Goodbye Jesus

Were You a True Christian

Mythra

MAN!  Were WE ever THIS deceived?!?  (Unfortunately, yes.)

:Wendywhatever:

I know, it breaks my heart! :(

Goodbye Jesus
  • Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dogmatically_challenged

• Ouroboros

• Burry The Rag

• Checkmate

No. It is because those who knew the truth but rejected it, it is they that will experience the full wrath of God.

Does this sound even remotely like justice? Think about it. Seriously. Think about it for longer than 1 second. It's the reason a lot of us deconverted.

We rejected cultlike brainwashing because we realized it was lies and had nothing substantial to stand on. The Bible is a fairy tale and always will be. Do you think it would be fair to be tortured for all of eternity (think about that) just because you don't believe in Santa Claus or the Tooth Fairy? Why the bloody hell should we be any different, just because it's a religious cult that some people still think is real? A lot of three year-olds still believe in Santa and the Tooth Fairy, but does that make them real? I don't think so.

I admire your courage, courage to believe in your own little warm and fuzzy god.  I hope that you find out that God is a little like real life: i.e. NOT a teddy bear.

The thing about myths Aaryn, is that they aren't real life at all.

I don't admire your delusions. But I admire your persistance (tenacity) in sticking to them. :grin:

The difference being, of course, that my God is real.

The Jewish god, the Xtian god, and the Muslim god are all the SAME invisible sky daddy.

The Jewish god, the Xtian god, and the Muslim god are all the SAME invisible sky daddy.

Hey, the pastor at the UCC church I went to even admitted that more than once.

No.  It is because those who knew the truth but rejected it, it is they that will experience the full wrath of God.

What a god you serve. I and many others stopped believing after a short or long journey in search of truth, whatever that might be. Mine started with earnest prayer for wisdom and as I felt my faith slipping away I prayed that god would let me die while I yet believed. For this selfish desire I've angered that bastard more than a child molester? Than Stalin? What a god you serve.

Wouldn't a true Christian follow the teachings of their Master? Wouldn't a true Christian take and sell all that they have and give the money to the poor? I doubt that there are more than a handful of true Christians. I can only say that I thought I was a true Christian.

I am SOOOO glad I am NOT a True Christian™! What a bunch of fucking loons. If I HAD taken my former faith any MORE seriously than I did, I'd probably be dead right now. I wanted SO badly to be "martyred" for the name of "Jesus". :loser:

FUCK! If anyone wants to say that I was NOT a True Christian™, I won't argue the point anymore. I'll take it as the most sincerest form of flattery! "Thanks, dude!"

We should test this. One of us should re-convert, and then poll those Christians who said we weren't real Christians to find out if we are now. If we get enough yes votes, we'll then deconvert several weeks later and do a follow up poll to find out: Did Jesus forsake us, or did their weak faith allow that crafty Satan to trick them into believing we were really True Christians ™ :wicked:

That's a scientific and empirical method for sure! :grin:

Guest Anathema

I admit honestly that I was not a real christian. I will also admit that it was not altogether clear to me what a real christian was until my post-deconversion studies. I was not a real christian because:

I Didn't sell all I had and give it to the poor.

I Didn't believe in tongues-speaking.

I did not miseo (Greek for "hate") my family, or life.

I did not "separate myself from "the world" and touch nothing unclean."

I could not survive poisonous snakebites or survive drinking poison.

I could not move a mustard seed, let alone a mountain, with my faith.

I could not believe that god fabricated the fossil layer to test our faith.

post-457-1122846156_thumb.jpg

Everybody's entitled to their opinion. That's all this is. Your opinion. Your opinion and your big imaginary sky daddy friend do not frighten me.

If your opinion turns out to be the truth, so be it. I'll accept God's judgment. Until then, I am going to take every advantage to judge HIM.

I'm actually glad that he doesn't exist, because it would be a sorry-assed thing indeed to have a petulant monster such as YHWH for the creator of the universe.

No.  It is because those who knew the truth but rejected it, it is they that will experience the full wrath of God.

