Goodbye Jesus

Discussion With Wishful

Ouroboros

I said I translated THE GREEK NEW TESTAMENT, Fourth Revised Edition, and if what is there is "parthenos" and the English equivalent is "virgin", then that's it. Thanks a lot.

Er, so it's NOT the word of your "God" then is it, ha ha!

Hebrews 1:1... Thanks...

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• arseniajoaquin

• Jun

• Ouroboros

• Grandpa Harley

All the in-fighting and name-calling that was going on in the Philo church while I was a member made a Jerry Springer episode look pretty lame. The Philos (as do most Christians) have an extreme ego that they won't allow to be bruised. They would fight over who sat where in the choir, who decided the songs, who arranged the flowers, who had the rights to visit the priest at his house, who would hold the next prayer meeting, who had the biggest house.........They even had arguments over who donated the most money to the church and therefore was more dedicated to "God."

I said I translated THE GREEK NEW TESTAMENT, Fourth Revised Edition, and if what is there is "parthenos" and the English equivalent is "virgin", then that's it. Thanks a lot.

Er, so it's NOT the word of your "God" then is it, ha ha!

Hebrews 1:1... Thanks...

Hebrews 1;1 What? It's just words in a fictional book.

All the in-fighting and name-calling that was going on in the Philo church while I was a member made a Jerry Springer episode look pretty lame. The Philos (as do most Christians) have an extreme ego that they won't allow to be bruised. They would fight over who sat where in the choir, who decided the songs, who arranged the flowers, who had the rights to visit the priest at his house, who would hold the next prayer meeting, who had the biggest house.........They even had arguments over who donated the most money to the church and therefore was more dedicated to "God."

LOL sounds like a group of people in *serious* need of a life...

God, I hope I am never that bored, that's gotta be hardcore boredom with life to jump that deep into something/anythin your own common sense knows is bullshit deep inside...

It's easy to learn Greek. Or if you have personal access to Greek scholars, why not ask them and ask them to sincerely tell the truth.

One should not have to ask someone to tell the truth.

Regardless, Arsenia... It doesn't matter to me one bit if you're translating from Hebrew, Greek, Aramaic, Akkadian, Farsi, Saulteaux or Esperanto. The fact remains that the Bible is a man-made book that purports to tell us about beings that have not been detected in the physical world. It may occasionally get a historical detail correct, but its hypotheses regarding supernatural entities are currently untestable.

For this reason, "Biblical accuracy" can pertain only to physical details and can say nothing meaningful on the existence or non-existence of the Biblical god(s).

You tell it like it is Astreja.

And it's very exciting (for me at least) to read the real word of God.

Bwha ha hah ha hahahahahahaa! :lmao:

Isn't the Qur'an the "real" word of "God?"

Can you explain then these contradictions from the bible? - Take your time oh translator of the "True Word of God.â„¢"

1. whack a fucking doodle posts all damn damn... Err, trimmed guts out of a Whole Quote'd post kFL

2. [ururl]

And another question for you oh "Holy Translator," who was Enoch's mother?

1 Tim. 2:4 - "God wills all men to be saved and to come into a full knowledge of the truth." You know so many things... what is lacking is full knowledge of the truth. All answers to your questions are in the Holy Bible, search the scriptures is you want to be saved.

Ms arseniajoaquin it is totally unecessary to do what is known in polite internet discussion as a "Whole Quote".

Taking and pushing the "quote" button and not taking out the multitudes of lines of text not being discussed into your post is, simply uncivilized.

If you care to take some of this exhalted brain matter of yours and notice, your 'wholly quoted' post has been trimmed,

one to save page space,

and two to save the Bosses bandwith you are guest using,

and three, it just fucking pisses me off.

NO ONE needs to have to re-read a whole lengthy information filled post just to find a one or two line unrelated post a the bottom of it.

Understand this, continue to spam up *my space*, *my home*, with bullshit, and I'll simply shovel you out the front door.

This is your first, and last warning about "Whole Quoting". Please refrain from doing so again

kFL

1 Tim. 2:4 - "God wills all men to be saved and to come into a full knowledge of the truth." You know so many things... what is lacking is full knowledge of the truth. All answers to your questions are in the Holy Bible, search the scriptures is you want to be saved.

Nice question dodging you did there. Any chance you can explain the contradictions in the bible? If not then it is you who is lacking full knowledge of the truth. We have long since decided (it is ex-christian.net by the way, did you miss that part?) that there is two parts of fuck-all truth to be found within the bible and a large portion of evil after having studied it for many years.

