Goodbye Jesus

"personal Relationship" With God

Naughtyhamster

"And round and round it goes. It's enough to make you half goddamned loony."

Half? you've never seen the glassy-eyed robots I have to deal with. Fucking lights ain't even on, so I'm damned sure there ain't nobody home.

What always pisses me off to no end is the idea of "freedom"... Xtians are "free" in the Lawwd, so some of them are able to excuse their differences of opinion on doctrine with each other. Just get into a particularly fundie church, however, and watch how fast YOUR liberty to interpret the Bahble as you please is attacked. Fuck that. I choose to believe that "Jesus" (not anywhere near his real name) was a man who learned the universal principles that you can easily see outlined in almost any of the other noble belief systems of the world. He sounded Jewish because he was a Jew, for pete's sake. No need to reconcile his teachings with Yahwist Judaism, and certainly no need for or possibility of making Xtianity the logical outgrowth of said Judaism.

In short, I am beginning along a path that I was introduced to through the teachings of Buddhism. I believe, to a degree, that the teachings of Jesus reflect that path (insofar as his teachings have not been fucked with in the Bahble). I choose to remain, for now, in the Xtian church where my job is so I can hopefully help some others to shed the layers of shit that Xtianity has piled on top of poor Jay-zus.

And the Xtians hate me for that. My personal relationship with Jesus means shit to them. It's only real to them if I regurgitate their fucking brainless bile. Idiots. The only Xtians I have ever had meaningful dialogue with are Xtians that the "REAL, TRUUUUE BAHLEEVURRS" would have hung or burned a few decades ago... we better watch our asses, I guess. History DOES repeat itself, after all.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Grandpa Harley

• Mythra

• Fweethawt

• OnceConvinced

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images