Goodbye Jesus

Christians - Fess Up To Your Beliefs

Tealeaf

This is sad.

Is the brainwashing process of Christianity so harsh that not even some EX-Christians can grasp what I'm getting at??

Jesus is a planned sacrifice created by god....to appease god.

It is the equivelent to a 5 year old in the sandbox with Tonka trucks. The 5 year old is going "vroom vroom" as he draws the trucks nearer to each other in a head on devastating collision. Just at the last moment, the trucks vear to opposite sides and avoid catastrophy. Oh glory! Oh....wait.... What just happened here....

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mriana

• chefranden

• Ouroboros

• Tealeaf

This is sad.

Is the brainwashing process of Christianity so harsh that not even some EX-Christians can grasp what I'm getting at??

Jesus is a planned sacrifice created by god....to appease god.

It is the equivelent to a 5 year old in the sandbox with Tonka trucks. The 5 year old is going "vroom vroom" as he draws the trucks nearer to each other in a head on devastating collision. Just at the last moment, the trucks vear to opposite sides and avoid catastrophy. Oh glory! Oh....wait.... What just happened here....

Yes I understand. Even when I was in it seemed stupid.

Christians do not seem to be able to understand that there is a basic problem with dragging in an outside force called "evil", which is set against God, who is omnipotent and omniscient, and to which God is subject to, inasmuch as he hates it. This is elevating some force above God, who is still supposedly sovereign. There is no way you can reconcile this problem. These contradictions are the heart of the religion and are irresolvable. I would like to see a Christian just admit it and stop preaching this nonsense. I am sick of reading and hearing so-called solutions which generally involve God giving up his sovereignty (in which case he is no longer sovereign, nor all powerful).

I guess I am not understanding your statement. You are thinking God is somehow less than sovereign? Do you subscribe to God snapping his fingers so that we all pop to Heaven and it will be fine?

Please describe how you think God is less sovereign through Christ? Seriously.

My only point was that God is less than sovereign once limitations are placed on him, either by himself or by outside forces.

Actually, yes, an all powerful and sovereign God certainly could snap his fingers and everything would be fine. Yes, why not?

1. I guess I am not understanding your statement. You are thinking God is somehow less than sovereign? Do you subscribe to God snapping his fingers so that we all pop to Heaven and it will be fine?

2. Please describe how you think God is less sovereign through Christ? Seriously.

1. Well Ya, why doesn't he just pop his fingers so we all snap into heaven and be just fine? Why all the torture first, or after? If I could I'd certainly do so for my children. And not for just to get them out of trouble, but to make the trouble itself go away.

If some hood like Satan were dragging them into a life of crime or drugs, I just go over an shoot the bastard. It wouldn't do much good if I shot myself instead. My kids would still be in trouble -- kind of like we see today even though God shot himself. That wasn't a solution. Just read the news to find out on your own.

2. He's less sovereign because he doesn't exercise his sovereignty. He commits temporary suicide instead. He'd already told everybody just follow the rules and things would be fine. (Ezekiel 18) But then he must have gotten panicky, and came up with this hair brained scheme. Even Paul thought so, though of course made excuses for it.

God says to himself, "self, I want the jokers to love me and do right. But I won't use what little smarts they have to persuade them. No, it will be more fun if a screw with their stupid heads. That'll be a lark. Better than Ferris Buller on his day off. I'll be king of the stupid!"

18For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. 19For it is written:

"I will destroy the wisdom of the wise;

the intelligence of the intelligent I will frustrate."
[c]

20Where is the wise man? Where is the scholar? Where is the philosopher of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world? 21For since in the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom did not know him, God was pleased through the foolishness of what was preached to save those who believe. 22Jews demand miraculous signs and Greeks look for wisdom, 23but we preach Christ crucified: a stumbling block to Jews and foolishness to Gentiles, 24but to those whom God has called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God. 25For the foolishness of God is wiser than man's wisdom, and the weakness of God is stronger than man's strength.

26Brothers, think of what you were when you were called. Not many of you were wise by human standards; not many were influential; not many were of noble birth. 27But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong. 28He chose the lowly things of this world and the despised things—and the things that are not—to nullify the things that are, 29so that no one may boast before him. 30It is because of him that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from God—that is, our righteousness, holiness and redemption. 31Therefore, as it is written: "Let him who boasts boast in the Lord."