I don't know why, but for some reason aaryn reminds me of the Wizard of Oz -

I do believe in spooks. I DO believe in spooks. I do, I do, I do, I do, I DO believe in spooks.....

Hey dude, why don't you wring your tail some more for us? Or go chase a little dog or something.

:poke:

Is 'of course' here a Freudian slip? Course does come from Latin: cursus, from the verb currere: to run. Do you want to run away? Are you afraid of your own (real) god?

I admit honestly that I was not a real christian.  I will also admit that it was not altogether clear to me what a real christian was until my post-deconversion studies.  I was not a real christian because:

I Didn't sell all I had and give it to the poor.

I Didn't believe in tongues-speaking.

I did not miseo (Greek for "hate") my family, or life.

I did not "separate myself from "the world" and touch nothing unclean."

I could not survive poisonous snakebites or survive drinking poison.

I could not move a mustard seed, let alone a mountain, with my faith.

I could not believe that god fabricated the fossil layer to test our faith.

post-457-1122846156_thumb.jpg

Yeah...I must not have been a True Xtian either.

TAP, you a True Xtian? Jay? SOIL if your still around?

I am SOOOO glad I am NOT a True Christian!  What a bunch of fucking loons.  If I HAD taken my former faith any MORE seriously than I did, I'd probably be dead right now.  I wanted SO badly to be "martyred" for the name of "Jesus".  :loser:

FUCK!  If anyone wants to say that I was NOT a True Christian, I won't argue the point anymore.  I'll take it as the most sincerest form of flattery!  "Thanks, dude!"

You know what, TK? I'm glad I was. (and, by "True Christian", I don't mean to imply that I think christianity is true. I only mean that I really did believe it at one time - as much as anyone ever has)

But, I'm glad I was a "true christian". Because now, no amount of christian threats of hell or promises of God's blessings has any ring of truth. I don't ever have to wonder if they are right and I am wrong. I don't have to live in fear.

No matter how "sold out" a christian comes in here, I can say, "yeah, I know". I WAS YOU.

And I found the whole sad comedy of christianism to be an elaborate sham.

• 2 months later...

I know this is an older thread, but my father -- the life-long Southern Baptist minister who is still actively pastoring at 75 -- recently discovered my state of unbelief. It took him a few weeks to warm up to the task, but he has come to the conclusion that I was never a True Christian™. The following paragraph is part of my response to him and I'll let it serve as my thoughts on this whole topic:

"But you seem to have already become God himself and judged my thoughts and my heart. You deign to know that when I asked the Lord to come into my heart at the age of 7 that I was not sincere. You proclaim the same about my many rededications, my indwellings and infillings of the Holy Spirit, my many hours praying, my countless hours studying the scriptures to truly see "whether those things were so." If I was not sincere and was not a True Believer then this should cause fear and trembling to come on your soul as NO ONE then can ever know. Perhaps you and mom and Philip [my brother] and your pastor and even Billy Graham are not 'true believers' and just don't know it yet. I challenge you to name one requirement of salvation that I did not fulfill!"

I'll let you know if I get a response....

I'll let you know if I get a response....

You also could have pointed out that he probably consider Romans to be true, where it's stated that the non-Christian knows there is a God, but because of evil in their heart reject the knowledge of God. So the question is... are you a believer now, but rejecting it? And back then you were a false believer, but wanting it?

And the next question you can ask is: if you just one single time did something in the Holy Spirit, and someone claims that it was the works of man or the devil, isn't that to blaspheme the Holy Spirit? Isn't that the only single thing that God will never forget? Did he commit the unforgivable sin by claiming you to never been a True Christian™?

That's a good response, Trashy. As I'm sure you know, he must be in agony over his recent discovery, and is trying to fit your deconversion into his mindset as best he can-- in this case a defensive stance.

It's hard enough for US, who KNOW the truth about Christianity, to see those around us whom we love caught in its trap. At least we know no one is in danger of eternal torture.

For THEM it's three times as bad. First, they lose an ally and brother in faith. Second, they think we'll burn forever. Third, we pose a problem for their beliefs. If we can dump it, they might be in danger of doing the same-- and we may know something they don't.

Good luck. I hope your situation resolves well.