Goodbye Jesus

Anyone ever changed their mind on politics?

Guest aexapo

Absolutely, which is why I always give them the chance.  The Perot initiative in '92 could have potentially killed the Democratic Party, but his campaign was incompetently ran . . . which deflated the movement.  If Perot had been anybody else but himself, he might have won -- he was ahead in the polls for a few weeks, just off of his desire to run and his anti-NAFTA message -- but, when the media started paying attention, and people knew what a nut he was, they backed off.

It really could have become a centrist, populist party.  I think something like that could happen again . . . a party aimed at the people that actually work here in America.  The Republican Party is just for people who get rich and people who pray, and the Democrats still haven't re-redefined themselves yet.  Yeah, I think both of them are ripe for a come-uppance.

:lmao: Which is why I'm basically a right-leaning Libertarian, I woulda been a Republican if I had been conservative on social issues and a couple others. Hey, I'm only 16 and I'm into politics. :wicked: So could the Libertarians become a major party in America?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• a midnight star

• spamandham

• Vixentrox

• dead_hobbit

Well, when I was a kid and didn't know any better, I agreed with everything my parents said, including liking the Republicans. Now that I'm older, I think for myself. What persuades me is not usually emotion. Scientific evidence and logic does, for the most part. Although, some things will never be proven by science.

While it's nice to see another individual step out of the pro-war camp, your reason for doing so seems a bit dubious.  Is "bringing democracy to Iraq" the reason we went/are at war, and is that goal a sufficient reason to decimate cities and fill graveyards and body bags even if it could be achieved?

I am not anti-war. There are times when war is inevitable. When it comes to self-protection I am not against fighting back, I am not a Franciscan anymore. When we began this damned war we were told a pack of lies about WMDs. Eventually I realized, and not too happily, that I was just as duped as many others; I am not exempt from being fooled. MEA CULPA, MEA CULPA, MEA MAXIMA CULPA!

I agree that 'bringing democracy to Iraq' was not the reason we went. The fact is, we are embroiled in the war now, (Sorry, there is no 'go back' program in life), and I wish that, if possible, we will not waste the lives that have already been given. If I believed that somehow we could help Iraq to rise out of the oppression of the previous government (I really mean I wish we could extricate the women & children) or the current insurgency I would, with fear and trembling, continue to back the war.

I do not believe in the ultimate triumph of good over evil. Nevertheless, if the people of Iraq will show that they value their freedom and are willing to put themselves 100% on the line, then we might be serving the planet by continuing a presence there.

As it stands, I do not back THIS war and believe it has been a huge waste of young AMERICAN lives. mj :ukliam2:

I played the voting game and voted for the libertarian guy last time. I heard it said "vote your conscience" (whatever the hell that is) so that's what I attempted to do. There was a sad ass bunch of loosers to pick from, so I picked the one that seemed to be closest to my views. One that didnt have aspirations to take over the world in the name of ______ . :shrug:

Oh well. Play on. :Wendywhatever:

You're a smart man :woohoo:

I'm a right-leaning libertarian too. When I was your age, I was seen - for the most part - as a crazy lefty by the people I lived around, except for a few.

But then again, I lived right next to the most conservative city in the nation at the time...

:lmao:   Which is why I'm basically a right-leaning Libertarian, I woulda been a Republican if I had been conservative on social issues and a couple others. Hey, I'm only 16 and I'm into politics. :wicked:   So could the Libertarians become a major party in America?

Badnarik is a very interesting person, indeed. I might not agree with everything he does, but he's definetly interesting.

http://www.badnarik.org/inthenews_item.php?p=1720

I played the voting game and voted for the libertarian guy last time. I heard it said "vote your conscience" (whatever the hell that is) so that's what I attempted to do. There was a sad ass bunch of loosers to pick from, so I picked the one that seemed to be closest to my views. One that didnt have aspirations to take over the world in the name of ______ .  :shrug:

Oh well. Play on.  :Wendywhatever:

Badnarik is a very interesting person, indeed. I might not agree with everything he does, but he's definetly interesting.

http://www.badnarik.org/inthenews_item.php?p=1720

I woulda voted for Badnarik, he's better than all the rest.

Oh gosh I can be stupid sometimes.

I meant to say, before the link, "Look at the hell he's putting the IRS through right now..." because with the case he is working on right now, he might be shutting them down for good...

and I wish that, if possible, we will not waste the lives that have already been given.  If I believed that somehow we could help Iraq to rise out of the oppression of the previous government (I really mean I wish we could extricate the women & children) or the current insurgency I would, with fear and trembling, continue to back the war.

IMHO, the lives that have been wasted have simply been wasted. What we're doing now is "throwing good money after bad" (where lives=money), trying to pull something positive out of a crap situation.

Some say, "well, we went in for the wrong reasons, but now that we're there we have to stick it out until the job's done". Why?

I used to call myself a Liberal.

Then one day I woke up and realized I like money. And I sure as hell don't giving it away.

I must get it from my mom.

I played the voting game and voted for the libertarian guy last time. I heard it said "vote your conscience" (whatever the hell that is) so that's what I attempted to do. There was a sad ass bunch of loosers to pick from, so I picked the one that seemed to be closest to my views. One that didnt have aspirations to take over the world in the name of ______ .  :shrug:

Oh well. Play on.  :Wendywhatever:

This is total bullshit. The repubs do not want to take over the world. What planet are you on?

I used to call myself a Liberal.

Then one day I woke up and realized I like money. And I sure as hell don't giving it away.

I must get it from my mom.

And you wonder why I use the words "liberal propaganda". These are just two examples of why. They are so far from the truth, but is accepted as truth because the liberal machines say so. Whatever happened to finding out the truth before you decide on what is true?

This is total bullshit. The repubs do not want to take over the world. What planet are you on?

Earth? But take heart, it isn't just the Republicans that want to take over the earth. Everyone who thinks they can ends up actively trying to do it (to include Democrats and other natiosn as well).