Goodbye Jesus

Recovering Atheist

Guest kkj

Oh bloody hell, I try to avoid these discussions, but my two cents are going into the fountain on this one.

I myself was once tempted to completely follow Atheism, but then I did a lot of research and realized it is a crap belief.

If you were simply "once tempted," then you're not a "recovering atheist." You do not have an experience in common with the atheists (or even the tiny group of former atheists) here. You don't get to play that card until you've actually lived as an atheist. "Research" doesn't cut it.

There are a very tiny minority of people here who left Christianity, became atheists, and eventually left atheism for something else. I'm one of them. You will notice that we all have some things in common - for one, none of us refers to atheism as a "crap belief." First, we know from experience that atheism is a lack of belief. Secondly, you're not going to find any of us ripping on the atheists here. We understand why atheists do not believe in God(s), even if we no longer share that lack of belief. You tend to not see ex-atheists among the apologists here. Why? We remember what we thought of the apologists ourselves. We also know the arguments for both sides, and exactly how annoying it is to hear the same old schpiels time and time again, with different usernames attached.

You cannot use poor church leadership or people like Pat Robertson to say Christianity is bad.

Why not? Do you object when people use Al-Quaida and associates to say that Islam is bad?

My guess would be that you don't. After all, these organizations obtain financial and social support from other ordinary Muslims, right? So how does Pat Robertson pay for that Rolex? How do all of these horrible laws like the Defense of Marriage Act get passed? How do leaders with no conscience keep getting elected as long as they say they hate gays and love Jesus?

The Golden Rule of the Bible is in fact "Do unto others as you would want others to do unto you" and you need to look at the fact that it is only the process of Homosexuality is what the Bible has beef against, because mathmatically, it would reduce population greatly if it spread severly. You cannot also take advantage of other quotes of the Bible to say it goes against women, because it does also say to treat women goodly as well. The propoganda of atheism is a poison.

The Golden Rule is hardly unique to Christianity. Judaism has it, as does almost every other religion on the planet, most of them predating Christianity by millenia. Secular humanists also have this concept.

Homosexuality and treatment of women - I'm leaving that one alone. Read my posts if you want to know my thoughts on Christian interpretations of Jewish scripture.

Goodbye Jesus
  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ouroboros

• R. S. Martin

• Grandpa Harley

• Robbobrob

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ruby, click on the smiley button, and do you see the text "Show all"? Click that one and you should get a long list of additional smileys.

I have no idea what I'm doing right and wrong. The first time I tried it, it worked. I clicked on one and it showed up on the reply box. Then suddenly the long list disappeared and I can't make it come back no matter what I click. I haven't rebooted but I've done everything else--gone out of the thread to the forums index more than once and reopened the reply box. Nothing works. :ugh:

:repuke::jerkit::talkalot::jesus:

I think I got it figured out. :)

It was hiding behind your browser... right? :grin:

What happened to our punching bag? He gave up on us? I thought that he must have studied atheism so hard that he would have all the arguments in the world to defend his faith, but he lost in round one? Plz Come Back!!!`1!1!! We're having fun here. We love to chase our food before we eat it, like real lions do. Come out little rat so we can hunt you more! Stop hiding, we won't hurt you... much.

At risk of overusing this icon, I think it bears repeating one more time:

:repuke:

It's too bad I couldn't find a steaming dung heap to further illustrate the reeking pile of excrement that kkj has laid here.

Oh, by the way, let's all cherry pick the bible so that we can ignore those pesky little parts that don't sit right:

You cannot also take advantage of other quotes of the Bible to say it goes against women, because it does also say to treat women goodly as well.

And never mind that anything about "treating women goodly" means treating them goodly as subordinates.

Hey! It's also OK that the bible condones slavery and lets you beat your slaves. Yep, it's OK when that same bible has the golden rule in it!

Shackled,

I think KKJ means "treating women godly" in the sense of "turning them into pillar of salt" or "raping a virgin" or "killing them for unfaithfulness" etc, like a true Evil God does.

...and you need to look at the fact that it is only the process of Homosexuality is what the Bible has beef against, because mathmatically, it would reduce population greatly if it spread severly.
:ugh::o:rolleyes::Hmm:

Good God.... where do these idiots come from?

I only have one comment to make - if Homosexuality would reduce population greatly, maybe we've all found the answer to over population.

What do you say everyone, are you prepared to sacrifice your heterosexual relationship for the good of the overpopulated earth? :wicked:

O_M,

You got it right. Homosexuality maybe is natures answer to the human infestation on this planet. We do act like a virus and parasite.

If the Bible reason against homosexuality is the question of reproduction, then would a child-less family be a sin too?

To several of the more orthodox denominations, HanSolo, willfully childless couples are definitely on God's no-no list. Quiverfull being amongst them.

This was looking pretty good. I was looking forward to putting my two cents in. Now it looks like they disappeared. :(

Following atheism? Erm, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over?

It was hiding behind your browser... right? :grin:

Yes. Are you a techie? Or a psychic? Is there any real difference between the two?

