Goodbye Jesus

"Unanswered prayer"

daniel_1012

Hey, let's get back to spaghetti! Mm, mm - sounds good! I'm making some tonight with home-made garlic bread. :yum:

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fweethawt

• Asimov

• Mr. Neil

• Eponymic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jesus and his momma must be both be hot for the holy Spirit since Jesus sweated blood and Mary got her baby from Holy Spook...

Hey, let's get back to spaghetti! Mm, mm - sounds good! I'm making some tonight with home-made garlic bread. :yum:
Ya can't go wrong there! :yum: (as long as you give God the credit if it turns out "good")

Here's the secret to the perfect dish of spaghetti:

1. Keep the sauce and pasta separate until you're ready to eat.

2. Put the pasta on your plate.

3. Sprinkle with red pepper seeds.

4. Put piping hot sauce on top of the pasta.

5. Sprinkle with black pepper and parmesan cheese. (mozzerela too, if you have it)

:yum:

Homemade garlic bread? :woohoo:

Yeah, that's good too.

Fire up the broiler and throw some cheese on top of the toast, then broil it until the cheese juuuuuuust starts to turn brown!! :yum:

What if the Spaghetti turned out bad? Would God have willed it to be bad? If so, wouldn't that make it good?

What if the Spaghetti turned out bad?
Then it wouldn't be True Spaghetti.
Would God have willed it to be bad?
Absolutely. Nothing happens that is not the will of God.
If so, wouldn't that make it good?
Yes. But only if it's bad due to the will of God. If it is say, your will that the spaghetti turn out bad, then it is indeed, truly bad.

:mellow:

Wouldn't it therefore be meaningless to call spaghetti good?

Wouldn't it therefore be meaningless to call spaghetti good?

You do have a point there. :scratch:

Gimme a minute to consult God on this one. :Hmm:

<<<consulting God>>>

Okay, thanks, Big G.

Okay, I'm back.

From this day forward, ye shall not call thy spaghetti good nor shall you call it bad. But ye shall call it yummy or yucky depending upon its flavor.

There ya go, Neil. Straight from the Deity's mouth!

Isn't God great? And here I always thought that every answer to any question was contained in the bible... Silly me. -_-

Fwee, you conceded to the No-True-Scottsman fallacy.

You do have a point there.  :scratch:
I'm afraid I'm going to have to consider that a major fault in your apologist simulation. :HaHa:

Fwee, you conceded to the No-True-Scottsman fallacy.

You do have a point there.  :scratch:
I'm afraid I'm going to have to consider that a major fault in your apologist simulation. :HaHa:
:HaHa: Well, I guess that you have another point there, don'tcha? :HaHa:

I don't put sugar on my porridge though. :cunn::woohoo::cunn:

I prefer reality to metaphysics. Most christians hymns to me are just sentimental doggerel. Although Amazing Grace is OK when played as a Recessional (Slow March) on the bagpipes, I will admit. But that's just me.

Anyway, speaking of doggerel, I prefer this kind. It's a more realistic view of god, and at least it gives me a laugh:

The Black Soil Plains

The herring clouds are stretching

Across the black soil plains.

It's more than folks dare hope for

As they pray for summer rains

'Six years of drought and hardship,

The dams and rivers dry.

The bank owns a second mortgage

And our sheep and cattle die.

' " Lord, fill our creeks and rivers,

Let pastures green our lands,

Squeeze the moisture from the heavens

With Your ever loving hands."

'God looked down and saw our suffering

And a miracle came to pass.

His tears dropped down from heaven

Just enough to wash my ass.'

I have known a time or two like that.

Casey

Could you just imagine two tears falling from the sky that are the size of your ass? :twitch:

At that weight and speed, they'd wipe out your frickin' car if they hit it. :eek:

:lmao:

Could you just imagine two tears falling from the sky that are the size of your ass?  :twitch:

At that weight and speed, they'd wipe out your frickin' car if they hit it.  :eek:

104699[/snapback]

No they wouldn't. Rain that size falls all the time. It just breaks before it hits the ground. I imagine the physical properties of God's tears, being water, would hold the same principal.

Could you just imagine two tears falling from the sky that are the size of your ass?  :twitch:

At that weight and speed, they'd wipe out your frickin' car if they hit it.  :eek:

104699[/snapback]

No they wouldn't. Rain that size falls all the time. It just breaks before it hits the ground. I imagine the physical properties of God's tears, being water, would hold the same principal.

