Goodbye Jesus

Xian Bullies At School

xandermac

Well news got out at school that my 12y/o Sam is an atheist. He got ambushed by some little pricks calling themselves KKK of A. Ku Klux Klan of Atheist. I know stupid name, but its kids. One jumped him and pushed him in a locker which made him very angry and he knocked him down and kicked his ass. Before the kid had a chance to tell on him he went and told a teacher. He said he was straight up with the teacher that he was an atheist and told him all about the little gang. He said the teacher sent them to the office. I'm not sure what will happen now. Sam has never been in trouble, never sent to the principle, never had a note sent home. Hopefully that will show them he's not the trouble maker.

I'm not sure how these kids found this out about Sam. He's pretty shy. I can't see him discussing it with anyone but it's possible. Some of them were calling him a satan worshipper last week and he said he didn't believe in satan. I think one of the penetecostal ladies that goes to church with my recent visitors works in the lunchroom. Anyway I told Sam to defend himself and not worry about getting in trouble. He's not to start it but if they do then start swinging. If I have to I'll go kick someone's ass. :angry:

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Grandpa Harley

• xandermac

• nivek

• Skiergirl24

Nothing opens an eyebrow like an elbow :)

This makes me mad.

What a shame~ maybe call a parent teacher/principal conference with the other parents and get this problem addressed quickly. Your child should not be allowed to be bullied like this at school. It is their responsibility to keep a child safe. If the school doesn't properly take care of this issue, you're going to have to go above their heads to the administration building. Please don't let this slide, nip it before your son is put at risk again.

I'm so sorry this has happened, but there has to be a way of getting this stopped. (((hugs)))

I'm giving them one chance to stop it or I will go to the school board. So far my kid is not in trouble for defending himself. He's a shy kid but he's also a big kid..5'7 180 at 12 y/o. They best leave him be.

Well news got out at school that my 12y/o Sam is an atheist. He got ambushed by some little pricks calling themselves KKK of A. Ku Klux Klan of Atheist. I know stupid name, but its kids. One jumped him and pushed him in a locker which made him very angry and he knocked him down and kicked his ass. Before the kid had a chance to tell on him he went and told a teacher. He said he was straight up with the teacher that he was an atheist and told him all about the little gang. He said the teacher sent them to the office. I'm not sure what will happen now. Sam has never been in trouble, never sent to the principle, never had a note sent home. Hopefully that will show them he's not the trouble maker.

I'm not sure how these kids found this out about Sam. He's pretty shy. I can't see him discussing it with anyone but it's possible. Some of them were calling him a satan worshipper last week and he said he didn't believe in satan. I think one of the penetecostal ladies that goes to church with my recent visitors works in the lunchroom. Anyway I told Sam to defend himself and not worry about getting in trouble. He's not to start it but if they do then start swinging. If I have to I'll go kick someone's ass. :angry:

Holy crap!

I absolutely believe it's from rumors or gossip from the unwanted house guests a few weeks ago. It's seems they are trying to use intimidation tactics with your shy kid by using their mafia type force of love my god or else. Pentecostals are the most psychical and most defensive when it comes to those having different thoughts. It also seems like their M.O. .. trust me I grew up with the mind-set, they are abusive to anyone who dares question them. They also equate anything not of god as being Satan worshipers. I wouldn't wait, Nip this in the bud ASAP! I'd take this to the school board.. AND contact your local ACLU to let them know what's going on, If it were me I'd also contact the police and tell them your child was jumped at school. Come back with force in every direction to the abusers.

I hope your son's okay Xander ! <hugs>

I used to get picked on in school as well, sometimes for claiming to be an atheist, sometimes just for being a freak. So I can relate and feel for your son.

In my case, at that time I did not believe in a Divine being but did believe in what I called "miscellaneous spirits". Having learned that my family had a Cherokee ancestor, I got into making "medicine bags" and "power sticks". One time I brought a power stick to school and a dumb kid made fun of me. I knocked him over the head with my stick and had to stay for detention. Dad came to pick me up and seemed rather proud of me.