Oh I get it! :Doh: God doesn't want robots. God wants idiots.

Guest Davka

To add to what Chef said, if God can be opposed, even if it's only temporary, then he is less than sovereign.

If God's will can be thwarted by another being, then God is less than sovereign.

If everything works out according to God's will, then he is guilty of creating beings just to send them to Hell.

If everything works out according to God's will, then everything that happens is ultimately his fault. So why punish us?

You can't have it both ways. Either God is limited or he's ultimately responsible for everything, including sin.

The plan has nothing to do with God's sovereignty, but is a plan that enables humanity to act in a means to an end.

"Snap your fingers God and fix it","Oh, and by the way God, you suck".

You are the means to the end....

Gheez folks.

Oh well, jump on the ex-Christian bandwagon and identify, and pat each other on the back that you all agree for safety sake. You too Teabag...there's safety in numbers.....nature says so....

The plan has nothing to do with God's sovereignty, but is a plan that enables humanity to act in a means to an end.

The plan has everything to do with God's sovereignty. It has caused major disagreement among Christians. If you can't see it, End, you are quite dense, after we have tried with many posts to explain the problem.

You still have not said why God can't just snap his fingers and fix it. I didn't say it but yes, if you want to put it that way, God as presented in the Bible, does suck.

Oh well, jump on the ex-Christian bandwagon and identify, and pat each other on the back that you all agree for safety sake. You too Teabag...there's safety in numbers.....nature says so....

I resent this statement. This is a site for EX-CHRISTIANS not Christian believers. We have one thing in common, we don't believe in the Christian God. Of COURSE we agree. End, this is beneath you.

The plan has everything to do with God's sovereignty. It has caused major disagreement among Christians. If you can't see it, End, you are quite dense, after we have tried with many posts to explain the problem.

You still have not said why God can't just snap his fingers and fix it. I didn't say it but yes, if you want to put it that way, God as presented in the Bible, does suck.

I resent this statement. This is a site for EX-CHRISTIANS not Christian believers. We have one thing in common, we don't believe in the Christian God. Of COURSE we agree. End, this is beneath you.

Sometimes Ms. D, it is just a collection of piss-poor attitudes. Obviously there is something to evolution, because some people continue to evolve in one direction and others another. It is clearly evident that we are not at the beginning of the Biblical story, yet everyone here seems to think the lessons of the Jews et al do not apply to them?

The point again, Ms D, God already had it fixed in the garden. He subjected the created to evil to test the trust, because the freedom for the created would be true love, not robots. The created failed, and ever since, there has been a plan for the created to reconcile themselves, not the other way around. But, again, there remains the evolutionary strain that says it's not our fault God, cause we are too damn smart and have it figured out....

The point again, Ms D, God already had it fixed in the garden. He subjected the created to evil to test the trust, because the freedom for the created would be true love, not robots. The created failed, and ever since, there has been a plan for the created to reconcile themselves, not the other way around. But, again, there remains the evolutionary strain that says it's not our fault God, cause we are too damn smart and have it figured out....

Again End, you constantly short-change your own god. He didn't know the outcome of the "test" ahead of time? Not very ominscient then. He couldn't come up with a way to have free will and no evil? Not every omnipotent then (and before you get all up in arms about that, remember your god is supposed to be infinitely smart and powerful, of couse he could come up with things we can't in our limited reasoning).

Again the issue isn't with the concept of a "god" as such, its the specific actions and attributes that Christians apply to their definition of "god" that falls flat.

Why do I seem to think your god should be capable of more than you do?

Guest Davka

Sometimes Ms. D, it is just a collection of piss-poor attitudes.

Always be careful when reading things on the web. Unless someone comes right out and tells you they are angry or vengeful or whatever, it can be very difficult to tell what a person's attitude is from words alone. Rather than jump to the conclusion that a certain point of view is due to an attutude problem, I would suggest that you ask for clarification.

For example, I'm not mad at God or even at Christians. I often write in a way that is dismissive or sardonic, but that's not because I have a bad attitude, it's because I have an odd sense of humor. I find most things at least mildly amusing.

Obviously there is something to evolution, because some people continue to evolve in one direction and others another.

