Goodbye Jesus

20/20 Report On Westboro Baptist Church

hereticzero

They have their vitriol brewers working overdrive to gat something sufficiently spewing...

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Grandpa Harley

• hereticzero

• crazy-tiger

• sonyaj68

What do people think about the legal aspects of this - is what they are doing exercising their right to free speech - and if so do you guys support their right to do so?

It's a really tough one, that. While everyone should have the right to state their opinions, I think that picketing funerals of soldiers who died in service with signs saying 'Thank god for IEDs' isn't so much free speech, it's more taking the piss. I can't see why they would be doing it other than to upset people and get a reaction. I'm pretty sure that would be covered under the incitement laws in the UK but in the US they have the 1st amendment.

I'd like to think that if they did try to come to the UK then customs would tell them to bugger off :grin: but I doubt they would come here since we are all fag enablers and god hates us.

I've seen a few documentaries and interviews of the Westboro Batshit Church and they don't seem that bothered about converting people, seems like they just want us all to know that we're going to hell and they're not.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RlTAyNI8WE

This is probably a better example, since these are not captive.

But what you don't understand about these clips of gay animals is that this too is against nature. These animals have deviated from the true path and are following the great goat devil in their lusting against their own kind. They too shall be cast into the fiery furnace of God's wrath. Does the verse in Leviticus make more sense now? God delights in the smell of the burning carcasses of gay sheep and pigeons. It all comes together when you just look at it the right way.

I think there's only two explanations, either the writer of Romans didn't realize animals in nature were homosexual too, or his idea of natural is back to a mythical time before the nature we see in front of us. Those animals do those things because man's sin doomed them to this "lifestyle". :grin:

Ah yes, the mental cripple's argument that man sinning ruined ALL creation... It's probably Madame Idiocy's next point...

She's fond of telling people they're sinners too..

Valid point A-man...

Interestingly enough, Shirley Phelps (the whacko woman on all the vids) was supposedly a slut in college and got pregnant (some day by her Daddy Fred). She has an illegitimate son, Sam. FORNICATOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What do people think about the legal aspects of this - is what they are doing exercising their right to free speech - and if so do you guys support their right to do so?
Yeah, personally I think we should all go down to Westboro Baptist Church on Sunday morning and have a gay dance party during the middle of their services in front of everyone! After all, it's freedom of speech, right? It's funny how Christians throw the "free speech" card around to push their own agendas but when some children's fantasy writer says something bad about religion, suddenly it's an attack on their freedom of religion. I guess freedom of religion doesn't include freedom from religion. Personally, I think too many Chrisitans are quick to cry "freedom of speech" to do whatever the hell they feel like, but nobody wants to accept the freedom of repsoniblity. They want the freedom to spout whatever bullshit they want but don't want to have to deal with whatever effects that bullshit causes.

Debating logic with a moron is like pissing yourself in dark pants... you feel better for a while,and no one notices but in the end it's just cold wet and stinky...

Yup... then again, I'm just pointing and laughing at the moron.

I've been doing a little internet surfing on the subject of the Phelps family. I'd heard that some of Fred's children had left the fold but I hadn't really heard much about what they had to say ... if anything.

I've just been reading accounts by Mark and Nate Phelps (I'd post links but ever since I upgraded my laptop to windows vista I've not been able to ... a separate rant) but if you google their names ...

Their accounts of their childhood leave me to say ... WHY ARE THERE ANY CHILDREN STILL IN CONTACT WITH HIM???

I hate their stupid, thoughtless, heartless protests - but there's something else going on behind the protests ... I don't understand the world sometimes ... why don't the authorities get those children out?

(I don't care how many law degrees they have between them, if I worked for their local child protection services, I'd make a COMPLETE nusiance of myself until the younger ones were all out and the older ones were protected by such rigid child protection measures Mrs Shirley-brainwashed-Phelps-should-have-been-rescued-herself is scared to sneeze)

Alice is horrified.

I know child protection services make mistakes - here in the UK as well as in other nations - but the details for this one are out there and plain for all to see.

Ah yes, the mental cripple's argument that man sinning ruined ALL creation... It's probably Madame Idiocy's next point...

ahem.... Madame Idiocy?? I think the name Madame is too good to be used in front of the word Idiocy. LOL! I'm the only Madame with a capital M around here. ;)

And the hottest one too, I'll be bound... :wicked:

Well, you come up with a suitable epithet for the flat headed, web toed bint.

