. What a bunch of garbage. The more I read, the more I realized either this woman is severely dilusional, or she found a great way to make some money.....What a sick person either way!!

People actually believe this stuff! Wow!

Guest virraszto

I don't see an edit button, so I'll try this.

I was always taught that as long as you accepted christ and were 'saved' that's all you needed to get to heaven. According to this woman, that's not the case. You have to be 'saved' and repent your sins...every single one of them or you'll go straight to hell. Everyone sins.... every Christian sins....so according to this woman... they will all burn in hell.

I was taught that you had to believe, and be baptized to be saved (and I was...and nothing could snatch me out of jesus' hand) but I was later taught by my fundie Baptist school that you couldn't have any unrepented sins when you died otherwise it was into the fiery pit for you. This wound my brain into knots with worry and even though I played it off like it was no big deal I prayed a lot, for everything, just to be on the safe side. I even practiced a prayer that I could say with my last breath in case I got in a car accident or something like that so I could be covered. How sick is that? We're talking around 12 or 13 is when I started this psycho trip...and it went on for the next 20.

mwc

I was taught that you had to believe, and be baptized to be saved (and I was...and nothing could snatch me out of jesus' hand) but I was later taught by my fundie Baptist school that you couldn't have any unrepented sins when you died otherwise it was into the fiery pit for you. This wound my brain into knots with worry and even though I played it off like it was no big deal I prayed a lot, for everything, just to be on the safe side. I even practiced a prayer that I could say with my last breath in case I got in a car accident or something like that so I could be covered. How sick is that? We're talking around 12 or 13 is when I started this psycho trip...and it went on for the next 20.

mwc

This was spiritual child abuse. Definitely.

-CC in MA

This is the trip you get when you read Dante and eat shrooms.

Casey

Reminds me of 23 Minutes in Hell, this hilarious book I saw while doing some Christmas shopping a month ago. Problem is the book isn't meant to amuse; it's meant to scare. If it hadn't been so expensive, I would have bought it to have a good laugh at home.

Real hell is believing in gods, church, and religion. The guilt of sin and the need for forgiveness from some imaginary father in the sky who knows all, but created you sinful anyway. Real hell is a lifetime of unanswered prayers, running to church on rainy/snowy Sundays and paying thousands to an institution that couldn't keep up with paying off victims of priest pediophiles. Thats FUCKIN hell.Alleluia!

At least she only spent 30 days in hell instead of getting impregnated by the Wholly Schpook. :lmao:

This was spiritual child abuse. Definitely.

That's called plain vanilla fundamentalism.

I will agree that it's a form of child abuse but since it involves religion it's perfectly acceptable and even desirable. My parents were not like this...unlike other people on this sight. They simply, and unknowingly, shipped me off to a brainwashing and torture camp each and every day of the week. On the plus side, other than science, the education itself was quite good overall (people like it when you find that silver lining ;) ).

mwc

After reading more of this book, here are my thoughts:

1) Really bad writing. Supposedly she walked through hell in living color, yet she can't even describe anything in real detail. Also, half the time Jesus is talking King James, the other half he's using words and phrases like "Modern Communication Systems." Ugh! As a writer myself, I hesitate to publicly criticize another writer, but this stuff just sucks. Obviously fiction, and bad fiction at that. Makes me want to pick up a bad romance novel. Atlanta Nights, specifically.

2) Through the first few paragraphs I must honestly admit that an inkling of doubt started to wash over me and thoughts of "maybe I'm wrong..." Then when she started talking about Jesus looking "sad" about all those people burning in the pits, I snapped back to reality. Jesus is supposedly all-powerful, and supposedly he still loves these people, but it was "too late" for them, so he leaves them all to suffer for eternity because their "judgment was set." I mean, WTF? He's all powerful and he loves them, they're begging for mercy and even the writer who is supposedly accompanying him feels sorry for them and is asking why they can't be freed, and he turns his back on them and walks away, saying only that it's "too late." Mothergodfuckingdammit, I can't even begin to write how completely idiotic and sad that is, all at the same time. Incomprehensible.

3) So all these people are burning in the pits, burning flesh hanging off of them, feeling the burning pain and worms crawling through their flesh with even more sensitivity than when they were alive on earth. They can think, feel, feel pain, have all their memories and knowledge of their life on earth, and even cry out to Jesus and ask for forgiveness, yet somehow "death" has made it too late Jesus to forgive them. That really makes no sense at all. Still pondering that one.

Ack! I have more thoughts on this, but suffice it to say that Mary K. Baxter has just strengthened my disbelief in hell. What is hard to believe is that someone thought this shit up and still others have the balls to preach it like it's truth.

From the book:

I looked at my body. For the first time I noticed that I was in a spirit form, and my form was in the shape of myself. I wondered what was next.

We stopped at another pit. I felt such pity for all of them and such sorrow that I was physically weak and could hardly stand. Great sobs shook me. "Jesus, I hurt so inside," I said.

I think MKB could have written the bible. Her writing is about on par and contains enough contradictions...

Sorry, I can't help but continue to pick this silly book apart. Writers trying to pass off fiction as truth is a pet peeve of mine, especially when the writing isn't even remotely good or believable.

Before I came here I was a prostitute. I took men and women for their money and called what we did 'love.'

:lmao:

Only an ignorant fundy would say or think something like that.

I'm not sure what your compaints are Celt Cat. Apparently YOU have never spent much time with jesus in the other worlds like this lady did. ;)

Also, you last complain has no merit. Jesus was also a physical spirit when he resurrected (for example his appearing at will like a ghost but able to eat food and not have it plop back out of him when he disappeared) and so she can be one too. It's all perfectly logical. :twitch:

mwc

I heard evil laughter and recognized I was lying in the dirt before Satan.

Satan said, "At last I have you!"

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

OMG! I'm literally going to fall off my chair in a minute. This shit is just hilarious. Worse than a bad romance novel, I hate bad sci-fi. Anyone who believes this hokey shit should believe that William Shatner really is Captian Kirk and that there really is a Starship Enterprise.

I'm not sure what your compaints are Celt Cat. Apparently YOU have never spent much time with jesus in the other worlds like this lady did. ;)

Either that or I'm just not smoking the really good stuff. Or I'm just not a very good liar.

Also, you last complain has no merit. Jesus was also a physical spirit when he resurrected (for example his appearing at will like a ghost but able to eat food and not have it plop back out of him when he disappeared) and so she can be one too. It's all perfectly logical. :twitch:

mwc

BTW, just so you guys know, Mary K. Baxter is her pen name. The author's real name is Helen Backe.

"Lord Jesus," the man cried out from the burning pit, "haven't I suffered enough for my sins? It has been forty years since my death."

Jesus said, "It is written, The just shall live by faith!' All mockers and unbelievers shall have their part in the lake of fire. You would not believe the truth. Many times My people were sent to you to show you the way, but you would not listen to them. You laughed at them and refused the gospel. Even though I died on a cross for you, you mocked Me and would not repent of your sins. My Father gave you many opportunities to be saved. If only you had listened!" Jesus wept.

"I know, Lord, I know!" the man cried. "But I repent now."

"It is too late," said Jesus. "Judgment is set."

The man continued, "Lord, some of my people are coming here, for they also will not repent. Please, Lord, let me go tell them that they must repent of their sins while they are still on earth. I do not want them to come here."

Jesus said, "They have preachers, teachers, elders-all ministering the gospel. They will tell them. They also have the advantages of the modern communications systems and many other ways to learn of Me. I sent workers to them that they might believe and be saved. If they will not believe when they hear the gospel, neither will they be persuaded though one rises from the dead."

And all jesus can do is rip off the story of the Rich Man and Lazarus?

This isn't even original tripe.

The funny part of this exchange is jesus is having this lady write this book to save people from going to hell, and he assures her it will save many, but he won't resurrect this man for the same reason because he says the dead returning to life and telling of hell won't convince anyone.

Jesus is a moron.

mwc

"Lord Jesus," the man cried out from the burning pit, "haven't I suffered enough for my sins? It has been forty years since my death."

Jesus said, "It is written, The just shall live by faith!' All mockers and unbelievers shall have their part in the lake of fire. You would not believe the truth. Many times My people were sent to you to show you the way, but you would not listen to them. You laughed at them and refused the gospel. Even though I died on a cross for you, you mocked Me and would not repent of your sins. My Father gave you many opportunities to be saved. If only you had listened!" Jesus wept.

"I know, Lord, I know!" the man cried. "But I repent now."

"It is too late," said Jesus. "Judgment is set."

The man continued, "Lord, some of my people are coming here, for they also will not repent. Please, Lord, let me go tell them that they must repent of their sins while they are still on earth. I do not want them to come here."

Jesus said, "They have preachers, teachers, elders-all ministering the gospel. They will tell them. They also have the advantages of the modern communications systems and many other ways to learn of Me. I sent workers to them that they might believe and be saved. If they will not believe when they hear the gospel, neither will they be persuaded though one rises from the dead."

And all jesus can do is rip off the story of the Rich Man and Lazarus?

This isn't even original tripe.

The funny part of this exchange is jesus is having this lady write this book to save people from going to hell, and he assures her it will save many, but he won't resurrect this man for the same reason because he says the dead returning to life and telling of hell won't convince anyone.

Jesus is a moron.

mwc

Good catch! Methinks I may rip this book apart on youtube :wicked:

Funny as hell, LOL.

Reminds me of 23 Minutes in Hell, this hilarious book I saw while doing some Christmas shopping a month ago. Problem is the book isn't meant to amuse; it's meant to scare. If it hadn't been so expensive, I would have bought it to have a good laugh at home.

I'd rather read 90 Minutes in Heaven! But I don't believe that story, either.

-CC in MA

Well, if you rip this book on YouTube be sure to do like jesus does and remind your viewers (or readers in the case of the book) every other word that this story is true and that heaven and hell is real. No really. They're real. See how this person is dead and their flesh burns up but bones don't (yet cremation pretty much burns bones somehow) and the soul lives inside the skeleton? Well, that proves hell is really real. It just is real. Really. And it looks like a chick on her back. So pray now.

On the plus side apparently men can fuck over their wives as much as they like and the wife just has to forgive them or go the really real hell. Take that wives! You bring it on yourselves according to jesus (who's really real too).

He's sorry but all judgements are final...even though Judgement Day technically hasn't happened yet...and demons punish you even though he says hell way created as a place to put the demons as their punishment. Hell sure is complicated.

Argh! Reading this book feels like this :poke:

mwc