You know, it just strikes me as funny that Christian Bully is not even an oxymoron. In theory, if they were all about love, it would be. But sadly, Christian Bully is a non-ironic label.

You could always teach your son some scriptures to quote at those bullies, to let them know what hypocrites they are if they dare call themselves Christians.

Sadly, they sound so stupid that scriptures will be unlikely to penetrate their thick skulls.

I definately think this happened as fallout from your fundie squad visit. No question. If your son hasn't discussed his athiesm before, it's unlikely he just decided to do it. The group that visited you obviously have been very 'busy' gossiping their little hearts out and it got passed on to their kids. They probably encouraged their kids to give yours trouble. x-tians can be very nasty.

I can sympathize with problems with the school over fighting. I had to take my brat to court last year for fighting the very last day of school! At the public school where I live, kids get into fights the school calls the cops and they issue citations to them like adults fighting and then the kids have to go before the judge in court. Even if a kid is defending himself, he winds up in court explaining the fight to the judge.

Schools don't care anymore who starts a fight. A friend I had in Denver, his daughter was robbed of her leather sports letter jacket at school by another girl. The other girl literally ripped it off her back and tried to take off with it. My friends daughter chased her down and got it back and then the other kid pulled a knife on her. My friend's daughter beat the flying crap out of the other kid and was not injured so she got EXPELLED for fighting while the other kid only got suspended. I moved before I heard how this played out but my friend took his daughter out of the Denver public school system and enrolled her in Catholic school from which she graduated a few years ago.

I absolutely hate public schools and mandatory education.

Xandermac,

I can tell you what will scare the living shit out of the school administration. What you have to do is go up to the principals office, look him/her strait in the eye and say,..."If this happens again and no body is dealt with, I will be filing a lawsuit against the school district and YOU for failing to keep my child safe at school!...If you think I am kidding....TRY ME!!!".....Don't fall for any nice talk from the administration, just hold your ground and be meaner than a rattlesnake if you have to and let them know you will be keeping tabs on this. Any time you say the word 'Lawsuit', they jump. Also, follow up any meeting with a letter reiterating what you said but send it by registered mail, they know it is legal at that point.

I don't take shit from anyone myself and when somebody who thinks they are a self appointed deity runs into my little buzzsaw, they know they have tangled with a human tornado...you can do the same thing too and they will respond...I guarantee it! Good luck.

BO,

I agree!

One time when my son was small he had a new 4th grade teacher. I was a smoker at the time.

I was reading through my sons paper and I saw the title.

Something my parents do that I don't like.

He went on to say how I was a smoker. I took the action that you cite above. I was bullshit. Talk about using children to spy on their parents, and report them to the 'state' WTF. I told them if something wasn't done about this I was going to the paper to warn other parents of the underhanded Stasi type tactics going on in the School. Can you imagine if a child got into an argument with his parents and something was misinterpreted? Or if the wording of the 4th grader implied something other then he ment? The state would be required to investigate the entire family. I had the superintendent call me directly to do damage control. Everyone agreeing that is was an inappropriate assignment, and that they in no way attempt to spy on tax payers. They appeased me and it dropped.

Once you draw your line in the sand, they will fall over themselves to make it right.

Xander..

I put up with this shit with Beastie and SkuLLe almost monthly.

Section 1983 is a big fucking club.

U.S. Code as of: 01/19/04

Section 1983. Civil action for deprivation of rights

Every person who, under color of any statute, ordinance,

regulation, custom, or usage, of any State or Territory or the

District of Columbia, subjects, or causes to be subjected, any

citizen of the United States or other person within the

jurisdiction thereof to the deprivation of any rights, privileges,

or immunities secured by the Constitution and laws, shall be liable

to the party injured in an action at law, suit in equity, or other

proper proceeding for redress, except that in any action brought

against a judicial officer for an act or omission taken in such

officer's judicial capacity, injunctive relief shall not be granted

unless a declaratory decree was violated or declaratory relief was

unavailable. For the purposes of this section, any Act of Congress

applicable exclusively to the District of Columbia shall be

considered to be a statute of the District of Columbia.

