Goodbye Jesus

Free Master Of Divinity & Undergraduate Degrees If Anyone Is Interested

Victory2011

I am interested in learning more about Christianity, it's origins, and things like that. I came across Nations University which is a FREE University Online. I already have my undergraduate done, so naturally I am going for my Masters in Divinity Degree now. I think there is a fee of $250/yr, and that is it. Here is a list of courses I will be taking. Some of them are really interesting.

I am posting this for anyone who is interested in learning more. That is why we are here, to learn more. Maybe it will help someone who is struggling.

http://www.nationsu.org/

Here are some of the courses. They are awesome! Check it out.

Homiletics (M 629)

The Ancient Near East (MRS 101)

New Testament Environment (MRS 140)

The Torah (MRS 200)

Isaiah, Jeremiah, and Ezekiel (MRS 209) *Textbooks

The Former Prophets (MRS 213)

The Five Scrolls (MRS 214)

Job, Psalms, and Proverbs (MRS 215)

Chronicles, Ezra, Nehemiah, and Daniel (MRS 216)

Biblical Hebrew (MRS 226)

The Book of the Twelve (MRS 290)

The Gospel of John (MRS 306)

Hebrews, James, Peter, and Jude (MRS 319)

The Apocalypse (MRS 320)

Pauline Epistles I (MRS 323)

Pauline Epistles II (MRS 324)

Acts of Apostles (MRS 325)

Koiné Greek (MRS 326)

The Reformation (MRS 411)

Christianity in Africa (MRS 417)

Christianity in Asia (MRS 418)

North American Religious History (MRS 419)

Latin American Religious History (MRS 420)

Roman Catholic Theology (MRS 520) *Internet Version

Roman Catholic Theology (MRS 520) *Textbook Version

Old Testament Theology (530)

The Church to 120 C.E. (MRS 540)

The Church from 120-209 (MRS 541)

Traditional Religion (MRS 701)

Buddhism and Christianity (MRS 710)

Hinduism and Christianity (MRS 712)

Islam and Christianity (MRS 718)

For some reason I don't trust these things.

I do not think it is spamming, since it is something related to what we are talking about here.

Guest Valk0010

I do not think it is spamming, since it is something related to what we are talking about here.

Then prove its accredited, otherwise its spam.

Oh Victory, you do start the best games!!

Okay, guess what I'm enrolled in for my next unit at university? Critical Thinking! I'm really looking forward to it!! I highly recommend you look into a course on it! I'm going to be studying logical fallacies, biases, deductive and inductive reasoning, and premises!

Anyone else got some studying coming up? If so, what are you studying? I like this game!

Hey, you never know, there might be people who are passing by here who see this as something valuable and might start studying. There are a lot of guests here and people that are anonymous too. You never really know smile.png

Hey, you never know, there might be people who are passing by here who see this as something valuable and might start studying. There are a lot of guests here and people that are anonymous too. You never really know smile.png

Oh, I see. So you've given up on us, but hope to influence any lurkers we may have.

Oh, I see. So you've given up on us, but hope to influence any lurkers we may have.

Do I smell jealousy? ;)

Guest Valk0010

Well that is incredibly disingenuous.

Do I smell jealousy? wink.png

Ha! No, though I don't approve of Victory's attempt to turn Ex-C into an evangelism venture.

Clearly you haven't been around the proverbial block here. Many people at Ex-C are former seminarians and pastors. They are qualified to teach the unaccredited drivel courses you are planning on taking.

Just a word of warning: don't expect anyone in the real world to take your "courses" seriously. What you are going to hear/learn is neither scholarly nor critical. I doubt they even have qualified scholars as professors.

My advice: go to a real university or college. You'll learn way more.

You don't need to get an MDiv to understand more about Christianity. There is a wealth of literature available at bookstores and online. A good place to start New Testament studies is with Bart Ehrman and he's easy to read.

Otherwise, if you are truly serious about being a student and getting an MDiv, skip the diploma mill. Go to an ATS accredited seminary: http://www.ats.edu/Pages/default.aspx

When I first saw this thread entitled "Free Master of Divinity and Undergraduate Degrees" I thought someone at Ex-C was being silly, offering to "sell" their useless religious degrees.

That made way more sense.

• Like 1

Well I do not have 50K for a Masters Degree...so I thought this would be the next best thing for ME. I do not have student debt and I would like to keep it that way.

It was just a thought, and I wanted to share it for anyone that is interested. If not, no worries.

Well I do not have 50K for a Masters Degree...so I thought this would be the next best thing for ME. I do not have student debt and I would like to keep it that way.

It was just a thought, and I wanted to share it for anyone that is interested. If not, no worries.

You may wish to go proffer this nonsense where there are more, oh, I don't know... maybe... Christians?

Just sayin'...