Aanyway, when I was closing down my computer I found it. I played around some more and it consistently followed the rule that it could hide like that and be found again. But I hadn't the slightest clue how to explain the "phenomenon" so I just said I "got it figured out."

O_M said:

What do you say everyone, are you prepared to sacrifice your heterosexual relationship for the good of the overpopulated earth? :wicked:

Great point! But, no need to do that. Just follow my example and live a celebate life. Or follow President Bush's example and go kill a batch of people. That is the real way to "reduce" populations. Talk about homosexuals "reducing" the population is about the most ludicrous statement ignoramuses can make. It's so far outside of common sense reality that it bearly deserves response. It's the kind of thing that forces me to decide whether to barf or take a deep breath and decide to go do something more worthwhile than try argue with a brick wall.

The whole Golden Rule is such a load of bunk. If you treat people the way you want to be treated, then you must have a severely inflated ego to even assume that the way you want to be treated is the way others would want to be treated.

We are all free to treat people the way we want to treat them. And they are free to treat us the way they want to treat us, as evidenced by the rude maltreatment of the original poster upon this community.

Sometimes I think that we lose the fundie when we move the thread.....they are like, "Hey, where did it go? It was here a minute a go. Those jerks they must have deleted it because they could not handle the truth."

Yes, I made the mistake of not letting a link hanging back at the Eximony section. I got too pissed to have junk laying around so I moved it without consider that the fundy might get so lost and think the thread was deleted. My bad. But no loss.

Far better to move it to the killing floor where it belongs then letting it linger in the classier parts of town.

I was at work when this guy posted yesterday so I missed all the fun I guess....

The stupid is strong with this one.

And what was the deal with bringing up the "Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy" anyway? No one else even mentioned it.

I myself was once tempted to completely follow Atheism, but then I did a lot of research and realized it is a crap belief.

Why are Christians so arrogant that they expect us believe everything they say just because they say it.

You cannot use poor church leadership or people like Pat Robertson to say Christianity is bad.

Since they didn't bother to read anything in the testimonies section where they first posted this, I have every reason to assume that this is the reason why they rejected Christianity for a time. Being pissed off at Christians, isn't the same thing as being an atheist.

The Golden Rule of the Bible is in fact "Do unto others as you would want others to do unto you" and you need to look at the fact that it is only the process of Homosexuality is what the Bible has beef against, because mathmatically, it would reduce population greatly if it spread severly. You cannot also take advantage of other quotes of the Bible to say it goes against women, because it does also say to treat women goodly as well. The propoganda of atheism is a poison.

Again, being pissed off at Christians, isn't the same as being an atheist. Obviously, they were never an atheist. As far as propaganda, I'd like to point out that thinking atheism is a rejection of Christianity and has anger as a basis and spreading that bullshit around is exactly that.

Too true. I wish I had researched the Atheism before I joined the cult and became baptized. :( The Atheism has not lived up to any of its promises and yet I continue to follow its teachings as found in its aholy book. I so desire to get to aheaven though.

Also true. When a bush puts out poison you cannot blame the entire plant. That is silly. Just eat from a different part since that may not be poison.

The Golden Rule of the Bible is in fact "Do unto others as you would want others to do unto you" and you need to look at the fact that it is only the process of Homosexuality is what the Bible has beef against, because mathmatically, it would reduce population greatly if it spread severly.

Again true. Do unto others as I would like done to myself. I never thought about this verse in terms of homosexuality before but I am so glad you connected them for me here. I would not like to be fucked in the ass by a man nor would I like to do this to another man. Likewise if I would like to be fucked in the ass or would like to fuck someone in the ass the bible seems to say "Go for it!" Of course, I am being crass, but I want to make sure we're on the same page. This is most certainly an eye opener for me. Mathematically we can then see that this is part of a greater plan which is why it doesn't ever spread severely but seems to maintain a rather even distribution among populations. Amazing.

You cannot also take advantage of other quotes of the Bible to say it goes against women, because it does also say to treat women goodly as well.

One more truth. I am in awe. I was watching television the other day (I don't recall the show). This guy beat the hell out of his wife, but, he loved her. I know he loved her because he said so. He married her. He gave her a house, a car, some kids and lots of other stuff. But for some reason people kept bringing up this beating issue. The thing is that was all in the past. What mattered is that the most recent thing he said was that he loved his wife. That cancels all that other stuff out, right? It was the most recent. All those times the women get smacked around, well, so what? The most recent thing the bible says is that they are loved and so that cancels all that earlier stuff out. Why won't people listen? The Atheism blinds people to the truth.

The propoganda of atheism is a poison.

Oh no. I used poison for my example having to do with the output of the plant and the leadership of of the church. I hope this doesn't confuse people. I hope they don't think that Christianity is the real propaganda machine from reading my post.

mwc

wow - a new poster-child for the term 'morontheist'.....

Yes, I made the mistake of not letting a link hanging back at the Eximony section. I got too pissed to have junk laying around so I moved it without consider that the fundy might get so lost and think the thread was deleted. My bad. But no loss.