104709[/snapback]

:twitch: Did you just say what I thought you said?

104699[/snapback]

What??? :eek: Shit, where do you live so I can avoid your big, ass sized, rain (I'd hate to fly over this place)? Although, I imagine "god's" tears to be very much like you describe. :Wendywhatever:

mwc

P.S. I sure hope you're kidding otherwise you need some serious science help because here on Earth (where I am) rain doesn't work this way.

Daniel,

Do you know of a reasonable argument for losing faith then?

If yes, please illustrate.

If no -> all arguments for losing faith are unreasonable, in your position.

And that, makes your thread title unreasonable, makes you unreasonable.

Hey! Knock it off, you guys! No fair trying to get this thread back on it's ridiculous tracks. I want to hear more about "yummy" vs. "yucky" sketty!

BTW. Where in the world are the Flying Spaghetti Monster devotees? They should be in outrage by now!

104699[/snapback]

104709[/snapback]

Your invisible, untouchable, etheral god has real tears made of water?

No they wouldn't.  Rain that size falls all the time.  It just breaks before it hits the ground.  I imagine the physical properties of God's tears, being water, would hold the same principal.

104709[/snapback]

"God's tears"? :eek::loser:

What planet are YOU from? Did that fall from the turnip truck scramble your noodle? (Mmmmm. Sketty!)

Really, though. We already think you're an idiot. Try not to compound it with such drivel as "God's tears." I mean what's next? Thunder is "God's farts"? :ugh:

Again, if evil is good, then good is meaningless.

104626[/snapback]

I totally agree.

Imagine a black&white TV. But it only shows white color... You can't see any pictures then! Good can't exist without Evil. And Good can't create Evil. They have to be equally strong forces. Neither one creates either or. It just exists.

Daniel: if you have never lost your faith, don't try and instruct those of us who have what it's all about.

It's not a conscious decision, you putz. It's not like one day you just decide to say fuck it, without months or even years of agonizing, painful "soul" searching leading up to it.

ps: Is it gonna piss you off when you find out that you aren't gonna receive any better rewards after you die than the rest of us? Those of us who are our own bosses, who make our own definitions for sin, those of us who can do whatever we please whenever we please? Those of us who get to keep the extra 10% for a slush fund?

But, then, you'll never really know you were wrong. You'll just be fertilizer. Just like we will. Brain dead. From reading your posts, you are well on your way already.

Probably mine cuz God doesn't allow anal sex in heaven.

104633[/snapback]

Yes. God is very anal about that issue...

Probably mine cuz God doesn't allow anal sex in heaven.

I wouldn't be too sure of that if I were you.

Do you have any idea how long it has been since Jesus came? :Hmm::Doh:

104636[/snapback]

And Christian Heaven doesn't have any virgins! :twitch: I rather go to the Muslim Heaven...

Hey!  Knock it off, you guys!  No fair trying to get this thread back on it's ridiculous tracks.  I want to hear more about "yummy" vs. "yucky" sketty!
You guys! :lmao:

I'm dyin' over here over the word "sketty"! Hahahahahaha!!!!

"Unanswered prayer", Unreasonable argument for losing faith.

I happen to think it reasonable to leave the faith because of unanswered prayer. It proves that the whoever wrote what Jesus said lied and therefore making the bible an untrustworthy document.... even though there are plenty of other reasons that it is untrustworthy.

If it is reasonable for one to stay a Christian due to "answered prayers", it is just as reasonable to leave for unanswered ones.

104719[/snapback]

Very good point... why isn't the "unanswered prayer" just a good reason as any to leave faith. After all it proves that God doesn't answer prayers. You don't hear a pip-squeak out of God's mouth after your prayer.

Oh and Daniel....since YOU say that unanswered prayers are UNREASONABLE in regards to leaving Christianity,  is it then UNREASONABLE for a person of ANOTHER FAITH to leave because of unsanswered prayers?  And since it is REASONABLE for your to stay in Christianity due to your "feelings" and "evidence" is it also REASONABLE for another person in another faith to STAY in THEIR FAITH due to their "feelings" and "evidence".  And if someone from another faith receives answered prayers from their said god then it would be "reasonable" for them to stay in their faith, correct?

That's a really good question SerenityNow. I wonder if daniel will bother to try and answer it... :scratch: