Goodbye Jesus

Heaven and Hell

thomas

Ok ... I'm just postulating here but if in order to be 'perfect' - heaven would have to be imperfect .... does that apply to earth as well?... all those arguments where people say if god created the world then he created evil as well so he must be bad if indeed he exists at all ... well is that really true? or is this (a world in which there is both good and evil) at some base level - how we like it?

Ok for a moment there I thought I'd stumbled on something new ... then I remembered I've seen the 'matrix' more than once .... but what are we saying ... that we want Heaven to be just a little bit imperfect ... or just like the world is now?

I guess most of us would think that we would want there to be no incurable disease, no terrible accidents, no torture, no murder, no child abuse ...

Is heaven having occasions when you lose a game of chess or fluff the pool shot but nothing much worse than that ever happens ...Would that produce enough of the adrenaline rush that life here can give ... would learning have the same kick if there was nothing really bad to make good as a result of your research? Would love have the same intensity if there wasn't a chance that one day the one we love would be gone?

Hesitent... everything you said... GOOD POINT!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Amanda

• thomas

• Lokmer

• Ouroboros

Would I like to spend trillions of years with Fundies as my companions? At least in Hell there would be a lot more interresting people to talk to. Cleopatra anyone?