There should be no problem. Someone posted it at the top of the forums indexpage. It now has the place of honor/dishonor it deserves. kkj can easily find it. So can all of us who want a punching bag.

Kuroikaze said:

I was at work when this guy posted yesterday so I missed all the fun I guess....

The stupid is strong with this one.

And what was the deal with bringing up the "Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy" anyway? No one else even mentioned it.

As you say, the stupid is strong in this one. So strong, in fact, that this thread was started in Testimonies of Former Christians.

This person's posts presume to know what causes people to deconvert. Reading the Hitch-Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy is apparently one of the things that causes deconversion and kkj just had to inform us how exceedingly stupid we are to actually accept it as valid.

That's arrogance personified for you. It presumes to know the other person's mind and is so sure of being right that it feels no need to check it out--such a need does not even occur to this kind of arrogance. And since they know the other person's mind and have no need to check it out, it logically follows that they refute the arguments that they know are in the other person's mind. Such logic gave him a perfect rationale (and right) by which to ridicule us for rejecting religion on the basis of Hitch-Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Do you follow the logic?

I know people who, if they ridiculed me of rejecting religion based on Hitch-Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy and I told them I never read it, they would accuse me of lying because it could be no other way.

If I insisted, they might eventually ask accusingly, "What else would have convinced you to deconvert?" If I started to explain, they would lose interest and say, "Whatever.......you just don't want to believe. Doesn't matter what I say. You just don't care how other people feel. All you care about is your own selfish ends."

I'm learning to reinterpret that kind of statement. It seems to me that when people talk like that, it really isn't their real conscious selves talking to me; it's their unconscious selves breaking out and telling their own conscious selves what jerks they really are. (If you listen closely, it describes their own behaviour to a T, and makes no sense any other way.) However, they have split off from their own feelings to the extent that they think they are talking to me.

Now if I want to risk getting the fireworks in my own face, I will call them on it. I will point out the literal inconsistencies of it. This is liable to get them to squirt their guts all over the walls and ceiling and blame me for it. For the most part I no longer take things this far. It's not worth the grief for me and they never learn. The most vivid experience I had was with a guy who holds a PhD and has many years experience teaching on the university level. kkj demonstrates considerable writing ability but I did not know this level of stupid existed this side of retarded. I conclude that the correlation between education and intelligent is somewhat weak. I also think if we insert reverse the terms atheist and Christian in kkj's posts we will probably get a fairly accurate description of kkj's inner condition. Just don't tell kkj I said this.

I myself was once tempted to completely follow Atheism,

Hmmmm...the title of your post is "Recovering" Atheist, yet here you are saying that you were once "tempted" to completely follow atheism?

BTW...Buddhism and other EARLIER religions teach "do unto others...." too, so, what's your point?

I myself was once tempted to completely follow Atheism, but then I did a lot of research and realized it is a crap belief. You cannot use poor church leadership or people like Pat Robertson to say Christianity is bad. The Golden Rule of the Bible is in fact "Do unto others as you would want others to do unto you" and you need to look at the fact that it is only the process of Homosexuality is what the Bible has beef against, because mathmatically, it would reduce population greatly if it spread severly. You cannot also take advantage of other quotes of the Bible to say it goes against women, because it does also say to treat women goodly as well. The propoganda of atheism is a poison.

Atheism isn't a belief. What's the propaganda of atheism?

...and you need to look at the fact that it is only the process of Homosexuality is what the Bible has beef against, because mathmatically, it would reduce population greatly if it spread severly.

I only have one comment to make - if Homosexuality would reduce population greatly, maybe we've all found the answer to over population.

Hell, the wind must have changed for this old tumbleweed to be back! Welcome back!

Where ya bin?

I myself was once tempted to completely follow Atheism, but then I did a lot of research and realized it is a crap belief. You cannot use poor church leadership or people like Pat Robertson to say Christianity is bad. The Golden Rule of the Bible is in fact "Do unto others as you would want others to do unto you" and you need to look at the fact that it is only the process of Homosexuality is what the Bible has beef against, because mathmatically, it would reduce population greatly if it spread severly. You cannot also take advantage of other quotes of the Bible to say it goes against women, because it does also say to treat women goodly as well. The propoganda of atheism is a poison.

Atheism isn't a belief. What's the propaganda of atheism?

I'm more interested in what the 'proof' that Theism or Deism is correct is...

Hell, the wind must have changed for this old tumbleweed to be back! Welcome back!

Where ya bin?

Hello Grandpa Harley :)

I've been around. I usually just lurk these days... too busy to write.

But this poster was so far out there I couldn't resist ... I found myself just rolling in laughter at the thought of all those Homosexuals (my brother and his partner came to mind) out there recruiting the rest of us and reducing the "population greatly".... :lmao::funny:

I can't believe there really are people who seriously buy into that shit. :ugh:

What's really disturbing is that these so called Christians claim to have morality, ethics and truth, while they post shameless plugs like this pointing to website full of lies and deceit! Do they really think they can convert people to their religion by being lying assholes?