Um - evolution is a process that takes huge amounts of time. Human civilization has not been around long enough for any evolution at all to be noticeable.

If you are talking about societal "evolution," that's a different matter.

It is clearly evident that we are not at the beginning of the Biblical story, yet everyone here seems to think the lessons of the Jews et al do not apply to them?

It is not clearly evident that ahyone was ever at the beginning of the Biblical story, because it is not clearly evident that the story is anything but a myth. However, if you are going to treat it as fact, then you need to deal with the way God is portrayed in the OT.

Is God all-knowing? If so, then he knew exactly what would happen before he ever chose to create humans or the garden. So don't think that god can escape blame, the design flaw in humanity is God's, not ours. In effect, God punished Adam and Eve for doing exactly what he knew they would do before he created them. He punished them for being exactly the way he made them.

Claiming that the creation failed but God had nothing to do with it is absurd. Either God is all-powerful and all-knowing, or he isn't. Which is it?

Sometimes Ms. D, it is just a collection of piss-poor attitudes. Obviously there is something to evolution, because some people continue to evolve in one direction and others another. It is clearly evident that we are not at the beginning of the Biblical story, yet everyone here seems to think the lessons of the Jews et al do not apply to them?

Why would the "lessons of the Jews" apply to me?

The point again, Ms D, God already had it fixed in the garden.

You are still missing the point. Why does God need garden to fix it?

Romans chapter 9 states that God created some unto destruction so that he could demonstrate his wrath and power to those who were created unto salvation. This would seem to confirm that those who don't choose god did exactly what they were created for. To burn as an example to those received god's mercy. It doesn't matter whether you like this or not. This is your god as presented in the bible.

No, Adam and Eve walked with God before the "fall of man" as you would like to see it now, God and man, God and Ms. D walking as good creation.

Wander all around the point, it doesn't change it.

I'm beginning to suspect that I'm on end3's ignore list.

No, I haven't Davka....just frustrated.

Giving humanity the capability for free will is just that, why would it not be

absolute? Why????? Do you think God would leave a loophole in there for himself? "I GIVE YOU FREE WILL, BUT I LIE TO MYSELF BECAUSE I REALLY KNOW YOUR OUTCOME YOU IMPERFECT HUMANS......AHH HA HA HA HA.....BURN YOU LITTLE BASTARDS"

And even if He did you are right back in to the God is sovereign thing......he can choose whatever the heck he wants to.

:lol: I'm reading this thread and I can't help but laugh. End, how are you so sure your God has human qualities? Could it be God is like Hanuman? Or even Bast? The truth is the idea of a god, any god, is a human creation. God didn't create you, humans created gods. Name a god and humans created. You know how to kill a god? Stop believing in it. That is how other gods have died before, but the problem is, humans can't seem to live without superstition and creating something outside themselves to explain the unexplainable. What you have done is created a myth to explain what you, or any other human for that matter, have no answers to. Again, you are using superstition to explain the unexplainable, but that doesn't mean your god is behind it all nor does it mean that science won't one day have an answer. Humans once believed in volcano gods (ie Moses and his volcano deity, yes it was a volcano) and then science studied volcanos and superstition about them disappeared. Thus, people stopped believing in volcano gods and those gods "died".

absolute? Why????? Do you think God would leave a loophole in there for himself? "I GIVE YOU FREE WILL, BUT I LIE TO MYSELF BECAUSE I REALLY KNOW YOUR OUTCOME YOU IMPERFECT HUMANS......AHH HA HA HA HA.....BURN YOU LITTLE BASTARDS"

And even if He did you are right back in to the God is sovereign thing......he can choose whatever the heck he wants to.

You're frustrated....

We are dealing with who I assume to be a grown man insisting that an ancient book with a circular, pointless premise is the ultimate, divine authority of the universe (the universe consisting of earth and humans almost exclusively, as that is the nature of the Chrsitian delusion)

Talk of feelings and emotions as percieved through the internet makes a good point. Funny how I can tell who the The One True Asshole in this thread is as well, what with your reference to me in the earlier post end3.

End3, you've succesfully done what your indoctrination does exceedingly well. You've completely avoided the main point and dodged the argument. You've turned your posts into a light dose of preaching once again, just like all those coming from the same horde as you. I went over it very thoroughly and then went over it very simply. Both times you ignored it and starting spew more of the same baseless, useless, dogmatic Chrisitian drivel.

