Goodbye Jesus

How Much Do You Tolerate Christians In The Lions Den?

crazy-tiger

Someone who's hurting from a bad experience with fundamentalist stupidity, and trying to salvage their spirituality: Very tolerant and supportive.

Someone who preaches that they have The Truth: Zero tolerance, and probably a barrage of runeseiðr (or at least cuss words).

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Grandpa Harley

• R. S. Martin

• crazy-tiger

• no-one

I say give them enough rope to hang themselves. That's what the Lion's Den is for.

TBH I have no interest in debating with xtians. They believe what they believe and nothing and no-one is going to change their minds. I don't mind giving advice to someone who is doubting or thinking of leaving but I don't see the point of replying to anyone who is just here to preach. As long as they don't start slinging personal insults then I don't mind them posting but I'm not bothered about any kind of interaction with them.

Lion's den ain't debate... it's a cluster fuck... a romper room to get some of the anger out of your system... otherwise there'd be holds barred...

Ah, that sounds more fun. Telling people to bugger off, that I can do :grin:

The gloves are only on if you don't wish to split your knuckles...

Personally I welcome them with open arms. If I am going to hand someone their ass, nothing is quite as personal as hand-to-hand grappling.

TBH I have no interest in debating with xtians. They believe what they believe and nothing and no-one is going to change their minds.

??

The anti-testimonies on this site seem to suggest that quite a lot have changed their minds.

TBH I have no interest in debating with xtians. They believe what they believe and nothing and no-one is going to change their minds.

??

The anti-testimonies on this site seem to suggest that quite a lot have changed their minds.

Point taken, but it should be noted that none of us changed our minds because someone argued us into it, we had to come to the choice on our own.

In debates people normally dig their heals in deeper, at least at the time. Of course, it is possible that they may reflect on what I say at a later date and it could play a part in their own deconversion, which is why I do debate with them on occasion. I'm not as militant as a used to be though, because I realize that if they do deconvert it will not be while I am talking to them.

I see all the xians that come here as my potential new best friend. The only problem, as I see it, is everyone here doesn't want me to have a new best friend and so the xian gets run off. It makes me very sad. :( Especially since the xians tell me there is a very special super best friend they wish me to know. It's very frustrating.

mwc

I have ample tolerance for christians as I like to delve into how their own personal beliefs differ to what mine were when I was a christian. If anything it affirms my own removal FROM xianity...as it shows that it was never a universal understanding, therefore removing the "universal truth" elements it claims to "BE".

??

<Homer Simpson>

Damn you and your logic

</Homer Simpson>

Lol, yes I see the error of my statement now. Stella and the internet do not mix well :(

What I meant was that you can't change their mind for them, they need to discover that it's all bullshit on their own. If you argue then they just go on the offensive and quote bits of bible at you, which is annoying and pointless. So I'd rather just leave them to it.

I see all the xians that come here as my potential new best friend. The only problem, as I see it, is everyone here doesn't want me to have a new best friend and so the xian gets run off. It makes me very sad. :( Especially since the xians tell me there is a very special super best friend they wish me to know. It's very frustrating.

mwc

You still selling Colorado sea front for condos?

You still selling Colorado sea front for condos?

Only for my very bestest friends...

mwc

• 2 months later...

Good ta here!

Guest Net Eng

Open arms.

Some xians won't listen some will. But if they don't show up we have a zero chance to change their minds.

"If you kill'em he won't learn nothing" -The Riddler

Until they say something really stupid, which is usually in the first couple of sentences.

They've usually said something REALLY stupid in their profiles...

They've usually said something REALLY stupid in their profiles...

I find their posts first before their profiles.

It depends what you mean by "tolerate." Somedays I go looking for a xian to chew up just because it's therapeutic. Can't chew up someone who's decent so you gotta find one who's not decent--one who makes indecent claims or empty promises, or the likes. Since Goldy comes into shout doing that kind of thing I can see why he thinks so badly of atheists. He comes in with the presupposition that we are bad because the bible says so, so he says stupid stuff that invites really nasty rebuffs, then he gets them. Talk about self-fulfilling prophecy.

Chewing up xians is therapeutic for me because they serve as a punching bag for all the pent-up rage that is inside of me. The intensity has definitely let up since I'm on these forums. So in a twisted sort of way I welcome them with open arms--meaning I want them to come but that they will probably not enjoy the welcome I extend.

I don't see it as my job to deconvert anybody. I'd go crazy if I felt that obligation. All I ask is the right to live my own life as I see fit.

Less and less every day I'm afraid. But I still go with tolerate/don't tolerate them based on their actions.

It seems we don't get many genial Xians on the boards though. All the ones without a chip on the shoulder, or a burning message etc. probably feel no need to hit forums like this. So we draw more of the combative, preachy, crazy and rude types.

Goldstein is a thief, a liar, and a coward... hiding there among his stolen proxies... and he claims the moral high ground... he's just a hypocrite who steals...

How about "with open jaws." This is the Lion's Den.

How about "with open jaws." This is the Lion's Den.

Love it!

Here's the little guy's "welcome with open jaws" -> :lmao:

That's for the welcome.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I take in on a case by case basis. Not all Christians are fundies and not all atheists are either.