Already used Steptford...

Lacks gravitas...

Heath Ledger was ACTING in that movie, and besides, the people at Westboro have just picked a "pet sin" that is in a long list of them. When I say we are all sinners, I'm putting my self at the top of the list. Heck, Heath Ledger helped with that "lusting after someone in my heart" thing, and Matthew Mcconahay does it on a regular basis. The people in Westboro need to get bigger signs if they are going to pick on sins.

I didn't take the bait, Gramps, sorry about that. How about you tell me what you think natural affection is?

If we're all sinners, what gives you the right to tell homosexuals to repent from their sins? Since you admit you're a sinner, shouldn't you be focusing on your own sins before you go around telling gay people to repent from their sins? Doesn't the bible say to pick the shard out of your own eye before you take it out of another person's eye or something like that and to judge not lest thee be judged? And where in the bible does it say that some "sins" are "bigger" than other "sins? Is there some sort of scriptual basis to measure how "big" a sin is? I thought the bible said all sins were the same in God's eyes? I'd also like to get an actual response to the questions I posted in my previous response to you, Sonya. Is it just me or do Christians keep dodging my questions when I ask them?

Heath Ledger was ACTING in that movie, and besides, the people at Westboro have just picked a "pet sin" that is in a long list of them. When I say we are all sinners, I'm putting my self at the top of the list. Heck, Heath Ledger helped with that "lusting after someone in my heart" thing, and Matthew Mcconahay does it on a regular basis. The people in Westboro need to get bigger signs if they are going to pick on sins.

I didn't take the bait, Gramps, sorry about that. How about you tell me what you think natural affection is?

I seem to remember getting the question in about unnatural first, you squirming intestinal parasite of sheep... I note you've not answered since you actually DON'T have an answer outside your demon inspired book of venom... But then, you're an evangelist, and nothing better than what you've handed out can be expected. You're the evangelist... you put me right on 'unnatural'... other than citing your bigoted rednecked clan, you glorified bookies runner...

oh, and by acknowledging the post, you did take the bait... in fact, simply turning up as welcome as recurrent herpes you took the bait... Always gratifying when someone is that easily manipulated for mockery's sake...

BTW, Sanjeev old bean, you weren't even original in the point about acting...

http://www.ex-christian.net/index.php?show...st&p=343047

:fdevil: Thanks for the crackpot view...

I don't know how christian say these folks are not typical christians and not REAL christians. Ever watch the loons outside of an abortion clinic protest--they are the same kind of people, only the clothes are different.

people who protest in front of abortion clinics are nutjobs too.

Really?!?

Then ergo, christians are nutjobs as the protest in front of abotion clinics.

Spatz

P.S . Yes. I don't like christians ... because they have double standards ... at the very least.

I see you are referring to Leviticus law. The law makes us realize that we can’t possibly live up to it and that we are guilty. Christ didn’t come to do away with the law but to fulfill it His death on the cross made it possible for us to not have to pay for our transgressions The new testament talks about the people who do these kinds of things (unnatural affections, etc) are worthy of death, but we are not told to kill them. If we use Christ’s example, we would go to them and reach out to them. Hating sin is not the same thing as hating the sinner.

Besides, I don’t care what anyone says, that guy in Westboro is a nut job and if he’s “following the Bible†is his own interpretation of what he has taken out of context.

PS You do realize his “God hates fags†protest at solder’s funerals doesn’t even have anything to do with the soldier’s sexual orientation, right? Not that it would make a difference if it did.

Didn't Jesus also say that sinning in your heart is the same as commiting the actual sin? So, if you think homosexuals deserve death, according to Jesus, isn't that the same as actually killing them? So, if God thinks homosexuals deserve death, then is that the same as God actually killing them? According to Romans 1:28-32, God thinks disobedient children deserve to die, too. So, is it ok for us to teach people that if your children disobey you, they deserve to die as long as we don't actually kill them without it counting as child abuse?

That's an interesting twist. God's laws don't apply to God - His ways are not our ways and His thoughts are not our thoughts. BUT the whole point is that we're lost without Christ becuase none of us can keep the law.

Aww geeez ... if god's law doesn't apply to god, then it is not a law, is it?

Think about it.

My goodness me .... you're a female aren't you?

Think about what you're typing ..... you're really making us look stupid.

