Goodbye Jesus

Repenting After Death

Xerces

Heat is energy so heat can exist unmeasured

Heat is a description of a level of energy, not just energy itself.

Put it this way, is 60 degrees hot for you, or 70 degrees? 100? 200? 6,000? 10? -100? Which temperature is "heat" to you? And what temperatures are "non-heat"?

and at the exact same level throughout the universe. Measurement is a notion we use for our mental conception.

"Heat" is a description of our relative sense of the measurement of temperature.

Keeping this site online isn't free, so we need your support! Make a one-time donation or choose one of the recurrent patron options by clicking here.

Us Christians go with the bible and the bible says that there is none good but God, meaning that God is inherently good, He's Holy, Holy, Holy. Evil as in sin is anything that deviates from God's wishes.

Does God enjoy smelling the good stuff? Does God enjoy soap operas? Does God have eyes, ears, a nose, a sense of touch? How could God experience "good"? He can't be good i.e. behave good. If He is goodness then He is an idea.

Eh, quit being difficult, eventually everything will smell wonderful AND there will be variety of smells!

Nope. Right now, the smells you've had in your life are just a tiny fraction of all the smells that exist. The foulest smell you ever have experienced is most likely not the worst that exist. And on top of that, some people find smells pleasant that you might find to be foul. The experience of smell is very varied. It's not complicated. It's reality.

Hey what's with all the doom and gloom? You can keep your tummy rot atheism/this stinkin' life is all there is. I look forward to a world without end and I have HOPE in God's promises!

Eh, quit being difficult, eventually everything will smell wonderful AND there will be variety of smells!

Nope. Right now, the smells you've had in your life are just a tiny fraction of all the smells that exist. The foulest smell you ever have experienced is most likely not the worst that exist. And on top of that, some people find smells pleasant that you might find to be foul. The experience of smell is very varied. It's not complicated. It's reality.

Hey what's with all the doom and gloom? You can keep your tummy rot atheism/this stinkin' life is all there is. I look forward to a world without end and I have HOPE in God's promises!

A world without end would be a world without meaning. Apathy would overtake your existence.

And I have no doom-and-gloom. I'm not sure why you think that? This life is all that I have. It's more important now when I don't have a second chance or some eternal heaven to go to. You Christians have very little reasons to improve this world since you're going to Heaven anyway. That's the same underlying thinking as the suicide bombers. They're going to Heaven, so they don't care if they die. But I care for this life. When you have no second chance, your attitude towards responsibility improves.

This stinkin' life IS all there is. I'm fine with that, per se.

Us Christians go with the bible and the bible says that there is none good but God, meaning that God is inherently good, He's Holy, Holy, Holy. Evil as in sin is anything that deviates from God's wishes.

Does God enjoy smelling the good stuff? Does God enjoy soap operas? Does God have eyes, ears, a nose, a sense of touch? How could God experience "good"? He can't be good i.e. behave good. If He is goodness then He is an idea.

You can't define what good is for you have no basis for it. Right and wrong will be a creation of your own mind, something will be good or bad because YOU say it is. The Christian has a guide and that is God and He speaks mainly through His Word. About knowing what God looks like, how 'bout we get you all holy and sparkly and you can see for yourself, huh?

A world without end would be a world without meaning. Apathy would overtake your existence.

And I have no doom-and-gloom. I'm not sure why you think that? This life is all that I have. It's more important now when I don't have a second chance or some eternal heaven to go to. You Christians have very little reasons to improve this world since you're going to Heaven anyway. That's the same underlying thinking as the suicide bombers. They're going to Heaven, so they don't care if they die. But I care for this life. When you have no second chance, your attitude towards responsibility improves.

It's nice that you can look for happiness in this sad world but technically an atheist worldview offers no hope to folk who don't have relatively peaceful lives.