1983 is the Equal Protection and Due Process Teeth in the Laws.

Go to School Board with some homework done on your part, and bring up threat of a lawsuit based on the 1983 legislation.

Have 1983 printed out for their immediate use (They KNOW what is meant by the 1983...) and let them know that you DEMAND "Equal Protection" and "Due Process" for your son.

There is no "Or else". Period.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civil_Rights_Act_of_1871

Google'd pages on 1983

Don't fuck around with the adults who are fucking you and Sam around.

kL

I'm sorry your son was bullied. I was bullied in school and it was hard. I hope it never happens again.

CelloChick

I'm sorry to hear about those little assholes picking on your kid. I got my fair share for being "dark", I was considered "a witch" (a label I promise i never claimed). Kids can be and usually will be nasty little shits as long as they can get away with it. But with a strong minded Momma like you I'm sure he doesn't give a crap what they have to say about him (just like I didn't) and being bigger than everyone helps too :). Although I certainly do wish I had told them I sold my soul to satan for demonic powers of revenge.

Honestly, I'm kind of surprised anyone has the guts to pick on him. 5'7" and 180 lbs at 12 years old? That's bigger than I am now!

I used to get picked on in school as well, sometimes for claiming to be an atheist, sometimes just for being a freak. So I can relate and feel for your son.

In my case, at that time I did not believe in a Divine being but did believe in what I called "miscellaneous spirits". Having learned that my family had a Cherokee ancestor, I got into making "medicine bags" and "power sticks". One time I brought a power stick to school and a dumb kid made fun of me. I knocked him over the head with my stick and had to stay for detention. Dad came to pick me up and seemed rather proud of me.

Kids are so mean. Seriously, middle school kids are a sub-human life form. I was tormented in Middle School for being fat and dorky. I wore pink jeans and a red sweater and thought I looked good. LOL. My parents told me the same thing...don't start it but defend yourself if you have to. I would tell my kid to do the same thing.

Honestly, I'm kind of surprised anyone has the guts to pick on him. 5'7" and 180 lbs at 12 years old? That's bigger than I am now!

Well, doncha know, they have the Armor of the Lard Kryaast!--the Sword of the Lord--and possibly of Gideon (if the Gideons still give out Bibles and New Testaments).

All Sam's got is the "arm of flesh."

I would tend to agree that this is probably a fall-out of the fundy squad visitation, and that waiting around to see if it will "go away"--well, I hope it will go away. You don't need the hassle of a legal issue. Of course, it might help the nonChristian minority in the long haul to have another case against them. And you seem to have a clear-cut case. However, it's your life and your decision. The rest of us can look in from the comfort of our homes with the safety of the internet to buffer us from the impact of the situation.

Middle school students are among the worst people on Earth. I was bullied in middle school because of my acne, and I had a stain on my two front teeth thanks to a fever I had when I was little. Both were out of my control. I had the endearing nickname "Pimple". The stains were removed by a dentist and my acne's lots better now. Also, I was bullied for supposedly being a lesbian. I was pretty upset by this, as I'm not a lesbian and even if I were I would not deserve such treatment.

But anyway, go straight to the principal and set things straight. If the principal refuses, threaten him/her with a lawsuit. Schools do NOT like lawsuits, and if you mention one and look like you mean it, they will bend to your will and do whatever you like. American schools could care less about education and safety-- all they care about is looking good in their communities. If they fail to do anything about these little brats (who named themselves after the KKK! The KKK! That's quite enough to warrant disciplinary action nowadays!) then get a lawyer and SUE THEM.... or contact the local media and threaten the school with a lawsuit. Schools do not like looking bad at all. If you contact the media or threaten them with a lawsuit, their reputations are at stake.