My whole thesis, yet again, is that the point of the Christian message of 'salvation' is that the creator of the thing to be salvaged from is also the creator of the salvaging process. It makes no sense. It is a complete circle.

If you commit a crime, does the judge say "I have to punish you, but here's a way to get out of it scott free"? What would be the point of the punishment or the threat of it? Why would it be wrong to do anything if you can just get away with it by using the judge's professed loophole? Pointless. Utterly utterly pointless.

Go ahead Mr. One True Christian, squirm and slither your way around that too.

According to Paul. yes.

Romans 9:14-22 (New International Version)

14What then shall we say? Is God unjust? Not at all! 15For he says to Moses,

"I will have mercy on whom I have mercy,

and I will have compassion on whom I have compassion."[a] 16It does not, therefore, depend on man's desire or effort, but on God's mercy. 17For the Scripture says to Pharaoh: "I raised you up for this very purpose, that I might display my power in you and that my name might be proclaimed in all the earth." 18Therefore God has mercy on whom he wants to have mercy, and he hardens whom he wants to harden.

19One of you will say to me: "Then why does God still blame us? For who resists his will?" 20But who are you, O man, to talk back to God? "Shall what is formed say to him who formed it, 'Why did you make me like this?' "[c] 21Does not the potter have the right to make out of the same lump of clay some pottery for noble purposes and some for common use?

22What if God, choosing to show his wrath and make his power known, bore with great patience the objects of his wrath—prepared for destruction?

Okay if your okay with being best-friends/married to a Sociopath that's fine.

Talk of feelings and emotions as percieved through the internet makes a good point. Funny how I can tell who the The One True Asshole in this thread is as well, what with your reference to me in the earlier post end3.

First of all, it's Authentic Christian...

Secondly, who's the prick for walking into place to gather ammunition against their fellow man Teabag...

I gave you a plausible answer more than once to which you still have no relevant response.

If you commit a crime, does the judge say "I have to punish you, but here's a way to get out of it scott free"? What would be the point of the punishment or the threat of it? Why would it be wrong to do anything if you can just get away with it by using the judge's professed loophole? Pointless. Utterly utterly pointless.

BTW, the answer to your last question is called deferred adjudication.

Deferred Adjudication Law & Legal Definition

Deferred adjudication is available in some jurisdictions for certain offenses. It often involves probation, treatment programs, and/or some type of community supervision. If all the conditions of probation are met for the allotted time handed down by the court, the offender can avoid a formal sentence, and in some jurisdictions, no permament record of the crime will be made. Typically, at the end of the probationary period the charge will be dismissed and no record of conviction will result. Deferred adjudication may be available to eligible defendants upon recommendation by the prosecutor or at the discretion of the court.

My suggestion to you Teabag, find something constructive to occupy your time.

As opposed to what? Other Xians? Xians you don't deem Xian? Or the world in general that is not your denomination? Too much arrogance for my taste.

Secondly, who's the prick for walking into place to gather ammunition against their fellow man Teabag...

I gave you a plausible answer more than once to which you still have no relevant response.

No you haven't. All you've done is make - what you may not even be able to comprehend as - baseless statements that both stray off topic and lend you no credibility. WE've already seen through them, picked them about and highlighted that you can't just throw a claim out there and say that's the way it is.

Deferred adjudication is available in some jurisdictions for certain offenses. It often involves probation, treatment programs, and/or some type of community supervision. If all the conditions of probation are met for the allotted time handed down by the court, the offender can avoid a formal sentence, and in some jurisdictions, no permament record of the crime will be made. Typically, at the end of the probationary period the charge will be dismissed and no record of conviction will result. Deferred adjudication may be available to eligible defendants upon recommendation by the prosecutor or at the discretion of the court.

What?!?! So....a man rapes a 4 year old girl....and there's a way he should be let off the hook or a lesser sentence employed??

Doesn't matter, that wasn't even the point with my 'judge' analogy. I don't suspect you'll actually think about what I said either....

Man, you "Authentic Christians" sure are good at jumping the gun to being assholes and hypocrites though.

I should find something more constructive? Hm, or I could be you and troll around on a site full of people hurt and done with a popular delusion which is madness at it's core when actually examined.