Christains can have the best of both worlds as it were. God wants us to enjoy this life too -->

Beloved, I pray that all may go well with you and that you may be in good health, as it goes well with your soul. 3 John 1:2

Happinesst may not always be possible, but that's when He gives the peace that passes understanding and He gives joy.

You can't define what good is for you have no basis for it. Right and wrong will be a creation of your own mind, something will be good or bad because YOU say it is. The Christian has a guide and that is God and He speaks mainly through His Word. About knowing what God looks like, how 'bout we get you all holy and sparkly and you can see for yourself, huh?

I call that B.S. I was taught how to be a good person, just as you were by other humans throughout my life. I had plenty of guidance from real people. I didn't create morality, and it isn't something I take lightly. You've been taught that without religion we'll be criminals. That isn't true! Oh, by the way, I'm agnostic. If you were really honest with yourself, you'd be too.

Robotnik, how you doin' today? Not too scared, I hope?

Amen!

Rev 4:8

And the four living creatures, each one of them having six wings, are full of eyes around and within; and day and night they do not cease to say, "HOLY, HOLY, HOLY is THE LORD GOD, THE ALMIGHTY, WHO WAS AND WHO IS AND WHO IS TO COME."

And the four living creatures, each one of them having six wings, are full of eyes around and within; and day and night they do not cease to say, "HOLY, HOLY, HOLY is THE LORD GOD, THE ALMIGHTY, WHO WAS AND WHO IS AND WHO IS TO COME."

This isn't a church service. Sorry! This is the Den for us Lions. And we're getting hungry!yum.gif

I call that B.S. I was taught how to be a good person, just as you were by other humans throughout my life. I had plenty of guidance from real people. I didn't create morality, and it isn't something I take lightly. You've been taught that without religion we'll be criminals. That isn't true! Oh, by the way, I'm agnostic. If you were really honest with yourself, you'd be too.

I was "good" when I became a Christian, I was a good girl and virtually everybody liked that quiet girl ( apparently my only sin was not going to church and being secular) but I was snooty, I see it now. I was UNWISE cuz I compared myself with others that IS what us sinful humans do. Our standards are not God's standards. I feel better about myself now because God says I can go BOLDLY to His throne and He loves me even though I'm a mess.

This isn't a church service. Sorry! This is the Den for us Lions. And we're getting hungry!yum.gif

C'mon lions, em, ur, if you eat us we'll give you a stomach ache!

It's nice that you can look for happiness in this sad world but technically an atheist worldview offers no hope to folk who don't have relatively peaceful lives.

Perhaps not. That's why I don't evangelize atheism to other people. You believe whatever you want. I don't disturb Christian websites or churches. I leave you all alone to live your blissful ignorant lives. It's okay with me that you need imaginary friends and endless lives after death to make sense of life. But I don't need it. If you need it, then have at it. Don't assume that I need it because you do.

Christains can have the best of both worlds as it were. God wants us to enjoy this life too -->

I'm enjoy this life more now. And calmer and more accepting to our situation and the impossibility to change it. Hoping that God somehow has a plan made our live miserable and frustrating. Knowing that there's no superpower enforcing some grand plan made life easier.

Beloved, I pray that all may go well with you and that you may be in good health, as it goes well with your soul. 3 John 1:2

Sure.

Prayer is the easiest cop-out to do any actual work. But that's a discussion for another topic.

Happinesst may not always be possible, but that's when He gives the peace that passes understanding and He gives joy.

I found joy without religion as well.

It needs to be shown that foreknowledge of future decisions that are freely willed at the moment of the decision is possible.

What does omniscience not know?

What it doesn't know.

Which is only false propositions, hence God knows all true propositions including our future choices even those we would have made given different circumstances, i.e. counter factuals.

:)

I was "good" when I became a Christian, I was a good girl and virtually everybody liked that quiet girl ( apparently my only sin was not going to church and being secular) but I was snooty, I see it now. I was UNWISE cuz I compared myself with others that IS what we sinful humans do. Our standards are not God's standards. I feel better about myself now because God says I can go BOLDLY to His throne and He loves me even though I'm a mess.