He said that they were sent to Alternative school. I'm going down there tomorrow and get to the bottom of it. He's not sure how long they've got in A school so I'm gonna go find out and investigate exactly whose kids they are. Wish me luck cause I'm pretty pissed. I want to know what happens when they're out of A school. Yes Sam is a big kid and he could put a hurt on one but not if 3 jump him. I'll let you guys know what happens.

What's Alternative school? Is that like RIS here (Restricted Instructional Setting, known as in-school suspension mostly everywhere else)? And they only got that?! Wow. In most schools if 3 kids called themselves the KKK of <insert group here> and jumped somebody they'd get suspended for two weeks. I think your kid's school is going pretty light on them.

Or it could be that I am a very cruel person when it comes to middle-schoolers....

I hope the school helps your son out as these kids sound like future school shooters if someone doesn't set them straight.

In fifth grade I made a "god's eye" pin in Girl Scouts, and no one said a thing about it as many of the girls in my class were scouts themselves. In sixth grade however I went to another school, and when the girls saw my pin they started to call me "AIDS infected satan worshiper!" because of my eczema and the pin. Sadly back then no one really gave a shit over bullying, so after four hellish months in my seventh grade my mother decided homeschooling would be my best bet at an education.

Xander...

"Alternative SkuLLe" is where the window licking fools and troublemakers take the shortbus ride there.

Under NO fucking circumstances SACRIFICE your son's education because a bunch of overpaid dipsticks cannot/will not take care of a huge problem with their charges.

Let us make this understanding before going one fucking iota further with this discussion.

Schools have Administrators to make decisions in bahalf of the parents who cannot be there with their children.

If these same fools tell you "Oh there is a POLICY about xxxxxxxxx", then feel free to see such policy in WRITING.

And in turn ask the School Board "If we have these POLICIES in place, WTF do we NEED these high priced admin sorts to do nothing and be afraid to take care of troublemakers?"

*THIS* is now the time you whip out the 1983 and beat them over their fucking useless furry heads.

Under NO circumstances should an otherwise peaceful well minded student be bullied by a known group of troublemakers, and he have to pay the price of StOOpid SkuLLe.

Ball is in your court with this Alternative School shit. THAT is where the miscreants belong, not Sam.

You folks need help? PM me for landline info from my end. Don't fuck around and have Sam sent off to the Zombie Making Hut..

k Been There, Do This, Beat Fuck Outa Them, FL

This may not be helpful, but at least it's heart felt

The little shits need their heads displaying on pikes along the school fence...

All the best

Grandpa Harley, founder member and life president of the King Herod Appreciation Society (Wolverhampton 1985 Chapter)

and as to bullying... lessons my father taught me...

If cornered by a group, take down the biggest one, or the one you know to be their leader in as painful, ugly, and brutal fashion as possible.

You're going to get hurt anyway, so attack like you don't care about getting hurt. Fear is their weapon. Turn it one them in spades.

Only fight on their ground when you have no choice.

A door is both a weapon of offence and defence

If in a toilet, taps hurt more than sinks, but a wall mounted urinal is humiliating as well.

My middle school bullying was short lived... as was secondary school, where there were a whole load of new players introduced... lot of those suckers have an oval scars where the got a lump torn out by my teeth...

There again, the animal houses I attended still rank near the bottom of the league tables for education and discipline... and that is across England and Wales... These days I'd be homeschooled or given my own cage to play in...

And on that same note:

Keep in close, punches are silly can't get much force if you close the gap.

Knockout punches to the face are for movies, knocks to the gut work better, hurt your hand less, and have a better chance of incapacitating via "knocking the wind out of them".

Like Gramps said, if outnumbered go for one, you'll likely get the shit kicked out of you, so go for stuff that will hurt and show in public, noses and eyes come to mind. Some tenacity will make them think twice down the line.

It sounds like your son is pretty well off being big and all so he shouldn't have to much trouble. I hope it doesn't come to that, but the last thing you want is for your kid to end up in a bad locker room situation totally unprepared.