Goodbye Jesus

Daniel10_12, REPENT!

The Holy Ghost

Long time members are doomed to stay in the baby christian phase, the worst of the worst phases IMO.  Only the most braindead xtian could put up with this sort of mind boggling repetition for more than a year or two.

106803[/snapback]

:twitch: Um, can you say "redundant"? Or how about "oxymoron"? :lmao:

You've just explained WHY they all DO remain! And why those who THINK for themselves eventually get fed up and quit. (Like US!) LOL!

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• daniel_1012

• pandora

• Fweethawt

• Bluesman

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You've just explained WHY they all DO remain! And why those who THINK for themselves eventually get fed up and quit. (Like US!) LOL!

106807[/snapback]

Your right. I never thought about it before, but church is good at keeping you brainwashed. As long as you go all the time, they will do your thinking for you, but leave and the mind opens to new and exciting realities. :Doh:

106649[/snapback]

May I ask, why is it when I clicked on the attached file, I get a blank screen... nothing? :shrug:

106786[/snapback]

It's a bitmap file, so if you right click and save instead, or open in a new window you might have better luck.

May I ask, why is it when I clicked on the attached file, I get a blank screen... nothing? 

A mod probably got rid of it.

106790[/snapback]

No, the file is still there. But it's a BMP file.

ROFLMAO!!!

Goodness, daniel... I guess you haven't sinned since you became a Christian. I suffered an extreme amount of guilt (and so did hubby) from our sexual experiences. You make it sound like I was out giving blowjobs for 10$ bills... it was ONCE, with a guy I dated when I was young... he was 23 and actually, if you want to condemn anyone, then condemn him. He was a very skillful convincer. LOL

If my husband and I were the "kissed dating goodbye" types as Christians, then I bet we wouldn't have gotten into that situation. If I were still Christian, I would say that is a good way to keep oneself out of it, but since I am not, I think for being (nearly)25 and having only had two sexual partners, I did pretty good as a Christian. Maybe the Christians in Indiana are just more honest about their sexual experiences than the ones where you live.. I dunno. But lemme break it to you... the Christian group at my college (Campus Crusade) is full of girls who get drunk at frat parties and have sex with multiple men. That is very different than sexual acts done out of innocent love.

How old are you, daniel? Cuz it sounds like you have either not had the life experience to have sympathy for those that face sexual temptation (and ignorantly think it is the worst sin one could perform while a Christian) or you have major sexual hang ups.

Oh, and daniel, if you didn't get a hard on reading some of those stories, I would venture to say that you are asexual. Did god magically turn off your sex drive so you could experience a lust free life before marriage?

Why did you read them anyway? Why is a sexual experience before marriage deemed "proof" that a person never was Christian? I think you just had some early morning wood and wanted to get some release... LOL and then to repent of your lustful sin, you decided to use the experience "for God" and condemn the rest of us so you could ignore your own sin.

Like everyone else, you don't "believe" because of sin.  You fear the light, because your deeds might be exposed.  It's better to realize your religiousity of the past, as I once was religious myself before converting, and so you can become a Christian... realizing you never were to begin with.

106652[/snapback]

:lmao::loser:

Who the hell "fears the light" around here? Haven't we been shamelessly exposing ourselves, warts and all, for the world to see? :bukkake:

And about this "sin" issue. Isn't it the Christian who wants to "sin" and then be forgiven for it? Isn't it the Christian who desires to get away with being wicked, and then be excused for it? Isn't it the Christian, who "fears being exposed in the light"? Fearing that "God" is going to catch him whacking off, or sucking dick, or licking ass?

WE, NON-believers hold no such fears. We leave that to the province of YOU, daniel, frightened little boy that you are.

What a waste of a life.

Daniel, Daniel, why dost thou flee??

You run from the tough questions like a coward. You have yet to respond coherently to a number of inquiries. Typical fundie-- your fixed set of answers is like a deck of cards, and when a question doesn't fit, you can't play.

You don't deny Christ because of evidence... or maybe not even believe in God because of evidence.  Like everyone else, you don't "believe" because of sin.  You fear the light, because your deeds might be exposed.  It's better to realize your religiousity of the past, as I once was religious myself before converting, and so you can become a Christian... realizing you never were to begin with.

106652[/snapback]

That's so incredible stupid. "Don't believe because of sin." You're mixing up concepts left and right, because someone has been feeding you "default" answers to every question. And you haven't really thought about what you're saying. According to Paul, Christians sin too, but they don't stop believing because of it. There's nothing in the Bible that supports your little idea. According to the Bible people sin because they don't believe, not the other way around.

Oh.  And what do the OTHER Christians think of Chuck Smith?  Check out our hero here.  Enjoy!

