Goodbye Jesus

Sick Of Fundy Excuses For Hell

Amethyst

Reminds me of my ex; nasty little bitch of a woman who looked down her nose at the whole world, it seemed. Unless they were acting just like she would have them act, they were weak, wicked, or stupid.

And I'm willing to bet that if you got sick of hearing this crap and pointed this out to her it was YOU that was really the giant judgmental asshole and not her, right?

mwc

It's like you've met her in person :mellow:

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ouroboros

• Connie Goodnow

• Antlerman

• Amethyst

:wicked: Well I had choices before I was even born. I laid around inside my mother's womb for over eight months with nothing to do, so I decided should I be born black or white? Jew or Gentile? Gay or straight? I am very sorry as I made all of the wrong choices as I chose to be born a Hebrew and gay. Shame on me, now I am going to hell. Oh I do hope Satan is a gay Jew and not a fundy Jew hating gay bashing preacher as I do not think I could put up with a Jew hating gay bashing fundy preacher for all eternity. Yeah and my ex-wife also chose before she was born to be a Jewish Lesbian. Ah wrong choice again Shirley. Should have chose to be Irish Christian straight person. Too late now girl, you are going to hell!

Oh save me Lard! I am so sorry I made the wrong choice laying around inside my mother's womb! Of sweet Jessie Crisco Lard of Heaven and Earth save me from my wrong choices. Ah men and ah women. In the name of the Fat One, the Son of a bitch and the Holy Goat.

What about mental patients? What about children (oh, but children are innocent...not if we're all BORN into sin...)? What about people who become brain damaged? What about genetic disorders such as down syndrome?

This is why the Catholics baptize babies, esp. newborns that are too ill and fragile to live. Given the very high mortality rate for infants in medieval Europe (two-thirds of live births ended in death before age 7) and the shortage of priests the anxiety of parents must have been huge.

My father is an alcoholic. Why aren't I one as well? Genetically related to my father. All the same tendencies, EXCEPT that one.

Sorry to tell you but I wholeheartedly REJECT any mindset that turns people into helpless, hapless, hopeless. Christianity or pop psychology.

I was once at the end of my rope too. I found it in me to fight. Have since made a tremendous bounceback.

Yes there ARE genetic predispositions. They are hard to overcome by yourself but NOT impossibly so.

As for hell, stop worrying. Just laugh at those foolish enough to believe in a hell. Trust me when I tell you its no longer your problem.

You sound exactly like a person we had some months ago who talked like a xian but claimed not to be. I forget her name but her picture had a lot of green in it and a female face. Surely someone remembers...She got the same identical treatment you're getting and she returned the same identical treatment in return. I'm being repetitive and redundant here. Trying to remember. Seems the name was Alice somebody but not "our" Alice. I'm sure the name is wrong. Anybody know who I'm talking about???

Connie, something you obviously don't get so maybe you suffer from the brain-damage inflicted by your father's drunkeness. Unless every single one of your grandparents was an alcoholic you can inherit other genes than the ones from your alcoholic ancestor.

Now here's another tip. I am quite sure I have the genes for alcoholism. I have chosen not to allow my body the opportunity to get addicted in the first place. Fortunately, I was of mature age before being exposed to alcohol so that I could think things through and be aware of the symptoms and make this decision. Some people are not so lucky.

Not a lack of understanding of the predisposition of genetics. Some things are genetic traits. Others, like heavy drinking, are partly learned (growing up in an alky household) and part genetics (having a liver that metabolizes alcohol differently than normal people).

Not saying if you need help, don't get help, that ain't the name of the game at all.

Peer pressure can be one of the strongest swayers when it comes to alcoholism and/or the development of alcoholic tendency. Believe me, there was a time when I STARTED to slip into that tendency. Some VERY bad shit happened to me one night when I downed a few, let's just say some complete jerk took advantage of me and leave it at that. I have since made the wise decision for myself to limit it to no more than two beers.

As far as one's actions, I don't see genes having a damn thing to do with anything, except to determine just how tall you will be standing before the Man (for me, the CO, for you the judge) if you do screw up spectacularly.

My father is an alcoholic. Why aren't I one as well? Genetically related to my father. All the same tendencies, EXCEPT that one.

Sorry to tell you but I wholeheartedly REJECT any mindset that turns people into helpless, hapless, hopeless. Christianity or pop psychology.

I was once at the end of my rope too. I found it in me to fight. Have since made a tremendous bounceback.

Yes there ARE genetic predispositions. They are hard to overcome by yourself but NOT impossibly so.

As for hell, stop worrying. Just laugh at those foolish enough to believe in a hell. Trust me when I tell you its no longer your problem.

It's hard to trust anyone who so cavalierly dismisses the power of genetics! It may be possible to ameliorate one's alcoholism, autism, homosexuality, or any number of genetic anomalies, but you make it sound like failure to do so shows a lack of character. I think an internal locus of power is important, and I think there is a great deal that people can do to improve their lives, but geez loweez, have a freakin' heart.

Your lack of understanding of things genetic takes my breath away. Do you really consider the fact that your father is an alcoholic and you are not proof that alcoholism is not a genetic trait? If you do, you seriously need to bone up on genetics before you enter the fray again.

Whoa! THAT is strong language. Connie, for Ro-Bear to be talking like that tells me YOU have overstepped your bounds MALJORLY. It cannot be put to you any stronger than that. You respond neither to crassness nor to gentleness nor to empathy. HanSolo has been ever so empathetic and you don't even thank him. You just push your own idea as though it were the axis on which the earth revovled, if not the universe itself. There is something seriously wrong with that picture. So what was the name you had last spring or whenever????

My father drank and smoked like there was no tomorrow and my older sister and I followed suit, but my younger sister and older brother did neither so I do not believe things such as becoming an alcoholic because your father or mother did (my mother also drank and smoked) that you can inherit their traits. The only reason I even took up smoking and drinking is because the cowboys on the ranch did and I just wanted to be accepted by them as a "regular" and started drinking at age seven and took up smoking at age eleven. I quit smoking at 50 and quit drinking more than ten years ago because my health was fast disappearing and I gave up eating bad food four years ago. If one wants to take up unhealthy habits one should not blame it on inheriting them as to me that is a cop out. Oh I can understand a Xian using cop outs as that is what they do best but a Xian turned non-believer now I can't quite understand going for a cop out as that is the whole point of becoming an X is to get away from cop outs.