I am not saying that all the earlier translations are wrong. I was converted studying the existing versions of the Holy Bible. But there is really a big difference. I can't mention all.

OK, I am all for brevity, mention some of the differences then. We don't require an enormous list.

Somebody posted John 3:16-21 from the NIV and The Message. I also posted the same verses from THE WILL BIBLE (NEW TESTAMENT). From those few verses alone, we can already see many differences. Thanks.

Here's my question: why is all this understanding of the Greek necessary to understanding the bible? If this is the inspired word of god, one would think that god would ensure that the most important parts of the message survived translation. Furthermore, if understanding the Greek is so vital, are you wasting your time here instead of urging your fellow christians to learning Greek and subsequently poring over the 'original' text in order to 'properly' understand god's message?

Or, does understanding the Greek take a back seat to accepting the message? In fact, do you even bother teaching your understanding of the Greek version of the NT to those who are already saved or simply un-churched, rather than the educated dissenters? Or do you not, thereby showing that what you offer is only worthwhile when dealing with people who dare to question the veracity, historicity, and clarity of your god's message in English?

Arse, (your name is too long to continually type it, can I call you Arse?) your doing some pretty darn good question dodging there. The truth is you can't answer our questions because you don't know the answers. Spitting forth bibble dribble doesn't answer the questions posted. As rational thinking people we aren't suckered into believing in your scripture and supernatural tales.

People only speak of "God." You cannot offer us proof that "God" exists (and only your "God" as opposed to the many others made up by other cultures down through time).

What advantage can there be in believing in supernatural deities? It is unprofitable - unless you are the church. Religion based upon the belief in a supernatural deity is based upon speculation. A religion based on "God" is therefore not worth having. It only creates superstition. The doctrine of belief in "God" is not based on truth.

Arse, have you seen or spoken to "God?" Have you heard from "God" directly? If you say yes, I would say that you are clearly in need of professional help. If you say no, then how can you be sure a "God" exists? If you say that it is because there is a book that records "the word of God," I would have to point out that this is heresay - now what kind of fool believes in heresay without first verifying the evidence?

If you claim that the universe is proof of "Gods" existence, I would say that perhaps Allah created the universe, or Zeus, or Izanagi. And that the universe is proof then of these gods existence.

I posit this question to you Arse - If "God" is omnipotent and is also the efficient cause of creation, then because of this man cannot have any desire to do anything, nor can there be any necessity to do anything, nor can he have the will to do anything or to put forth any effort at all. Man must remain a passive creature with no part to play in the affairs of the world. If this is so, why did "God" create man at all?

παÏακαλώ Ï€ÏοσφέÏετε μια απάντηση στις εÏωτήσεις μου

You cannot use the Bible to prove itself. Not now, not ever. Every time you attempt such a thing, you are committing the logical fallacy of petitio principii (circular reasoning; begging the question).

Stop pretending to have The Truth; you're not fooling anyone here. All you have is a faith-driven opinion.

Guess what? I have opinions, too.

I do not believe that your god exists, nor do I believe in "sin". Consequently, I'm of the opinion that no one actually needs to be "saved" from your god's annoyance and have no desire to be saved from this rather hypothetical danger.

Furthermore, I do not consider the Bible to be a reputable authority on anything other than ancient Semitic cosmology. As a result, I am highly unlikely to consult it as a resource except when doing studies in comparative mythology.

I am not saying that all the earlier translations are wrong. I was converted studying the existing versions of the Holy Bible. But there is really a big difference. I can't mention all.

OK, I am all for brevity, mention some of the differences then. We don't require an enormous list.

Somebody posted John 3:16-21 from the NIV and The Message. I also posted the same verses from THE WILL BIBLE (NEW TESTAMENT). From those few verses alone, we can already see many differences. Thanks.

I don't see many differences. A word here and there. So what? We still find it unbelievable. It seems like a waste of time to me.

Arsenia, is your avatar a picture of you? Why do you look so scared?

Exactly what is going on in your life? You look like you're dodging a blow to the head, but pretending it's not happening. I know what that's like. I had a father who was extremely volatile. He was a very strong Christian. He seldom hit anybody but he would explode in rage and his verbal abuse knew no limits. You'd have to pretend not to be afraid. You'd have to meekly stand and take it. It looks like you are in a similar situation.

Exactly what is going on in your life? You look like you're dodging a blow to the head, but pretending it's not happening. I know what that's like. I had a father who was extremely volatile. He was a very strong Christian. He seldom hit anybody but he would explode in rage and his verbal abuse knew no limits. You'd have to pretend not to be afraid. You'd have to meekly stand and take it. It looks like you are in a similar situation.

