Goodbye Jesus

What DO you think of Political correctness?

Onyx

I think it's insulting to call someone "African-American". What the hell ? They're not from Africa ! How about you stop speaking to people as if they're skin colours or countries and start addressing them as human beings, damn PC baffoon ? (not you Asimov, but the PC pussy before you)

Like now for instance, I spy an asshole. A deliberately provoking hypocritical asshole. Please do not whine when I take offense at your offensive post, Francois.

Sit on it and rotate, if you please. :loser:

Goodbye Jesus
  • Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Onyx

• Francois Tremblay

• Asimov

• Cerise

Let me be Politically Correct and ask you to engage in passionate intercourse with yourself.

Let me be Politically Correct and ask you to engage in passionate intercourse with yourself.

Does this mean I get to call you a "PC bafoon" now?

Bahahahaha, you children!

:lmao:

Francois, how come you're not like this on the radio show?

What did I say ? I was Politically Correct wasn't I ? ;P

I'm not like that on the radio show because I have intelligent guests on the show (okay, except for Matt Slick, and I did get a little rough with him). If I had to talk to these guys on a regular basis, I would talk like this too.

So you have little patience, franc?

Little patience for foolishness, irrationality and things of that nature. We do, however, have an inordinate fondness for crackpots.

What did I say ? I was Politically Correct wasn't I ? ;P

I'm not like that on the radio show because I have intelligent guests on the show (okay, except for Matt Slick, and I did get a little rough with him). If I had to talk to these guys on a regular basis, I would talk like this too.

A little rough? You were taking it from him like a manslave. You're like Tom Leykis on the forums.

I think it's insulting to call someone "African-American". What the hell ? They're not from Africa ! How about you stop speaking to people as if they're skin colours or countries and start addressing them as human beings, damn PC baffoon ? (not you Asimov, but the PC pussy before you)

Wow. I wish I could say I expected this, but this is shocking even for you.

Is that how you get off Frog? Sending e-insults to women you can't bear to stare down face to face? Does that make you feel like a big man Mr. Frog?

As a gentleman, I am speechless from your barbaric conduct. As a man I am seeing red from your drunk freshmen conduct. I don't know how they do it in Canada, but over here(in AMERICA of all places, the place knows worldwide for rudeness) we conduct ourselves better.

It's amazing, you know. You're dragging down the name of Ex-C. I know a very devout friend... she asked me if people get banned for your kind of conduct.

Imagine my shame when I tried to explain why we hadn't banned your pathetic ass.

Your barbaric conduct is UNHEARD of here. If you think you are intelligent, you are sorely mistaken... as only the ignorant can be.

Take your trash, your filth, and your hate elsewhere. It is not welcome here.

Merlin

p.s. You claim that you are an atheist... so why is it you fit the WORST stereotype of fundamentalist bible thumper?

The kind that uses scripture to excuse--hell, JUSTIFY--his actions?

Why is it you can't make a cohesive argument to save your life?

Why is it you have more in common with the missionaries who come here than "your fellow atheists"?

All right, All right. Settle down children! :HaHa:

It's funny that the main people who whine about Political Correctness or advocate it

are the ones who are least affected by it. That is, white, protestant males who are heterosexual, have no visible handicaps, no mental illnesses, and are middle-class suburban dwellers with a wife, 2.5 kids, 1.5 cars, and a dog.

I think when we take polital correctness too far, we're taking away even more power because the people for whomever PCness is meant for usually aren't the ones that decide, well, what is PC.

For example, the PC word for who I am would be an African-American. However, is it me or did I miss the memo announcing I'm no longer to be called "black"? Nooo, because no one asked me or any other blacks I know of. They just assumed what we wanted and made up a phrase that would placate us.

But, of course, white people still get to be called.......that's right, "Americans"!

I often wonder if this aggressive effort to classify minorities into Hispanic, Asian, African, or Arab Americans is just a subconcious response to the notion that you aren't a "true" American unless your ancestors originated from a European country.

There was also this hoopla about a teddy bear that was sold as a Valentine's Day gift.

An organization that assists the mentally ill wanted the bear banned. Why? Because the bear was sporting a white strait jacket and came with a note saying "Crazy for You."

Now, I suffer from severe depression and social anxiety disorder. Most people in my family have some kind of mental illness(it's genetic). But did this bear "offend" me? Did this organization even ask any other mentally ill people how they felt? Of course not! The only thing I saw wrong with the bear was its price, ($75 U.S.), and I thought it was cute. I've been hospitalized twice, the last time in 2004, and I would've loved to have one of my loved-ones give me this bear. I would've found it hilarious, cute, and it would've, at the very least, made me feel a lot better and have a sense of humor about my hospitalization.

The company who sold the toy apparently agreed with me and continued selling the bear and the publicity made it sell out quickly. Point being, I understand the need to be sensative to other people's feelings and not treating others like crap but aren't you supposed to do that with all human beings anyway regardless of race, color, religion, whatever?

To me, a lot of the PCness that's going on only stigmatizes people even more. It looks like an attempt to salve the concience of the "majority" class and make themselves less uneasy when they're around someone who's in the minority. I'm tired of being known as an African-American, low-income, inner city, disinfranchised, urban, person of color (still colored person, what's the difference?), at-risk woman with a mental illness, curly hair(It's nappy! okay? Try combing it and see if you feel the same.), dark complected, full lipped woman.