106799[/snapback]

By the way, I met Chuck in person at several occasions.

And the Calvary Chapel church in Costa Mesa, plus a whole bunch of the brances, prayed for our son.

-edit-

This is the church we were going to: http://www.ccwestcovina.org/

Pastor: Joe Sabolick

I visited his web site and saw this under the statement of faith:

We Believe: worship of God should be Intelligent. Therefore: Our services are designed with great emphasis upon teaching of the Word of God that He might instruct us how He should be worshipped.

Yeah. Intelligent with a capital "I"? :lmao: What is that, if you shut out the whole of human knowledge that lives outside the bible? How can they possibly call their worship Intelligent? Then again, maybe they are, but Danny (nickname Jethro) has been stuck in the 1st grade for the last 12 years?

Oh, that's right!  You must be "undergirded" in your faith.  You must get your spirit recharged.  In other words, you just might stop believing if the pastor and other Christians don't reinforce your brain washing!

God needs a better pilot light.

I visited his web site and saw this under the statement of faith:

We Believe: worship of God should be Intelligent. Therefore: Our services are designed with great emphasis upon teaching of the Word of God that He might instruct us how He should be worshipped.

Yeah. Intelligent with a capital "I"? :lmao: What is that, if you shut out the whole of human knowledge that lives outside the bible? How can they possibly call their worship Intelligent? Then again, maybe they are, but Danny (nickname Jethro) has been stuck in the 1st grade for the last 12 years?

106903[/snapback]

Of course they shut everything else out, it's the only way most of them can keep stomaching the mularkey they keep feeding themselves.

Daniel, Daniel, why dost thou flee?? 

You run from the tough questions like a coward.  You have yet to respond coherently to a number of inquiries.  Typical fundie-- your fixed set of answers is  like a deck of cards, and when a question doesn't fit, you can't play.

106843[/snapback]

I'm being moderated for 7 days. I'm not going to bother replying, and waiting around to see which ones make it through and which ones do not, till that's done.

I'm being moderated for 7 days.  I'm not going to bother replying, and waiting around to see which ones make it through and which ones do not, till that's done.

106929[/snapback]

You're being moderated?

You're being kept within reasonable limits for 7 days.

Okay...

What are you doing for the rest of the month, being kept modulated.

I'm being moderated for 7 days.  I'm not going to bother replying, and waiting around to see which ones make it through and which ones do not, till that's done.

106929[/snapback]

Daniel: if you're being moderated, it's probably to see if you can make any kind of a post that contains an original thought, or a reasonable reply to anyone else's points that were raised.

We already get the "you guys are sinners who are bound for hell unless you repent and turn to God" routine. Contrary to what you might think, the gospel message is pretty much well known by most everyone.

We're just extremely curious to see if you are able to say anything other than that. If you check out for the next 7 days, we can safely assume that you are incapable of generating a single thought independent of your book.

Someday, you will realize what a robotic putz you were during this time of your life.

This is a farce. No christian would call themselves "The Holy Ghost" nor would they use a "ghost" as an avatar. Quit fucking around.

I'm not complaining. I'll take moderation for a week... it's only a week... but I'm not going to post to reply after reply, looking to see which ones they allow through and which ones they don't. I'm just going to wait until the weeks up.

I should probably spend some time with the Lord anyways, and I think this time away will be good. No worries... :)

Only the most braindead xtian could put up with this sort of mind boggling repetition for more than a year or two.

Sounds like the ultimate form of brainwashing to me. Explains a lot about Danny, too.

Seriously, though, I can't help but feel a bit sorry for him. He's completely brainwashed and in a cult, and unless he leaves he will be delusional for the rest of his life.

Daniel, I hope you get a life someday. I really, truly, do. Even if you just convert to a moderate church, at least you'll be less brainwashed then you are right now.

I'm sorry, does this mean that you are being "watched" on how you respond on this site????

If this is truly the case, that is a HUGE cult warning sign. I am very serious. I'm sure you'll just ignore this post and blow it off right now, but I hope you consider that someday. This is from Factnet. I'm pasting it here because I'm sure you won't take the time to visit the link. Ignore this list at your own peril. I am doing this because I am seriously concerned about you as a human being, okay? Please at least read it all the way through, and take the time to think about it. Ask yourself when nobody's watching over your shoulder. Is this a cult?

Warning signs of a destructive cult

Do you know someone in a destructive cult?

Warning signs!

Anyone could attack a group they disagree with by unfairly labeling it a destructive cult. How would you know whether it really were such a cult or not? Isn't there an objective method to evaluate groups for cultic tendencies? Yes. The following early warning signs can help you reasonably determine whether or not a group is likely to be a destructive cult, and if you should be concerned about a friend, coworker, or loved one being involved with it.