• Like 1

What are you hoping to gain with your degree? Are you just wanting the degree for the fun of it or prestige, or do you plan to use the degree somehow? If you want the degree to count in the real world, you will need to check to see if it is accredited and therefore accepted in the wider world. If you're just doing it for fun...knock yourself out. Hope it is all you are hoping it is. Be prepared that it might not be.

Why do you think anyone on this site, or even lurking here would even be interested in this? Even if it wasn't a worthless diploma mill, most people that will turn up this site in a search are people that are or are becoming ex-christians. We want to study christian theology like a holocaust survivor wants to study the history of Nazi Germany. (we are already quite intimately familiar with it and want nothing to do with that horse shit (I apologize in advance if I've offended any horses) )

• Like 1

Divinity degrees = Waste of time and money = Toilet paper

This is the truth my friend. I wish somebody told me before I got mine.

Seminary degrees do not cost 50k. That diploma mill online study degree is not even worth $250, just because they call it an MDiv doesn't mean it is one.

I am interested in learning more about Christianity, it's origins, and things like that. I came across Nations University which is a FREE University Online. I already have my undergraduate done, so naturally I am going for my Masters in Divinity Degree now. I think there is a fee of $250/yr, and that is it. Here is a list of courses I will be taking. Some of them are really interesting.

I am posting this for anyone who is interested in learning more. That is why we are here, to learn more. Maybe it will help someone who is struggling.

http://www.nationsu.org/

Here are some of the courses. They are awesome! Check it out.

Homiletics (M 629)

The Ancient Near East (MRS 101)

New Testament Environment (MRS 140)

The Torah (MRS 200)

Isaiah, Jeremiah, and Ezekiel (MRS 209) *Textbooks

The Former Prophets (MRS 213)

The Five Scrolls (MRS 214)

Job, Psalms, and Proverbs (MRS 215)

Chronicles, Ezra, Nehemiah, and Daniel (MRS 216)

Biblical Hebrew (MRS 226)

The Book of the Twelve (MRS 290)

The Gospel of John (MRS 306)

Hebrews, James, Peter, and Jude (MRS 319)

The Apocalypse (MRS 320)

Pauline Epistles I (MRS 323)

Pauline Epistles II (MRS 324)

Acts of Apostles (MRS 325)

Koiné Greek (MRS 326)

The Reformation (MRS 411)

Christianity in Africa (MRS 417)

Christianity in Asia (MRS 418)

North American Religious History (MRS 419)

Latin American Religious History (MRS 420)

Roman Catholic Theology (MRS 520) *Internet Version

Roman Catholic Theology (MRS 520) *Textbook Version

Old Testament Theology (530)

The Church to 120 C.E. (MRS 540)

The Church from 120-209 (MRS 541)

Traditional Religion (MRS 701)

Buddhism and Christianity (MRS 710)

Hinduism and Christianity (MRS 712)

Islam and Christianity (MRS 718)

Why not just visit http://www.themonastery.org/?gclid=CMyjvJCj8rACFQ5rhwodJFVBjQ and get your ministerial ordination. It is much cheaper.

You don't need to get an MDiv to understand more about Christianity. There is a wealth of literature available at bookstores and online. A good place to start New Testament studies is with Bart Ehrman and he's easy to read.

Otherwise, if you are truly serious about being a student and getting an MDiv, skip the diploma mill. Go to an ATS accredited seminary: http://www.ats.edu/Pages/default.aspx

I learned enough about xianity (and religion in general) to get a degree for only $4.75 in late fees at my local library.

HOW DO YA LIKE THOSE FUCKIN APPLES??!!

:)

I learned enough about xianity an religion in general to hold a degree for only $4.75 in late fees at my local library.

It's chaps my mother loving ass! Seminary was so hard. Now I read Ehrman and I tell my husband, I spent four years getting a Master's Degree; you can just spend four hours reading this book and figure out what I learned! (OT not included ;). This stuff that flips us out has been known for a hundred/2 hundred years, the MDiv's just don't pass it down to the sheep - we all coulda been saved from this hell.

I learned enough about xianity an religion in general to hold a degree for only $4.75 in late fees at my local library.

It's chaps my mother loving ass! Seminary was so hard. Now I read Ehrman and I tell my husband, I spent four years getting a Master's Degree; you can just spend four hours reading this book and figure out what I learned! (OT not included ;). This stuff that flips us out has been known for a hundred/2 hundred years, the MDiv's just don't pass it down to the sheep - we all coulda been saved from this hell.

Apparently the Good Will Hunting reference went unnoticed. :P

But it still holds true. It's all out there if you just look. Well, I got 99/100th of a Pharm.D. That's worth nothing. So I know how you feel.

futurama-fry-meme-generator-not-sure-if-trolling-or-just-fundamentalist-christian-ed4732.jpg
  • Like 2