Goodbye Jesus

The Cross And The Resurrection

believer

So what the hell does Muslim scholars have anything to do with Karen Armstrong's knowledge in Christianity? How is she not a "serious" scholar? Because she' not a Muslim Theoretical Astrophysicist with 5 Nobel Prizes?

I read parts of her book on Islam. I was not impressed.

I read the bible. I was not impressed.

• Like 1

I believe the monotheism by its nature is problematic to begin with. When monotheists move into your neighborhood, you should be somewhat offended.

Trolltheist.

I read parts of her book on Islam. I was not impressed.

I read the bible. I was not impressed.

I read JayL's posts, I was not impressed.

Guest Valk0010

Define omnipotence for me.

Omnipotence simply means to have unlimited power - or to put that another way, the ability to do anything. The Bible clearly attributes this trait to God, as demonstrated by the following Bible verses:

"Jesus looked at them and said, 'This is something people cannot do, but God can do all things.' " Matthew 19:26

"God can do anything." Luke 1:37 (The speaker is the angel Gabriel, who presumably would know!)

"Is anything too hard for the Lord? No." Genesis 18:14 (And this time, the speaker is God himself).

So according to the Bible, God is clearly omnipotent.

Using your definition of omnipotence, the God of the Bible is not omnipotent. God can NOT lie, God can NOT turn into Satan, etc.

I was going to example the christian idea of omnipotence but I realized you wouldn't get it, or worse, refuse to get it.

But I will take it a different route. If he is not omnipotent, what makes him different the satan, because god just having a good pr firm. It makes his dastardly retarded deisicon making worse to say he is not omnipotent.

Guest Valk0010

Jay, it is My personal wish for you that you lose your faith and never regain it. Perhaps then you'll gain the intellectual and moral insight to understand why we are Ex-Christians, and why we don't want to be like you.

You can keep your intellectual and moral integrity. I will keep my faith in Jesus Christ. As I stated before it is not intellectual matter for me. It is a personal commitment.

That might explain a problem here.

Guest Valk0010

The situation is like this. The "benevolent" person phones his son long distance that an enemy terroristhe (the father) has booby trapped his (his own son's) house and it is about to blow up in 3 hours. But the son does not believe it. He thinks his father is crazy. Well after 3 hours, the house blows up. The son is gone forever. Was the father a benevolent person?

There, I fixed it for you.

You denied the existence of Satan. The Bible is clear that the hell was created for Satan.

And people, that he supposedly knew would reject him or possibly reject him. Yet he created the suitation for it to happen. Face it, Yahweh is either impotent or evil. Take your pick?

Jay, it is My personal wish for you that you lose your faith and never regain it. Perhaps then you'll gain the intellectual and moral insight to understand why we are Ex-Christians, and why we don't want to be like you.

You can keep your intellectual and moral integrity. I will keep my faith in Jesus Christ. As I stated before it is not intellectual matter for me. It is a personal commitment.

That might explain a problem here.

I think this explains it even better. facts, bleah. reason, intellect, bleah. reality? cmon, bro. I've made my bed , gotta sleep in it.

JayL wrote...

"You can keep your intellectual and moral integrity. I will keep my faith in Jesus Christ. As I stated before it is not intellectual matter for me. It is a personal commitment."

So what about that scientific proof of God's existence that Jay claims he's got?

Is that an intellectual matter (as any scientific proof should be) or is it just something personal on his part?

I ask if it's just personal to Jay because he's certainly not happy to share it with anyone else. Perhaps it's a scientific proof just for him and nobody else? Y'know? The kind that can only be understood by him and nobody else. Sadly, until he shares it, we'll never know.

Until then it's about as credible as Shackled No More's invisible, orbiting teapot! wink.png

BAA.

What does Jesus' tomb look like? Before I agree to worship him, I want to inspect it and make certain he's not there.

I believe the monotheism by its nature is problematic to begin with. When monotheists move into your neighborhood, you should be somewhat offended.

Trolltheist.

I believe there is a website for registered monotheists so people in the neighborhood know where they are living and can keep their children safe. :-)

• Like 1

Until then it's about as credible as Shackled No More's invisible, orbiting teapot! wink.png

Which is both invisible and white with a floral design! GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif

• Like 1

Which is both invisible and white with a floral design! GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif

We know that is it invisible because we cannot see it. It is through faith that we know it is white with a floral design. jesus.gif

• Like 2

And people, that he supposedly knew would reject him or possibly reject him. Yet he created the suitation for it to happen. Face it, Yahweh is either impotent or evil. Take your pick?

Yahweh is neither. I have to warn you. The Old Testament is not an easy book to comprehend.

So what about that scientific proof of God's existence that Jay claims he's got?

Is that an intellectual matter (as any scientific proof should be) or is it just something personal on his part?