I just want to be a woman who lives in America for once, not classified like I'm some new species that scientist are trying to name and can't figure out what. I, for one, think other people, racial minorities, handicapped, dwarved, learning disabled kids, poor, or others not in the "main stream" would appreciate the same.

Fair enough. I want to know if the dark skinned people apperciate being called black because there such hoopla surronding naming races...

What do you think of the word: BlacK?

Worse : I'm a libertarian.

(I wrote "capitalist" first, but that would only start another dispute, as no one seems to understand what that means)

I consider myself a libertarian captialist also. I am actually a registered republican but over the last 2 elections I have become so turned off by the religious right and their intolerance of anyone who isn't a fundamentalist Christian that I find I can no longer support it. It's unfortunate that a republican who supports capitalism is also forced to support rabid religious fanaticism as part of the deal. One of these days I am going to get around to reregistering to make it official....

Why do we need to mention if someone has "black" skin or "white" skin ? Is this some information of vital importance ?

All right, All right. Settle down children! :HaHa:

It's funny that the main people who whine about Political Correctness or advocate it

are the ones who are least affected by it. That is, white, protestant males who are heterosexual, have no visible handicaps, no mental illnesses, and are middle-class suburban dwellers with a wife, 2.5 kids, 1.5 cars, and a dog.

I hope you don't assume that we fit this demographic.... :Hmm:

Fair enough. I want to know if the dark skinned people apperciate being called black because there such hoopla surronding naming races...

What do you think of the word: BlacK?

I don't mind it at all. It's the term that I grew up with and until recenty, it was the box I checked when I was asked on an application to identify my race. Being black, African-American, Afro-American, or Negro's not going to make me any less me. It's just yet another way to classify people.

As long as it's not a word used to demean black people, I don't mind. I see myself and others as human beings, not racial categories as I was taught (I live in the South). And I wish others would do the same.

I hope you don't assume that we fit this demographic.... :Hmm:

No, but the ones who make up the rules for PCness usually do.

Why do we need to mention if someone has "black" skin or "white" skin ? Is this some information of vital importance ?

Because we're still caught up in the same divisiveness as we have for 300 years.

I can't stand having to identify myself on a job application as African-American as it's not pertainant to my fitness as a candidate. But I have a first name that's typical of black women so the employer figures out my racial heritage anyway.

I applied for grad-school at a college in Wollogong, Australia and nowhere did it ask me what color I was. It only asked me about my nationality since I was going as an overseas student. Australia does have people from Africa and the Aboriginees are called "black" people (as they are extremely dark skinned) but they don't classify like Americans do here.

"Because we're still caught up in the same divisiveness as we have for 300 years."

Gee... wonder why that is ? Could it be because... we still maintain the same divisions we have for 300 years ? And of course the democratic system that sets groups of people against each other, making racial and nationalist identifications a political statement...

bah...I hate nationalism...I hate culturalism....

You do good to hate them. Identification with culture or nation is the worship of the small mind, who can't bear being an individual. The extremities to which people will go to identify themselves with something, anything, even if it really has very little to do with them, is quite unbelievable...

"Every miserable fool who has nothing at all of which he can be proud, adopts as a last resource pride in the nation to which he belongs; he is ready and happy to defend all its faults and follies tooth and nail, thus reimbursing himself for his own inferiority."--Schopenhauer

Un-pa-tri-o-tic (adj): protesting when the government wants to kill people.

You do good to hate them. Identification with culture or nation is the worship of the small mind, who can't bear being an individual. The extremities to which people will go to identify themselves with something, anything, even if it really has very little to do with them, is quite unbelievable...

"Every miserable fool who has nothing at all of which he can be proud, adopts as a last resource pride in the nation to which he belongs; he is ready and happy to defend all its faults and follies tooth and nail, thus reimbursing himself for his own inferiority."--Schopenhauer

Un-pa-tri-o-tic (adj): protesting when the government wants to kill people.

:lmao: amen to that.

I dunno. Being PC doesn't bother me unduly much; I'm a half-Mexican half-Scandinavian, which basically breaks down into a mutt in white suburbia. I've been called all sorts of stupid names in childhood (mostly of food. Why is that? Why is "Taco" somehow offensive?) and frankly, it's just laughable. They're just words. I'll call myself a Spic if I feel like it; my boss calls me Little Indian Girl, and though he's actually something of a racist moron, I see no reason to be pissed when he thinks it's a joke. Calling blacks "African Americans" makes about as much sense as me being called a "Mexican-American" when Mexicans are nothing more than bastard Spaniards watered down as it is, but I guess it depends on who your friends are and who happens to be armed. Grow a thicker skin, and the unPC doesn't really bother you so much.

Unless of course, they do it on purpose. Then you can beat them with warclubs.

PC is, to a point, really just trying to keep glumping people into easily identifiable groups. But it's also a balm on people's frazzled nerves too, because they're too damned sensative on certain things; hell, "cunt" used to be a word for a woman. Not a slut or a whore, just a woman.

You know how American slaves fought with each other over whose master was the best, or how sports fans brawl in the stands for their favourite team ? To me that's pretty much what nationalism looks like. The fury of small minds who can't grasp the real issues of their age.

Though I live in NZ, I am proud but I reconizge its shortcomings.

Hell, the English men even tried to make wars with the Maoris and we're all the worse. I am anti partiotic in the sense that I never stand up for the anthem, I boo the national rugby team, All Blacks, I disbelieve its main religion.

The sense that I am partiotic is only that I am proud to live in NZ but never subscribe to its precepts of its culture.