Spatz

Heath Ledger was ACTING in that movie, and besides, the people at Westboro have just picked a "pet sin" that is in a long list of them.
Typical of Christians, isn't it?
When I say we are all sinners, I'm putting my self at the top of the list. Heck, Heath Ledger helped with that "lusting after someone in my heart" thing, and Matthew Mcconahay does it on a regular basis.
Better kill yourself... Jesus said the law was to stay forever.

Wait... you can't kill yourself. Suicide is a sin, so you need someone to kill you instead. (it isn't murder when you kill a sinner, according to God...)

The people in Westboro need to get bigger signs if they are going to pick on sins.

Yes... but then again, every single Christian that picks on any sin you care to mention would also need to get bigger signs.

Hell, even Jesus only had a few pet sins that he was publically against... guess he wasn't a True Christian either. (don't forget the sins he commited... sure looks like he wasn't against them)

Lacks gravitas...

Maybe it does, but it very nicely sums up ol' Sonata's mental acumen...

If we're all sinners, what gives you the right to tell homosexuals to repent from their sins? Since you admit you're a sinner, shouldn't you be focusing on your own sins before you go around telling gay people to repent from their sins? Doesn't the bible say to pick the shard out of your own eye before you take it out of another person's eye or something like that and to judge not lest thee be judged? And where in the bible does it say that some "sins" are "bigger" than other "sins? Is there some sort of scriptual basis to measure how "big" a sin is? I thought the bible said all sins were the same in God's eyes? I'd also like to get an actual response to the questions I posted in my previous response to you, Sonya. Is it just me or do Christians keep dodging my questions when I ask them?

All have sinned - there are none righteous It only takes one sin to be a sinner. I don't recall saying "gay people have to repent of their sin" implying only they did. Everyone must repent of their sins. There is only one sin that God won't forgive and that is the sin of rejecting His Holy Spirit.

I apologize if I missed a question, I don't get to be on this site as often as others and if I missed one I apologize

Lacks gravitas...

Maybe it does, but it very nicely sums up ol' Sonata's mental acumen...

True... but I like a certain elegance to my insults.... even the obscenity laden one's have rhythm and metre... they trip well off the tongue and are suitable to be dleivered in either a ranting or conversational tone (I favour the latter, since it's more cutting that way... mere statement of self evident fact than any real emphasis... but they work wither way... I leave it to the performer to interpret the piece... I simply write it)

All have sinned - there are none righteous It only takes one sin to be a sinner. I don't recall saying "gay people have to repent of their sin" implying only they did. Everyone must repent of their sins. There is only one sin that God won't forgive and that is the sin of rejecting His Holy Spirit.

I apologize if I missed a question, I don't get to be on this site as often as others and if I missed one I apologize

Lets see... you're going to enlighten us as to what 'unnatural' was following the Discovery channel vid I linked to about same sex sexual relationships among animals...

And I keep telling you... the whole 'sinner' shtick is your opinion... you stick with telling me I'm a sinner, I continue to call you a brainless rednecked bint who should never have bred, and has sufficiently low opinion of her fellow man to sell them insurance... which is still a less honourable trade than introducing children to drugs and prostitution... If I am a sinner, you a blight on the whole gene pool of the planet...

Tell me, what do you actually bring to our party? You're arrogant, fence post dumb and hate the entire species thinking they're just venal mud pies without your demon god... Go die, we need the resources...

Everyone must repent of their sins. There is only one sin that God won't forgive and that is the sin of rejecting His Holy Spirit.

I thought the only unforgivable sin was to blaspheme the HS...

Saying that, since you're saying God won't forgive something, that nicely implies that God could if he wanted to... but he won't. Sounds more like God is a bit spiteful rather than loving. :Hmm:

Everyone must repent of their sins. There is only one sin that God won't forgive and that is the sin of rejecting His Holy Spirit.

I thought the only unforgivable sin was to blaspheme the HS...

Saying that, since you're saying God won't forgive something, that nicely implies that God could if he wanted to... but he won't. Sounds more like God is a bit spiteful rather than loving. :Hmm:

Yup, and that's a conversation stopper too when an xtian starts blathering on and on about how god will forgive you of all your sins. Just ask them: "What about the asshole holy spirit (blaspheming HS), how come asshole holy spirit does not exist? (rejecting)...

That's a good conversation stopper right there...

LOL