I'm here because people infected with this delusion have hurt me in life and I've watched it hurt them while they were blind to it the whole time. I wish to expose the many fallacies and nonsensical propositions of it.

Why are you here? To save people's souls? To display how ingrained the delusional worldview of Christianity (as you CHOOSE to interpret and profess it) is in someones mind? To derail topics such as this with baseless assertions and then proclaim that you've got all the answers?

What have you to say to the billions of other people who believe in their own delusions and can fabricate an answer to anything out of no where, based on nothing (one-shot, holy books do not count as something....if they do, I choose "The Little Engine That Could"), just as good as you?

No, Adam and Eve walked with God before the "fall of man" as you would like to see it now, God and man, God and Ms. D walking as good creation.

Wander all around the point, it doesn't change it.

End3 please comprehend that I do not believe there was a fall of man, or a Garden of Eden. Nothing I say will convince you, obviously.

Guest Davka

Please clarify. Are you saying that you don't believe God knows everything? He didn't know the outcome in advance?

But does that make it right? The Christian argument is that God is sovereign and good, therefore whatever He does is right, and we have no right to question him. But what proof is there that God is sovereign and good? His actions as described in the Bible seem to say otherwise.

It's a circular argument. "God is good" Who says so? "God." Where? "In the Bible." Why should I believe the Bible? "Because God wrote it." How do you know? "Because it says so." Um . . .

Take a step back, and consider this: I am postulating the existence of a perfect, all-powerful being. Everything this being does is good. This being raped a woman for his own purposes. If you or I did that, we would be doing wrong. But because this being did it, it's good. He then eviscerated the woman and wore her entrails as a necklace, which is also good, because it was done by him. If you question him, he will rape you and wear your entrails as a wristband. Who are you to question an all-powerful being who says he is good?

Now, the being I have just described is not the god of the Bible. But he is all-powerful, and can do whatever he wants to. Who are you to question him? If he says he is good, then he is good. You have no right to impose your beliefs on an all-powerful being. You are puny and limited, but he is omnipotent and omniscient.

So tell me: is my fictional being "good" or not?

End reminds me of my grandfather when he announced my mother had full custody of me and we weren't going to go further and press charges- "We have you away from him. That is enough. God will take care of him." No concern for man's law, only for their delusion and that man went off scot-free to sexually abuse other young girls. That is the most naive way to live life, IMO, because the perp suffers no consequences and is never stopped with such ignorant/stupid beliefs, irregardless of what blind faith-heads believe.

No you haven't. All you've done is make - what you may not even be able to comprehend as - baseless statements that both stray off topic and lend you no credibility. WE've already seen through them, picked them about and highlighted that you can't just throw a claim out there and say that's the way it is.

What?!?! So....a man rapes a 4 year old girl....and there's a way he should be let off the hook or a lesser sentence employed??

Doesn't matter, that wasn't even the point with my 'judge' analogy. I don't suspect you'll actually think about what I said either....

Man, you "Authentic Christians" sure are good at jumping the gun to being assholes and hypocrites though.

I should find something more constructive? Hm, or I could be you and troll around on a site full of people hurt and done with a popular delusion which is madness at it's core when actually examined.

I'm here because people infected with this delusion have hurt me in life and I've watched it hurt them while they were blind to it the whole time. I wish to expose the many fallacies and nonsensical propositions of it.

Why are you here? To save people's souls? To display how ingrained the delusional worldview of Christianity (as you CHOOSE to interpret and profess it) is in someones mind? To derail topics such as this with baseless assertions and then proclaim that you've got all the answers?

What have you to say to the billions of other people who believe in their own delusions and can fabricate an answer to anything out of no where, based on nothing (one-shot, holy books do not count as something....if they do, I choose "The Little Engine That Could"), just as good as you?

See, you are the type bonehead that will bitch about most anything, much like you represent here. God enacted the law and executed justice, but no, that is the mean God that we don't like, yet you still advocate justice as something you wish to see. I am not making deferred adjudication up, it happens all the time. If you read, dumb ass, it says for certain offenses, but you bring up raping a child as your example. You are at best a stupid mother fucker. Get over it already you whining bitch. Everyone gets hurt, regardless of religion, and everyone displays hypocracy....except for you, who wants to rub someones nose in it. Good man you are....what are you, about 14?