Looks stoned to me... lol

:dead:

Arse, have you seen or spoken to "God?" Have you heard from "God" directly?

Hebrews 1:1-2... Thanks a lot.

You cannot use the Bible to prove itself. Not now, not ever. Every time you attempt such a thing, you are committing the logical fallacy of petitio principii (circular reasoning; begging the question).

Stop pretending to have The Truth; you're not fooling anyone here. All you have is a faith-driven opinion.

Guess what? I have opinions, too.

I do not believe that your god exists, nor do I believe in "sin". Consequently, I'm of the opinion that no one actually needs to be "saved" from your god's annoyance and have no desire to be saved from this rather hypothetical danger.

Furthermore, I do not consider the Bible to be a reputable authority on anything other than ancient Semitic cosmology. As a result, I am highly unlikely to consult it as a resource except when doing studies in comparative mythology.

That's up to you. May God bless you.

Arse, (your name is too long to continually type it, can I call you Arse?)

Yes. Thanks.

Ms Biblica Arsenicazoidial:

Just in case ya'll missed this earthly admonition from one of the Bosses hired hands.....

Ms arseniajoaquin it is totally unecessary to do what is known in polite internet discussion as a "Whole Quote".

Taking and pushing the "quote" button and not taking out the multitudes of lines of text not being discussed into your post is, simply uncivilized.

If you care to take some of this exhalted brain matter of yours and notice, your 'wholly quoted' post has been trimmed,

one to save page space,

NO ONE needs to have to re-read a whole lengthy information filled post just to find a one or two line unrelated post a the bottom of it.

Understand this, continue to spam up *my space*, *my home*, with bullshit, and I'll simply shovel you out the front door.

This is your first, and last warning about "Whole Quoting". Please refrain from doing so again

kFL

Yes, that is my picture. You are free to say and do anything you want.

Ms Biblica Arsenicazoidial:

Just in case ya'll missed this earthly admonition from one of the Bosses hired hands.....

one to save page space,

kFL

I'm very sorry. At first I tried to select only those I wanted to be quoted but the whole was quoted. Then I did no longer click the Quote button but still it is quoted whole. Just a while ago I deleted those I didn't want and the quotes were lessened. Of course the owner can always do anything he wants including shoveling me out the front door. Again, I'm very sorry and thanks a lot.

I asked - in Greek - for you to offer answers to all our questions posted here; and you spew forth some rubbish from the bible. :twitch:

Sorry, but the bible doesn't prove itself. Please offer proof of your religion's validity and it's "God" outside of the "Holy book."

I don't see many differences. A word here and there. So what? We still find it unbelievable. It seems like a waste of time to me.

If you don't like to understand and you do not believe, that's up to you. Who told you to waste your time anyway.

If you don't like to understand and you do not believe, that's up to you. Who told you to waste your time anyway.

So who are you trying to reach here? Don't you think your efforts are waste here, considering that you're talking to EX-Christians. Do you know what that word means? It means "people who used to be Christians, lived the life as Christians, read the Bible and prayed and believed what you believe, but now they don't believe it anymore." In other words, do you think you have Bible verses that we haven't heard before? We have people here that went to bible schools, theological schools, seminaries and some even ministers and missionaries. So what do you have to offer that is different from anything we've heard thousands of times before?

My second point is how can someone "chose" to believe? I'm going to try right now... I'm chosing to believe... don't feel a thing... still I don't believe even if I'm trying to chose to... nah, I still don't think there is a God... we have a problem here regarding our different views of how belief works. So what is the difference?

I asked - in Greek - for you to offer answers to all our questions posted here; and you spew forth some rubbish from the bible. :twitch:

Sorry, but the bible doesn't prove itself. Please offer proof of your religion's validity and it's "God" outside of the "Holy book."

My religion - the Christian religion, is based on the Holy Bible. And if we are talking about God, the standard or the reference that should be used is the Holy Bible. If you do not believe in God and the Holy Bible as the Word of God which is the truth, there's nothing that we should talk about or our discussion would be endless and useless. Thanks a lot and may God bless you.

My religion - the Christian religion, is based on the Holy Bible. And if we are talking about God, the standard or the reference that should be used is the Holy Bible. If you do not believe in God and the Holy Bible as the Word of God which is the truth, there's nothing that we should talk about or our discussion would be endless and useless.

Then, ask you I do, Why are you here?

Thanks a lot and may God bless you.

Maraming salamat po, and may Satan bless you.