Goodbye Jesus

Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth?

Checkmate

Hmm... I forgot about that.

I'll just have a mod remove it then. But I still expect a retraction and a apology from him.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr. Neil

• Checkmate

• Ouroboros

• Vixentrox

Guest California Believer
So basically you've deliberately tried to defame and slander me.  This is outragious, and I will absolutely not put up with some little shit like you trying to attack my credibility with such flimsy evidence.

I want this accusation removed, and I expect a full retraction. And if you don't, I will get a mod in here to remove it for me, and I will insist on having you removed from this forum.  You have one post to comply.

Nobody has the right to do what you just did.  How DARE you!?

Next time you print something about somebody, you'd better be sure it's true.

I dare because I'm not afraid of you pencil-neck. I won't bow down to your badgering simply because you sling that tongue in your head.

I've read your posts little one; you rip Christians to shreds with all the endorsement of your Christian hating friends, making flagrant, outlandish statements that don't deserve any credence but you'll not have anyone question your integrity will you?

I think you are making such a big deal about my comments because they are TOO CLOSE TO HOME. I think if you were really such a *straight shooter* a post like mine wouldn't bother you one bit.

Retract my statement, remove me from the forum, whatever. Worm.

"Nobody has the right to do what you just did."

I did it.

So go ahead....go *cry* to your moderator friend(s) and have them fix everything for you...

-CB

John 8:32

• Admin
Fair enough:

"Science is best defined as a careful, disciplined, logical search for knowledge about any and all aspects of the universe, obtained by examination of the best available evidence and always subject to correction and improvement upon discovery of better evidence. What's left is magic. And it doesn't work." -- James Randi

"Science is not unchanging or infailable.  It has built in corrections where things can be brought to date as new discoveries are made." -- Viventrox

"...As scientists gain more knowledge, they'll be able to provide more information, and eventually, we won't have to have fairy tales about magic ghosts creating life, because we'll know how life really came to be." -- Mr Neil

How original and inventive.  You can disagree all you want but it took me less than 2 minutes of googling *your* and Viventrox's comments (in context) to find James Randi's striking quote.  It's no wonder you want a mod to remove it.  No I most certainly will not "retract". 

FYI - I was not accusing "people" of plagiarizing, I was only accusing *you* and Viventrox of robbing someone else's defintion.  Stop making attempts to incorporate everyone else in your crusade by dropping the "people" bomb (what people?) and take ownership for your own misspent efforts. 

I will devote some time later this evening to address the rest of your ridiculous comments (because I obviously hit a nerve) and then for the sake of digressing from this thread I will offer a rebuttal to the original post.  I am truly interested in civil "discourse" so I apologize for any previous gouge attempts (again) and look forward to some intellectual fencing wtih some of you.

Peace

-CB

Fair enough:

"Science is best defined as a careful, disciplined, logical search for knowledge about any and all aspects of the universe, obtained by examination of the best available evidence and always subject to correction and improvement upon discovery of better evidence. What's left is magic. And it doesn't work." -- James Randi

"Science is not unchanging or infailable.  It has built in corrections where things can be brought to date as new discoveries are made." -- Viventrox

"...As scientists gain more knowledge, they'll be able to provide more information, and eventually, we won't have to have fairy tales about magic ghosts creating life, because we'll know how life really came to be." -- Mr Neil

How original and inventive.  You can disagree all you want but it took me less than 2 minutes of googling *your* and Viventrox's comments (in context) to find James Randi's striking quote.  It's no wonder you want a mod to remove it.  No I most certainly will not "retract". 

FYI - I was not accusing "people" of plagiarizing, I was only accusing *you* and Viventrox of robbing someone else's defintion.  Stop making attempts to incorporate everyone else in your crusade by dropping the "people" bomb (what people?) and take ownership for your own misspent efforts. 

I will devote some time later this evening to address the rest of your ridiculous comments (because I obviously hit a nerve) and then for the sake of digressing from this thread I will offer a rebuttal to the original post.  I am truly interested in civil "discourse" so I apologize for any previous gouge attempts (again) and look forward to some intellectual fencing wtih some of you.

Peace

-CB

Sorry, I don't see any plagiarism. Perhaps Mr. Randi's writings influenced these men's thought processes, but that hardly qualifies as plagiarism.

Def: a piece of writing that has been copied from someone else and is presented as being your own work 2: the act of plagiarizing; taking someone's words or ideas as if they were your own.

And you shall know the Christian version of truth and the Christian version of truth will make you into an amazingly-rude, falsely-accusing, self-righteous, fundie.

I dare because I'm not afraid of you pencil-neck.  I won't bow down to your badgering simply because you sling that tongue in your head. 

I've read your posts little one; you rip Christians to shreds with all the endorsement of your Christian hating friends, making flagrant, outlandish statements that don't deserve any credence but you'll not have anyone question your integrity will you?

I think you are making such a big deal about my comments because they are TOO CLOSE TO HOME.  I think if you were really such a *straight shooter* a post like mine wouldn't bother you one bit. 

I did it.

So go ahead....go *cry* to your moderator friend(s) and have them fix everything for you...

Spoken like a true grade school punk.

First of all, I don't hate anybody, and you can't find a quote in which I say I do. What I hate are the extraordinary lies made in the name of Christianity, and I think someone aught to say something. Yes, I do make inflamatory, abbrasive, and downright rude comments, but there are usually arguments attached to those. I don't just attack people for the sake of attacking them, which is what you've done.

You didn't even have an argument when you first posted. Your first post was "Rubbish", which is essentially like saying, "Nuh-uh", and then you went right into making false accusations, for which you had quite possibly the lamest evidence for anything I'd ever seen. I mean, you accused me of plagiarizing because James Randi and I said something similar and both used the word "magic".