We all aren't perfect, although we try to be good. You are an adult, capable of doing the right thing. Don't picture yourself as a dependent.

It needs to be shown that foreknowledge of future decisions that are freely willed at the moment of the decision is possible.

What it doesn't know.

Which is only false propositions, hence God knows all true propositions including our future choices even those we would have made given different circumstances, i.e. counter factuals.

Hence nothing can ever deviate from what he already knows will happen. When there's no temporality of knowledge, there's no "now" to know anything. Having omniscience and prescience is like knowing nothing.

God can't make a decision to do something different that he knows he will do anyway. What he knows, is what will happen. Nothing else. Nothing can ever change or be different. It's set in stone. It's a deterministic system. Even his own choices are unchangeable from what he already knows.

And it isn't a false proposition since someone not knowing what he doesn't know is the same as not knowing what he doesn't know. Someone who thinks he knows everything doesn't know what he doesn't know.

this thread is getting barfworthy - I'm out.

• Like 1

That's what it's for. It's the quick-and-messy approach to weight loss: 1) read this thread, 2) pray to porcelain, 3) lose weight.

Perhaps not. That's why I don't evangelize atheism to other people. You believe whatever you want. I don't disturb Christian websites or churches. I leave you all alone to live your blissful ignorant lives. It's okay with me that you need imaginary friends and endless lives after death to make sense of life. But I don't need it. If you need it, then have at it. Don't assume that I need it because you do.

Yes, I realize you're not like those fundametalist atheist evangelicals out there who are monumentally ignorant of the bible and are ever MISQUOTING it. I know secular people who do not care about God or the bible and they don't go about knocking it, they simply do not care. The believer leaves them alone but if an atheist does not want God and therefore CHOOSES not to believe in Him they should at least learn how the bible is to be studied instead of spewing tripe. If not, they should follow the regular secularists and eat, drink and be merry and leave the bible alone cuz the bible is NOT for unbelievers, it's for sons and potential sons!

I'm enjoy this life more now. And calmer and more accepting to our situation and the impossibility to change it. Hoping that God somehow has a plan made our live miserable and frustrating. Knowing that there's no superpower enforcing some grand plan made life easier.

No, according to the bible you are dead while you're living. I realize some people were taught shame based religion; the bible does NOT teach that! My God is rooting for me and He helps me along. I can tell Him EVERYTHING.

Sure.

Prayer is the easiest cop-out to do any actual work. But that's a discussion for another topic.

Look at the sentiments, Mr always looking to demonize God and His Word!

I found joy without religion as well.

The world does not give the peace that God gives.

:) We can put our differences aside and greet each other?

What it doesn't know.

Hence nothing can ever deviate from what he already knows will happen. When there's no temporality of knowledge, there's no "now" to know anything. Having omniscience and prescience is like knowing nothing.

God can't make a decision to do something different that he knows he will do anyway. What he knows, is what will happen. Nothing else. Nothing can ever change or be different. It's set in stone. It's a deterministic system. Even his own choices are unchangeable from what he already knows.

And it isn't a false proposition since someone not knowing what he doesn't know is the same as not knowing what he doesn't know. Someone who thinks he knows everything doesn't know what he doesn't know.

That's human thinking!

No, according to the bible you are dead while you're living. I realize some people were taught shame based religion; the bible does NOT teach that! My God is rooting for me and He helps me along. I can tell Him EVERYTHING.

According to ME, I'm alive when I'm living.

Right now, what you did above there, is one of those evangelizing things I hate about Christianity. The inability to accept other people's views and beliefs.

Look at the sentiments, Mr always looking to demonize God and His Word!

Seeing reality is not demonizing.

I've had both. I am at a better position to judge that about myself than you or your old book. You believe what you believe. I know what I know. I am what I am. Your belief does not influence my life, and doesn't become true because you believe so.