Goodbye Jesus

What DO you think of Political correctness?

Onyx

Better one.

My dad is as white as they come; he's Scandinavian mutt. He married my mom, whom he met at the post office, who is as brown as they come; she's Mexican. They've both worked at the very same building for over thirty years, and know many many people.

My dad is also a Vietnam Vet. A Marine, to be precise.

Anyway, one day, he apparently called a fellow worker - who was black, and who knew him - "Ma'am." He's a Marine. That's what they drill into you; basic fucking respect. "Ma'am" was one of those terms.

She took offense. She apparently went off on him that "Ma'am" is merely a derivative of the offensive term "Mammy," which was, for those lacking in proper history, an offensive term for a black woman.

:Doh:

I couldn't believe it when he told me.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Onyx

• Francois Tremblay

• Asimov

• Cerise

Uh... what? "Ma'am" is actually derived of the French word "madame", meaning "milady". :Doh:

This is a sample of the unPC side ( the rightist side I suppose)

A man rants about PC

http://pcwatch.blogspot.com/

Now, what do you make of this blog?

Is this man is a rancid ranter against progress or the valid truth teller?

The definiton of true PCness according to me, is that PC people try to force feed their belief down people's throats. Now what do you make of it?

People used to be polite.

I'm more interested in learning to be polite rather than learning to mouth institutionalized lies. The lesson of learning to be polite will last you a life-time whereas institutionalized lies change with the winds.

I'm more interested in learning to be polite rather than learning to mouth institutionalized lies.  The lesson of learning to be polite will last you a life-time whereas institutionalized lies change with the winds.

The first thing you might want to work on is to acknowledge that women are your equals and quit blowing us off, as you have a pattern of doing. That behavior is one of the reasons I still think of you as a fundy. :ugh:

• 11 months later...

In the light of Bush's double speak act and the rise of the left in America and elsewhere, do you think there will be new stereotypes of conservatives as result of Bush's foolishness and do you think people will cease to be PC towards rightists as they relish the fall of Bush and co?