You have not even begun to start an argument. Your first move was to attack Ex-Christians pesonally, and you did so in a way that is completely unacceptable. You accused me of something that I quite evidently did not do.

I still expect that retraction, and every time I see you, I'm going to ask for it.

Unlike most Xtian forums, we rarely ban or even delet posts California Believer. We can actually handle ourselves without crying to the moderators to save us from those evil Xtians.

And I wouldn't ask for the mods to edit anything unless there was a fairly good reason, and I think a false accusation as serious as this is definitely grounds for asking the mods to step in.

You don't just accuse people of plagiarism on a whim. I don't appreciate unwarranted defamation. Maybe some people would have laughed it off as sheer desperation on the part of our Christian visitor, but I don't think it's funny at all.

:lmao:

Absolute rubbish.

:Doh:

Even more rubbish. 

Speaking from ignorance does not make you "heard".  I equate your statement to a deer caught in headlights. 

"I've tripped over yet another platypus"

Nice Intro! :eek:

:lmao:

"..go f*** yourself." <=== Intellect and maturity at its finest; such a gentleman full of class and style...so debonaire.  I'm sure you would fit right in at Oxford Mr Neil.

Whether or not he answered the posted question, Invicticus' reply was certainly creative and every bit as intriguing as some of your more thoughtful replies.  I found it quite entertaining as I'm sure you did (whether you admit it or not) and a successful riposte IMHO.

You folks crack me up.  You hate Christianity so much that you spend hours wasting your time bashing it.  You can't wait for a Christian to post something so you can all swoop down and shred him/her up (as I'm sure you will me).  Then after one (or more) of you has completed the kill, you don't waste any time patting each other on the back for a job well done.  Truly, a sterling example of scientific debate. 

You leave no room for civil debate on your site.  Instead you resort to slanderous remarks about the author or spewing vulgarities.  For those that are here seeking sincere answers or true debate...my apologies for generalizing you.

I also apologize if I offended anyone by using the word "rubbish" when describing comments in this thread but that's exactly what they were.  Plagiarizing James Randi does not make your definition of science true.  Please Google your comments first next time.

It would be a breath of fresh air to see some new threads on here that focused on seeking truth (albeit, however you choose to seek it) instead of the assassination of Christian tenets.

- CB

I dare because I'm not afraid of you pencil-neck.  I won't bow down to your badgering simply because you sling that tongue in your head. 

I think you are making such a big deal about my comments because they are TOO CLOSE TO HOME.  I think if you were really such a *straight shooter* a post like mine wouldn't bother you one bit. 

I did it.

-CB

So with that intro and you are offended by the responses you received? Talk about setting a double standard! :nono:

Perhaps you should work on that attitude of yours before we even dish a single ounce of respect to you.

Calling names there Xtian? Arn't you supposed to turn the other cheek? You best pray to your imaginary friend for forgiveness.

I did it.

-CB

Mahatma Ghandi said it best when he said, "I like your Christ. I do not like you Christians. You Christians are so unlike your Christ."

(And by the way, CB, that is the proper usage of a quotation, and NOT plagarism. Just in case you feel compelled to falsely accuse anyone again. Just LOVE your sour fruit of the spirit by the way! :lmao: )

P.S. - I'm STILL waiting for a coherent reply to the point of this thread from you, CB. If you could just take some time out of your busy schedule of insulting us heathens, it would be appreciated.

Apparently Christ was an asshat. Because most christians who come here choose to display their awesome penchant of following in his footsteps by indugling in blatant asshattery. No wonder they crucified him if he acted like a giant berk all the time. :shrug:

I am truly interested in civil "discourse" so I apologize for any previous gouge attempts (again) and look forward to some intellectual fencing wtih some of you.

Peace

Do you have any idea at all what a hypocrite your are being? You come here tossing out false accusations and banal comments as if you are some kind of recognized authority, and then whine that there's not enough civility here.

If you want to be treated with civility, you need to behave in a civilized manner. Within your first 6 posts, all you've done is act like an arrogant ass and then whine about how Christians are treated here as you try to play the martyr role. It's pathetic.

This apology does not come across as sincere, because you have not retracted your false accusation of plagarism, even though you yourself proved there was no plagarism.

Do you simply not know what the word 'plagarism' means and simultaneously have little interest in knowing whether you have rightly or wrongfully accused someone (arrogance combined with laziness)? If you do know what it means, why do you arrogantly refuse to apologize to Mr. Niel and retract your accusation even after you yourself demonstrated there was no plagarism?

There are people on this board who write for a living, so false accusations of plagarism are libelous.

At this point, an act of humility would go a long way.

"Inconceivable!"

"I don't think that word means what he thinks it means"

From Princess Bride

Wowie..... :eek:

Look what I've been missing out on while puttering about in the Knowledge thread. CB, I think you are bored and under-educated. You are just educated enough to get yourself into lots of trouble (not just with us, with everyone you come across). Very unfortunate for you.

And you must be bored because you just seem to be here to poke and pick at people. You shouldn't be surprised or offended when we return the favor in kind. And you've still not bothered to address the original post as has been requested of you. Easier to just try to piss people off than to actually use the mush between your ears to form a real response to the original question. Worse, you throw around unfounded accusations. If you continue this way, you might not be around long.

• 3 weeks later...
Oh my gosh, he's speaking in tongues!!   :eek:
Oh my god, he's possessed!

*tosses Cerise a Bible*

Start at Psalm 41 and don't stop reading until I tell you!

*sprinkles YoYo with holy water*

The power of Christ compells you!! The power of Christ compells you!!!!