The main reason that the following destructive cult tactics are so damaging to both the individual and society is because they debilitate rationality and reduce empathy. Rationality and empathy are indispensable in making good personal and social decisions. History is littered with personal and social catastrophes where a lack of rationality and lack of empathy were its core causes.

Ask yourself if the following criteria apply to the group you are concerned about.

A destructive cult tends to be totalitarian in its control of its members' behavior. Cults are likely to dictate in great detail not only what members believe, but also what members wear and eat, when and where members work, sleep, and bathe, and how members think, speak, and conduct familial, marital, or sexual relationships.

A destructive cult tends to have an ethical double standard. Members are urged to be obedient to the cult, to carefully follow cult rules. They are also encouraged to be revealing and open in the group, confessing all to the leaders. On the other hand, outside the group they are encouraged to act unethically, manipulating outsiders or nonmembers, and either deceiving them or simply revealing very little about themselves or the group. In contrast to destructive cults, honorable groups teach members to abide by one set of ethics and act ethically and truthfully to all people in all situations.

A destructive cult has only two basic purposes: recruiting new members and fund-raising. Altruistic movements, established religions, and other honorable groups also recruit and raise funds. However, these actions are incidental to an honorable group's main purpose of improving the lives of its members and of humankind in general. Destructive cults may claim to make social contributions, but in actuality such claims are superficial and only serve as gestures or fronts for recruiting and fund-raising. A cult's real goal is to increase the prestige and often the wealth of the leader.

A destructive cult appears to be innovative and exclusive. The leader claims to be breaking with tradition, offering something novel, and instituting the ONLY viable system for change that will solve life's problems or the world's ills. But these claims are empty and only used to recruit members who are then surreptitiously subjected to mind control to inhibit their ability to examine the actual validity of the claims of the leader and the cult.

A destructive cult is authoritarian in its power structure. The leader is regarded as the supreme authority. He or she may delegate certain power to a few subordinates for the purpose of seeing that members adhere to the leader's wishes. There is no appeal outside his or her system to a greater system of justice. For example, if a schoolteacher feels unjustly treated by a principal, an appeal can be made to the superintendent. In a destructive cult, the leader claims to have the only and final ruling on all matters.

A destructive cult's leader is a self-appointed messianic person claiming to have a special mission in life. For example, leaders of flying saucer cults claim that beings from outer space have commissioned them to lead people away from Earth, so that only the leaders can save them from impending doom.

A destructive cult's leader centers the veneration of members upon himself or herself. Priests, rabbis, ministers, democratic leaders, and other leaders of genuinely altruistic movements focus the veneration of adherents on God or a set of ethical principles. Cult leaders, in contrast, keep the focus of love, devotion, and allegiance on themselves.

A destructive cult's leader tends to be determined, domineering, and charismatic. Such a leader effectively persuades followers to abandon or alter their families, friends, and careers to follow the cult. The leader then takes control over followers' possessions, money, time, and lives.

I'm not complaining.  I'll take moderation for a week... it's only a week... but I'm not going to post to reply after reply, looking to see which ones they allow through and which ones they don't.  I'm just going to wait until the weeks up.

I should probably spend some time with the Lord anyways, and I think this time away will be good.  No worries... :)

106987[/snapback]

That's the Christian thing to do. When you face trouble, or the truth, or questions, or hard questions, or adversity, you should go back and bolster your beliefs. Listen only to those you already agree with and focus on rebuilding or strengthening your faith.

It is not safe here. There is an abundance of fuel here, and if somehow an independant thought is sparked in your head, something might ignite.

Ok, Amethyst- you've got me confused. Who is moderating Danny-boy? This site? His youth pastor?

Ok, Amythist- you've got me confused. Who is moderating Danny-boy? This site? His youth pastor?

I don't know, but from what it sounded like, it was someone at his church.

I put Dannyboy on moderation for once again violating the guidelines of the forum and for general dispicable behavior. Specifically, taking personally identifiable information and posts of ExChristian's from the sexuality forum and posting them in the Lions's Den without permission. ExChristians who are discussing sexuality issues with other ExChristians should not expect to see their posts broadcast to an open forum or to other venues, such as Dannyboy's website or in public forums without permission. While no sexual stuff has shown up on his website, other threeads have been pasted there, most likely without the other person's knowledge.

Thus, Dannyboy's posts require moderator approval for 7 days and his behavior on the site is being observed by all the moderators. Lion's Den is pretty much open season for everyone, the rest of the site is to "Encourage ExChristians" not to mine for information to attack them in other venues.

Bruce

He has a website? What is it??