Well, it convinced me! I showed the argument to two Ph.D's ( one in Chemistry and one in applied physics ) and they were convinced as well! ( Ok. But I do admit they were Christians..... )

Now if you can convince me that you have a Ph D in hard science - esp. mathematical science, I will consider showing the proof to you. But if you are just a random atheist guy here to shoot off your mouth, I am not interested.

I ask if it's just personal to Jay because he's certainly not happy to share it with anyone else. Perhaps it's a scientific proof just for him and nobody else? Y'know? The kind that can only be understood by him and nobody else. Sadly, until he shares it, we'll never know.

BAA.

Before you get to my proof, you may want to consider Kurt Godel's proof for God's existence.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G%C3%B6del%27s_ontological_proof

Correct me if I'm wrong, but does Godel's proof make the assumption that there are multiple worlds?

Well, it convinced me! I showed the argument to two Ph.D's ( one in Chemistry and one in applied physics ) and they were convinced as well! ( Ok. But I do admit they were Christians..... )

Now if you can convince me that you have a Ph D in hard science - esp. mathematical science, I will consider showing the proof to you. But if you are just a random atheist guy here to shoot off your mouth, I am not interested.

The burden of proof lies with the one making the claim and has nothing to do with qualifications (or lack thereof) of those calling the claimant to account.

Deal with it.

BAA.

• Like 1

BAA.

Before you get to my proof, you may want to consider Kurt Godel's proof for God's existence.

http://en.wikipedia....tological_proof

Same answer as before.

BAA.

I wish somebody would tell the Obvious Troll that the Bible is very easy to understand. Even the Old Testament is easy to understand. Even Revelation is easy to understand. Just let go of the Christian multi-bind nonsense and look at the words on the page. It's simple. It's not a very well written document and it has been heavily edited. Much of it is vague. That doesn't make it hard to understand. Vague is the destination. When you get to a passage that is poorly written that is all that can be understood. When a passage is nonsense then nonsense is the answer. It's nonsense! You don't have to pretend like it's a secret code and there is a science to unlocking layers that do not exist. The Bible contains many metaphors where we can't tell what the author intended it to represent. In those cases the meaning is lost. Either the author didn't communicate or the editors botched the job.

The Bible is a simple book and it is simple to understand. Stop pretending it's the word of God and it is easy to understand.

• Like 2

If you can convince me that you know more than general math, esp your college degree paperwork, I will consider listening to your proof. But if you are a just a random Christard that never graduated 6th grade and thinks that he can talk intelligent people here into believing in his imaginary friend because of his imaginary mathematical evidence, I am not interested.

• Like 1

JayL has a secret but he won't tell.

What are you, 8?

If you are going to share a proof that God exists, or something like that, then do so. If you are not going to share it then don't mention it. You just make yourself look dishonest talking about some proof that you keep to yourself.

We know your apologetic proof has a major flaw in it. Deep down inside you probably know it too. We don't know which flaw (or how many if there are more than one) because you don't want your pet theory to get shot down. Aren't you the one who claimed he had a master's in science? You should know that talking about a proof you won't share doesn't impress and doesn't wash.

jayL,

please produce your

phD in philosophy of logic, if not, i don't trust your logic

please produce your proficiency in greek, f not i don't think yu can understand the new testament

please show your understanding of aramic, if not, don't think you understand where jesus comes from

please show your anthrophology, archeology and so we can believe you are. competent enough to argue here,,,

maybe you can show use your proficiency in english, so we can now your ability to comprehend simple. english

• Like 1

Yahweh is neither. I have to warn you. The Old Testament is not an easy book to comprehend.

God is brutal in the Old Testament because those were brutal times. The Israelites were conquering their neighbors and they created a God that reflected their own cruelty.

Guest Valk0010

Anything better then slight condescension? Yahweh is both, btw. I think there is a reason you degrade god to the level of superman or a person on par with the devil. Its because your a coward that can't admit his own bible conceptually contradicts itself. In is fundamentally impossible to be omniscient, omnipotent and benevolent and pick the route of the Old and New Testament. You can rewrite what those terms me all you want or degrade them. However it doesn't change, how god has been understood via the bible. Who are you to put your own God in a box? If god is not omniscient, omnipotent and all that jazz. You jayl are a coward. Here is why. You can't establish God is any better or more powerful then the devil. So your just siding with the person that your more scared of.

If god is not fully omniscient, omnipotent, and omnipresent, then by what basis can you form anything that the bible says is true, without just adhoc selection criteria? I will answer for you. You can't.

And don't give me that crap about, the stone he can't lift. So what, you would have to deduce god is a logical being and has some nature, and he needs that to function. A god that has no definable nature or logic couldn't do anything at all. I don't see that as limited his omnipotence.