Goodbye Jesus

Here's The Point

Guest end3

Not mind boggling, but the point is: Either love works for us on some level, or we choose an alternative. There is probably a level that each of us can tolerate for a time without love, but if this level falls below or altogether fails us, we choose a perspective that satisfies the level we need.......

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PiracyOfTheHead

• chefranden

• Kuroikaze

• Rhia

Whats the question End?

*headdesk*

Since leaving Xtianity, "Love"is beginning to come back to my heart.

Not judging everything under the sun.

Acceptance of all people who cause me no harm.

Acceptance of the diversity and amazing diffeences and similarities amongst the people of the world.

Finding nature beautiful again, instead of seeing this world as a dying, rotten and evil mass of shit based on the "fallen" world idea.

Learning to love myself and not hate my own nature.

Learning to love my flaws, in the belief that I am here on earth to learn and evolve.

I think that I have chosen love to the best of my ability now, Xtianity stole the love from my heart for over 10 years, bit by bit until I was a walking pharisee, professing love in word but having very little in my heart due to the anti-human, anti-earth teachings of Xtianity.

2 months into de-conversion and I already feel a difference, the love is coming back, the true love, not the contrived, conditional love that I was taught in the church.

I rarely ever saw any true 'love' while being a Xtian, I saw acts done from obligation or to look good in front of others 95% of the time, it was so obvious...then once in a while humanity would shine forth from someone despite their Xtianity.

One of my quests is to reclaim the love I once had as a youth, and be freed from my religious points of view that stifle love.

ANY person who believes their god will burn, torment and torture another fellow human being, and continues to follow that god CAN NOT have TRUE love in their hearts, they have a selfish love imo.

Ive never heard a justification for eternal hell that ever made me find it right and just, and ive heard about all of the versions out there...the Orthodox one is a freakin whopper, it absolves God COMPLETELY of any responsibility for the person and makes it 100% the fault of demons and humans.

No such god should be allowed to be called the god of love, read 2 Corinthinans 13 and tell me if you find hell to match up with Paul's own definition of love.

love teaches and corrects, love would have the person continue until they come to the truth, love does not say you have a few X amount of years in this crazy life and if you blow it you're tortured forvever, that is SADISTIC and cruel to the max, you cant get worse than Jesus' hell.

Just an observation.

And that would be my point exactly Rhia, the love you show towards me fails for me at best, so I turn elsewhere.....when will it end?

......good post POH

*sigh* You call me a bitch like it's a bad thing, hon.

ETA: no law dictates that I must love you, hence why I'm free to loathe you instead.

ETA: no law dictates that I must love you, hence why I'm free to loathe you instead.

Then be consistant and treat everyone as you treat me or else you is all mouth.

Why would that be consistent? Lets be honest here, you haven't exactly been nice either, isn't it consistent to treat others as they have treated you? Must I treat people who are an ass to me nicely?

You never answered my question in the other post so I'll ask again. You say humanism is making you more mean, but I fail to see how humanism justifies being a dick to people just because you disagree with them. Why do you feel humanism justifies this?

I like that! It's a good one :lmao:

Not mind boggling, but the point is: Either love works for us on some level, or we choose an alternative. There is probably a level that each of us can tolerate for a time without love, but if this level falls below or altogether fails us, we choose a perspective that satisfies the level we need.......

Humans evolved as social animals. Love is not some esoteric or metaphysical thing. It's a neurochemical soup of dopamine, oxytocin and prolactin.

http://www.ex-christian.net/index.php?showtopic=27769

2) White Raven, it would be a nice turn in your life, and for everyone, if you were as pretty on the inside an you are on the out. I hope you don't end up as some childs grandmother....

And now....

No question just a thought to ponder.

* female canine* Lovely as always Rhia......are you and White Raven sisters?

Why am I on your mind End3?

Or perhaps it would be more accurate to ask why am I IN your mind End3?

Haven't discussed anything with you in two months easy.

heh

http://www.ex-christian.net/index.php?showtopic=27769

2) White Raven, it would be a nice turn in your life, and for everyone, if you were as pretty on the inside an you are on the out. I hope you don't end up as some childs grandmother....

And now....

No question just a thought to ponder.

* female canine* Lovely as always Rhia......are you and White Raven sisters?

It's because regardless of anything, you fail to recognize that I am anything other than "the evil Christian troll" coming to do harm to the poor heathens.

Why not just be human and support a level of love so that none get below their level of need. Why do you dislike me inparticular. Am I not in a position of discovery?

The point of my statement that most are failing to recognize is, love failed most everyone here to some degree (including me), and therefore many have formed new alliances with x, whatever x might be......i.e. ex Christian friends, searching for some physical truth, etc. The fact that you and Rhia claim some new highground is anything but true. You still practice love to some degree. Their is no independence away from love, it is just a stance....

Why would that be consistent? Lets be honest here, you haven't exactly been nice either, isn't it consistent to treat others as they have treated you? Must I treat people who are an ass to me nicely?

You never answered my question in the other post so I'll ask again. You say humanism is making you more mean, but I fail to see how humanism justifies being a dick to people just because you disagree with them. Why do you feel humanism justifies this?

Perhaps I am not aware of the rigid definition of humanism, but it seems more of a "me" type stance. Is this not accurate? If I allowed "me" to run loose, there you are, statements like I just made....the real truth. It dosen't seem to be hindering Rhia or White Raven from achieving permanent PMS....why should I, in my new selective me adventure, be what you expect me to be.

End,

One time I was being told I was acting like a dick and then I was told "End3 would be proud" by another member on the board, I didnt know who End3 was at the time, but it seems you have a reputation.

