Goodbye Jesus

What DO you think of Political correctness?

Onyx

PC is fucking bullshit. It's another tool in the fucking tolerentist arsenal to force everyone to accept all kinds of inane stupidity and muddle public discourse (as if it needed help). PC is for pussies.

(tolerentist is my word for people who want to force us to accept anything, even the most wrong and evil ideologies : in Christianity we say "liberal Christian")

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Onyx

• Francois Tremblay

• Asimov

• Cerise

in Christianity we say "liberal Christian")

What do you mean 'we'? Are you a christian?

I say call it as it is. If you are a arab wareing a turbin shooting a ak while scraming death to the usa then I say you are a rag head. If you are acting out like a certain slander at the time then that is what your are. But I know some people are going to be offended no matter what, so why no use a little bit of consideration.

well, Franc, how exactly the torlentists force you to swallow their beliefs? Which do you depise more, rightists or libbies or everyone?

Which do you depise more, rightists or libbies or everyone?

You know, I've considered the question many times, and I can't decide who I hate more. My current position is that hating whoever is in power at a given time is probably the only way to make that decision. That means that right now I hate liberals more.

I see. Do that mean you're a anarchist or anything?

Worse : I'm a libertarian.

(I wrote "capitalist" first, but that would only start another dispute, as no one seems to understand what that means)

Libertarian, eh? That means you want total freedom of presses and actions.

Hee hee. I edited my post after you replied, it looks like. Read it again ;)

Libertarian, eh? That means you want total freedom of presses and actions.

Well, amongst other things yea.

Well, that's fair. But any one can be unPC and still be scary. Same goes for PC people. I don't care about holding it to the extremes neither I care care to be extremely slack. I'm in the middle.

Oh sure, but being PC always compounds the problem. At least when someone is being honest, you know what they're up to.

If anybody's PC or unPC, what's more scary to you? Do you agree with this blogger I posted a link to?

If anybody's PC or unPC, what's more scary to you?

I don't know about "scary". People who think science should be destroyed and replaced by "personal modes of knowing" are scary. Christians who believe in Hell and instill that fear in their dysfunctional children are scary. Politicians who take away our rights, and get everyone to agree with them, are scary. Those people can be PC or un-PC. But in general, PC people will tend to have a slicker tongue, and those are the most dangerous.

Do you agree with this blogger I posted a link to?

I'm not sure, agree about what ? That PC is evil ? Sure. That it's some kind of leftist conspiracy ? No. I think both sides of collectivist beliefs share PCness, although in different ways. All liars have things to hide.

George Bush, for instance, is using newspeak like it's going out of style.

Well, both sides have something to hide. I'm noting...

What's the most HORRIBLE thing PC people can do to us?

Well, both sides have something to hide. I'm noting...

What's the most HORRIBLE thing PC people can do to us?

Same as non-PC people, except perhaps with more support. For instance, as I said, I count George Bush as one of the wordmongers - a campaign of imperialism is easier to justify when you call it "war against terrorism" and "spreading democracy".

Wordmonger, eh? If I decided to invade Estrania on grounds of "Collective blah" when it's really "Money and power" would that be a example of Political correctitude?

I think so. Although I suppose that's not the strict definition of PC, I would definitely count it in the same category of wordmongering. It all reduces itself to the same thing : talk about things by manipulating facts and emotions enough so that no one will see it as negative. Non-judgment, tolerence, even of the most foul atrocities.

What about Bush's communist by-the-numbers education policy, called "No Child Left Behind" ? If that's not PC I don't know what is. "See, we're acting for the children !"

No Child left behind. Is that a program that recruits children into army or a educational program which make them too equal for their own good?

Heee hee hee. It's unusually hard to make the difference these days isn't it.

This is a sample of the unPC side ( the rightist side I suppose)

A man rants about PC

http://pcwatch.blogspot.com/

Now, what do you make of this blog?

Is this man is a rancid ranter against progress or the valid truth teller?

The definiton of true PCness according to me, is that PC people try to force feed their belief down people's throats. Now what do you make of it?

What others call "being PC", I call "acting like a decent human being". When I hear someone ranting about how they refuse to be PC, what I hear them really saying is that they don't give a shit about the feelings of others, and they don't care if what they're saying is offensive. If a person prefers to be called African-American instead of black, then you're just being an asshole if you insist on using the term you know they don't like.

What others call "being PC", I call "acting like a decent human being".  When I hear someone ranting about how they refuse to be PC, what I hear them really saying is that they don't give a shit about the feelings of others, and they don't care if what they're saying is offensive.  If a person prefers to be called African-American instead of black, then you're just being an asshole if you insist on using the term you know they don't like.

greygirl, you do bring up a good point. However, you can't please everyone. If one of my friends prefers to be called african-american, then I'll call em that, because they're my friend.

Other than that, if someone is offended by what I say, then they need to get a life.

I think it's insulting to call someone "African-American". What the hell ? They're not from Africa ! How about you stop speaking to people as if they're skin colours or countries and start addressing them as human beings, damn PC baffoon ? (not you Asimov, but the PC pussy before you)

Let people be as offensive as they want to be, just don't let them whine about it when someone actually takes offense and punches them in the mouth for it.