I dont know you, and i havent seen anything worthy of geting upset with you about on this thread, so i dont know what you have said before but I see you have almost 900 posts, maybe you're coming off in a certain way???

As far as humanism, I dont know much about it but I thought it was like humans treating other humans decently and allowing them to be their own person, I didnt get the impression it was an "all about me" type of stance, as you put it.

Try not to lose yourself into arguing with the 2 ladies you seem upset with, Ive lost a good thread to that kind of thing before, its easy to get sucked in....I think I see your point and it could be followed through and explained and people will be more attentive. just mho.

Humans evolved as social animals. Love is not some esoteric or metaphysical thing. It's a neurochemical soup of dopamine, oxytocin and prolactin.

Some chemicals to make me feel the love would be good right about now....any ideas??

:HaHa:

It's because regardless of anything, you fail to recognize that I am anything other than "the evil Christian troll" coming to do harm to the poor heathens.

AH. My mistake...I'm supposed to RECOGNIZE the truth of you. Silly me. Didn't get the memo that this was important to anyone but you.

Why not just be human and support a level of love so that none get below their level of need.

I'm not giving you a handjob. Get over it.

Why do you dislike me inparticular. Am I not in a position of discovery?

You are in a position of discovery the way a gerbil on a squeaky wheel is going somewhere.

The wait for an attempt at real inquiry on your part has become tedious.

The point of my statement that most are failing to recognize is, love failed most everyone here to some degree (including me), and therefore many have formed new alliances with x, whatever x might be......i.e. ex Christian friends, searching for some physical truth, etc. The fact that you and Rhia claim some new highground is anything but true. You still practice love to some degree. Their is no independence away from love, it is just a stance....

Oh. Gee. We've all had heartache at some point in our lives and have sought healing afterwards. Your powers of ESP are truly astounding. Amaze us some more Miss Cleo. Tell us...when we get hungry, will we want to eat too?

I don't claim highground. I don't give a damn about my elevation, not sure why you think it important.

Are you using the word "love" in place of "god" or something? Because otherwise, your words are beyond redundant.

I know damn well that I love. But nothing on this earth obligates me to accept your twisting of the definitions of words.

Weirdo....you just missed me. I know it.

AH. My mistake...I'm supposed to RECOGNIZE the truth of you. Silly me. Didn't get the memo that this was important to anyone but you.

It's a new truth, like y'alls.

I'm not giving you a handjob. Get over it.

lol...I never got any, so how could I get over it. But there's always tomorrow. Why don't you plan a trip to Texas

You are in a position of discovery the way a gerbil on a squeaky wheel is going somewhere.

The wait for an attempt at real inquiry on your part has become tedious.

Tedious like anticipation? As far as the gerbil wheel thing, maybe because you are a senior member, I missed your enlightenment period.

Weirdo....you just missed me. I know it.

Think about that trip...

End,

One time I was being told I was acting like a dick and then I was told "End3 would be proud" by another member on the board, I didnt know who End3 was at the time, but it seems you have a reputation.

I dont know you, and i havent seen anything worthy of geting upset with you about on this thread, so i dont know what you have said before but I see you have almost 900 posts, maybe you're coming off in a certain way???

As far as humanism, I dont know much about it but I thought it was like humans treating other humans decently and allowing them to be their own person, I didnt get the impression it was an "all about me" type of stance, as you put it.

Try not to lose yourself into arguing with the 2 ladies you seem upset with, Ive lost a good thread to that kind of thing before, its easy to get sucked in....I think I see your point and it could be followed through and explained and people will be more attentive. just mho.

POH,

I get routinely angry in life, so I visit here to take my frustrations out on these misguided, yet good people.....a symbiotic thing. Most of it is all in fun, sometimes it gets to be a little more, but they might still buy me a beer if I were thirsty.

ANY person who believes their god will burn, torment and torture another fellow human being, and continues to follow that god CAN NOT have TRUE love in their hearts, they have a selfish love imo.

there it is.

Perhaps I am not aware of the rigid definition of humanism, but it seems more of a "me" type stance. Is this not accurate? If I allowed "me" to run loose, there you are, statements like I just made....the real truth. It dosen't seem to be hindering Rhia or White Raven from achieving permanent PMS....why should I, in my new selective me adventure, be what you expect me to be.

Humanism is a Philosophical view point which favors human needs over anything else. Not because humans are intrinsically more valuable, but simply because WE are human.

Yes, one of the basic tenants of humanism is self actualization and happiness. But another basic tenant is the notion that you should not take away someone else's happiness while trying to achieve your own. There is no justification in humanist philosophy for just being a jerk for the sake of being a jerk.

I can't remember you being personally insulting to me in particular, though I have a rather short memory for such things.

Don't you dare talk about them like that. Rhia and White Raven have been very friendly people since I've been here. If they've been rude to you, more often than not, you brought it on yourself. So, don't you go calling Rhia a bitch and then turn around and say she's the one rude to you. Apologize right now for that comment. How do you put someone on ignore on ex-c? And don't blame humanism for your rude behavior. As far as I can remember, you've always been like that this since day one, Mr. I Came To Ex-C To Spam.

Perhaps I am not aware of the rigid definition of humanism, but it seems more of a "me" type stance.

Don't be retarded. Egoism and hedonism are more in line with "me" philosophy than humanism is. Your just being a cock because you want to be.

why should I, in my new selective me adventure, be what you expect me to be.

Uh, nobody is saying that. You're being a cock, you can take that information and do what you will with it.